Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~~GENERATION SIX, TIER TWO, ROUND TWO~~

+4
Corenat Rovarnus
dinasemrys
nullset12
Xenoe
8 posters

Go down

Round Two

~~GENERATION SIX, TIER TWO, ROUND TWO~~ I_vote_lcap50%~~GENERATION SIX, TIER TWO, ROUND TWO~~ I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]
~~GENERATION SIX, TIER TWO, ROUND TWO~~ I_vote_lcap50%~~GENERATION SIX, TIER TWO, ROUND TWO~~ I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

~~GENERATION SIX, TIER TWO, ROUND TWO~~ Empty ~~GENERATION SIX, TIER TWO, ROUND TWO~~

Post by Xenoe 2010-12-17, 16:48

Larry is back! So lets get this show on the road!
In the left orange-y corner! General.
In the diagonal down magenta-y purple corner! Archer.

General:
Spoiler:

Archer!
Spoiler:

Ground: Bog
Obstacles: Tall Objects
Space: Limited
Mana Resources: Good
Temperature: As Cold As Cold Can Be
Lighting: Who turned out teh lights?(Pitch Black)

Time to get creative with this battle ground should be.
How about a massive building sized cement mixer with huge rotating spinners to serve as obstacles? Heheheh.

Last edited by Xenoe on 2010-12-21, 19:19; edited 1 time in total
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

~~GENERATION SIX, TIER TWO, ROUND TWO~~ Empty Re: ~~GENERATION SIX, TIER TWO, ROUND TWO~~

Post by nullset12 2010-12-20, 18:05

Generals army is inferior to the army of magi ...
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 14

Back to top Go down

~~GENERATION SIX, TIER TWO, ROUND TWO~~ Empty Re: ~~GENERATION SIX, TIER TWO, ROUND TWO~~

Post by dinasemrys 2010-12-20, 20:43

Disagree, EX anti-army noble phantasm is always superior to A++ anti-army. Just because one of their noble phantasms is described in more detail does not mean it is superior. In addition, Lorelei's anti-army appears to be more defensive while General's anti-army is offensive.

Another issue is the destroy noble phantasm ability should not be able to affect all reality marbles. In order to stop EX noble phantasms, it would need to be at least EX rank by itself. Otherwise, it is too cheap for its point cost. This is especially supported by seeing how the noble phantasm is pretty much equal with an EX noble phantasm that cannot stop reality marbles (General's). If it already has the power of an EX noble phantasm without stopping reality marbles, it cannot have the power to stop reality marbles because that would be complete overkill.
dinasemrys
dinasemrys
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-12-20, 20:46

dammit, I was going to shift 1 or 2 more points over to make it EX, shiz....
whatever archer can just vaporize all of them, they have no stats. boudica might have trouble calling in her infinite reinforcements when she's atomized.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dinasemrys 2010-12-20, 20:54

However, EX charisma and an equal level of clairvoyance will allow the general to escape atomizing attacks for enough time to summon the infinite army. At that point, the general will be able to position her troops effectively to defend against all of archer's attacks.

Although nuclear attacks can completely vaporize in real life, Saber's survival against an anti-world attack shows that servants can resist instant death against all giant attacks. Based on that, the army (all with B rank endurance after the boost) will be able to redirect all of the damage to themselves instead of to the General.
dinasemrys
dinasemrys
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2010-12-20, 21:00

True but assuming the general's army is massing at one time, archer can always teleport away
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by dinasemrys 2010-12-20, 21:05

The army is infinite after the chant. It doesnt mass. Its just everywhere. Teleporting is pointless.
dinasemrys
dinasemrys
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-12-20, 21:58

Well then they all get instantly disintegrated, can't you read gestalt breakdown? A combined endurance and mana point cost of less than 10 results in instantaneous disintegration. Clairvoyance will not prevent you from getting disintegrated, any sort of battle continuation thing will extend your puny lifespan to maybe a second or two. I can just rip through all 200 of her soldiers quickly and blast her before the chant finishes. Yes, servants are capable of withstanding nuclear based attacks, however I must note that your saber had A+ endurance, plus this is a Noble Phantasm nuclear explosion. Yes, her Clairvoyance allows her to see the approach and attack, but Archer can teleport and track fast moving targets, and with D rank agility and her soldiers as C archer possesses a clear logistics advantage as well as Clairvoyance herself, so the army can't be positioned in a timely manner.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2010-12-21, 00:20

dinasemrys wrote:Disagree, EX anti-army noble phantasm is always superior to A++ anti-army. Just because one of their noble phantasms is described in more detail does not mean it is superior. In addition, Lorelei's anti-army appears to be more defensive while General's anti-army is offensive.

Another issue is the destroy noble phantasm ability should not be able to affect all reality marbles. In order to stop EX noble phantasms, it would need to be at least EX rank by itself. Otherwise, it is too cheap for its point cost. This is especially supported by seeing how the noble phantasm is pretty much equal with an EX noble phantasm that cannot stop reality marbles (General's). If it already has the power of an EX noble phantasm without stopping reality marbles, it cannot have the power to stop reality marbles because that would be complete overkill.
This doesn't matter as it was already approved by the GM. You need to ask him for confirmation if on the subject of restricting a power, which would also mean clashing with its description.
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Master
AwesomeSauce : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by dinasemrys 2010-12-21, 05:49

Im talking about the Saber in fate stay who only had C rank endurance...

In addition:
Its effect on Servants are based on the combined totals of points spent on Endurance and Mana stats.
Technically, the general's army did not spend any points on any stats whatsoever. They just came with the stats. The numbers next to the general's armies stats represent power based on a scale, not points spent on stats.
dinasemrys
dinasemrys
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Capitalist Pig 2010-12-21, 08:32

don't forget that General has a master too. All that's necessary is for Shinji to pullout his AMOS' MOM hugeass gun. BOOM-Headshot.
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : -11

http://fakku.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-12-21, 10:26

Corenat Rovarnus wrote: I can just rip through all 200 of her soldiers quickly and blast her before the chant finishes.
You are talking about an EX ranked Noble Phantasm. Summoning soliders in the normal way is instantaneous, and its 200 per summoning.

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse BS
AwesomeSauce : -6

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-12-21, 11:20

Sorry buddy, your noble phantasm is the ability to summon the soldiers, the soldiers themselves aren't part of NP so they don't get indestructibility. Can't you read properly? You can summon them instantly, but I can also kill them all off instantly, so you effectively have no soldiers. I can either use the additional capacity of gestalt breakdown to vaporize you or have my master take you out for efficiency.

As for your mystic code, it is useless being anti-personnel(which you spelled wrong btw). Nasuverse conversion scales have an A rank normal attack as equivalent to a C rank Noble Phantasm, and the Kron Battalion has protection for up to B, so you won't be able to do anything there.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-12-21, 11:27

no, but I can snipe your master

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-12-21, 13:06

wow are you retarded, the Kron battalion creates a shield around barthomeloi(master) that can withstand up to B rank NPs, your rounds will just bounce off from any range like in duh COHO. Your B rank gun translates to a D rank NP, so stupid shinji who needs to act like a man(NGE reference hur hur hur) can't even make a dent in her defense.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-12-21, 20:25

it states
"They have shields"
not
"They create a shield"
Based on this English implies that their shields protect only them, therefore they would have to surround and literally act as meatshields for your master, whilst an infinite army and General and Shinji are all pounding them into dust.

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-12-22, 01:11

I'm going to call foul on this round several people who have not been on in a while or known doubles have suddenly come online to vote.

As of 10:09 PM PST these people have been online:
Members connected during last 24 hours : ARandomBlackGuy, Capitalist Pig, Corenat Rovarnus, dinasemrys, kattanakitten, vroop, MarthMarthy, Nina, noisypotato69, nullset12, Sanae Kochiya, SonGoku, ZedSlayer

I ask that a vote check be done to prevent cheating.

Last edited by Nina on 2010-12-22, 16:14; edited 1 time in total
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-12-22, 03:43

ZedSlayer wrote:it states
"They have shields"
not
"They create a shield"
Based on this English implies that their shields protect only them, therefore they would have to surround and literally act as meatshields for your master, whilst an infinite army and General and Shinji are all pounding them into dust.
Yeah, that's what they do, with teleportation its perfectly possible and my master can call in reinforcements as well. Um, MAYBE you didn't consider my SERVANT would be fighting as well. Excuse me, I believe the General was engaged in battle with Archer, and even if a super god like being who is disintegrating all of your men instantaneously won't deter you, I'm pretty sure getting split down to your elements will. So its only Shinji's failsauce gun that my master has to deal with. Also, with gestalt breakdown, Archer can MAKE a goddam shield for her that will deter your attacks. YOU DO NOT START WITH INFINITE SOLDIERS, YOU NEED TO FINISH THAT 5 LINE CHANT. UNTIL YOU DO THAT, YOU CAN ONLY FIELD 200 SOLDIERS AT A TIME. WHICH I CAN VAPORIZE AS FAST AS YOU CAN MAKE 'EM. so you're completely open to the amount of beamspam archer can sic on during the chant.

Also peinan, if they did not spend any points on stats, that means they spent ZERO(0) points. 0 is less than 10, unless you're AMOS and you use different symbols to represent powerofpoo. When you spend less than 10 points combined on endurance and mana, you get vaporized instantaneously. Problem, GeneralFags?(personally I approve of the General class but I'm fighting to win here)

Nina you need to chill, as of now there are only 6 votes(including mine). So far larry, peinan, sean, vroop, and I have posted in this thread. that means there is one vote not linked to anyone in the optimum case that everyone who posted voted.

Explanations for the appearances of inactive members:

ARandomBlackGuy - This is actually kevin chu pretending to be an anonymous user. He went on briefly during study hall(3-4pm), and I watched everything he did, and he did not vote. MM can attest to this.

noisypotato69 & sanae kochiya - MM has helped me confirm noisypotato69 is a unique person(jack z.), the other is brian. Both of them might have been asked to vote for one side or another, though its not likely for jack because he doesn't come into contact with us on a regular basis(except with xenoe and sandow). if sandy isn't involved larry might have (or will in the future) garner(ick conjugation mess) brian's support.

SonGoku - As I've said before, this is sandy's double account. because it's only 6 votes, I'm not sure if he's involved, though he did tell me he supported larry.

TL;DR
blah blah archer beats general, I VOTED ONCE FOR ARCHER. THAT IS ALL I WILL VOUCH FOR.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by dinasemrys 2010-12-22, 05:52

actually, i havent voted yet.... Im gonna vote right now
dinasemrys
dinasemrys
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-12-22, 20:18

Ok, with 8 votes we still have 1 vote unaccounted for, I count only seven people in this thread. Also, you guys haven't come to any conclusion on exactly why general beats archer, sandy himself told me he's voting without any rational reasons based on the battle. Whatever. Just remember that if you guys weren't faggots voting on personal preference and ignorance here I would have won this. Possibly even the boss battle. I would go on in my pessimism and despair rant, but I'll save the rest until I actually lose.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-12-22, 21:20

Well I have been going over for a bit the match in my head. At first I went with General because she has the army that can overpower the margu army (though they are magi they still would not be able to stand up against generals summoned servants because they are still only human) but then I realized that the soldiers wouldn't matter because they would get vaporized by archers NP and Gen would have the same fate no matter how many soldiers she has so was going to change my vote but cant now.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-12-22, 22:30

lol go ahead and change it, re-opened because felix did not bother to check votes, so we can give anyone who's voting with a double the chance to rescind their vote before we find you out.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-12-23, 16:51

when does OT end

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-12-23, 19:25

When I GAY-MOS wiN, you are far too stupid to see how I would beat saber. I can't blame you for supporting yourself, so I'll leave it be. In the meantime, I'm assuming that besides peinan and larry, quan and sandy have also voted for general. Now I know sandy is going to vote for larry unreasonably and without any logic behind his decision, but sean hasn't stated his vote yet, so it could be that he actually hasn't voted and sandow used a double.

also peinan, I concede that FSN saber would be able to survive a nuclear explosion with C rank endurance. But just how many nuclear explosions can she survive at the maximum? Because I can make more than that amount happen in less than 5 seconds. Nobody's challenged my arguments significantly, so that means they stand and votes against me are for personal and petty reasons.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-12-23, 21:43

SS Van Dine wrote:When I win
Read the damn rules, they specifically state that at the end of Overtime, winner will be determined by coin toss.
Personally, I think Luck is a better system, but this is what the GM came up with, so I won't argue with him.
You, on the other hand are only to easy to refute.

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-12-24, 00:46

Refute? Where exactly did you refute me? If it's so easy, why don't you actually do it? lawl I have yet to see anyone even try to counter my argument or say how it's wrong. Just because you have more people backing you up does not mean you're right. In fact, you don't even have more.

alright, coin tosses have never been in my favor in the past, and please tell me where exactly in the rules overtime is decided by coin toss.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-12-24, 12:58

"if it is still a dead tie, a coin will be flipped."
suck it

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2010-12-24, 13:29

General wins by coinflip.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-12-24, 19:42

thank you felix. congratulations peinan, you win. Cool It was either me or you, and fate picked you. I won this argument though, no question, just lost because of votes.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by dinasemrys 2010-12-24, 20:08

i dont think i necessarily win yet...

Anyways, someone lock this
dinasemrys
dinasemrys
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down