Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

4 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 9 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-22, 21:55

"Then put two guards, or three, or four. Besides, the cardinal suggested that the 'fox' in the prophecy referred to our house's past ancestors, rather than a physical transformation. I will not have my honor shamed by living in the filth and squalor of a common cell."

He turns to Gwain. "What about you, Gwain? Are you willing to let your brother be thrown in prison?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 9 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-23, 11:44

Gwain seems a little perplexed at why Robillard might be so resistant to the dungeon. After all, Gwain has been on the wrong side of a dungeon cell, what was it, three, four times so far? It's difficult to remember. And anyways, wasn't Robillard on the front lines of a war for 8 years? He has to have seen worse. Even still, Gwain sees that his brother is distressed.

"How about a third option. Let us go on a quest brothers. A pilgrimage to the holy city of Sora. If there is not an answer for your curse there, then you are surely doomed. As for saftey, Gwain's Guard will accompany us and be more than capable of dealing with anything the curse can muster. Traveling the country side, we will be outside of the public eye and this curse will have no risk of bringing shame to house Griswald."

"And let me tell you, a trip across this land does wonder's for a man's psyche. I should know, that is how I earned the title Arrow Splitter after all."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-23, 15:24

Leewan stares blankly at both brothers for a minute. Finally he musters a response.

"We will undertake this quest you speak of. Matters within the church require my scrutiny and passing judgment with my own eyes will serve the house well. If the goddess favors Robillard there will be salvation there among all other places. Still, I cannot yet leave. I must pass judgment on those accused of crime in our absence and fulfill my role as ordained ruler of this land. Travel ahead of me, and I may meet with your party at Sora in several weeks time."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-23, 17:03

Glad not to be imprisoned, and glad to go to the Holy City of Sora, Robillard agrees.

"A good compromise, brother. May I have your permission to return to Cardinal Schiller and inform him of my departure."

Robillard's voice is still bitter, but significantly calmer.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-23, 23:08

"Make no mistake, until your departure you will spend your nights in the dungeon."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-23, 23:13

Furious at his brother, but unable to ignore a direct order from his lord, Robillard acquiesces. While in his cell he prays for the strength and patience necessary to forgive Leewan for putting such shame upon him.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-23, 23:25

"I'll send word for the prisoners to be dealt with and cleared out. A bed will be put together for you in a cleared out room. Be well."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-23, 23:39

And so Robillard is sent to jail in suspect of whatever is afflicting him. The prisoners who are in for things like petty thievery and such (murderers and other severe crimes are just executed) are all let out with a quick chopping off a finger or hand depending on the severity of the crime. Only the most trusted servants are allowed to take him proper bedding and a great deal of hush hush is given on what is occurring this night.

Soon enough the next morning arrives and Robillard is let out of his cell. Everyone is free to do what they wish, talk to whomever they wish. and plot as they wish (also figure out that house fortune). If the brothers wish to speak to one another more there is a breakfast that everyone typically gathers for in the great hall every morning (at least those who haven't anything else to do during that time).
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-23, 23:44

Robillard will go to breakfast so the brothers can discuss their upcoming pilgrimage.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-24, 03:59

At first sight of Robillard in the morning Leewan calls out:

"I've thought on the journey and come to a conclusion that I cannot join you. I am hesitant to permit Gwain such an absence but I understand your need for company and safety on such an arduous trek. We will have the cardinal pray for your success."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-24, 09:49

Gwain looks positively elated. "You hear that brother, we get to go on a quest together! This will be so much fun. I'll show you all my favorite ambush spots, where all the best brothels are, and you can even get a nickname to fit in with Gwain's Guard!"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-24, 09:53

"And I shall return the favor by showing you my favorite passages of scripture, the best prayers. Why, I could even re-baptize you, to wash away your sins."

He turns to Leewan. "When do we leave?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-24, 19:56

"Arrangements will be made for your financial allowance. Organize your men and a caravan and set off at your leisure."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-24, 22:30

As the brothers eat breakfast together, Gwain cautiously addresses Leewan. "So when I was on that scouting mission in the Czar's lands last month, I noticed Gwain's Guard was a little lacking in melee power. They're all skilled fighters, but there's only so much you can do with a short sword. I myself use a fencing blade and dagger in close quarters. I wouldn't mention it, but when we ambushed that scouting party, Wrath and Sloth nearly died because they couldn't make quick enough work of their foes once one of the barbarians charged us. I think I performed well as a servant of House Griswald. If there's any spare silver in the Griswald coffers, me and my men would be very appreciative of some new equipment. Of course I wouldn't want to burden our house, brother..." as Gwain finishes his shy plea, his voice trails off and he begins to fiddle with his thumbs.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-24, 22:47

"Do not make slights at our house' wealth. You proved yourself well and deserved all the shared glory granted by our victory over the Czar. Your men have yet to demonstrate their mettle. I counter your plea with a challenge. Each of your men shall spar with Captain Ritter or our dear brother Robillard. For each one that satisfies the martial experts of our house we will grant a stipend of 160 silver pieces."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-24, 23:10

Ritter finishes gulping down a morning stew before he chimes in. Some bits of soup can be seen still clinging to the lower tips of his moustache and he speaks as he wiped them off "You should have your boy take a crack at some of them. He's done fairly well in training recently. If you want someone to trounce them up and down the castle gardens I'll be happy to. Can't be sure about Robillard though." The last sentence is said with a smirk in Robillards direction

Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-24, 23:17

"Thank you Lord Griswald. Your generosity is a blessing for our people. No offense to your training Captain Ritter, but you will find my merry men more than capable of handling a child. If you think it might help with the boy's education, I would be happy to offer my men."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-24, 23:53

"You'd be surprised how good the boy has gotten. He's shaping up to be better than his father was by the time he's an adult. Hell, he may even be giving Robillard a run for the right to wield that sword of his in a number of years." Ritter says and then takes a much slower approach to eating a second bowl of stew.

Before Gwain can respond, however, the Steward speaks up "What is it you plan to do with the financial gains of recent my Lord? Surely it could be put to great use garnering influence with the other houses."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-24, 23:55

"I can certainly put your men through their paces, Gwain, or your son for that matter, Leewan. It would be good for him to spend some time for his uncle."

Robillard then clears his throat in preparation for his next request.

"I wish to apologize about my earlier behavior, my lord. I reacted out of anger and pride. I can see that you are simply trying to keep our family safe. Now, I also have a request of you and our coffers. My recent battle against the barbarian heir left me realizing I may need additional protection in battle, particularly if we continue to fight such brutal opponents."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-25, 00:04

"If you personally best 2 of Gwain's men at once we can further spend the coffers on a majestic suit of armor."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-25, 00:09

"An excellent wager! What do you say, Gwain? Do you think your men can handle The Rising Dawn?"

He also turns to Ritter and says, "after I deal with the Merry Men, I would be glad to challenge Edlass to a bout or two."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-25, 00:20

"Ooo, I like the sound of that!" Gwain says with a smile. "It will be like a House Griswald tournament! Well I think it only fair that Captain Ritter decide the rules for these competitions, as he will be the least biased and Leewan has more important matters to attend to. "
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-25, 00:22

Leewan nods "Then it is settled. And Robillard, take care not to addle my child's mind with a training incident."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-25, 00:24

Robillard bows his head gravely, "I shall damage nothing but his ego. House Griswald must have a healthy heir."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-25, 10:42

[Will any other matters of state be discussed by the brothers at breakfast or shall we proceed to the "duel" over whether Robillard can get new armor or not?]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-25, 19:54

[its time to d-d-d-d-duel]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-25, 19:55

[Which of Gwains poor men will have the "privilege of fighting Robillard with wooden swords probably?]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-25, 22:07

[Treachery and Wrath]
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-26, 00:39

With the matter decided those interested in watching the fiasco convene in the castle garden to spectate. Ritter and Ohly happily come along and can be heard taking bets on who will win in the two on one fight. The castle gardens aren't a whole lot to admire since the colder climate of the mountains makes it difficult to grow lasting flowers and plants of any real beauty. It mostly consists of the well-placed ferns and pine trees with groomed hedges to act as the main decorations. At the center of the garden is probably the only item of true beauty: an ornately designed fountain depicting warriors battling bellow the gaze of naked women in lounging positions who themselves are beneath a fox sitting proudly at the top.

With everyone gathered a suitable location is picked out and as the cool fall temperatures of the mountain make the air from your breaths visible Ritter brings out three longwords from the armory and hands them to each of the combatants. Treachary and Wrath look at each other, to Robillard, to Gwain, to Robillard, and finally back to Gwain with an expression of "do we have to?". With all the combatants having received their weapons Ritter paces back to the onlookers and says to Leewan

"The conditions of the fight are up to you my Lord. What would you have the contest be until for such a wealthy prize?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-26, 11:50

"Till blood sates our soil's thirst. Let blood be drawn."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-26, 11:53

[You two can start fighting whenever]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-26, 11:57

[Initiative 14 for Wrath, 8 for Treachery. Does Rob have armor on? How far away did we start?]
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-26, 12:21

[nobody has armor. you start five yards from each other]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-26, 14:21

[NO ARMOR?!?!?! This may be over really fast for me then. I rolled a 4 for initiative.]
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-26, 15:38

Gwain grins mischievously. "Show 'em how we fight boys!"

Treachery and Wrath look at Gwain briefly, then each draw a concealed knife [If necessary Gwain will spend a destiny point to have nabbed some cutlery and given it to the men, but this style of fighting is pretty common for Gwain's Guard]. In unison, they throw the blades towards their massive opponent.

[18 on Marksmanship for Wrath and 16 for Treachery. 2 damage per degree of success]

Gwian's fighters then bound as fast as their legs will carry them away from Robillard [4 yards, putting them both 9 yards away in total].

"You didn't think Gwain's Guard played fair did you brother?" Gwain chuckles.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-26, 15:45

[8 damage on Robillard, putting him down to 7. I'm going to charge Treachery, assuming he's the one who came up with this betrayal.]

Robillard twists and turns, ducking one knife and batting the other out of the way with his sword. He then lurches into motion, a mountain of flesh barreling down on Treachery. He swings his sword in a furious flat arc, sure that Gwain's man won't be able to block his blow.

[Rolling only 7k4 on this attack because of the charge =19, 6 damage per degree of success.]
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-26, 16:22

Robillard thunders forward, and though the Treachery is fast, Robillard just manages to catch him with the tip of his blade. All Treachery can manage is to offer the flat of his blade in a vane parry, but the sheer force of Robillard's blow is enough send Treachery crashing to the ground with a nasty cut oozing fresh blood under his cheekbone. The man has been knocked out cold and probably needs immediate medical attention, though there doesn't appear any irreparable damage.

Wrath surges forward in retaliation with a Reckless Attack to avenge his fallen brother. [14 with 4 damage per degree of success.]
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-26, 16:25

[I will attempt to spend a destiny point to give -1D on this roll. I rolled a 2 for my curse so it's ok.]

[Reducing it by 2 gives 12, which is still 2 degrees of success on my defense of 7, for 8 damage. I am forced to take an injury. Sad ]

Robillard tries to pull back in time, but is unable to avoid Wrath's reckless swing. The wooden blade crashes against the bridge of his nose, and there is an audible crack as blood begins to pour out. The duel is over; Robillard has been vanquished.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-26, 17:01

Gwain rushes over to Wrath and claps him on the back. "Well played Wrath! I owe you and Treachery one. Name a reward and I'll see what I can do." Gwain beckons for a healer to see to Treachery.

"You did well brother," he consolidates Robillard. "If we played fair like you and your knight friends, you definitely would have won. You did a number on Treachery, I'm sure he'll have some words for me when he wakes up."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-26, 17:04

"I should have known better, I'm sure," Robillard says while holding his nose. He avoids shaking hands with Wrath, as his hands are quite bloody.

Turning to Leewan, he asks, "was that amusing enough for you, brother?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-26, 18:27

With the match having ended many of those attending clap politely for those involved. Ritter can be seen scowling in the direction of Gwain and his men and Ohly has an enourmous grin on his face. A doctor comes as quickly as possible and tells everyone Treachery will be fine but he'll need some rest to recover.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-27, 01:47

Gwain spots Ohly's smile and reacts with a grin of his own. "You see Ohly, no matter how good you are with a blade, there's nothing a little fighting dirty can't fix. Now, how many of my men do you think you can face?"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-27, 09:46

Leewan looks disgruntled. He speaks quietly to not further embarrass his brother.

"I thought you would claim victory Robillard. And in your victory gain the respect and awe befitting a sub commander of the battlefield."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-27, 09:48

"I was not aware that I was acting as your sub commander. Similarly, I was not aware that my opponents would choose to hurl sharpened knives at me, during our friendly duel. I fought them with honor, and I am proud of how I managed to acquit myself."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-27, 10:23

Ritter speaks up "They did fought without honor my lord. Such disgraceful acts wouldn't be tolerated in a tourney. Robillard would have still been pronounced victor for the way he fought."

Ohly chimes in "Don't let that fool you now my friend. Gwains men still won which means you'll be paying for drinks tonight!"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-27, 15:20

Returning to his conversation with Leewan, Robillard has a small request. "If you still desire I should test my nephew, I will do so without complaint. However, I beseech your mercy and ask that we duel tomorrow, if only to allow me a moment to recover from my minor wounds."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-28, 09:21

Leewan speaks loudly to announce his verdict:

"Gwain, your men did claim a 'victory' over Robillard in the most hollow of ways. Already outnumbering him they chose to discard their weapons in a reckless attempt to seize victory instantly. I commend pragmatism but not self destructive tactics. Because this was a mere friendly battle among fellow soldiers I will simply void the results. Tomorrow your men and Robillard will show their strengths again."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-28, 09:27

Ohly can be heard muttering something to himself about lost drinks while Ritter has a relieved expression after hearing Leewan.

[Will the rules of the next fight change or be the same?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-28, 10:14

Gwain rolls his eyes. He summons Gia and Greed and whispers something in their ears. All three laugh among themselves briefly. "Welp, were ready when you are" says Gwain.

Last edited by Tristan Sky on 2016-07-28, 17:30; edited 1 time in total
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-28, 17:27

Leewan stands up from his seat and begins heading towards the castle. "Ritter, make quick work of two or three in single combat. Anyone who demonstrates disregard for their weapons will grace the battlefield unarmed when next we do battle. Robillard, have words with me in the warchamber after Edlass is given a lesson."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next