Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

4 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 14 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-09-13, 09:14

"Excuse me if I'm not in the mood for pleasantries, but I just had a surprise reunion with Ex Baron Bradford. Who told you the Bradford had fled? He apparently is doing quite well for himself in this very city..."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 2

Back to top Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 14 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by Dekaru 2016-09-13, 11:02

The fletcher raises an eyebrow at your statement and says "I heard he was exiled from Adroysia's capital Fraseto as I said before. I can't quite say who it was who told me as she was an Adroysian merchant who had come through the bazaar three months ago and happened to tell me of the happenings. As to the man's presence here I can't say I was aware until now."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-09-14, 00:54

"So much strangeness in the capital. Despite the glory of our nation's heart I pray that none of this corruption or chaos has plagued your own lands."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-09-14, 01:06

Gwain narrows his eyes skeptically. [10 on awareness check]

"An Adroysian merchant you say? What did she look like? Did you catch her name?"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-09-14, 08:57

As far as you can tell he's telling the truth and he replies with "She was a fair maiden though if you ever saw her you'd best recognize her by the golden bracelet in the shape of a two-headed serpent she wears on her left wrist. As to her name, I believe it was Corrina."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lord gives a half smile of sorts and says "All is not doom and gloom here for which we are fortunate. I imagine I'll be seeing you at the "Grand Tournament" in the coming weeks which, while certainly occurring at a bad time, should be entertaining nonetheless. I look forward to it as at least there I'll be getting away from the endless parade of merchants that come to my door."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-09-14, 12:08

"If you ever see her again. Inform her that Gwain von Griswold wishes a word with her. That is all."

With that, Gwain storms out of the shop, ready to rest after one hell of a day.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-09-14, 13:47

Robillard is also glad to finally take off his armor, stretch put his sore muscles, and settle down by the fire with a good tankard of mead and Themis' holy book.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-09-15, 16:40

[Gwain and Robillard are free to talk about things as they wish. Time can't progress until Leewans conversation is done]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-09-17, 03:18

"Any extent of Griswald appearance at the tournament will depend on the state this fresh war. In any case a representative will be sent to demonstrate our prowess. When do you travel to swear allegiance?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-09-17, 12:06

"I will be heading to the capital come the end of this week. I look forward to seeing your houses champion in action." As he finishes speaking a guard comes in through the door and says "Sir, the merchants have begun to pile up by the dozens at the door. They're becoming quite unruly in their wait to speak with you."

The Steward gives a slight smirk and says "It would appear the time of fun for this evening is at an end, my Lord. Shall we open the gates to them again?"

The lord shakes his head in frustration and says "I suppose that would be the correct thing to do." looking back at Leewan "I'm afraid my other stately affairs demand my attention. At least the tournament will allow me some time to get out of this stuffy hall."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-09-17, 20:25

"Certainly, our conversation has taken long enough and my own men grow restless waiting for my return. You see, they are eager to continue their journey."

With that, Leewan monotonically bids farewell to the lord and searches for his kin.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-09-17, 23:32

Leewan leaves and finds his brothers not long after they themselves have arrived back at where the cart was parked. He has a hunch there are many things he needs to be told by the expression on Gwains face.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-09-17, 23:38

Never in a hurry to tell Leewan bad news, Gwain opens with an innocuous welcome. "Good to see us all back. How was your audience with the local lord?"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-09-18, 02:48

"The heir to the throne was assassinated by his younger brother and the cardinals war with each other using the torturous and unforgiving methods they've employed against their most hated enemies."

Leewan stares unblinkingly.

"What came of your purchasing endeavor?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-09-18, 12:57

So tired that he doesn't understand what Leewan means by the civil war between the cardinals, Robillard looks up from The Holy Writ and answers.

"I managed to complete a contract with Sir Eichenwald, a boat designer of this city. He will build a pleasure barge for the new king. However, Gwain has had a much more interesting day than I have. Haven't you, Gwain?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-09-18, 17:24

Gwain's eyes dart around nervously. "I'm no legal expert but... I think I owe Ex Baron Bradford a lot of money."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-09-21, 11:06

Leewan's statuesque eyes train their gaze on the youngest brother of house Griswald. The remainder of Leewan's face contorts with wrinkles and fury. The moment passes and he resumes his calm demeanor.

"How much. Why."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-09-21, 11:11

"I kind of accidentally bought the rights to one of his indentured servants. For 600 gold dragons..."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-09-21, 12:28

"By whose authority was the contract completed?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-09-21, 17:02

"Mine and his I suppose? I'm no legal expert, but Bradford made it sound as though the local Lord would be on his side..."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-09-22, 15:32

"We should ascertain the specifics of your 'situation' in a more private place. One without windows or spying ears."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-09-22, 19:29

"Agreed, though I will warn you that if we fight Brandford on the law, on his turf, we will most certainly loose. The ex baron is a master of technicalities and foul play."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-09-22, 20:32

[And where will the brothers be heading to discuss this recent development?]

Last edited by Dekaru on 2016-09-23, 11:16; edited 1 time in total
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-09-23, 11:09

[Presumably whatever inn room we would sleep in?]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-09-23, 11:21

And so the three brothers take their leave of the current environment and soon find themselves at one of the local inns. Setting up rooms for each to stay in eventually you all reconvene in one of the rooms to discuss the current affairs.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-09-23, 18:20

"Explain. In detail."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-09-23, 20:41

Gwain explains the events of the day, adding every detail he can remember.... yes, including those details.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-09-23, 21:57

"No whore is worth six hundred dragons. This lineage does not draw from the coffers for the foolish pursuits of flesh and whatever woes follow."

Leewan continues speaking without hesitation or even an ounce of emotion.

"Gwain, all you must do now is take responsibility. The funds could be arranged if in return you made permanent changes so that you made no more blunders in ways of the flesh."

Leewan sighs.

"Of course you could simply murder him."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-09-24, 12:10

"Bradford deserves a fate far worse than death. No, I will collect his gold, but he's not going to get a single dragon of it. Just as I have a 'weakness of the flesh,' as you put it, Brandford has a weakness for coin. When the time comes, I think we will find him not so hard to manipulate."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-09-24, 14:04

"Whores?! Murdering innocent men?! By Themis, brothers, you speak dark words. Gwain, you must learn to curb your sins of the flesh. You may think they cause you trouble now, but you cannot fathom the danger you cause to your immortal soul. Please, I beg you both, will you not join me in prayer? We still must triumph at the tournament, and without Themis' blessing on our family, victory is not assured."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-09-24, 16:51

"Immortal soul, shmimmortal moul. I've never one mistreated any of my partners and I don't see why I Themis should punish me for having a good time. Besides, you didn't seem to have any trouble murdering those barbarians a few months ago."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-09-24, 16:56

Robillard is spluttering.

"But brother, as it says in the Holy Writ, 'Thou shalt not suffer the heretic to live.' They had turned from Themis' holy light and we needed to show them the error of their ways. If my time in the Crusade taught me anything, it's that you cannot be too light in punishing the heretic. Even," and here Robillard stares into the fire and his voice quiets. "Even when it is hard, you must pray to Themis and silence their screams as quickly as possible."

Robillard continues staring into the fire and drinks deeply from his mug.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-09-24, 17:08

"Well... while you do that, Leewan, can we have Stewart look into the laws of this town and see how much weight Bradford has behind his contract? In the mean time I will confer with my men and we will devise a plan. We defeated Bradford once, we can do it again."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-09-26, 09:22

Silence engulfs the room, broken up only by the crackling fire and Robillard's mutterings.

"They had to die," he whispers to himself. "Their blood was unclean. 'Suffer not the heretic to live,' She says. The children are worse than the rest, for they have corrupted their natural innocence."

He finishes off his mug and refills it with the strongest liquor available.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-09-26, 11:20

"Welp, that's as good a sign as any that it's time to catch some shut-eye. Good night brothers. We have much ahead of us in the coming days."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-09-27, 17:26

Suddenly Robillard shakes his spinning head. He rises from his reverie and looks at Gwain.

"Wait, you're looking for Bradford?! I know jush where he is. Right where. Serioushly, I'll take you there. Or, wait, Eifenfald knows. I mean Eichenvald. Eifenshtal? He knows."

Robillard stands up and moves over to Gwain, grabbing him in an almost crippling let strong bear hug. His breath reeks of liquor, and he has to walk carefully to keep from falling.

"I won't let that Bradford hurt you! You're mine. You're my brother. I'll keep you safe. Nothing will happen to you. We'll get him."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-09-27, 17:33

Staggering under his brother's crushing embrace, Gwain just manages to reach a hand around and pat Robillard reassuringly on the back. "There, there buddy, we'll get the bad guy soon. You can tell me all about this Eifenfellow in the morning."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-09-27, 17:33

Robillard has already fallen asleep, standing up.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-09-27, 17:36

"Okay, okay, easy does it." Gwain carefully shifts the lumbering mass in his arms towards the ground. [lifting bodies, what am I, a nursing assistant?]
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-09-28, 01:01

Leewan responds to Gwain's query for the Stewart.

"Should I send words to our Stewart his reply will not return in time for you to solve your own predicament here."

Leewan waves for one of his guardsmen.

"Gwain bother yourself not with this mass of a kinsman we call brother. The guard will see him to resting quarters. Now further detail your plot for counter attack against Bradford. Vengeance is as deserving of coin as any charity."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-09-30, 00:30

"I'm glad you think so brother. My first order of business is to find out as much as I can about what Bradford has been doing since his ousting. He apparently has regained quite a few resources, and I can't imagine it was all done under the grace of the law. My first lead is an Adoyrsian merchant by the name of Corrina. A fletcher in town said he had heard her mention Bradford."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-09-30, 01:42

"Then we will be expedient. I will send a man to search for a secluded chamber from which screams cannot be heard."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-01, 01:31

"Wow, wow, wow, I don't think there's any need for torturing yet. I'm sure that Corrina has left town by now, but it would be good to ask around while we wait for the shipbuilder to construct his model."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-10-01, 20:34

Leewan lifts up his drink to his mouth but doesn't upend the mug. Instead he turns the mug sideways and slowly pours out the contents across the table. As the drink spills Leewan speaks:

"This 'problem' you have is very much like this spilling drink. The longer this drinks pours forth the more of a mess it creates for you. Worse yet if the problem goes on for too long ..." Leewan eyes the spreading mess. "others become involved as well."

Leewan rests the mug on the table.

"We solve problems before they spread. If breaking this Corrina into fragments of hound feed would solve the matter today be very certain I would break her and two more to be certain we reach a solution."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-02, 18:35

"And I have no doubt your hounds would be quite pleased. But first we have to find her. Unless you or Robillard have any ideas, I don't think that's something we'll be able to do tonight." Gwain eyes the spilled drink. "However, you can be sure I want this matter silenced quickly, so Corrina will be my first priority tomorrow. Good night brother."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-10-02, 20:38

[Progress the day]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-02, 22:12

And so the brothers retire from their discussion (and Robillards drinking) and get a full nights rest after what has been a fairly eventful day. When dawn comes roosters outside in the streets can be heard sounding out the sun's arrival and you each stumble/drowsily make your way down to the taverns diner. Robillards hangover makes him struggle to remember what was discussed the previous night and he finds his older and younger brother sitting down to a mornings biscuits and gravy. The guards that you had stayed in the tavern with you all are at a separate table eating their breakfast as well but trying to keep quite so any conversation between you three isn't interrupted (they probably learned better than to get on Leewans bad side int the morning).

Gwains Guard is still outside the city though Gwain had the idea of sending a runner to summon them and they should be arriving within the hour to the tavern. Once Robillard sits down a waitress comes to him and says "Good morning my Lord. What would you like on this day to placate your hunger?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-03, 06:21

Robillard grunts at the sudden voice. "A dozen eggs. A dozen sausages. A dozen rashers of bacon."

He slumps down in the chair, his hands rubbing his temples. "And bring me some nice dark beer to wash it down. Do it quietly, woman."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-03, 08:29

She nods, leaves, and brings you your food shortly after
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-03, 09:33

Gwain exits his tent fully armed and armored and sits directly across from Robillard. "Today I'm getting to the bottom of this Bradford business."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next