Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chunky Start. Your time is now!

5 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-09-27, 15:44

Gersha scratches her head. "I'm not sure, I seem to be hearing many things that aren't there lately, like explosions and some Eprion offering to do my plumbing for me. Are you sure you're really there? And if you are, is there an Eprion plumber standing next to you?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 Empty Re: Chunky Start. Your time is now!

Post by kaede 2015-09-27, 15:46

"Sorry, where I come from we use animals for transportation. I find these vehicles and how they run very interesting."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-27, 15:59

"What? No, Gersha, I don't know any Eprion plumbers, and there is nobody standing next to me. Those explosions are quite real though."
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-09-27, 16:01

"Oh dear, it must be happening to you too. I hope its not some dreadful new illness. Here, come in and have a seat. I've got a fresh blend of exotic tea you simply must try, along with the most astonishing discovery." Gersha lets Chelsea in, sets aside a nice chair for her, and starts brewing the Vosulil tea, which will be served in adorable floral embroidered cups with matching saucers.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-27, 16:10

Gersha opens the door to see a slightly frazzled Chelsea holding two large luggage cases. She thankfully accepts Gersha's invitation before sitting down for some tea.

"Nothing like a good cup of tea after a long day, although coffee would be a little more uplifting at the moment."
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2015-09-27, 16:37

Michell continues eyeing Eryn.

Borack opens up a window.
"OK gentlemen, I understand. Are there any refugees or survivors that need help getting inland? We have a lot of space and are willing to give them a ride to safety."
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-09-27, 18:37

"That's no problem, I can brew up some coffee right after the tea. Do try it out though, I'd like to hear your opinion. Oh, would you happen to know if Josephine, Kristina, Amy, or any of our other friends are free this afternoon? I've been working on the most remarkable thing these past few days, I have, and I'd like to show everyone the results."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-27, 22:40

@kelvin

"Well aren't you the big-hearted gentleman? But orders are orders, if anyone comes out, which I'm sure there will be, you can ask them then."
--
@wayne

Chelsea sighs.

"They're already waiting in line for the next train out Gersha. I'm here to get you too, I can't leave you behind. You can show them your newest ideas aboard the train back home."

--
(some flavor narration)

Rejuvinary 14, Year 1768 E.E.

Aboard the bridge of the Cadelionian flagship, the S,R.M Invincible.

A woman who was no more than her late twenties stared through her spyglass with piercing green eyes, silent. Although not of extraordinary height, the way she carried herself seemed to elevate her several inches above even the largest person in her presence.

A single strand curly chestnut hair hung from under her plain billed cap adorned with only the crest of a lion, the rest neatly tucked away from sight. Her clothing was that of an ordinary officer uniform of Cadelion, one that would be typical of someone with the rank of Captain or below, but in no way was she subservient to anyone.

"Your majesty, is there something in particular that catches your eye?" asked a lean, but colorfully dressed woman in her mid forties.

"Nothing much, but it is good to keep vigilant at this stage," replied the green eyed woman.

The older woman nodded.

"What of the Panalese response, Admiral Fairglen?" her majesty inquired after appearing satisfied with what she saw on the opposite coast.

"The Panalese fleet went down as easily as expected, with only two cruisers suffering moderate damage, and our bombardment of Lauden au Ris is well under way."

The older woman coughed at this point as if unwilling to continue, but she did so anyways.

"The heavy coastal fortifications are proving to be as dangerous as they look, however. Our fleet cannot get much closer without suffering casualties. Furthermore, large caliber artillery pieces are being set up further down along the coastline to rebuff any potential advance from the west. As a result we can only use our one to two kilometer superiority in range to bombard the docks."

The Queen wryly smiled at Fairglen's concerns.

"Generals Wyland and Kirk will be taking care of such inconveniences for us soon, please have a little faith Admiral. In fact, I believe it will prove to be better for us in the long run the more troops they station over here."
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-09-28, 10:39

"The next train where? Rimeria?" Gersha clucks her tongue. "Chelsea, I thought you knew me better than that. Rimeria is not my home anymore. There is absolutely nothing there for me in that country to return to, nothing at all. Besides, my hard work is finally beginning to pay off here, I've got myself a house and some good silverware. I'm not giving that up just to follow the in-crowd. If you insist on leaving I'm afraid you will have to do so without me. Don't worry, I'll send you and the others postcards on the regular. Perhaps I'll even come and visit if my design proves successful."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-28, 22:34

"Gersha, Gersha, Gersha, oh Gersha. I know Rimeria is so full of heartbreak for you, but Lauden is some place you cannot stay dear."

Chelsea tenderly holds Gersha by her plump hands.

"Although I cannot go with you, I heard that Perloise is a wonderful place. Please, I implore you, just don't stay here. Its practically wild out out in the streets."

---

The Obama crew certainly did find many citizens seeking shelter, although not all are quite eager or trusting enough to get on Borack's bandwagon. Still enough were willing to take the offer that the party had work on their hands all the way until the late hours of the afternoon.

The "secure inland shelter" was actually a circled off field next to the city militia barracks, with hundreds or even thousands of shabby looking tents erected all over in dense formations. Armed militia persons kept the order as more and more families were crammed into an increasingly limited ammount of space. From what Obama has heard though, this was only one of several such establishments.

It practically made Obama's heart swell to hear the thanks of some destitute people, and it literally made Obama's petroleum bill swell as well.

Last edited by Xenoe on 2015-09-28, 22:56; edited 1 time in total
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2015-09-28, 22:55

Borack and company start heading towards the station after seeing that most the trucks are full.
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-09-29, 10:19

Gersha frowns as she takes her hands away to open her vial of calcium supplements. "Oh Chelsea, those hallucinations must be affecting your speech. Surely you did not mean to say "practically wild out out", whatever that means."
The tea kettle begins to whistle. She turns down the stove, pours the tea out in cups, and returns to her great work. "Do tell me about this Perloise place though."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-29, 14:21

"Gersha, Gersha now's not the time to be having a laugh at my stuttering. Just open up your window and you'll see what I mean. It's not a hallucination in the least bit," Chelsea accepts another cup of tea, but looks increasingly worried.

Last edited by Xenoe on 2015-09-29, 14:29; edited 1 time in total
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-09-29, 14:26

Eryn switches to another truck and  keeps a lookout for anything interesting.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 Empty It doesn't matter who she is. What matters is her plan.

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-09-29, 14:56

"Oh, that unruly racket?" She waves a hand in dismissal. "People get rowdy over the silliest things sometimes."
Suddenly Gersha twitches, her eyes blinking wide open as if something had taken possession of her. She sets aside her crochet, opens the window and shouts:
"CALM DOWN CITIZENS. NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR FEAR. THAT COMES LATER!"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-29, 15:03

A couple of people that were originally camped out in the streets turned to see Gersha opening her window in outburst, and most of them replied in obscene language not fit to be described in a family friendly game.

Seeing that it is no use, Chelsea lets out one last sigh, "Gersha, I'm sorry but I must go now. I cannot leave my family by themselves at the train station. Thanks for the tea, and take care."

With that Chelsea left as she had arrived, with only her two luggages to accompany her.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-09-29, 15:16

Before Chelsea can leave Gersha shuts the window and steps in front of the door.
"Now you just hold on there young missy. You neglected to inform me you were involving your whole family in such a bad decision. Have you been keeping up with the news at all? Rimeria's real estate pricing is quite literally through the roof, going up almost thirteen percent every year for the past five years. Thirteen percent! There's no way you can afford a place big enough to fit your entire family, not on all your salaries combined. Explain yourself!"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-29, 15:35

Chelsea stares at Gersha blankly, "Gersha, you aren't making any sense. My parents own a large house out in the country so that really doesn't matter, now does it? You should go visit yours too, they must be worried."
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-09-29, 15:38

"Yes, it does matter a great deal in fact. Since your father owns the house, he's the one in charge. By moving back there, you're giving up your own independence and returning to a patriarchy! Doesn't that matter to you? Aren't you proud of being a woman who can take care of herself?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-29, 15:46

"You're right Gersha, it did matter. Back when I was just out of secondary, that was practically the only thing I cared about, so much that I accepted a job overseas."

Chelsea shakes her head, "but now I my priorities have changed. It takes a life to live a life worth living after all."
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-09-29, 15:52

"Chelsea, your speech problem seems to be escalating, you don't need to say both "I" and "my" together. If it escalates any further I strongly recommend seeking medical attention. And what's this nonsense about life and living?" Gersha snorts. "Priorities have changed? Being able to take care of yourself is always a priority, only a fool would think otherwise. You should be ashamed of yourself, running back to Mummy and Daddy for help!"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-29, 15:55

"Gersha, stopping blocking my way," Chelsea seemed too tired to a argue any more, "it doesn't matter to me."
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-09-29, 16:00

Gersha faces her down with a stern glare. "Well it should matter, and very dearly! For Pete's sake, your poor parents shouldn't be forced to take care of you for the rest of their lives. And what are you going to do after that? That's your problem Chelsea, you never stop to think these things through! It seems your parents couldn't teach you that, so you're definitely not going to learn anything by going back. Yes, much better for you to stay."

Last edited by Corenat Rovarnus on 2015-10-01, 10:15; edited 1 time in total
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-29, 16:02

"I decide what is good for me Gersha," Chelsea proceeds to ignore Gersha and reach for the doorknob behind Gersha.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-09-29, 16:13

Gersha backs up against the closed door, slapping Chelsea's hand away with her own plump counterpart.
"Anh anh anh, now that right there is your problem young lady," Gersha lectures sternly. "You don't get to decide whether something is good or bad. You fancy yourself Krov reborn all of a sudden? Nonsense! There are good things, and there are bad things, and you are choosing the bad thing, you understand? I don't want to hear another peep out of you until you realize your mistake and fetch your family back from the train station like the mature adult I know you can be."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-29, 16:23

"Well you need to let me leave for me to fetch my family back from the station Gersha, unless you want to do it for me," Chelsea is starting to sound like she's having a hard time staying civil.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-09-29, 16:33

Gersha's frown immediately dissipates. "Oh, I'd be delighted to help you out with that! I'll even lighten some of the load for you by taking this back to your place." She picks up one of Chelsea's luggage bags.
"Just repeat these words back to me, and you can get right to it: "I am a strong, independent capable woman, who doesn't need a patriarchy to tell me what to do. My future is in my own hands." Can you say that?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-29, 16:40

Chelsea sadly smiles for a moment, "of course I can Gersha."

She repeats it while opening the door for Gersha.

"Now lets get going."
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-09-29, 16:43

Gersha prevents Chelsea from reaching the doorknob again. "No no no, that had no enthusiasm at all. Once more, with feeling!"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-29, 16:48

Chelsea practically sings it in the tune of a well known song.
"Is that alright Gersha?"
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-09-29, 16:49

"Have I ever talked to you about your terrible taste in music? If I did, you clearly didn't listen. Say it again like you mean it!"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-29, 16:59

"Alright Gersha, please say it like YOU mean it and I'll follow suit. Clearly I do not understand what meaning it is like."
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-09-29, 18:36

"Very well." Gersha enunciates each word slowly, carefully, and with assertive force. She does not sing or let a hint of sorrow touch her words. "I am a strong, independent capable woman, who doesn't need a patriarchy to tell me what to do. My future is in my own hands."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-29, 18:43

"You know what, Gersha? I just realized something." Chelsea dramatically pauses for effect.
"I am a strong, independent capable woman, who doesn't need a MATRIARCHY to tell me what to do either. Of course my future is in my own hands."
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-09-29, 18:46

"Very good," Gersha nods approvingly, "You really meant it that time. But you changed a few words around, so it doesn't quite count. Say it with that same gusto, except with 'patriarchy' instead of 'matriarchy'."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-29, 18:52

"Oh, Gersha, I hope you realize what taking it to my own hands means. You have really inspired me to do this, I'm sorry."

With that the last thing Gersha saw before hitting the ground was Chelsea's palms in her face. Thud, it really hurt. Good thing for her skull that Gersha took her calcium.

In the moment between Gersha's recovery Chelsea picks up both her luggage bags and storms out the door.

Last edited by Xenoe on 2015-09-29, 19:39; edited 2 times in total
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 Empty She's trying to grab her prize

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-09-29, 19:05

"Oof! Of all the-" Gersha scrambles to her feet and screeches after Chelsea. "It's "into my own hands", not to!"
Gersha simply cannot tolerate this amount of rudeness and speech mistakes. No, it won't do at all to let her dearest friend get away with this nonsensical behavior. She must be set straight. She must be set straight.
Veins throbbing on her face and arms, Gersha locks the door from the outside, and gives chase to a very misguided young lady. [Running!]
"YOU GET BACK HERE RIGHT THIS INSTANT YOUNG MISSY! YOU REFUSED OUR OFFER IN FAVOR OF THEIRS! I HAVE TO FIND OUT WHAT YOU TOLD THEM ABOUT US!!"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-30, 14:01

Gersha catches up within arms reach to Chelsea in the middle of the second story stairwell.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-09-30, 14:12

Gersha grabs onto Chelsea by the arm that holds the luggage. "You owe me much more than an apology for that! Maybe even ten apologies and treating me to ice cream! If you weren't my friend I would have called the police on you already. No, you can't be seen in public with this level of rudeness! I will have to set you straight right here myself!"
She drags Chelsea back to her home. "Now apologize to me, and say the words right this time!"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-30, 16:55

Chelsea struggles back, "Gersha, stop this foolery at once!"
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by testuser 2015-09-30, 16:55

The member 'Xenoe' has done the following action : Dice Roll\'d

'fudge' :
Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 MMe0ojR Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 Lvkidm6 Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 MMe0ojR Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 MMe0ojR Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 MMe0ojR Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 8fmoHpZ

testuser
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-30, 18:22

It was a perfectly matched contest of strength, but sadly in such situations gravity decides the victor. Chelsea loses her footing, dragging Gersha down with her.

(Gersha's reaction and grip on railing, Gersha's grip on Chelsea)

Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by testuser 2015-09-30, 18:22

'fudge' :
Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 8fmoHpZ Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 MMe0ojR Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 8fmoHpZ Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 8fmoHpZ Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 MMe0ojR Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 Lvkidm6 Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 MMe0ojR Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 8fmoHpZ Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 Lvkidm6 Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 8fmoHpZ Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 8fmoHpZ Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 8fmoHpZ

testuser
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-30, 18:24

Gersha's fast reaction thankfully allowed her to grab the railing, and her grip upon Chelsea also survived the sudden increase in downwards force.

(Chelsea's luck)
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by testuser 2015-09-30, 18:24

'fudge' :
Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 MMe0ojR Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 Lvkidm6 Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 MMe0ojR Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 MMe0ojR Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 8fmoHpZ Chunky Start. Your time is now! - Page 4 Lvkidm6

testuser
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-30, 18:27

But alas it was not enough to prevent Chelsea from slamming face first into the stairs. It was upon that impact that Chelsea's body went limp.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-09-30, 19:38

"You're the fool here! Oof!" Gersha catches her breath from the near miss, then tugs on Chelsea's hand. "Chelsea? Come on, let's go. Chelsea?"
Gersha lets go of Chelsea's hand, which rapidly drops along with what it was formerly holding. She quickly catches the luggage, but Chelsea's prone form slides down a few more steps.
"Oh dear." Gersha shakes her head and lets loose a few tsks. "I warned you about stairs sister. I told you dog."
She scratches her head, wondering why she said that last word. Oh well. Gersha drags the luggage and Chelsea back into her residence, singing a cheerful song to help herself calm down.
"Let it go, let it go, can't hold me back anymore. Let it go, let it go, turn away and slam the door."
She doesn't actually slam the door, but closes it gently and shifts the deadbolt into place.
She then rummages through Chelsea's luggage and clothing, looking for keys, lipstick, jewelry, eye shadow and other such valuables.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-30, 23:28

The guard at the lower level clearly sees what is happening and yells for Gersha to stop as Gersha is dragging Chelsea's limp body into her apartment.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-09-30, 23:33

"It's all right, Mr. Jones!" Gersha calls back. "Chelsea just had a little fainting spell, some strong tea will fix her right up!"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-09-30, 23:45

"There's bloody blood on the staircase, you expect me to believe that?" Mr. Jones grabs his first aid kit and runs up the stairs.
"Injuries happen, but they get worse if just let be. Open up the door, I need to treat her at once."
He says while knocking on the door.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next