Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

4 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 16 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-14, 12:53

Robillard sumbles behind Gwain on the way back, holding his head. He hasn't had anything to drink in hours, and the shouts of the crowds of the city are getting to him. As they take a shortcut through the main bazaar, he hears a bird of prey. Its shriek tears through the air and Robillard practically feels the fog of alcohol lift. He whirls around, suddenly spotting the most beautiful creature he has ever seen.

"That sound, I haven't heard it since the Crusade!" He slowly walks closer, his eyes brimming with tears. "The call of the demigryph always brought hope to our strained ranks, promising to purge the heretics and drive them fleeing before their talons. Those knights were swift as avenging angels, a manifestation of Themis herself!"

A tear rolls down his cheek as he reaches the magnificent beast. "Gideon always loved the most," he continues softly. "He would somehow manage to hear them before us all, even in the heat of battle. He would fight with twice his usual vigor once they arrived."

Overcome by his memories (and still rather drunk) Robillard buries his face in the demigryph's glossy black feathers, mourning his friend and squire. He looks up after a moment, and with reddened eyes demands, "How much!"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 16 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-14, 12:59

The merchants and shoppers around you all stare at you with bewildered looks. You hear the noises of other creatures around you but all you can focus on is the shopkeeper standing next to the demigryph and the clocks the creature makes with its black as a large wet tongue tastes your hair. The shopkeeper stumbles for words briefly before saying,

"F-Fifty gold is the price for this one. Only a year old and her mother was of the Kings old guard. A real bargain for this one."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-14, 13:02

"Fifty! A small price to pay for Gideon's happiness. But alas, he is slain, and I fear I cannot afford such a peerless mount. But she is truly a marvelous specimen. It is so rare to find a creature so caring, so beautiful, and still large enough to carry my bulk. Please, sir, I beg of you, have some mercy in your heart for a true servant of Themis."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-14, 13:05

The merchant scratches his head for a moment and says "This is a war beast and isn't something be kept as a pet. What do you plan for her?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-14, 13:12

Robillard is caught off guard. He isn't used to people assuming that he isn't capable of handling a war breast. He straightens up to his full height, makes sure that the hilt of his nearly 6-foot greatsword is visible, and adjusts his brigantine armor.

"Sir, I am recently returned from the cursed sands of the Lich Kings, where I fought to prove Themis' name and purge the nonbelievers. I have walked through towns like this and set them aflame. I have ridden with the Templars and I am proud to call myself one of them. Trust me when I say that I understand the purpose of creatures such as her. I am not blind. I can see her talons and her razor sharp beak. I am sure she holds a pure, but fierce heart, and I will guide her to strike against our enemies without mercy or fear. Together, we shall be an avenging comet of Themis, striking down the heretic! None shall stand before us!"

Although Robillard is getting a bit carried away, he is also making sure to enunciate clearly.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-14, 13:18

The shopkeeper stairs at you as you give your speech and when you finish he says "Ummmm I could sell her to you for 40 gold. Is that a suitable cost for the best?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-14, 13:23

"Look at my clothes, my good man!" At this, Robillard begins removing the main chest piece of his brigandine plate.

"Underneath this shining exterior there is nothing but poverty and piety. I am a simple man. I like my simple pleasures. You know these, I'm sure. Resting in front of a fire, reading The Holy Writ, riding a demigryph into battle, feeling the hot slick of a heretic's blood spray into your face. Nothing more than any other man. I wear nothing extravagant, just these woven cotton rags!" [Robillard is being hyperbolic. His clothes are simple cotton, but they definitely aren't rags.]

"I had hoped you would be more helpful to a holy man in need. Why do you struggle so much with simple charity? When was the last time you heard Themis' holy words?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-14, 13:34

Gwain is low key laughing his ass off in the background
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-14, 13:54

As you speak you feel the righteousness of your words and think there is no way you'll have to pay so much money for such a beautiful creature. Suddenly you realise that Gwain is laughing at something and everyone around you looks exacerbated at you. Only Gwain, between the two of you, understands what has occurred and it appears you are not nearly as sober as you'd like to believe as nearly every other word that you speak is incomprehensible. The shopkeeper simply looks around him and finally back to you before saying "I'm sorry sir, but 40 gold is all I can do. If it's too much I'm afraid that she'll likely be bought by someone else later today."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-14, 14:09

Robillard turns to Gwain. "Please, brother. Help me. I can't leave here without Guinevere. She's perfect. But Leewan will skin me. I don't know what to do."

He collapses sobbing into Gwain's arms.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-14, 14:15

This time Gwain is capable of understanding most of Robillards words. Gwain can see several wealthy individuals starting eyeball the demigryph now that Robillard has started making a scene
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-14, 15:35

Gwain pushes his lumbering mass of a brother out of his arms and sighs. His expression instantly changes and a mischievous twinkle sparks to life in his eyes. "I'll make it worth your while if you reconsider that price good sir." [25 on seduce]
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-14, 15:39

While not interested in your masculinity, the shopkeeper seems interested in what you may offer nonetheless, "And how might you make it worth me losing out on a profit?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-14, 15:48

"It may not look it now, but my brother here is quite the warrior. We are both on our way to see the new king and participate in his tournament. Drop the price, and I will personally ensure that your business becomes the only thing worth talking about amongst the participants and patrons of the tournament."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-14, 15:49

Rubbing his chin, the shopkeeper nods in agreement and says "Very well, I can drop the price to thirty-five gold. Is that suitable enough?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-14, 15:50

Gwain glances towards his brother, looking for an indication of whether to keep going or not.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-14, 19:06

Robillard's expression of joy should be all the answer Gwain needs. He glides forward, eyes unblinking as he stares at his new mount.

"Guinevere," he whispers. "Guinevere. Now you are mine."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-15, 00:42

With the last bits of bartering complete Gwain and Robillard hand over the thirty-five gold for the demigryph. As Robillard takes the rope with which to guide the beast the creature makes a series of clicking noises with its beak before taking a series of quick (and what would potentially be seriously harmful) bites to Robillards armored hands but the armor prevents any injury. After this occurs the shopkeeper looks over and says "She'll be rowdy for a while as she still thinks herself better than you. If you want to ride it then you'll need to break the creature so that it will listen to you. If not, you're liable to have your stomach ripped."

Despite the beasts protests it nonetheless follows you, Gwain, and his men through the streets with every citizen you pass keeping their distance from you and such a dangerous animal. Soon enough, you have led the demigryph to the stables and pay a relatively small amount of silver to have it stabled there. You all find Leewan still "relaxing" (if Leewan is even capable of such a thing) still at the inn and have the chance to tell him about what you've found, learned, and bought while gone. All that remains after the (SHORT) conversation is to collect Eichenwald and the model (and pay him the small amount) and head for the capital.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-15, 09:43

Robillard is exhausted after his long day. He walks through the common room, up the stairs to his room, and falls deep into a drunken slumber. One has to wonder if he will even remember this day.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-15, 14:45

Gwain sleeps as well. He dreams of getting a bulls-eye at the tournament, then splitting that arrow with another bulls-eye. At the end of the dream, he splits both arrows again with a third arrow, only to realize that the target was Bradford all along.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-15, 19:48

With all necessities taken care of (or the amount of stuff that can be done completed that is) Robillard, Leewan, and Gwain gather to make for the capital. Robillard, despite his extreme hangover, is perplexed why his younger brother is so excited to show him to the stables today. Since Robillard cannot remember anything from the previous day (including what the shopkeeper told him about the beast) he is extremely surprised and overjoyed when he finds out he purchased a demigryph yesterday in his drunken state. Leewan gives Robillard and Gwain the same cold look he always does and the two younger brothers are simply happy he doesn't gut them for continuing to be such spendthrifts. With now two mounts in tow, Robillard has one of the guards take hold of his courser while he himself guides his new possession with extreme glee. As he does so, the demigryph bites at Robillards hand once again except this time causing some of the leather to be frayed and damaging the armor. Robillard does his best to console the beast and after a fair bit more fuss and a number of scratches (some of which were dangerously close to being serious) the demigryph cooperates after some food is given to it.

Once outside the city, everyone who you all had brought with you is counted up and not long after everyone is accounted for Eichenwald (who Leewan has never met) can be seen walking towards the group with a sizable box in his hands. No longer wearing the simple robes that Gwain and Robillard saw him in before, Eichenwald now wears fanciful travel wear in a couple shades of blue (but most predominately navy blue). The buttons glisten in the morning sun indicating their worth as precious metals and an ornate burgundy scarf is wrapped around his neck. he doesn't say anything until he reaches you and speaks as he puts the box down at your feet with a grunt

"Here is the model ya asked for. I've packed it with straws to keep it from getting damaged by the roads." Looking over to Leewan Eichenwald extends his hand to shake and says "Lord Griswald, the pleasure is all mine to make your acquaintance. I'm Sir Frederick Eichenwald and I'm sure you're as excited as I am to meet the new king."

Leewan returns Eichenwalds gesture with nothing more than a cold stare and the request to see the model. Eichenwald does as Leewan asks and lifts open the boxes lid and fishes around to grasp at what must be inside. The model Eichenwald pulls out is about the size one would expect, but the details of what are on it are what truly make it stand out. The model is designed as a simple double decker boat with what you would presume to be room for storage, quarters, and (as you'd expect for the king) a master bedroom. The hull of the model is extremely sleek in design with the shape having a slight curvature to it and the healmsmans wheel being located on third raised deck toward the rear. Across the deck three access holes to the lower areas can be seen in addition to plenty of room for kingly affairs on the widened midsection. At the prow is carved two horses whose length runs along the front portion of the hulls side and at the very front a long piece of wood underneath of which is a carved mermaid. The ropes and sails each have been modeled exquisitely and the depiction of an eagle (the kings house crest) is across the main sail. Satisfied that such a vessel is worthy of a king, Leewan orders the box and model be stored on the carriage and everyone get under way.

With everything packed and the men ready to move the mismatched group of travelers continue the journey to the capital. The remaining week of the journey goes rather uneventfully though Eichenwald does insecently ask questions about the brothers home and the nature of their navy. The lands you pass through on the rest of the way are divided amongst several lesser houses with the physical barrier denoting each houses domain being a number of small rivers that feed into one large river known as the Krept River which itself feeds into the northern ocean. Soon enough, you all find yourselves passing into the kings lands and after another day and a halfs travel the grand capital of Acren can be seen looming in the distance. The city itself is only a normal sized city, its population not hoping to compete with the large cities of Adroysia. What it lacks in size, however, the city more than makes up for in defenses. Surrounding the entirety of the city (except for the portions on the water obviously) a fifteen foot tall stone wall is setup with defensive towers built every hundred feet. Atop the walls a guard stands every five feet with polished armor glistening in the sun and the tips of their spears visible from a distance. At the very center of the city stands a castle as large as Heretics End and the structure rises up taller than any building within the city, Parndour Strongehold. Cresting over one of the hills outside the city allows you all to look down into the walls contents and within the cramped streets (not as cramped at the last city due to wider streets in general) dozens of banners of various houses can be seen waving in the air. In the great shadow of the castle itself lies the dedicated area used for tournaments, public events and celibrations which on this day is covered in colorful tents, billowing smoke from blacksmith forges and a grand arena set aside for jousting.

Eager to arrive, the group pushes forwards to the city gates with Robillards demigryph make noisy squaks of irritation at the increased pace. Outside each of the three gates into the city dozens of individuals crows about and numerous guards with crimson red coats survey each individual that goes through into the city. As you apprach, one of the guards recognizes Leewan and walks up to the carriage giving you a nice smile in greeting before he says

"Greetings Lord Griswald. I trust you are here for the tournament?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-10-15, 21:24

"My family has traveled from Heretic's end for the new king's coronation. My younger kin have ambitions to participate in the tournament games."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-15, 21:26

Robillard puffs out his chest and pats Guinevere's neck.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-15, 22:48

Guinivere bits at Robillards hand that is petting her and squawks loudly again. All the people around you at the gate are looking uneasily at Robillard and the beast he intends to bring into a densely populated area. The guard ignores the commotion from Robillard and continues speaking to Leewan

"If they wish to participate in the games they'll want to head for the jousting grounds. Seneschal Herzberg is organizing the events and will be taking the payments for sign ups. I won't hold you any longer, sir; and welcome to the capital."

With that, the brothers and their men are ushered through the gates by the guards into one of the four main streets in the city. Two of the other main streets also span from the gates into the city and lead straight towards the castle itself while the fourth leads from the docks at the port and also leads straight to the castle. The main streets themselves are wide enough that three carts could travel side by side though usually only two "lanes" are used for traffic and the third is used for the crowds of people. Leewan thinks it wise to have one of the body guards hold up the house banner so that all the peasants may know to move out of your way and thus the colors of Griswald went up into the air above the crowded streets alongside numerous others in view.

As you all drive by numerous ladies in waiting wave hello to you all and giggle to each other at comments you cannot hear meanwhile some of the other heads of house present shout their greetings from across the street while others stop for longer conversations. Notably, nobody you stop to talk to (though these conversations are very brief) discusses anything about the coming war or the new king and instead simply ask how the lands have been and how the young child is coming along. Eventually, you all stop at one of the numerous stalls where you leave the carriage for a rather insignificant amount of silver (compared to how fast you're going through gold) and subsequently find a place to leave the horses and demigryph (the demigryph costs extra for obvious reasons). Now on your feet, you all look up at the sun and decide that it must be early afternoon still in time leaving Robillard and Gwain time to get to the Seneschal and take care of other things.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-10-15, 23:24

Leewan spends a quarter hour recovering from long seated travel. He sets three guards to keep lookout over the Griswald belongings while Leewan and his remaining men head out to meet with their nobleman of closest relation in the city. Leewan expects that he can survey the situation through whoever this 'friend' is.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-15, 23:43

Leaving Robillard and Gwain to their own devices, Leewan heads off in search of an old family friend: Detlef Buchmen. Detlef is a cousin of the three brothers and, most notably, is the son of your dear old uncle. Not quite as much of a hardass as Leewan, nonetheless many a childhood days Leewan spent in the company of Detlef. The two have occasionally kept up via correspondence but matters of state have ever kept both busy and the two haven't met in person for nearly four years. Detlef himself owns an estate within the capital proper and makes has made his fortune through ownership of a mercantile fleet. While certainly not nearly as wealthy as the full Griswald household he nonetheless has developed a fair amount of respect from the other nobles in Acren.

Not entirely familiar with the layout of the city, Leewan stops to ask for the occasional direction as he heads towards the Eastern part of the city in search of the estate and after around 2 hours of searching (likely would have only taken you an hour to find it if you knew where it was) eventually Leewan and his men find the building. The estate itself probably barely fills the criteria to be called such. The main houselhold itself stands approximately three floors in a standard rectangular with glass windows (fancy I know) covered by purple curtains visible on every floor. The entirety of the estate is surrounded by a fairly short metal fence (could rather easily be climbed over) and the front door is tall enough that Leewan imagines Robillard could pass through it without having to duck his head. to the right of the main structure, but still within the fence, is a small servants quarters and Leewan can see signs of a well tended to garden in the back though what is in the back cannot be seen from Leewans position.

Approaching the door Leewan knocks using one of two heavy wooden knockers and after a couple moments the door is answered by a women wearing a basic servants outfit with not an insignificant amount of dust on the front. The women smiles and says

"Afternoon sir, welcome to the Buchmen estate. Might I ask you your name and your purpose here today?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-10-16, 03:59

"I come to see my cousin. This request for audience comes without the proper courtesy of forewarning but I am certain he will not turn away kin. Tell your master that Leewan von Griswald has come."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-16, 08:34

During all the time leading up to the tournament, Robillard will be training with Guinevere.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-10-16, 14:25

Gwain will spend his down time finding out what he can about Lord Eckhart Holzer and advertising for the demigryph when the opportunity arrises.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-16, 15:04

The maid nods in affirmation and says "Right this way sir. The master is upstairs and I'm sure would be happy to speak with you."

Walking in through the door Leewan sees the main foyer of the house is well adorned with numerous swords, axes, and other weaponry along the wall. You step onto the pelt of a great bear such that you may wipe your feet and you notice a number of vases and pots in the corners of the room filled with flowers and other plants which help give the interior of the house a fresh fragrance as opposed to the stale air that you're accustomed to within Heretics End. The maid guides you up a set of stairs and down a short corridor before coming to a single door and knocking. A familiar voice is heard from the other side saying come in and the maid opens the way for you and says

"Sir, Leewan Von Griswald has come to see you. Is now a good time?"

Detlef, no longer the young man Leewan remembers sits behind a wooden desk that has numerous stacks of parchment and several books sitting upon it next to an array of quill pens. Wearing a rather simple outfit but a notable silver pendant around his neck that ends in a circle with a fox in its center Detlef puts a quill he was writing with into its holder and looks at Leewan with a smile before saying

"My dear cousin has come to pay me a visit, has he? How like you to not write me to let me know you're coming and give me time to get things arranged properly."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robillard, not wishing to create a scene in the city, takes the demigryph from the stables to the outside the walls. As he looks around the surrounding area for a suitable place to work with the beast he spots a group of fifteen men and five women out in a fairly flat field. He spots along with the group three demigryphs, two saurens (basically wingless dragons though without the fire-breathing), and ten horses with some of their respective masters riding them to the entertainment of the women. A couple of those riding have practice jousting lances in their hands while others appear to be sparring with weapons on foot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deciding now a good time to go and see about finding information of Lord Holzer Gain heads off through the city in search of information. He realizes that he could very well ask some of the numerous lords who are gathering in the capital for information though Gwain isn't versed in the allegiances various houses have and could inadvertently tip off Lord Holzer to his investigation. Alternatively, there are undoubtedly rumors that can be gathered on the Lord but how worthwhile the adventure is questionable, not to mention the prospect of accidentally going into a bad part of town and getting into potentially deadly trouble.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-10-16, 15:35

"Detlef, you are in good spirits I assume. I have come to ask you host me during the coronation. Compensation can be had of course."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-16, 20:58

"Hail, fellow riders! I see you are practicing for the tournament? May I join you? Guinevere and I have traveled far for this chance to prove ourselves. We have only recently met however, and I now must dedicate my time to training her."

He rides up to the other demigryph riders and asks, "do you have any advice for taming this wild beast? I don't want to quench the fire in her soul."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-17, 10:50

Detlef gestures for Leewan to take a seat and says "I would have to say I'm in good spirits these days. Trade has been good, especially since one of my ships came back recently with fresh products from Frajan. As to hosting you, I'm sure we can spare the room for you. Besides, it'd be good to have some company around the house while my wife and son are away from the city for the next month. How's the young Griswald while I'm on the topic of children?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robillard approaches the gathering of people ON FOOT (lest he loses an arm or worse at this moment) and hails a group of five watching another pair duel it out. One of them steps forward with a crest of a yellow swan on his chest as you come towards the group and says "We've all travelled far, but we certainly not far enough to not recognise a Griswald when we see one. If you're looking for advice on riding that beast then you've come to the right group of people."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-10-17, 12:57

"Naive but curious. With proper sculpting the child stands chance to be a proper heir. What has become of your own spawn?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-17, 13:18

Detlef shakes his head in disappointment and says "I'm afraid my boy is more interested in reading and wasting his youth than his father's business. My daughter is almost just as much of a headache as she refuses to listen to her mother and instead spends her time beating up on the local boys in mock sword fights."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-17, 20:35

"Indeed, as I'm sure you can guess, I have come to compete in the upcoming tournament. I do wish to ride Guinevere here. She is quite feisty, and I don't wish to completely crush her fire. However, she must be taught who is in control here. What would you suggest for breaking a demigryph?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-17, 20:47

The men laugh at you and say "Grow a pair that's what I suggest. Your will must be stronger then the beasts."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-17, 21:12

Robillard simply narrows his eyes. He will remember these arrogant men with the yellow swan. Should he see them in the melee, he will personally strike them down.

In the meantime he takes Guinevere over to a less crowded spot and does his best to impose his will on her. He also tries to watch the other demigryph riders whenever he takes a break. If any of them seem nice, he will approach them.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-10-17, 22:41

Leewan gives a nod signifying his understanding "It is better for young girls to understand their lot is not in battle. Unless they bear the physique of barbarian and the brawn of a champion they are fated to oversee matters of family."

Leewan strokes at his beard and asks: "Now Detlef, the main family of house Griswald extends gratitude for your hospitality but has not finished selfishly asking favors of you. Where could I find men knowledgeable on the affairs of the capital and nation as a whole? I come not only for the coronation but to consult on strange news that has come to Heretic's end."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-17, 23:10

Detled leans back in his chair and says "If it's knowledge of the capital you seek I may be able to answer any questions you have. I will not say I can answer all of them for certain, but I'm sure I know people who can answer your questions that I cannot. If you're worried about eavesdroppers we can head to the cellar for a quiet and confidential environment."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robillard stays within eyesight of the group secretly wishing he too could be part of the cool kids. As Robillard does his best to get Guinivere to let him ride her he sees a man riding over to his position from the group atop a horse. Robillard recognizes the man as one of the individuals who was practicing jousting down below but Robillard cannot see his face because of a helmet and the practice armor he wears has no insignia. Eventually the rider reaches Robillard and says

"Are you Robillard Von Griswald? I must apologize for the behavior of the fellows over yonder. They were simply trying to seem impressive for the girls and your size gave them the notion."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-17, 23:17

Robillard nods sagely. "Indeed, the sins of woman-flesh have laid many a man low. Fear not, for they shall receive their just rewards, in this life or the next."

He then examines the man's armor more closely. "But I do not see a house symbol on you! Tell me, what is your family?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-10-18, 12:50

Leewan responds "Then beckon your servants to bring us refreshment and relaxation. I should be here a while extracting much treasured information from you."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-18, 13:28

A couple minutes go by as Detlef call for some servants to come to the study. They ask him what it is he requires and after around fifteen minutes of casual discussion and catching up between Leewana and Detlef refreshments of water and juices are brought up alongside a small platter of ham and cheese. With refreshments in order Detlef takes some of the food and after a bite asks "So what is it that bothers a man like you Leewan? I've never known you to be concerned about something unless it was serious."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The individual before Robillard takes off his helmet to reveal a heavily scarred face that has likely ruined what was once a rather handsome individual. You realise that one of his eyes is fake but he doesn't seem bothered by your stares and says "My apologies. I had forgotten that I was wearing my practice gear. I'm Edward Holzer, second son of Lord Holzer. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-10-18, 18:14

"First, elaborate on the lich armies. Any and all news that reaches Heretic's end requires verification."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-18, 22:32

"As you have no doubt guessed, I am Robillard von Griswald, also the second son of my house. You look like you've been in the wars. I respect that; I am only recently returned from fighting the lich lords myself."

He moves a little closer, as if hoping no one will overhear his next statement. "I don't suppose you know anything about riding demigryphs?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-19, 11:14

Detlef speaks as he pours himself a glass of what you presume to be a juice of some kind (presumably spiked with alcohol) "I don't know what you've heard, especially since what I presume the King's men going around telling everyone isn't the full truth. I only know the truth because one of the few men to return alive was shouting the truth like a deranged madman when he came into the city. The fact is, the Kings battle, may Themis have mercy on his soul, was hopeless from the start. The church had ordered it's crusading forces to retreat from the Blasted Lands for reasons unknown and the Kings forces were already well ahead of the main crusading forces."

Taking a sip from the drink he pauses before continuing "Apparently the retreat of the main crusading forces caused the various Lich's to begin mobilizing in droves. In particular, five have apparently allied with each other to form a sort of cabal and the King learned that they were moving their forces towards their positions. The king ordered a retreat to one of the taken Lich forts to try and withstand the enemy forces but all knew it was a hopeless fight, and there was no hope of retreating across the Blasted Lands to escape them. It's said that the Kings corpse hangs from the walls of that very fort upon a spike still. His eyes pecked out by vultures and body desecrated by the Liches. Now, as I'm sure you know, the allied Liches march for our homes though the means by which they plan to gain entry is still unknown."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edward smiles (though on such a face it seems almost unnatural) and says "I've only returned recently from the wars myself. Unfortunately, I had to bear witness to the Kings forces falling by the dozen to the hordes of the Liches forces."

He gets down from his horse before saying anything more "All I know about riding such creatures is that they're much more strongly willed than any horse. Supposedly they'll only accept a master who is more strongly willed then even them. Whatever that means"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-19, 13:15

"Stronger will you say? Hmmm..." Robillard lapses into silence for a moment, scratching his chin. "I know! There is no better way to develop strength of will than through fasting, meditation, and prayer! Come Guinevere!"

He starts to lead Guinevere off to a more secluded part of the field, where his meditation won't be disturbed, before he realizes that he has rudely left Edward.

He turns back, "I should not have left you so abruptly. Would you care to join Guinevere and I in our purification?
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-10-19, 13:25

Edward runs his fingers through his hair in bewilderment at you and says "I'll have to pass I'm afraid. I don't have the time as my father undoubtedly will be sending a messenger for me soon and I shouldn't keep him waiting. Best of luck with the beast Robillard."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-10-19, 13:32

"Thank you, Edward. You are truly a man of honor. After I finish my training of Guinevere, I hope you would do me the honor of joining with me for a meal. I'm sure I will be in great need of it! Contact my brother, Leewan von Griswald, to find where we are staying."

With that, Robillard goes to starve himself and Guinevere into submission and penitence.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-10-19, 16:12

Leewan is careful to begin and finish drinking before Detlef finishes relaying details.

"A madman raves the end times are coming and you take his word to be truth? The imperial criers are always suspect of pushing the crown's propaganda and cannot be trusted at face value. All the while their deceits do not make other stories immediately more believable. If there is any grain of truth to these apocalyptic tidings then the imperial court must be busy organizing itself for war. Have the militant nobles and generals been summoned to meetings in the past weeks?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next