Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2016-07-23, 20:45

"What happened to that woman we were travelling with? I hope she survived the bridge collapse"
Borack and co look around for Eryn.
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 2510
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2016-07-23, 20:53

Eryn significantly underestimates her own potential, having never had the chance to tap the full extent of it, in the end she didn't even need to use a crutch to walk, albeit feeling like she just run a full marathon.

Michell discovers Eryn as she is walking down the tracks.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by kaede on 2016-07-23, 21:28

Eryn simply waves as she gets closer, heading toward the car to lay down inside for abit.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 3256
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2016-07-23, 21:39

Michell puts her hands on Borack's shoulder and points in Eryn's direction.
"There she is, looks like she's somewhat tired from what just happened."

Bidden walks over and gestures that he's offering assistance, should she require it.

Borack looks elated.
"I'm glad you're all right Eryn. We're looking into possible areas where the survivors of that unexpected incident might find shelter."

Borack gestures towards the map.
"Do you have any suggestions as to where we might find such a place?"
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 2510
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by kaede on 2016-07-24, 02:29

She shrugs. "I'd say send them back. The way forward is gone, the coast is being invaded, and you can't provide for all these people to survive a mountain trip. If you could get to the plains I could recommend an area or two."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 3256
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2016-07-25, 19:52

While Eryn, Borack, Michell, and Biden are busy debating how to best solve the problems at hand, the surviving passengers of the train have already disembarked and are huddled in a gigantic mass near the broken bridge.

Most are content to bemoan their fate, watching in horror as the other half of the train on the other side of the bridge finally tumbles into the waters below, while a select adventurous few have decided to take fate into their own hands and leave by their own two feet.

It is sometime after that a jet black automobile of Panalis make swerves onto the dirt partition between the train tracks and the main road at incredible speed, making a screech stop right before hitting the Codillac in the back. Out of the vehicle steps probably the most beautiful woman the crew, save Borack for his would be Michell, has ever seen.

A slender woman of above average height, she is wearing fashionable, black, one piece lace dress, with matching gloves, laced hat and hose, almost as if she was going to a formal event. Her snow white, porcelain-like skin produces a soft contrast with her silky light brown hair. Most striking, however, are her emerald green eyes, which have an almost supernatural glass like quality to them.

Upon her face hangs an expression of mild astonishment as she approaches the group.

"Oh my, can someone inform me as to what has happened here?" she inquires, her voice with a quality akin to glass bells. It seems that she is referring to the collapsed bridge up ahead.

The group notices something that looks like a bread consuming serpent briefly peak its head out of the woman's car.

As the woman approaches, the group, especially Eryn, feels sudden inexplicable nervousness.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2016-07-26, 16:34

Borack is about to step up and speak, but not before Bidden quickly approaches the lady, grasping her hands as if to comfort her.
"My dear lady, bad luck has befallen the people of this train. They were caught in the crossfire of some silly war. You aren't retreating from any such hostile area are you? You haven't been hurt have you?"

Borack and Michell watch from the side with blank expressions.
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 2510
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by kaede on 2016-07-26, 23:27

Eryn doesn't say anyhing to the newcomer, instead deciding to just watch to make sure she doesn't try anything against the party.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 3256
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2016-07-28, 21:58

The lady in black pays no mind to Bidden's displays of inappropriate familiarity, smiling sweetly before slowly withdrawing her hands. Quickly that smile turns melancholic at the mention of a war.

"That is worrying to hear, I was merely traveling when there was a particularly large commotion. I followed the crowd to see what was happening. A war you say? Between who?"

She seems slightly lost in thought.

Eryn doesn't notice anything suspicious.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2016-07-28, 22:06

Michell steps up and tells the lady
"We aren't sure who the war is currently between. We're on our way to figure that out right now. However. we are currently trying to find a safe spot for these refugees to take shelter. Do you happen to know of any such place? You're also welcome to join us, if you'd like."

Meanwhile, Borack is pulling a resistant Bidden away while telling him to get a grip of himself and that he's acting like a fool.
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 2510
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2016-07-28, 22:54

"Hmmm, that is strange. To be honest as much as I would like to help, it looks like the people who got off the train will need to walk. Although, Lauden au Ris is a large city and not very far from here, perhaps it will be safe there?"

The lady motions the road from where Bidden came.

"Oh and pardon me, my name is Melinda, I am pleased to make your acquaintance."
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by kaede on 2016-07-29, 01:45

Seeing nothing of worry she tries to focus on Melinda herself to see if she can identify what is causing her immense unease around her.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 3256
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2016-07-29, 14:13

Eryn tries really hard to see whats wrong, and almost as if her eyes are playing tricks on her she begins to be able to see what seems like an powerful ethereal glow surrounding Melinda. The world around her, including Borack, Bidden, and Michell, seems dim, almost inconsequential in comparison.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2016-07-29, 21:10

Michell approaches to shake Melinda's hand
"Nice to meet you, Melinda. My name is Michell Obama and-"

Before Michell can continue, Bidden quickly blurts hout
"HI! MY NAME IS JOE BIDDEN!"

Borack immediately smacks Bidden on the head
"Jeez, Joe. What's gotten into you. Calm yourself."

Michell motions with her other hand (not held out to shake Melinda's hand) to Borack
"and husband over there, Senator Borack Obama, is the man stopping Joe's shenanigans. It would be a great help if you would mark the location of Lauden au Ris on our map."
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 2510
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2016-07-29, 22:08

Once Borack takes out the map, he is overcome with the sudden realization that Lauden au Ris is the city that they were escaping from in the first place.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2016-07-30, 10:10

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but looking at this map has made me realize that Lauden au Ris is actually where we first encountered the first signs of fighting. Do you happen to know of any other safe locations?"
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 2510
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2016-07-31, 17:44

"Lauden is under attack? Then it must be another war with Cadelion..."

Melinda says softly.

"In that case proceed through these woods and you may eventually reach the city of Nier," she points through the thicket that lines the side of the road.

"Although if that isn't possible then you can make a turnabout and head right at the second exit."
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by kaede on 2016-08-01, 01:52

She shakes her head to clear her mind of the glow she sees and tries to steel her nerves. "How far exactly is this Nier place? There are too many people here to reasonably take care of them over long distances."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 3256
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2016-08-01, 10:18

"Its around half a day's journey by foot. I am sorry to say that I am not very familiar with the surrounding area, and so I would not know of a place that could safely house a couple hundred people that is not a city."
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2016-08-01, 13:29

Borack places a hand around his chin and considers the option for a moment.
"It seems that heading to Nier would be our best bet. We should make contact with the town and give them a heads up concerning the incoming refugees. It would only be right to do so."

Borack turns to Bidden.
"I'm sorry I keep asking you to separate, but I would greatly appreciate it if you could gather up some of the community leaders or influential figures that may be present among the crowd and have them go with you in the codillac to inform the town of Nier of our arrival."

Bidden nods and sets off to the remaining survivors from the train.
"Attention survivors, we plan on trekking to the nearby town of Nier. If there are any community heads that may be able to help the town to accommodate us, please come with me in the coddillac."

Bidden gestures towards Borack, Michell, and Eryn
"They will guide everybody else to Nier, should you wish to go with them."

Meanwhile Borack turns to Bosby.
"Chill, I know you're an influential figure, but I'd like to ask you to hike with us. Having you with us may help keep these civilians in high spirits throughout the journey."

Michell then offers her hand (to shake) to Melinda once again.
"Thank you for pointing us towards Nier. I assume that you're going to go on in your own transport. Do you by any chance know what this war with Cadellion is about?"
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 2510
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by kaede on 2016-08-03, 18:05

"Whatever you decide make it quick, the prople who set those bombs could be nearby."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 3256
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2016-08-03, 23:47

In a time of crisis people naturally look for those that can rely on. Borack is precisely the man they need, perhaps not the man they deserve. Most of the influential people have left on their own modes of transportation, however, and so the best authority figure that is available for Bidden to draw upon is a the president of the Lauden chapter teachers union.

Chill consider's Borack's request, and agrees hesitantly, bidding farewell to his family in the Codillac.

Borack and Bidden once again go their separate ways.

Melinda shakes her head, "you're not from Panalis are you? Panalis and Cadelion have been rivals and enemies from the times of the old, usually over territorial disputes. Quite sad really."

She pauses before curtsying .

"As much as I would love to journey with you, my vehicle is was quite a hassle to obtain so it would be a pity to leave it behind. I will, however, try to lend a hand to Sir Bidden."

She waves goodbye and gets in her car, following Bidden onto the road.

Borack assembles the rest of the large crowd with slight difficulty, and with a map in hand, attempts to cut across the forested landscape to Nier by foot. In the beginning everything seems to be going fairly well, but after a few hours of trekking through the woodlands Eryn points out to Borack that they haven't actually made that much progress.

The group's morale and order starts breaking down, as expected of such a large group, and many people are starting to complain about issues such as hunger, thirst, and exhaustion. Borack himself is starting to feel the strain after a night of improper rest and no breakfast.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2016-08-06, 09:20

While still walking, Borack turns 360 degrees and looks around.
Aragorn rides around the group on his horse.
"I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me.
A day may come when the strength of our people fails, when we forsake our friends
and break all bonds of patriotism.
But it is not this day.
An hour of anarchy and shelled homes.
But it is not this day!
This day we persevere!
By all that you hold dear on this good earth.
I bid you forge on, people of Panalis!
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 2510
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by kaede on 2016-08-09, 11:43

Eryn simply face palms and keeps moving.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 3256
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 7 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum