Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2015-09-12, 23:26

Rejuvinary 14, Year 1768 E.E.

The early morning sun cast a soft mellow glow over the city as the central clock tower struck seven. For most this did not mean much, but for those that worked at Rimerian Heavy Industries this was how every day almost unfailingly began.

A rare overcast loomed over the city today, diminishing the usual radiance of dawn, but it was a new day nonetheless.

There was already a large crowd of people at the entrance to RHI's manufactory compound, all hurrying to check into work as soon as possible so as they may get paid the maximum ammount allotted for their labors. There were people of all types who worked here, from intellectuals to illiterates, and foreigners of all nationalities. To stand out among such a group was difficult, but for Gersha Folsom the true challenge was to remain standing from the unyielding tide of humans.

Gersha Folsom muttered both to herself and to her offending peers about how rude everyone was being, but nobody paid any mind to her as this was such a usual occurrence that everyone was practically used to it. Good thing she had taken her calcium today, Gersha thought. At least her bones were safe from osteoporosis.

The human resource secretaries at the gate busily signed everybody in by marking off their time cards, as several armed guards kept a watchful eye for any troublemakers.

"Good morning Gersha," greeted one such secretary as she put her signature onto Folsom's time card.

"Good morning Chelsea," Gersha Folsom replied, "it..." There was little time for small talk as an annoyed looking man shoved Gersha further down to make room for himself. "Oh! Why you little-" Gersha was practically about to shout expletives but she caught herself as it would be quite unbecoming to do so.

"I'll see you at lunch Gersha," Chelsea shouted after Gersha with a giggle, as she quickly signed the impatient man in. The rude fellow left just as Gersha was about to resume her chastisement, giving her no chance to retaliate for his misgiving.

In no time the mass of people cleared the gate and headed off to their individual work stations, and for Gersha this meant the office of the Operations Director. The entire office had the aroma of chocolate and hazelnut, which imparted a sense of lethargy and comfort on all those present.

"Ah, Gersha, its good to see that you are as early as always," said the finely dressed Director, Mr. Walter, "that is good because today is an important day. We must get to work and work hard if we are to impress Senator Obama (yes, this is a PC, no, I had nothing to do with the name) and win the contract for our new design."

Gersha nodded, everything was practically ready at this point, the only thing left was for the delivery.

--

On the manufactory floor at this very time things were looking far different for young Eryn Osidon.

"Hey, Osidon, hustle it up! You're bottle necking our production line!" shouted the Foreman.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'll try my best," said Eryn, practically doubling the pace at which she soldered together pieces of metal, at the expense of quality. Nobody really had time to notice, however, and the steel widgets quickly passed down the line and were incorporated into larger machinery.

It was boring and monotonous work, but it was the only way that she could survive in the big city. Back in her village it was hunting, herding and gathering, but here there was not a wild animal to hunt nor fruitful land that was not owned by somebody or another.

Before she came to the city she had high hopes of finding her father, but only when she saw the masses and masses of people that lived beyond her knowledge that she knew finding a person was much more arduous than she could ever fathom.

Was this toil worth it?

This was a question that could not be answered now, as she labored on to feed herself at the end of the day.

--

It was a little before noon that Senator Borack Hassein Obama(sic, jk), his buddy Senator Joe Bidden, and his wife Michell Obama arrived at RHI Lauden au Ris in their fancy armored automobile. There was not much fanfare, but as a rising star in the Rimerian political scene everybody knew who he was. Curious glances were exchanged by those who were not in the know as to the reason of Senator Obama's coming, while those who knew showed anticipation and anxiety.

Senator Obama showed every single worker to come him by his signature smile, even though most were not even his countrymen, and for a lucky few even a handshake. Like this he waltzed through all the way to his meeting with Dylan Walter. After a few words of courtesy, the talks moved quickly to the subject of the day.

Walter and his entourage of managers, along with a reticent Gersha, lead the way into a fenced area behind the storage facility. A dozen or so guards cleared the group, and opened the way into a medium sized enclosed area partitioned into several long alleys. It was at the first that there several black coated people deliberating over some arcane matter. They all stopped at once when they saw Walter, and stepped to the side to reveal a rack full of what looked to be rifles.

"Senator Obama, this is Doctor Thomas, the head of the SP-2 project, he will be guiding you through the advantages that our design has over competitor Projectors."

A bearded and bespectacled man of medium stature came forth after fastening the neck button of his black coat, with one of the so called SP-2's in his hand.

"It is a pleasure to have you with us today Mr. Senator. Today I will be introducing the innovative new features that our SP-2 has over model 1, we have incorporated lessons learned from our Modular Focus for improved flexibility and..."

While it was difficult to follow what Thomas was saying at times, the gist of things was that the SP-2 was just plain better, and like this the came to an end with Walter inviting everyone to lunch.

{free action if you wanna take it, if you don't just say pass}
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2015-09-13, 01:09

The three members of the senatorial group sat down and prepared to enjoy the food that had been prepared for them. Then Joe broke the awkward silence.
"Did either of you two understand what the doctor was saying? I really hope that I'm not the only one who couldn't understand that explanation."

Silence ensues for a few seconds before Borack and Michell both burst out laughing.
Joe raises an eyebrow in confusion before Borack responds:
"haha, oh Joe. I was just wondering the same thing. Although we're both graduates from Dalreton University, we're political science majors. I guess those Science and Engineering students were right. Political science isn't a real science. It sounded like the SP-2 is generally better than the first model, although I'm unsure about any specifics concerning the product."

After swallowing a spoonful of food Michell nonchalantly says:
"There better be a live demonstration. We should get some information concerning the product's performance rather than relying on the scientist's word that 'it's just better'."

"Yes, Michell. You're right. If this is all this facility is going to present to us, then our trip here would have been for naught. I'm glad we're always on the same page, honey."
Borack puts one hand around Michell's back, leans in, and kisses his wife who gently wraps her arms around his neck as she reciprocates the kiss.

After the couple leaves each other's embrace, they both turn their heads to see Joe looking to the side while slowly chewing his food. The couple laugh at Joe again before Borack apologizes.
"Oh, I'm sorry, Joe. It seems that you're always the third wheel in our party. But I'm glad that you're our third wheel. It's nice to have a friend like you who's always willing to stick with us through thick and thin."

Joe blushes and is really glad that Obama-senpai has finally noticed him.
The trio proceed to munch down their food.
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 2510
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2015-09-13, 01:30

"My goodness, those weapons in there gave me quite a fright," Gersha Folsom remarks, pulling her gray shawl tight over her dress.
"Perhaps I should reconsider working for a company that makes such dangerous devices. Sure, they may show proper respect to women, but the ones in charge are still a lot of boneheaded patriarchs grown too big for their britches."
She shakes her head. "It's all just nonsense to me. For Pete's sake, what does it matter whose gun is better anyway?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
Posts : 6684
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by kaede on 2015-09-13, 01:54

Pass
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 3256
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2015-09-13, 01:54

After hearing Gersha's spiel, the senatorial trio lock eyes and nod.

Michell slides over towards the grumbling woman and asks:
"You're an employee of this company right? Do you think you could give us some details about the weapon in the presentation?.. In lay terms, please?"
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 2510
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2015-09-13, 12:29

Upon hearing the confusion that the Obama trio seemed to be expressing about the new weapon, Doctor Thomas made an effort to clear up any misunderstandings.

"Ah, I am sorry Mr. Senators, it seems that my explanation was not very clear. If you wish for layman's terms the overall idea of my presentation was that our model has the advantage of versatility and mass production capabilities. The spell barrel can be easily swapped out with little interference to the performance, and the components are easy to access."

Thomas eyes Gersha strangely before continuing.

"A demonstration will be held in the afternoon to clarify the benefit of these features."
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2015-09-13, 12:43

After hearing the doctor's simpler explanation, Michell slides back to her original sitting spot and continues eating her lunch.

"ah, great."
Borack takes out a notebook and starts jotting down notes.
"So basically you've streamlined the firing mechanisms and made it more ergonomic."

Joe finishes the last of his drink before asking:
"Are there any improvements to the spell barrel's ammunition? Perhaps it is now more compact and easier to store or packs a bigger punch."
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 2510
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty pretend this happened before doctor boring

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2015-09-13, 12:56

"Oh! Forgive my impoliteness Mrs. Obama, and may I say it's very nice to meet you, your husband, and Senator Bidden as well."
Gersha stands up and curtsies, then pats the shoulder of the woman seated next to her.
"That is my good friend Chelsea, she works in HR, so you know you can trust her with anything. I know she isn't really involved in this project, but I couldn't bear to have such a prestigious lunch without her, you see?"
She titters and takes a bite of her steamed red lobster.

"Yes, I am indeed an employee of RHI, but I try not to think too much about those dreadful devices. But to answer your question, they work pretty much the same as any other gun: you pull the trigger, it makes a nasty banging noise, and suddenly you've committed murder!"
Gersha gestures wildly as she describes the sheer brutality of modern weaponry.
"I've seen the accounts, I have, and I simply cannot imagine why they spend so much money on testing and 'improving' the fool things. Did you know, just yesterday Mr. Walter announced that R&D had achieved a one hundred percent increase in 'effectiveness' on their new design."
She shudders at the thought.
"Murdering someone is bad enough, how could you want to cause even more deaths? The least they could do is make it quieter, I can hear the obnoxious noises their testing makes all the way from my desk. It's enough to drive a poor woman mad, it is! They ought to make something that actually contributes to society instead, like a machine to wash your clothes for you."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
Posts : 6684
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2015-09-13, 13:24

Michell reaches out, grasps Gersha's hands, and smiles.
"I'm sorry to hear about your workplace environment. It's our job to understand the problems of our people and propose solutions."

Borack stops scribbling in his notebook, looks directly into Doctor Thomas's eyes, and says with a firm voice:
"Yes, it seems that these loud noises would affect the mental state of the employees of the facility. We will have to bring up stricter building code regulations at the next senate meeting."

After Borack finishes his spiel, Michell continues speaking with Gersha.
"From your anecdote, it sounds like the weapons are quite effective. Could you specify exactly what Mister Walters meant by a 'one hundred percent increase in 'effectiveness''? You see, we aren't trying to cause harm to anyone, but maintaining and constantly improving our nation's army is necessary to protect our citizens against outside threats... Also you know how boys are with their toys."

Joe fiddles with his chin.
"hmm, I think that's actually a great idea! a machine that could wash my clothes would save tons of time in my daily schedule. Do you know how much time it takes to clean this suit and smooth out all the wrinkles?"

Obama hands Gersha a business card.
"You know, despite your fairly radical views concerning weapons development, you're a very innovative woman. We need a good tech person on our team. If you're ever interested in the position, please send us your resume and we'll consider interviewing your for the job."
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 2510
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2015-09-13, 15:36

"You're very kind and considerate Mrs. Obama. From what I heard the new design can kill twice as many people, in half the time. Doesn't matter how fast you do it, murder is murder in my book. Yes, it's quite absurd how obsessed boys are with violence, rudeness, and other dreadful crimes. This new model is also bigger in size than the old one, shows you what they've got on their minds. Hmph. I'd rather the guns kill half as many people in twice the time, that ought to make things safer for everyone." Gersha shrugs. "Not that I'd ever touch one myself."

She takes the business card from Obama.
"Thank you very much for the offer Mr. Senator, I will consider it with care! I would love to work for such an esteemed official."
Gersha takes a sip of her pumpkin spiced coffee.
"Oh, but I will miss having these delightful beverages all year round. Most places around these parts only serve them in the harvest season, would you believe it?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
Posts : 6684
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2015-09-13, 16:36

After a nutritious, but not all that special lunch, Director Walter called upon everyone's attention.

"Now that we've had our fill, we can get into the so called meat of the presentation," Walter said with a smile, while leading everybody back onto the weapons testing range that everyone was on earlier.

"Mrs. Elina, former Lieutenant of the Rimerian army, will be the one performing the demonstration."

A woman in her late thirties with a noticeable scar on the left side of her neck, stepped for from Thomas's dark clothed cohort. After a quick bow, she put a metallic glove upon her trigger hand and took one SP-2 off the rack. From there she aimed the weapon downrange as one with any regular firearm.

"While a wooden target would be a closer approximation to a human being with body armor, we have elected to use sheet steel to better demonstrate the effectiveness of this weapon."

Walter handed Obama and Bidden each a binocular, and from where everyone was, they could see a large 1x1 meter steel plate around 250 meters down range.

"While Mr. Obama did ask earlier about our ammunition, one of the many features that our SP-2 boasts is that it works more like a magic focus than a firearm. It does not need ammunition to function as it draws directly from the user's magic reserves, although ammunition can be used as with our SP-1."

Thomas explained as Elina stood at the ready waiting for instructions.

"Also it is possible to project many more types of spells than the typical magic arrow that our model 1 had. Elina, show them incendiary shot."

The woman named Elina quickly took a metallic cylinder from a nearby box, and plugged it into the empty slot that the SP-2 had onto of the weapon.

After a brief moment after the trigger was pulled the weapon started glowing, and a ray of light seemed to erupt forth with a whistling sound. The steel plate burst into flames upon contact, and the embers remained alight for around 5 seconds before dying down. The surface of the steel plate emerged blacked from soot, but also red hot.

"Typically flame spells would fizzle upon contact with a on flammable surface but..."

The demonstration continued for a few more interesting spell barrels not typically found to be mass produced, until it was time for the apex.

"And then, finally our SP-2 is now armed with capabilities to fire explosive bolts previously only cast-able by the most experienced battle sorcerers."

Thomas stated proudly, as Elina switched in the final barrel available in the box. Lieutenant Elina at this time was already red in the face and sweating heavily, but still she took aim.

At that very moment a distant but very loud explosion rocked facility, followed by the loud blaring of sirens all over.

"What in the world...?"

Walter asked, stunned, but quickly his question was answered.

"Sirs and madams, its a state of high alert!"

One of the guards outside quickly rushed inside carrying the news.

"Is it some sort of anarchist terrorist?"

"I, don't know."

After a few minutes, another guard came bearing dire news.

"Sirs and madams, its..." He tried to find the right words to describe what was happening, but could only say the situation.

"Its the Cadelionian fleet, they are bombarding the city."

"What?! Hows that possible?"

"I don't know sir."

Upon hearing the news there was no room for disbelief, however, and everyone rushed out towards a vantage point. At the central observatory above the Director's office everyone saw the outline of a vast fleet of warships in the distance laying waste to the land.


Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2015-09-13, 17:01

"Great Scott! Where did all those boats come from?" Gersha exclaims, holding both hands to her chest in fright. "There- there's obviously been a misunderstanding of some kind. Someone ought to tell them to stop so we can sort out the matter and figure out where they were supposed to go."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
Posts : 6684
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2015-09-13, 17:03

[Knowledge check on whether any member of the senatorial party knows about why the attack is happening]
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 2510
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by kaede on 2015-09-13, 17:08

Instead of heading to a window with her fellow employees, Eryn makes a break for the locker room to get her belongings then heads out exit.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 3256
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2015-09-13, 17:34

(Borack cannot recall any formal declaration of hostilities by Cadelion, nor any secret conspiracy between Rimeria and Cadelion to attack Panalis. Borack can surmise that it is the result of the longtime tension between Cadelion and Panalis over the claim of being the true successor to the Franglite people, and a general power struggle between two large powers over disputed territorial claims.)
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2015-09-13, 18:05

[activate Aura of Greatness]
Borack coughs and checks to make sure he has everyone's attention.
"I can't think of any reason as to why the Cadelionian would attack us, but the fact remains that we are under attack. It seems we're a fair distance away from the location that's under fire, but we need to do something about this attack before we get caught up in it. Doctor Thomas, have your staff gather some of the weapons you've been creating. We may need them in case the Cadelions invade the area. Mr. Walters, I need you find a seer. We need to contact the presidents concerning the situation that's developed and request assistance."
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 2510
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2015-09-13, 19:00

"Those are very good decisions, Mr. Senator, you are certainly a man of action. But as you said yourself the Cadelionian have no reason to attack us, none at all. Why don't we contact whoever is in charge of those ships and let them know this, so we can clear up this giant misunderstanding without any more violence? We can ask the seer, who is a dear friend of mine, to relay our message to the Cadelionian fleet."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
Posts : 6684
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2015-09-13, 19:51

"To my knowledge they have no reason to attack us, however they may be doing so for reasons unbeknownst to me. We should be careful. The Cadelionians are definitely attacking us. Sending a broadcast to them announcing that several VIPs such as Mr. Walters, Doctor Thomas, and my senatorial group are all in one location would not be the best course of action. Assuming they are hostile, which they most likely are, they will immediately set their eyes on this facility and attack us. Instead of sending a broadcast to them, do you think you could connect us with our presidents? Contacting our government and making sure they know about the situation should be our first priority. That way they can prepare for any other attacks the Cadelionians might be planning on making against our great nation."
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 2510
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2015-09-13, 20:47

(Sorry to redact you guys, but Nina there's a lot of people out there trying to get out, and there aren't telephones in this world @wayne)

"I agree with the Senator, thanks Obama. Gersha," Walter said in a hurry, "please tell Seer Markam in communications to relay our questions back to Rimeria. I do believe that the Panalis army would not let this attack just go by unchallenged, however, the fortifications here should let us remain safe for a while. Isn't it a bit extreme to pick up our stuff and just run?"

--

Eryn grabs all of her few belongings and makes a rush for the exit. Sadly great minds think alike, and the exit is already jammed packed with people who are rushing out, mostly locals who have family closer to the harbor and just want to make sure their families are fine.

In contrast with the orderly entrance in the morning, the action of everyone attempting to exit all at once has produced a blockage which has already resulted in several serious injuries. Attempting to break through could be an unpleasant experience.


Last edited by Xenoe on 2015-09-13, 22:08; edited 1 time in total
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by kaede on 2015-09-13, 20:57

Seeing the blockage at the main exit she heads the other way, mainly looking for an open area where she can see whats going on at the city.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 3256
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2015-09-13, 21:01

Eryn spies 3 tall buildings, the executive office suite, the water tower, and the warehouse.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by kaede on 2015-09-13, 21:11

She heads toward the warehouse.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 3256
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2015-09-13, 21:30

There are guards stationed at the warehouse, as the warehouse stores not only heavy machinery that people cannot steal, but small armaments and fine trinkets that people can. One of them sees Eryn coming and holds out his baton to bar her way.

"Halt. Who are you? I do not remember you being a worker here."


Last edited by Xenoe on 2015-09-13, 21:34; edited 1 time in total
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2015-09-13, 21:34

"Worry not, Mr. Senator, your secret is safe with me. I shall get right to it, Mr. Walter sir!"
Gersha hustles over to the communications center, where she has Seer Markam transmit the officials' messages to Rimeria. She also attempts to hail the Cadelion ships, with another Seer if Markam is still occupied.
"A-hem. Calling all Cadelion ships in the Lauden au Ris harbor. Can you hear me? This is Mrs. Gersha Folsom speaking on behalf of Rimeria Heavy Industries. May I speak to the man in charge of the ships? There seems to have been a dreadful mistake, you have brought all your ships here on accident, and from so far away too!"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
Posts : 6684
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2015-09-13, 21:36

"Erm, Gersha, did the Director really tell you that I should hail the Cadelionian fleet beyond the harbor? That doesn't really seem like a good idea," Seer Markam writes down both messages but looks quizzically at Folsom for the content of the second one.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by kaede on 2015-09-13, 21:38

"I work on the factory floor," she shows her time card to the guard. "I'm trying to see what caused that explosion in the distance."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 3256
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2015-09-13, 21:39

"I don't mean to suggest that we run away. This is probably one of the most secure buildings in the area. I think it'd be best if we all armed ourselves in case we come across any hostile forces that may be invading the town and have run into the facility."
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 2510
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2015-09-13, 21:46

"Of course, Markam, of course," Gersha says soothingly, "It's called 'intelligence', see? If we can find out why they came here, it will help us to figure out their plans and foil them. Perhaps I can even persuade them to stop their silly attack and leave. Wouldn't that be nice? Don't worry, Senator Obama said not to divulge his location. We won't be putting him in danger."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
Posts : 6684
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2015-09-13, 21:57

@nina
The guard looks a Eryn's time card.

"Sorry madam can't let you in, official policy," the Guard pauses and looks to the other guard doubtfully,  "what I can tell you is that the source of the explosion seems to be from artillery bombardment in the harbor. We don't know which country those ships are from though, or why they are bombing the harbor. Panalis should be at peace right now."

A constant rhythm of explosions beat out even as the conversation is on going.

"By Krov, I think the Panalis fleet is sinking!"

One guard from the upper levels rushed down to bring dire news.

--

@wayne

Markam shrugs, "they're supposed to be our allies too I guess, no harm in asking."

Markam enters a meditative state and for around a minute or two remains completely still and silent. When he once again opens his eyes he looks even more confused.

"So my message to Rimeria hasn't had a response yet, but my unencoded message to the fleet outside the harbor, I figured they didn't know our encryption, received an almost immediate reply. Here I'll write it down for you."

The transcription reads: Yes, it is indeed a misunderstanding. It was only supposed to be a friendly excursion, but the Panalis army wouldn't let us in. If only they would let us dock we could be friends once again.

"If I receive a message from Rimeria I'll tell the intern to send it over, but its been silent all until now."
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2015-09-13, 22:03

"Oh dear. Men and their foolish quarrels." Gersha shakes her head and replies with the following:
"My apologies, please excuse the rude behavior of the Panalis army. This is not how friends are supposed to treat each other, not at all. I will see what I can do about them, but in the meantime, welcome to Lauden au Ris! May I have your name and reason for visiting?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
Posts : 6684
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2015-09-13, 22:07

Markam has a funny look for a moment, but obliges Gersha's foolery.

"He says his name is Mike Hunt, and at he's here to visit is grandmother."
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by kaede on 2015-09-13, 22:08

"I don't know if I can do much, but do you know if everyone has evacuated yet?"
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 3256
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Your time is up, my time is now

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2015-09-13, 22:10

"Thank you Mr. Hunt, I hope your grandmother is doing well. But you have so many other ships full of people with you. Surely they cannot all be here to visit your grandmother!"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
Posts : 6684
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2015-09-13, 22:29

@nina
"The Panalis ships? We can't really see any individual people at this distance, although its not looking good. One ship seems to have broken in half and several more are burning all the way to the bottom of the ocean."

--

@wayne
Markam finally speaks up looking quite grim.
"I think that's enough Gersha, a reply from Rimera was relayed to me from the Rimerian embassy at Panalis, and those guys in the harbor are at war with Panalis. Here's an exact transcription of the message, if you would deliver it back to the Director."

It was a long message so Markam had to write simultaneous he was receiving the message to have a faithful replication of the entirety.

The transcription reads: At around noon a sealed letter from Queen Charlotte of Cadelion arrived on the desk of King Fredrick of Panalis, and inside was a formal declaration of war citing their ancient claim upon many territories within Panalis. Message of the attack on Lauden arrived only an hour after. Panalis is mobilizing, and has asked Rimeria for aid. Senate unanimously refused on the grounds of neutrality, but has requested protected passage back to Rimeria for citizens in Panalis, which was granted.

Blockade on Lauden has made transportation by sea difficult, take train as soon as possible out of Lauden and into either western Soris or Kamler for transportation back to Rimeria.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by kaede on 2015-09-13, 22:38

"Not the ships! The facility here, is anyone left here?"
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 3256
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2015-09-13, 22:42

"Well madam, I'm here, so if you wanna go out to dinner with me or something, OW!"

The guard who was silent all this time lifted his baton and smacked his buddy upside the head.

"Everyone is trying to leave, but to where? The Rimerians can go back to Rimeria, but we live here so there's nowhere to run. This is probably the safest place in the city beyond the army garrison." Replied the more stoic guard.

"Hey buddy, I'm a Rimerian, so I'll get you outta here if it comes to that. If you let me marry your sister we can even be in-laws, and I can get you Rimerian citizenship." The guard who got smacked on the head seemed all the more cheerful despite what was happening.


Last edited by Xenoe on 2015-09-13, 22:51; edited 2 times in total
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2015-09-13, 22:46

Gersha tsks softly. "What a shame, I would have thought a Queen would be more sensible than to start a war. I may return shortly, as Mr. Hunt needs a stern talking-to."
She takes the message back to Senator Obama, then immediately goes back to Communications and sends the following message:
"Mr. Hunt, you did not tell me that Queen Charlotte of Cadelion had declared war on Panalis. Good friends shouldn't keep information from each other, especially not about something like a war. Have you any explanation for your rudeness, Mr. Hunt?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
Posts : 6684
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2015-09-13, 22:50

Gersha hands the message to Senator Obama before rushing back to the communications room. However, it seems that Markam is nowhere to be seen. Perhaps he's packing his things and trying to catch the first train back home?
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2015-09-13, 22:54

"Ugh, where did he go? I thought I could depend on that man." Gersha finds another Seer to convey her message.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
Posts : 6684
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by kaede on 2015-09-13, 23:04

"Since you guys seem to have everything under control here, i'll go check someplace else. Have a good day gentlemen." Saying that she heads out in the direction of the executive suite.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 3256
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2015-09-14, 00:13

Borack reads the message aloud to the group.
"hmm, it looks like I missed a pretty important senate meeting. In any case, there are many Rimerian Civilians in the area of the bombing. We must help them escape the warzone."

"But Senator," Joe exclaims "It's dangerous over there. You're an important member of the senate. We cannot afford to lose you."

"Don't be a fool." Michell harshly snaps at Joe. "What do you think a government official's purpose is? We must act to save the peoples of Rimeria."

"I appreciate your concern Joe, but Michell is right. As a senator in the Rimerian goverment, I must act in this situation to save as many Rimerian lives as possible. We are also on reasonable terms with Panalis, so despite the senate's decision we must help any Panalian refugees escape to safety as well." Borack turns to the employees of the facility. "I am going down there to help any survivors of the attack escape. Those who are willing to help your fellow countryman, follow me. Any who wish to go home and escape with their families should take the train out of Lauden. Mr. Walters, I need you to tell Gersha to have the seer send a message to the town, telling them to evacuate the city via train."

Borack turns to his wife.
"I'd like you to get out of here as well, darling."

Michell stares blankly at Borack for a second before immediately slapping him in the face and crossing her arms.
"Oh hell, naw. Who tha hell do you think I am boy. If you're going to help out, I'm coming too. I know you're a big wuss, so I have to man up for you."
Joe walks closer to Borack.
"You better not ask me to leave either. I can't ditch my best bud when he's working so hard to save Rimerian lives."
"Thanks guys, I really appreciate it." Borack brings his arms around his two companions and hugs them.

The three each grab one of the new weapons, and a few clips of ammo before walking a few steps towards the stairs.
"Those who wish to help, grab an S-2 and come with me!" Borack announces before heading towards the garage where his Codillac is parked.
"Don't engage Cadelion or Panalian forces unless forced to. Our objective is only to save civilian lives."
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 2510
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2015-09-14, 01:13

@wayne

The other Seer, a Panalian woman named Raena, is none too amused by Gersha's request.

"You're asking me to do what?! I'd rather you shoot me now if you're asking me to speak banal niceties to those dishonorable scum. If it weren't for the fact that my job was of crucial importance, I would be marching along with my countrymen."

--

@nina

Eryn arrives at the executive office suite to find it half deserted, although a lone guard stands towards the interior of the entrance, she hears some deliberations in the back of the building.

"What's your business here, young lady?" Asks the guard.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by kaede on 2015-09-14, 01:59

"I'm just making sure there are no more people that have to be evacuated from the building...is something going on in there?"
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 3256
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2015-09-14, 07:33

"Good lord, I would never do such a thing!" Gersha exclaims, astonished at Raena's outburst of emotion. "I had no idea you felt that way. I cannot imagine what they could have done to you that was so wrong. It's all right, I will not ask you to speak with those ruffians if it causes you discomfort. But, if your work is so crucial, where is Seer Markam? He should be right beside you helping out."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
Posts : 6684
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2015-09-14, 11:45

@nina
"Well it seems to be a couple of bigwigs discussing something of SO much importance that it doesn't even matter if its raining bombs outside."

The guard twirls around his baton absentmindedly.

"If you want to get them to evacuate you can go try talking to them. I don't get paid enough to stop you, and I'm probably not gonna get paid anyways, once everything goes down..."

--
@wayne


"Look, as a Seer I know whats happening better than almost everyone here. I know you know those ships in our bay are Cadelionian invaders, so don't try to hoodwink me with your pleasantries."
Raena seethed hatefully.
"As for Markam... Not everyone seems to have a sense of duty and responsibility, especially not you Rimerians apparently. He's probably in the crowd of people headed out, or maybe he's still packing his things in his dormitory."
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2015-09-14, 12:44

Gersha is taken aback. "I am not trying to hoodwink you or anything like that. Don't you think things would be better if everyone was just more polite to each other? I don't suppose you can use that Seer voodoo whatsit to track Markam down. Oh well, it was nice meeting you Mrs. Raena. I hope we see each other again so we can get to know each other better."

Having said that, she goes to speak with Director Walter. "Mr. Walter, this is quite the unusual day we are having, with the offices deserted and facilities shutting down. Do you have any further need of my services, or may I take the rest of day off?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
Posts : 6684
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Xenoe on 2015-09-14, 13:30

@Kelvin

Although most in Obama's company were much less enthusiastic about heading into the crossfire just to find some random civilians who may or may not be Rimerian, Thomas is practically moved to tears by Borack's heroics.

"I never knew someone who could be so kind and selfless, I will do my best to help Mr. Senator!"

Thomas also grabs a weapon and runs out after the Obama trio.

"Hey, wait! Dylan!" Elina calls out to Thomas with no avail.

"Ugggg," she sighed as she followed out with a few more other researches in tow. The rest of the people stand almost frozen, wallowing in their own cowardice and guilt.

--

@wayne

Rather than Director Walter, Gersha first bumps into Borack and his retinue who are on their way out to go rescue civilians.

--

@nina

While Eryn is contemplating whether to go interrupt the talks, she notices a portly middle aged woman scrurying back and forth from a distant location.

Before Eryn could muster the will to go ask her the matter, however, a large entourage of armed people in suits rush out into the lobby.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 1337
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2015-09-14, 13:39

"Excuse me Mr. Senator, have you seen Director Walter? I need to know if I can sign out of work."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
Posts : 6684
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2015-09-14, 13:59

"I sent him to you with a message to deliver to the residents of the city via seer. Anyways, I need you to tell the seer to send a message to the civilians of the town saying that they should head towards the train station and leave the city. After doing so, please tell Mr. Walters that the task has been completed so that he can rest easy. Right now, we're heading towards the site of the bombardment in order to help the civilians escape. You can either join us or leave the city after you've delivered the message to the seer and found Mr. Walters."

The group continues towards the garage.
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 2510
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by kaede on 2015-09-14, 14:11

"Excuse me , is that offer to help open to everyone?" Not being able to see who said that she raises her voice so someone can hear her.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 3256
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum