Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

4 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 6 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-11, 18:51

Gwain takes a well deserved bath. He and his merry men wander off, away from the devastation to find a source of fresh water. The men take turns keeping watch to make sure if any trouble comes their way they'll have plenty of time to react.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 2

Back to top Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 6 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-11, 21:13

Robillard is nursing his wounds as well. However, he also recognize that there is heresy afoot, and he must purge the heathens in this town. He organized a troop of soldiers to move from church to church, burning the buildings, slaughtering the holy men, and purifying any more of Themis' icons which have been profaned.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-11, 21:31

Gwain manages to find a spring in which to wash himself and the rest of his men take the chance to clean themselves as well since they haven't had the chance for around a month. Leewan and his band set about cutting down the villagers in mass and directing where to take the valuables they loot from the town. Grisly trophies of the corpses from the battle before and fresh ones of the villagers are made. Some are impaled alive on stakes through their rectums and left to slide down them until they either die of infection or from sheer pain all the while very much alive and screaming at the top of their lungs. Others are simply cut into pieces and have their limbs hung about like windchimes from a string in windows and posts. Despite all the carnage Leewans men do manage to locate a map though its words are in the native language, he doesn't understand. He hopes that Robillard or Gwain are able to find someone capable of translating the map though he does spy on the map what may be a fishing or trade port though it is on the extreme northern coast of the land and by his estimates another month of sailing along the coast.

Robillard goes about burning any and all objects that he deems heretical to the worship of Themis. On occasion, he comes across small shrines in villagers houses and proceeds to destroy them through fire and steel. As he continues this work he eventually comes to a large sept with the guided symbol of Themis at its highest point. This symbol depicts a hawk clutching the moon in its beak while the sun is embedded into its chest. As he storms in Robillard finds that the doors are unlocked and upon barging in finds a full congregation kneeling at wooden benches before an altar at the top of which stands an ornately dressed priest. All of the occupants turn to you with looks of horror and your gore covered blade except for the preacher who looks at you with disappointment.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-11, 21:44

"How dare you," Robillard breathes through gritted teeth. "How dare you mock the most holy goddess with your barbarian ways. Come here, 'priest!'" he shouts.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-11, 21:54

The priest maintains his look at you without any sign of it changing and he speaks in an Adroysian accent "You will be quite in the house of the Goddess zealot. Lest you find yourself unable to speak your corrupt words."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-11, 22:07

Robillard is speechless. His mind is barely able to comprehend hearing such a civilized and holy tongue in a place like this. He hesitates and stands before the priest.

"You are not one of these barbarians, Father. What are you doing here? I do not understand. Were you captured by these foul folk and forced to carry out idolatrous mock writes of Themis' faith? I saw similar acts during the Crusades."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-11, 23:18

The priest steps down from the altar and speaks in a consistent and smooth tone the entire time as he glides across the floor "You claim these people to be heretics when they have been truer to Themis than you. How can you claim to bring the divine will of our Goddess when your own flesh is tainted?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-12, 07:36

"Tainted?! I have devoted my life to serving Her will! I spent eight years in the desert, punishing the wicked and protecting the weak. How can these barbarian's be true to the One True God?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-12, 09:45

The priest stops just short of you. You can't see his hands or anything under his religious garb; all except for the same expression plastered across his face. "Wicked? How can people who simply seek to stand against oppressors and greed be wicked?"

Robillard takes a moment to look past the priest and at the congregation and can't help but feel as though the individuals present are familiar
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-12, 10:03

"Oppressors and greed? Father, these are barbarians. My family and I cleanse them in Themis' name. We would not be able to succeed so easily without Themis' favor. We have her blessing in these actions. Now please, come with me out of this den of heresy. I swear to return you safely to Adroysia."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-12, 10:25

"Bah! Themis cares not for the conquests of Man for she knows that it is in our nature. She only cares about those who would abuse her name to justify their actions instead of taking responsibility for them. Our goddess is both light and dark despite those who try to portray her as pure holiness. Don't tell me you've forgotten about the dark stain on your soul or have you forgotten about your squire?"

You realize that the men who you walked to this building with aren't present behind you at the door
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-12, 12:37

Robillard is cowed before the priest and his words. "I did not realize knowledge of my shame had spread so far. I must bow before you. But i must admit my confusion; I was always taught that Themis demanded proof of her followers submission through their cleansing acts. The Crusaders must be greatly confused."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-12, 13:46

"Crusades?" The priest laughs and shows the first smile in your encounter. It seems completely unnatural an expression for his face "If that is what the greedy call their vi for power then Acren must be doomed. Though I doubt they will find the treasure they seek within the walls of the great mountain castle."

The priest begins moving towards the alter and speaks again halfway there "Come Robillard. Join me at the alter and let the blade of Griswald rest there for now. If you mean to kill these people still I hope you won't balk at crossing blades with one of the Goddesses Talons."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-12, 15:12

Confused but obedient, Robillard follows the priest to the altar.

"Father, I was speaking of the Crusades against the armies of the Lich Kings. I have been serving our Lady there for the past eight years."

He then lowers his voice, in case any of the 'people' in the church can understand him. "And what are we to do with these Heretic's then? If we leave them alive their filth will breed and spread even further. Fire is the best way to cleanse the flock."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-12, 15:16

Reaching the altar the priest turn back towards you and extends both of this arms outward towards you in a gesture to hand him your blade "If you are still concerned about the practices of these people have no fear. Their lives are forfeited soon enough. Is it a crime for these people to spend the last moments of their lives giving one last prayer for mercy?"

Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-12, 15:18

Robillard is now suspicious. "Father, we serve the Lady Themis. We are not dispensers of mercy. If these people will not renounce their vile heresies immediately then we must slay them."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-12, 15:31

The look of disappointment turns to a scowl "So quick to declare something you don't understand as evil are you, child? What will you do when you are given such a title and are hunted by dogs like a fox?"

The priests arms remain outstretched
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-12, 15:49

The priest's answer does nothing to assuage Robillard's suspicion. However, he can't ignore a direct order from a priest (I think?) Therefore, he speaks, "very well, Father, I will rest my sword here. Let us first pray to our Lady Themis in our hour of need. She will be sure to protect her true faithful."

[The idea is that if this guy is a demon or heretic scum he won't be able to say a true prayer to Themis. Now, I don't think it will work, but Robillard thinks it will. So if this priest can get through the prayer, then Robillard will give him the sword.]
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-12, 16:00

You rest your blade on the priests arms and he pulls the blade in and grasps the hilt with a robbed hand and the blade with another. He speaks as the cloth of his robe runs down the sharpened edges and you swear you hear a humming tune come from the blade as it goes "Oh Goddess of sun and moon, light and dark, master of all things seen and unseen. May our journey to your presence be swift upon our deaths and may eternal twilight be our salvation. Watch us now, for eternity, lest our world be lost without your gaze."

Robillard has never heard this prayer in his life

Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-12, 16:52

"Your education exceeds mine, Father. Join me in the Lady's prayer instead. I also wish to offer up my voice to the Goddess."

[Im assuming there is some parallel to the Lord's Prayer here. Basically a super common prayer that everyone learns as children.]
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-12, 17:06

The priest places the sword on the alter and continues moving about it to the point he's opposite the alter to you. He whispers so something while an outstretched arm rests on the hilt and your ears begin ringing with the same faint hum you heard before.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-12, 17:16

[Hahaha no]

"I knew it! You are a foul barbarian mage! I should never have trusted you, but you abused Themis' holy light to secure protection! Well, foul fiend, I may not have The Rising Dawn, but I still have means to smite your vileness!"

With that, Robillard draws his longsword and swings at the robed figure [he doesn't get to be called a priest anymore].

[ Rolling initiative 2k2 - 4 = 1 bring it bitch
Attack 8k5 - 4 = 18. 4 damage per degree of success]
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-12, 17:50

In a blur of motion, the robed figure pulls a short blade with impossible speed from his person and a black gloved hand brings the blade into your rising longsword and knocks it straight into the air and catches your longsword with an outstretched white gloved hand. Immediately following this the man quickly kneels down and kicks out at you between the wooden legs of the altar knocking you onto your face as you fall forward. As you hit the ground you notice that the entirety of the congregation within the church isn't present and that the candles within the holy site are going out one by one.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-12, 17:55

Unwilling to surrender, Robillard begins chanting a prayer to Themis. Because his armor would make standing take too long, he will attempt to shove the altar into the freaky, gloved man.

[Rolling Athletics with strength I think? Let me know if that's not right. 5k3- 4 = 8]
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-12, 18:14

[That's the correct skill]

You shove as hard as you can with all your might but your injuries cause a shearing pain in your side and you aren't able to muster the strength. You realize that the altar is nailed into the floor. As you struggle you can see the bottom of the man's cloak begin to walk away with perfect silence on the hardwood floor. The cloak moves as though gliding but you know it to be a well-practiced trick employed by many priests and other individuals. As he moves away from you (opposite the door you came in) he speaks in the same even tone and you lose sight of his cloak as he ascends some stairs that were in the direction he's moving.

"It's disappointing to find you are not willing to see the truth. The sun has captivated you with its incandescent brilliance and so I must bid you ado. Come find me again when you seek the truth and when you have begun your plunge for flying too close to the sun. Until then you will be cursed to become that which you hate most. Every six full moons you will become more like a fox, as a creature of the night. Know it is not I who cursed you so, but your own vanity and the power it gave over you to the priest of the moon long ago. I merely took away the only thing subduing it."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-12, 18:29

This will not do. Robillard pulls himself up, grabs The Rising Dawn, and begins following the voice. He is furious, and let's nothing and no one stand in his way. As he strides after the mysterious figure he calls out occasionally, reminding him of his impending doom.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-12, 18:47

As you thunder up the stairs your injuries begin hurting tremendously and feel like knife wounds digging into your stomach. You pass no one in the total darkness and you find yourself ascending to the highest parts of the stape. Soon enough you burst outside into the bell tower and find yourself again surrounded by the inferno around you. Unfortunately the fire has begun to catch the building your on on fire and the flames are begging to lick at your feet at the opposite end of the building through the fires you can see the cloaked figure walking straight towards the edge above the doors to the stape
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-12, 18:52

Because my retreat is clearly blocked by flames [which I set Im pretty sure. Fuck planning ahead.] I have no choice but to run forward. I grit my teeth against the pain [can I make some sort of will - determination test to help with that?] and charge for the figure.

"You will not escape Themis' vengeance so easily, heretic!" thunders Robillard as he rushes across the rooftop. "I will quench these flames with your blood!"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-12, 19:16

[The flames aren't thick enough you need to worry about testing to move through them yet. Your path back isn't blocked though it will likely start becoming so very soon]

As you charge forward the figure walks off the ledge of the stape. You hear a quiet woosh sound as he falls over the edge
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-12, 21:01

Robillard runs to the edge of the stape and looks down. If the were-fox-curser is close enough, he will attempt to jump on him. If he can't see the figure (because sneakthief shenanigans) he will hurry downstairs to beat the rising flames.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-12, 21:05

Robillard looks down from the ledge and does not see the priest anywhere in sight (sneak thief indeed). Rushing downstairs he finds that all of the curtains and wooden benches are engulfed in flames and Robillard must quickly rush out of the stape or be engulfed.

Meanwhile Leewan has managed to hunt down an individual capable of speaking a common tongue while Gwain has finished his bath and is drying off.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-12, 21:37

Cursing the bastard with every breath, Robillard hurries out of the church. He goes to find Leewan or Gwain, as well as looking for any of the men who accompanied him to the church in the first place.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-12, 21:41

When Robillard bursts from the on fire stape he is greeted by the group of men he'd headed there with carrying a ladder and rushing over to the side to set it up. He hears one of them shouting

"Damnit soldiers get that ladder up! He'll be burned alive in there if we don't get in there soon!"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-12, 21:45

"Worry not, loyal soldiers! Themis protects her faithful from harm. But be on your guard. There is a barbarian Mage on the loose. Tell me, what did you all see when we entered the church?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-12, 21:52

Meanwhile, off somewhere in the distance by a peaceful stream, Gwain emerges from a lovely and relaxing bath. As he dresses, he looks toward where the sizable city he scouted not a few days ago once stood. Seeing the sad smoke of devastation billow from the ruins, Gwain decides it would be better not to dwell on what his brothers might be doing right now. He may never understand what motivates them to do what they do. He figures there is still some time before he will be needed, so he lounges by the stream, dreaming of beautiful maidens frolicking in the water. Just in case, Gwain sends Greed, Heaven, and Gia to catch up with Leewan's men and inform them of Gwain's location.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-12, 21:53

The men turn to you with a start and drop the ladder with a thud. The one in charge speaks "Sir? How did you escape? When we were going to enter with you the door shut right in our faces and we couldn't open it no matter what we tried. We ran off to try and find a ladder to gain access to the top but with everything burning it took some time. Thank Themis you're alright!"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-12, 21:55

"That warlock must have used foul magic to try and trap me! I was almost able to catch him, but he fled like the honorless cur he is. But tell me, did you not see him? He was disguised as an Adroysian priest. I was only able to detect his falsehood because he was unable to speak the Lady's prayer."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-12, 22:05

The men look to each other and back at you before shrugging "No sir, we haven't seen anything like that. We may have missed him in our bid to help you by gaining access to the roof."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-12, 22:08

"Damn. Well put out the word. Any Adroysian priests in the city are to be brought to me. Alive if possible, but dead if not. Test them by seeing if they can recite the Lady's prayer."

With his orders given, Robillard goes in search of Leewan, Gwain, or a medic (his injuries are feeling particularly poorly).
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-13, 00:31

The word goes out among the men but as the pillaging starts to come to a close as the vast majority of the town has been looted and lit on fire save for those closest to the defensive walls the men begin to regroup outside of the town. The scene that is left behind is one that will likely never leave anyone memory who was present for the event. Large pillars of smoke reach up into the morning sky and a once vibrant and healthy town is left in smoldering ashes. The bodies of men, women and children lie piled up by the men of house Griswald in heaps with many of them having limbs and other body parts cut off or out of them. A small field of stakes in the town market with individuals impaled on them still moaning about the excruciating pain they are suffering from is left behind while crows and vultures descend from the skies and begin pecking at the juicy bits of the bloodbath that occurred. Many of the soldiers of Griswald brag to each other of the women the conquered and the number of people they killed all the while carrying bags of valuables that were taken. Some women from they town are taken as captives by the men to be used for entertainment on the way back or on the way to even more pillaging.

Robillard finds Leewan admiring his handiwork from a distance while the men are accounted for in the early morning. Gwain can be seen ways off making his way to the two brothers after his night of rest while others had their fun. A small table on which Leewan can visualize the map has been set up to his left and two soldiers hold a woman (Leewan found out her name is Anisa) who can be heard cursing the soldiers and Leewan loudly in a common tongue all the while being hit by the soldiers for every insult.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-13, 01:21

Gwain arrives to the scene of his brother's men hitting a lady in utter horror. "You there! Didn't your mother teach you better than to strike a woman? Have you no decency? Bring her to me and get your filthy hands off of her."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-07-13, 01:26

Leewan acknowledges Robillard but ignores the signs of char and distress his brother displays.

He instructs the men to keep beatings away from the head and chest, to keep the prisoner longer lived than their previous.

"Foreign woman, lessen your suffering. Give us instruction to the port cities of your domains. If you behave you can be at the whim of my charming brother. Otherwise you will "entertain" me."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-13, 01:44

"Enough Leewan! Can't you see that the woman is too stunned to speak? Your conquest can resume in the morning." Only after this mutinous outburst does Gwain realize the gravity of having attempted to give an order to his eldest brother. An expression of immediate regret dominates Gwain's figure.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-13, 08:14

Robillard bursts into the scene, and while he notices the awkward silence, he also cannot wait.

"Brothers, I am glad I found you both together. I have terrible news. There are barbarian witches at work here. I must speak with you in private."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-13, 09:57

The men have stopped beating the women for her insults to Leewan (and themselves) though they do kick her legs or hit her arms as punishment for her. With the lessened beating her curses become even louder and more obnoxious with things such as "Your mother was a whore", "You'll burn for eternity" and so on.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-07-13, 10:13

"For Themis' sake, just gag that wench!"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-13, 12:45

Gwain steps to the side and lets Robillard and Leewan discuss the important matter of the barbarian witches. In the mean time, he tries a hand at calming down the woman.

"Hello, my name is Gwain. I know what it's like to be at the mercy of foreign men. Listen to me, and you'll survive this night without another scratch on you."

[Gwain attempts to start an intrigue. 6 initiative if it goes through.]
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-13, 13:10

As Robillard looks to speak with Leewan, Gwain begins an intrigue with the cursing women

[You go first, I'll give you one guess at what her disposition to you is]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-07-13, 13:15

"I'm not here to hurt you. In fact, if you cooperate, you may find me quite the gentleman..."

[My disposition is indifferent. Influence (Seduce) on 7k5 gives 18 with 5 persuasion.]
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-07-13, 13:54

You try to use your good looks and smooth talking that has always worked on the ladies before but she spits at your feet and says in a difficult to understand thick accent "Go fuck yourself Griswald! You wouldn't lay a hand on me! You'd have your brutes and thugs do your dirty work for you, you piece of shit! Why don't you have them suck your cock instead of trying to get me to do it!"

[9 on incite against you 3 damage per dos]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next