Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

4 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 8 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-18, 21:23

So begins Robillard's tale of woe and misery:

"Cardinal Schiller, I am so glad to be able to speak to you. I fear terrible things are happening, and I need your guidance. First, I must confess: I worry my devotion to Themis is not as strong as it once was. Allow me to provide some explanation.

"During the final battle of the Crusade, we were sieging a city. We had been outside the walls for weeks already, and our supplies were running low. Even after our rations were cut I maintained my trust in our Lady. I knew she would see us through without harm. The enemy would send out volleys of arrows every now and then, but it was simple harassment. There was no serious threat. Similarly, we would send parties to test their walls on occasion, but it was nothing more than to keep them on their toes.

"One night, I was sent out at the head of one of these parties. My squire came with me, a young man named Gideon. He could not have been more than 16 years of age. It should have been routine, but while we crept up under cover of night, we were suddenly struck by a volley of flaming arrows. The light from these flaming shafts allowed their archers to pick us apart, and I was barely able to make it back alive. I am ashamed to admit it, but I ran, leaving my comrades to their fate. I hoped Gideon was by my side, but when I made it out of range of the archers, I looked back, and I saw his pained eyes staring at me. He had been struck in the stomach and leg, leaving him unable to walk. I had to watch him writhe in pain, then, as the flames burned lower, to hear his screams of agony until he died.

"I could barely think. All I wanted was revenge on the heretics who had done this. I roused my men, and prepared for an assault. I was no commander, but my men trusted me, and they knew I would not lead them in vain. Our scouting mission may have ended with massive casualties, but we had found a crack left in the wall by one of our trebuchets. It was too small for a man to crawl through, but it would allow him to climb the wall easily enough.

"The archers may have been able to deal with my small party from before, but they were not prepared for our full force. My men were tired and hungry but they burned with love of Themis and a taste for revenge. I led them from the front, I was the first to mount the wall. Once we reached the top the archers fell as wheat before the scythe, their barbarian armor no match for The Rising Dawn.

"In no time at all we had claimed the walls and opened the gates for the rest of the army. The scenes of devastation that followed are too graphic for me to describe, Father. Suffice it to say that all the butchery of the war that preceded that night was as a candle is to a bonfire. I ached from the exertion of carving up every man, woman, and child whom I saw. My armor dropped from the blood. I was forced to remove my helmet after viscera clogged my visor. I had seen nothing like it before, and I hope to see nothing like it since.

"Remember, Father, I am a Themis-fearing man. I know her commandments regarding heretics, and I hope to continue to protect her faithful for the rest of my life, as I have sworn. But that night, I could not help but feel ... Empty. I wasn't purging these people because of Themis, I was using myself and my sword for selfish vengeance. And even after I had put hundreds to the sword, Gideon's body was still lying on the desert sands. I made mothers watch as I slew their sons before them, and I saw my face in their own.

"Of course, the heretic still must be purged. I just wish that, when I slept, I could avoid seeing those mothers' faces in my dreams, make myself dead to Gideon's screams. I find myself drinking more and more, dulling the pain. I know what I must do, but I do not know that I feel it the same way I once did.

"And now, we come to the darkest part of my tale. I fear that I have been cursed, whether by Themis or the barbarian mages I do not know. My weakened resolve must have allowed some spell to overpower me. When we sacked the city to the north, I found a temple, where the barbarian heretics had set up a shrine to Themis, mocking her name. Of course I proceeded inside, to purge the congregation.

"Once I stood inside the doors, imagine my surprise when I saw an Adroysian priest standing at the altar. I tried to explain myself, fearing that he had been kidnapped by the barbarians but he rejected my help. He ordered me to hand over my weapon and join him in prayer.

"I was most suspicious, as it is unlike a priest of Themis to speak of mercy to heretics. Indeed, when I challenged him to recite Our Lady's Prayer, he proved unable, and only continued his foul ritual. Immediately, I attempted to smite him down, but somehow he cast the room into darkness and snatched my blade. I found myself on my back, in the dark, and with the church going up in flames around me. As I chased him up the stairs and onto the roof, I saw only that he was wearing two gloves, one white and one black. Before I could catch him, he leaped off the roof and disappeared.

"Most concerning is the prophecy he spoke after I discovered his sin. He claimed that I was cursed, and that every six months I would continue my transformation, to become that which I hated most. Please, Father, you're my only hope."

[See why I was hoping to keep it brief?]
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 8 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-18, 22:29

Whether the Cardinal wanted to be your rock or not in this matter clearly he has had no choice. Halfway through your tale, he settles into his chair and as you continue on his expression turns more and more into a deep frown. After you finish the tale he doesn't answer you for a full minute. Whether he is contemplating what to say or still processing what you have told him you have no idea.

When the Cardinal does speak it is in a very steady tone clearly trying to mask whatever emotion he is feeling "Many people are afflicted by curses throughout the realms. The best way to stave off their advance is simple faith and the watchful eye of another. I fear that it was not this priest who cursed you though Robillard but in all likelihood the amount of blood you spilled in that battle during the crusade made you an easy targets for malicious forces. Your families blade was given a miracle as a gift long ago by the church that would stave off the effects of such evil curses while anyone wielded it. I had bade you be sent with it during the crusades so as to protect you but if what you say is true the miracle put upon it has been removed. I cannot say anything more on the person who did it to you but you will be left to your willpower and yours alone to stave off this curse."

The Cardinal stands back up from his seat before he continues speaking "Let us go see your blade. With any luck I can undo what the heretical priest has done to it and you'll be safe again"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-18, 22:34

"Thank you, Father. I can already feel a great weight lifting from my shoulders. I needed to confess my sins to one I trusted. Just this way."

With that, Robillard leads Cardinal Schiller to The Rising Dawn (which I assume is back at the castle?)
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-18, 22:50

You lead the way back to the castle. Obviously, the Cardinal knows the way but considering his position it'd be near impossible to make any headway through the crowds that form around the Cardinal without an imposing figure ahead of him. You both are quickly allowed into the castle and you lead the Cardinal to the armory where you had left your weapons and armor. The two garrison guards at the door allow you through and soon enough you are handing the Cardinal your families blade. The Cardinal pulls from inside his clothes a small piece of fabric and runs it along the blade. Again a slight humming sound echoes in your ears but this time it sounds much harsher and it stays in your ears longer this time.

The Cardinal looks to you and shakes his head side to side "I'm afraid there is nothing I can do to restore the blades miracle. The blood it has drank recently has soaked it with malice and it will never again accept a miracle of Themis."

He puts the blade back in its resting place before speaking again "What was the wording of this prophecy? Every detail is extremely important."

[make some test to recall the details of what the priest said. If you can remember it yourself without looking it up then go for it]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-18, 22:53

[I'm guessing this would be a cunning test? So it's 2k2 = 8]

Robillard repeats as much as he can remember of the prophecy. If only he had written it down!
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-18, 23:01

Unfortunately, your memory is lacking when compared to many. Indeed those with a real education would be as scholars to you. You recall what you can though but unfortunately, all you're able to tell him his that the heretic priest said you'd become more like the fox with every six months. You also recall him talking about the sun and moon and how they equated to the light and the dark.

Once you finish telling the Cardinal what you remember he says "That's all that you can remember what he said? I fear that when he says you will become more like a fox he refers to your house rather than an actual fox. This is extremely concerning considering much of your families history was lost and if this individual knows something about your family that you do not then it is likely that is what he refers to."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-18, 23:03

"Unfortunately, I left for the crusades when I was only 16. I was not raised with education of my family's history beyond what is commonly known. I was taught my letters and numbers, then given the blade. Perhaps Leewan knows more my family; he was raised to rule."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-18, 23:13

Cardinal Schillar nods to you "Yes perhaps. Find out what you can from him. I'll see if there's anything I can do but I wouldn't count on it. All you can do is resist its advance on your mind and pray that Themis provide you salvation should you prove unable. I will have to tell the other priests about your condition so they can keep an eye on you."

This last sentence he stares straight into your eyes as if to determine what corruption you may have suffered already. You meet his gaze without any trouble but you still feel as if he's staring straight into your soul.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-18, 23:18

Robillard locks eyes with Cardinal Schiller for as long as he requires, hoping that he can see how deeply Robillard hopes for redemption. Before the Cardinal leaves, and Robillard goes to see his brother in the meeting room, he has one last question.

"Cardinal, does this mean that I should refrain from using The Rising Dawn? I would not wish to cause further damage to the blade."

After getting his answer [just to help speed things along] Robillard will go join Leewan in council.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-18, 23:27

Before you leave the Cardinal ponders on your question for a moment before speaking "That is something you will have to determine for yourself. A blade doesn't care what blood it spills it only cares that it has blood and a blood-mad blade only invites darker powers. The nature of this curse was likely born of the blood you spilled through the betrayal towards your squire may have been the determining factor."

[It will be a while until you arrive at the meeting as it has been underway for some time now and there hasn't been anything new in that regard]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-19, 06:12

"What sort of trouble in the capital brings priests to our castle halls. And by whose admission have these flocks of holy men gained daily entry to our castle? My understanding is that Cardinal Schiller's abbey hosts the usual congregation of holy men."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-19, 08:42

Ohly is the one who answers your inquiry "The men dare not deny these priests access to the castle, fearing for their salvation and all. They don't see the harm that allowing the priests in could cause. If you'd want them to stop letting the priests in you'll likely have to give an explanation to the Cardinal as otherwise there could be retaliation from the villagers."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-20, 07:38

"The house of Griswald welcomes Themis, yet there is still a process to be followed. No man simply "visits" our mountainous home. Permit the priests entry on the condition they specify the reason for the journey here and from what houses they herald."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-20, 10:16

Ohly nods and says "Very well sir."

Ritter speaks up next "So how did the men I trained for you care in battle? I can't imagine those barbarians put up much of a fight."

Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-20, 18:52

"They performed their jobs Ritter. Their training conveyed the rigor and proper standards of their mentor."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-20, 19:02

Ritter gives a satisfied nod and your Steward asks "Is that all sir?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-20, 19:37

"No. What is it that transpired in the capital? What rumors fly from mouth to ear of the peasantry?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-20, 21:22

Nowitzki speaks first "From what I'm hearing they may be about to declare another crusade only this time on those pantheon fucks across the ocean. If it's true they'll not only be asking for people's second born son but their third as well!"

Gerfried shakes his head side to side as he speaks "That's the exact opposite of what rumors I've heard from the other Stewards. Supposedly the Arch-Cardinal is deathly ill and if he dies there's going to be a vicious shadow war between his potential successors. Outright war between cardinals never happens but they'll do what they can to denounce each other."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-20, 21:27

Leewan gives out a hybrid of a grunt and scoff before remarking on said rumors:

"With the last crusade ended so recently there will not be a third for at least a year. On the other hand the illness of the Arch-cardinal and our own cardinal Schiller's presence in the institution of her holy faith would give logic to this assembly of traveling holy men. Speaking of Schiller, where is that faithful brother of mine? Does the messenger need to be dragged through the streets for ineptitude?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-20, 21:31

As if on cue the messenger boy returns and says in a timid tone "Sir! Both of the Lords brothers said they will not be joining you for the meeting."

Ritter can be seen from the corner of your eye shaking his head with a smirk on his face
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-20, 23:13

"Messenger lad, send a second message to Gwain. Tell him to secure Robillard in the dungeon on a nightly basis. Until all suspicion and mystery has been removed from this religious upheaval Robillard must be kept under watch."

He nods to the messenger and dismisses his advisers. He heads for his chambers to rest for the night.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-20, 23:28

Everyone is dismissed from the meeting. Leewan heads to his room for the night where he spends time pondering over what is to come while glowering at the town. Robillard finds he missed the meeting entirely and meanwhile Gwain receives Leewans message while preoccupied with non pg13 things.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-21, 01:21

Gwain is more than a little peeved to be bothered by another one of Leewan's messengers during such a delicate activity. However, Gwain knows the consequences of disrespecting his brother too many times in a day. "Excuse me ladies, seems my less charming brother would like a word with me." With great reluctance, Gwain disentangles himself from the three women. Still hopeful he might be able to return to the fun, Gwain doesn't bother to dress and wanders over to the messenger quite naked.

"Be quick about it, I'm in the middle of something." He chuckles, "Or rather, someones." He winks back at the girls not far behind.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-21, 09:40

The messenger boy who is probably wondering what he did to deserve this replies "Lord Griswald has requested you secure your brother in the dungeon every night. Shall I take a reply back to him sir?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-21, 10:00

"Hah! Secure my brother in a dungeon? What do you think of that girls? I didn't know Lord Griswald swung that way! After all, Robillard has committed no crimes."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-21, 11:04

"Right sir, will you need anything else from me?" the messenger says.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-21, 11:38

"Mmm, not unless you need anything from me" Gwain tempts with a mischievous smile. [23 on Persuasion (Seduction)]
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-21, 11:48

Gwain seduces the young messenger and soon the orgy becomes even less pg13. It does occur to Gwain that he may have a problem but he's way too preoccupied to care right now. It isn't until very late into the night that Gwain ends his foray at the brothel and he remembers the message that that darling (and much less pure) messenger brought him about Robillard. It is up to Gwain whether he listens or not though there are taverns still open at this time of night and intoxicated dames about who won't take his brothers money.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-21, 12:03

As tempting as another round through the town is, Gwain knows that a rested man is a pleasing man, and besides, the threat of what Leewan might do to him after disobeying a direct order is enough to dissuade Gwain's thoughts away from further wanderings.

Gwain begins his search for Robillard. Before leaving the town for Heretic's End, Gwain checks Robillard's usual spots (at least they were usual spots 8 years ago), namely the church and Robillard's favorite bar.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-21, 14:48

Gwain takes his leave of the town after looking at Robillards "usual" (former usual really) spots. His search eventually leads his to Robillards room where he knocks politely first. Robillard may respond however he wishes.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-21, 18:31

Of course Robillard opens the door promptly. When he sees his brother, a smile breaks through his worried face.

"Brother, what brings you to my humble chambers? I must apologize for missing the meeting; I was detained at my talk with Cardinal Schiller. What happened in my absence?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-21, 20:27

"Hoho, it is not for your holy ears brother! Unless you meant what happened in the meeting. Of that, I haven't the faintest clue! In any case, Leewan has ordered I lock you in the dungeon every night until further notice. Come now, let's not be late!"

Last edited by Tristan Sky on 2016-07-21, 21:04; edited 1 time in total
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-21, 21:03

"Wat?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-21, 21:08

"Hmm, did you not get a message from Leewan? Well I've learned not to question the man." Gwain pauses for a moment. "Brother, are you alright? You look like something is bothering you."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-21, 21:18

Robillard does not quite know how to answer. Is Gwain mocking him?

"I've just been informed that I'm to be imprisoned, by my own brother. I must speak with him. This is untenable."

Robillard storms out of his room to confront Leewan, leaving Gwain to follow him or not.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-21, 21:27

Gwain trots after Robillard, doing his best to keep up with the man's massive strides. "Hey now, I don't think it's personal or anything. Just do what he says, I don't want him thinking I failed to convince my own brother. I'm sure he has a good reason. Hey, slow down why don't you? How about you tell me about your day? Something on your mind? You can tell your younger brother can't you?"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-21, 21:43

Robillard continues striding forth, shaking his head and muttering angrily. An observer would be unsure as to whether he is replying to Gwain or not.

"The man has the audacity to order me, an anointed knight, to the dungeon?! Has he no shame. I am chosen by Themis. I serve her holy orders and commands. Always shoved behind, always to second place. But wait," and here Robillard pauses for a moment. "I must remain calm. Leewan is one of the faithful, same as I."

His brow furrows and he draws in a terrified breath. "This is the curse manifesting itself. I am becoming impulsive and prideful. Help me, Gwain! Warn me when I reach so close to sin."

Taking a moment and deep breaths helps calm Robillard, at least outwardly. "Still, I would speak with Leewan. Would you care to accompany me, Gwain?" Again he strides off without waiting for a response, albeit at a less furious pace.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-21, 22:02

"Wow, wow, wow, slow down there buddy. Curse? Whose cursed?"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-21, 22:04

Robillard wracks his brain; was Gwain there when he told Leewan about the curse? He can't remember (maybe the curse in action!?!?!?!) but decided to continue walking.

"We will talk together, with Leewan, and I will be sure to explain everything. Are you sure you did not hear my explanation after we sacked the city?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-22, 00:02

"Hmm, you must have been talking about it while I saw to the foreign lady being mistreated. You know brother, I think you need to let off some steam. When's the last time you were with a woman?"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-22, 07:05

Robillard fixes Gwain with a withering stare. "Now is not the time, little brother. My oaths do not prevent me from courting, but I am currently focused on ensuring the safety of my everlasting immortal soul."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-22, 09:13

[waiting to hear when you guys arrive]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-22, 09:16

"Ah, so the answer is quite some time" Gwain jests with a smirk. Well I'm sure Leewan's very concerned about your immortal soul and thinks it will be very safe in the dungeon.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-22, 10:19

[you both arrive]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-22, 10:54

Robillard raises his fist as if to pound on the door, but restricts himself to a simple knock. He cannot resist calling out, "Leewan! We have matters to discuss, together!"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-22, 13:43

"Enter"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-22, 16:21

Robillard shoves open the door and pushes into the room. He makes sure to close the door behind him (allowing Gwain inside if necessary).

"What is this Gwain has been telling me about sending me to the dungeons?! Is there something you wish to tell me? I had hoped you were not so craven as to imprison your brother by proxy."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-22, 17:58

Leewan rests his knives and sharpening tools on table rises to meet his brother.

"I was preoccupied learning the state of affairs in our house's lands. Both of you were impudent enough to ignore the house messenger's summons. I showed the same respect and let others deal with your cursed status."

Leewan lifts up his table side candle and turns to roll animal furs down over the iron grate windows of his chamber. He continues speaking without courtesy towards his kin.

"You believe you are cursed. By your words on the rise of every sixth month's moon you will be affected in some way. Until the manner of this curse is better investigated you are to spend nights in the dungeon. Servants will arrange for proper bedding and furnishings. I will contemplate further on what to do with the prisoners. Perhaps I should have their hands severed and let them onto the streets. In this way none outside the castle will be privy to your nights down below."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-22, 20:43

Robillard can barely speak he is so angry. He bites the words off as he speaks.

"I told the messenger to inform you that I would attend the meeting as soon as possible. It is not my fault that, as soon as we land, you allow us to wander off, and then immediately call a meeting once I have gained audience with Cardinal Schiller. And as for my curse," here Robillard takes a deep breath.

"I do not believe the dungeons are prudent. You are correct in worrying over what the other prisoners will say. Regardless of keeping our family's name safe, I would have you remember that I am an anointed knight of a noble house. I will not be thrown in the dungeon like a common thief. Post a guard on my door if you must, but I will not live in chains. I have met with the cardinal and he assured me that, as long as my faith holds true, I shall be safe. I'm not one for raging feasts and carousing. I will stay in solitude with my prayers and meditate on my curse."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-22, 21:01

"Is the cardinal learned in the curses of heathens? I understood him to be a man bound to Themis. I trust him in all matters of the pure faith, but not when dealing with barbarian heresy. You would put your honor up against the safety of the house heir? Gwain? Myself? You are born from the powerful blood of Griswald and no one or two guards could keep you restrained if this curse robs you of your wits. You must abide by these decrees until a ritual completed by Schiller or another casts out the dark magic inside you. Until then, you are a nightly menace to us all."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next