Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

4 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 15 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by InteroVegas 2016-10-03, 11:57

(Gwain was already in the tavern with us)

Leewan nods. "Keep your efforts hidden from public eye, brother."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 15 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-03, 14:22

As the brothers eat their breakfast in near total silence Treachery walks in through the door and nods to Gwain in acknowledgement of the summons. Through the windows, Gwain can see several of his men waiting outside and a hoot at presumably a women is heard from one of them (you can't see which, though is sounds like Greed). Gwain can't help but feel like Robillard hasn't told him something important.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-03, 18:38

Robillard, who has been quietly demolishing the mountain of food before him, suddenly starts.

"By Themis!" He shouts, spraying his brothers with a mouthful of egg and gravy, "I had forgotten last night!" He clutched his head, pained by the volume of his voice, then continues.

"Gwain, I must tell you, Sir Eichenwald is a debtor of the Baron. He casually mentioned it last night." You can see a look of hesitation cross Robillard's face for a moment, but he takes a deep draught of his beer and says, "if ... If you wish, I will accompany you to that... place where I find him. Perhaps it will be good to your soul, to see temptation so near and still refuse it."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-04, 00:01

Gwain raises an eyebrow, clearly interested in more way than one. "A lead is a lead, I guess we'll have to follow it, no matter how painful it might be for us..."

Turning his attention to Treachery, Gwain's face gains a hint of seriousness. "Tell the men we're going urban today. Leave five at the camp and bring another five into the city wearing something indiscreet. Let's see Ex Baron's goons come at me today."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-04, 00:38

Treachery gets a worried expression and says "Sir, is it really such a good idea to try going toe to toe with him? I would rather not be thrown in the stockade again; I've already gotten one too many rotten tomatoes to the face already."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-04, 16:18

Robillard guffaws. The alcohol has now driven away his headache. He grabs another mug from a passing maid and yells out.

"Oh Treachery, why so scared! Are you worried you won't match up to the challenge? Again!!! Ha Ha Ha! Stick with me and you'll be fine. Here! Have a drink!"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-04, 16:42

Treachery looks at the yelling Robillard who is already beginning to blush from the alcohol, then over to Leewan with his uncaring gaze, and back to Gwain and says "I don't fear his men sir but I do fear those who may take ill of our actions. He has already taken his sufferage from the law before, what could he have done to necessitate action against him again?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-04, 19:10

"I don't mean to suggest that we'll be looking for trouble, merely prepared if trouble finds us."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-04, 19:14

"Themis is on our side today! I can feel it in my bones! Come on, let's go!" Robillard shoved the table back and stands up, swaying slightly."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-04, 21:09

[Y'all need to say where your going cause I don't know that.]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-04, 21:25

"Alright big boy, I need you to take me to this Mr. Eichwald preson. I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunity for drinks along the way."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-04, 21:46

Robillard finishes off his latest mug, grabs one more flagon for the road, then heads out the door. "This way!" he shouts as he lumbers forth, barely feeling the weight of his armor.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-04, 23:15

[Robillard will need to make a tear to remember the way]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-10-05, 01:40

"Gwain, before you take your leave. You said this Bradford is a fugitive from the law?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-05, 01:52

"Unfortunately I'm not entirely sure Bradford's legal status at the moment. When Maria claimed the throne from the ex baron, she stripped him of all the rites and holdings she could, as well as pardoned me for my acts of rebellion. As rule of Fraseto transitioned back to Lord Henry the Exalted, Bradford's status might have changed. I do not know under which title the ex baron has been acting, but I intend to find out."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-05, 08:45

With that Gwain, Robillard and company head out of the tavern. Robillard struggles to not knock people over with his mass as he walks through the streets though he still bumps into a large number of people. Gwain tries to apologize for his brother as they go and after an hour of walking through claustrophobic crowds and narrow streets the brothers and men of Gwains Guard find themselves in front of an out of place building for its location.

Now that there is sunlight to see the building in full Robillard and Gwain stand before a three story building with artistic depictions of animals carved into the areas around windows which themselves are draped in crimson sheets. A balcony on the top floor extends over the street slightly and lanterns in the shape of eagles sit atop each corner. There aren't any patrons outside currently and a few people walk the street with eyes to the ground. Robillard, despite his drunk state, feels uneasy about going back in
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-05, 08:51

"This is the place," Robillard says, gesturing with a bottle he somehow managed to pick up on the way. "But it is truly a den of sin and iniquity. Maybe we should call Eichenwald out here! Yea, then we don't have to go back in."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-05, 12:40

Before Robillard can finish his thought, Gwain has already approached the doors and begun knocking.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-05, 12:44

Gwain knocks on the door and a mere moment later it opens and a beautiful (in both looks and dress) women amswers the door and says with a smile "Hello good sir, have you come to partake in refreshments or other, more intimate, buisiness?" Robillard notices the men of Gwains Guard starring at the women at the door and a couple whisper rather raunchy comments to each other.

Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-05, 13:22

"Why hello, what a pleasant surprise to be greeted by such a beautiful woman at this hour of the morning. Technically, I've to speak with Sir Eichwald, but I don't see why that and 'intimate' buisiness should be mutually exclusive."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-05, 13:34

"You wish to speak with Sir Eichenwald? He is here though he is busy with his buisiness. If you and any of you other gentlemen would care to wait in company then I'd be happy to arrange it." Gwain can't help but feel the weight of many eager eyes on him.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-05, 13:38

"Well... I can't say no to a face like yours, now can I. But please do fetch us when Sir Eichenwald is ready."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-05, 14:50

"No brother! This is Themis, testing your faith!" The alcohol has overcome Robillard's usual reticence. "Begone, foul temptress! We will wait out here for Eichenvald!"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-07, 11:50

Gwain hands the woman what he deems to be sufficient change. "Oops, looks like I failed another test of faith."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-07, 11:52

Robillard scoffs, but sadly is not quick witted (or sober) enough to come up with a good rebuttal. He has no choice but to follow Gwain inside.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-09, 02:00

And with that Gwain and his men are guided in by beautiful women (most are scantily clad to begin with) and individually taken to separate rooms for personal enjoyment times. Robillard is left to his personal sadness and demons and awkwardly makes his way to the bar inside and begins drinking even more. As he does so he begins drinking with some of the more grizzled and obviously veteran soldier types and thus becomes EVEN MORE DRUNK. As Robillard continues to facilitate his drinking problem a bald man dressed in fine green silks and wearing many fine pieces of jewelry comes over to him (from where you have no idea as you've stopped paying much attention to your surroundings). Upon this mans arrival, the veterans become much quieter and he says from a standing position at your table,

"Well I see I'm not the only Lord here in this establishment. Would you care if I join you at the table?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After two hours (that Gwain has paid for) of company with one of the establishments whores eventually the same women who greeted you knocks on the door and gives you a moment to collect yourself before her entering. On entering she stops at the doorway and says with a smile "Are you ready to see Sir Eichenwald now Sir? Or would you prefer to spend more time in the comfort of another of our ladies?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-09, 02:04

Gwain sighs happily. "I suppose I best not be keeping my brothers too long." As he begins to leave, Gwain looks back at the woman lounging on the bed and winks. "Until next time sweetheart."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-09, 07:50

Robillard looks over suspiciously (although with how much he's drunk, it's really just him squinting his eyes shut). "Pish off, pretty boy! I don ashoshiate with 'lords' who go to whorehoushesh. Shame on you!" (Ignore the hypocrisy. I'm drunk.)
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-09, 11:42

The Green clothed individual gives you a look that indicates he doesn't understand what you said. Whether it's because you are slurring your words so much it's incomprehensible or you just faceplanted into the table when you spoke you're unsure. Either way he doesn't say anything further to you as a man as drunk as you makes for rather poor company and leaves you to your drinking. After some amount of time that seems like an eternity as his vision swirls around him (and some staring at the women about he feels he can't help but likely won't remember this sin) Robillard sees Gwain walk back into the main entrance area. Gwain finds his brother currently killing his liver with more drinks in the company of some near equally drunk individuals.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-09, 13:49

As Gwain enters the room and sees the state of Robillard, he cries out in overdone repentance. "What have I done!? How could have I gone so long committing such sins of flesh? If only there was someone close to me that could show me Themis's light."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-09, 14:52

"Guhwayn! Ife bin wayting fur u fur sow laong. Eye mished uuuu!!"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-09, 15:32

"Brother! Only you can help me see the light! Please tell me how to atone. But not here, follow me, quickly, this way!" Gwain points to where he was directed to find Eichenwald.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-09, 15:35

As Robillard attempts to stand, a tear rolls down his cheek.  "Yesh, I weel hehlp yu! Prey with mi ash we walk!"  He staggers off towards the direction Gwain pointed, trying his hardest not to smash into any furniture. As he goes, he bellows out a hymn to Themis. Even while drunk, he still knows all the words (although his pronunciation is a bit suspect).
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-09, 16:55

Gwain realizes Robillard is going the wrong way and does his best to quiet his brother and get him going the right direction. The women from before guides the two of you up two flights of stairs before stopping outside a door in a long hallway (were it not for the guide you'd have no way of knowing which door it would be). She knocks and the door is opened by another woman inside who guides you both inside. After passing through a series of curtains you find Eichenwald (the only male in the room) in much the same surrounding as when Robillard had found him originally. Eichenwald sits up from two naked women who were lounging on a couch with him and adjusts his robe. Robillard does his best to look straight at the floor even in his delirious state.

Eichenwald looks at you two and says "What are you doing bothering me again? You said I'd have two days to get you your ship model."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-09, 19:01

"Mr Eichenwald, a pleasure to finally meet you. I must say, I'm a fan of your... accommodations. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Gwain Von Griswald, Arrowsplitter and Bradford's Bane. My brother here has informed me that you might know a thing or two about the ex baron of Fraseto, Bartholomew Bradford."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-09, 19:02

Eichenwald gives you an oblong look and says "I know I owe him a lot of money. I'm not exactly inclined to give out information of my clients however."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-09, 19:10

"As a matter of fact, I find myself in a similar circumstance. I too owe Bradford more money than I care to give. The ex baron and I have been enemies for a long time now, but I had assumed he would fade into obscurity after his ousting from Fraseto. I've come to hear anything you can tell me about Bradford's recent doings. Maybe we can even form a useful partnership. We apparently have similar tastes." Gwain finishes the last sentence with a sweeping gesture towards the two woman.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-09, 21:04

Eichenwald waves his hand in a dismissive gesture and says "Bradford's enemies are none of my concern; and like I said, I'm not one to give out a clients information lightly. Bradford owes me almost as much money as I owe him and I'm not going to jeopardize that on a whim."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-09, 23:54

Robillard sits down heavily all of a sudden. His eyes widen in shock. His jaw hangs open.

"Wai-, wai-, wait. You owe Bradford," his finger points at Eichenwald, "an Bradford owes you?!" His forehead crinkles as his alcohol-pickled brain tries to make sense of everything. "But then you'd be ... even?"

He swings around to Gwain, almost losing his balance (even while seated). "An wait! You owe Bradford!" He giggles, suprisingly high-pitched. "Butt-ford."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-10, 01:07

Eichenwald chuckles at the ramblings of the drunk Robillard "It's not so simple. Now if there's nothing more you want for me I'll have your model by tomorrow."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-10, 15:00

"You say you won't give out a client's information lightly... how might I persuade the great Eichenwald to think differently?"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-10, 15:16

He ponders for a moment and finally says "I think the opportunity to present the model I'm building to the new king would be sufficient."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-13, 09:00

Although the the alcohol may have blurred his sense of time, Robillard still feels that this pause in the conversation has gone on too long.

"Ish good." He mumbles. "Good plan. See you at the king."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-13, 14:22

Gwain thinks on this for a [very long] time. "Hmm, it's not typical to have the craftsman present his work to the king, but perhaps we could make an exception. If you cooperate with me on the Bradford issue, then you are invited to join our entourage to the king and you will be given the opportunity to personally present your gift in our name."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-13, 14:25

Eichenwald smiles and leans forward with both his hands clasped together into a ball which his chin rests upon. He looks to the women about him and back to you before speaking again "Then what is it you wish to know? Have no fear for the women present betraying you for none of them have any love for Bradford."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-13, 15:02

"Hah, as if any woman has love for Bradford! In any case, I wish to know how Bradford went from ousted baron to powerful business man. Please do not hesitate to leave out any details on shady dealings Bradford would have had to undertake."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-13, 15:24

Eichenwald his head in negation as he speaks the first couple of words "I'm afraid for you his rise to power was not by shady dealings or any deals with spirits. I don't know much of what he did immediately following his exile but I do know how he made his fortune. Despite the circumstances behind his exile, Bradford is very good with money. As such, he quickly attracted the attention of a benefactor; though who I cannot say. In my time knowing him he has never told me who it is who supports him and vice versa to this day. The person you may find of interest, however, is the one whom I know is informed of who Bradfords benefactor is: Lord Eckhart Holzer."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-13, 22:44

"Eckhart Holzer you say? I owe the man a visit then. Over what lands does this lord lord?"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-14, 00:27

Just as Gwain speaks he remembers the name, Eckhart Holzer. Realistically, Gwains surprised he didn't recognize the name sooner but perhaps all of the recent occurrences and rage have clouded his memory somewhat. Eckhart Holzer is the senior head of House Holzer. The house has rather notoriously been a thorn in the side of the Griswald family for generations with their lands immediately to the south and share the responsibility for guarding White Pass with the Griswald family. While their domain is not as well defended as Griswalds they nonetheless own more land in total and as such produce more wealth by the simple amount of resources available. Recently the Holzer family has been rather quite towards house Griswald and while the reprieve was certainly welcome it appears that it may very well have had a very good reason.

Eichenwald laughs at your expression of realization and says "If you're so intent on meeting him. I do believe you know where to go. Though I doubt gaining audience at the tournament will be so easy for you."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-14, 11:47

"Hmph, we'll see about that. They don't call me Arrowsplitter for nothing. Thank you for your cooperation. I hope to see you again soon."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next