Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filthy Xenos Adventures in Space

4 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Filthy Xenos Adventures in Space - Page 4 Empty Re: Filthy Xenos Adventures in Space

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-23, 00:26

"'Firsa lets out a little chuckle at all these suggestions for first officer. 'I appreciate your help, but the first officer of an eldar ship is always an eldar. I'm ambivalent on the matter, but the souls of Tanurom would be rather upset if a non-eldar were to be in charge. You are welcome to vote, but the nominees must be eldar.

Now, on the note of getting this ship to full combat capabilities, the possibilities for doing so the traditional way are unfortunately unavailable. Given the circumstances, I am open to some... experimentation. Anyone, including orkz, humans, and necrons, is welcome to join an engineering team, the goal of which will be to find a solution that gets Tanurom back into fighting form. Spread the word, we'll need all the creativity and know how this ship has to offer.'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 2

Back to top Go down

Filthy Xenos Adventures in Space - Page 4 Empty Re: Filthy Xenos Adventures in Space

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-23, 00:41

"Wot bout konvertin dis 'ting into a krooza? We kud get a big red button 'nd a all sortsa extra thrustas. Ya it'd be excitin!"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-23, 01:08

Frecka chimes in with a croaked voice "If we found some tech-priests they could surely convert the Eldar devices to use by man. A couple of servitors would go a long ways too if you so desire a totally loyal crew."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-23, 01:48

"'I agree, the possibilities are exciting. The new first officer will oversee the actions and formation of this task force. I trust the combined minds of this vessel will come up with a fitting solution. As much as I'd like to tend to the matter myself, making use of Borges' general invitation to her library is my top priority right now.'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-23, 02:15

"The offer still stands for me to assist you Captain." replies Quintilus
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-23, 02:17

"'In that case, I graciously accept. Have you made a decision about the library and Aten yet?'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-07-23, 07:51

Lost deep, deep in thought, almost asleep some might say, Aten finally awakes. "I agree that it would not be fitting for me to take a place in the hierarchy of this ship. I already have allegiance enough. However, I would be honored to see what modifications I could make to the Tanurom to make her more usable at this time. I believe I am the only technician actually trained in starship design, as well as proficient in wraithbone, on board right now. Despite the humans' misgiving, I request to take the lead on the re-engineering process. We can complete an initial survey while you finish your research, Captain. This is all of course asssuming that I am still barred from the library."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-23, 11:10

"'I imagine your technical talents are considerable, Aten. If you would be so kind as to join the task force, I'm sure the ship would benefit, and it would certainly save me the hassel of trying to get you into the library. However, you would do well to remember that I appointed' what's the new first officer's name? 'as leader of the project, so in my absence they have final say over any and all modifications."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-07-23, 12:09

"I was not aware that we had yet elected a new officer. Who are the candidates in question? We are to choose between 50 some eldar for our nominees?"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-23, 12:23

Dubshredda whispers to Aten "Yar, wun who'll jus up 'nd die az fast az da first wun."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-23, 12:31

Tristan tries to clarify with his Godhammer 40M group. "The idea was that electing the first officer happened before the possible jobs briefing. Firsa was being polite by inviting you to vote, but seeing as you don't know the other eldar on the ship very well, it's just a formality. The pilots and the honor guard would have talked and debated among themselves for a little bit and then voted on whoever they thought was the best."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-23, 12:43

"Wit all due stuff Fur-sha, wat point dere be in makin a hub-ub bout yer boyz? Ya ain't da boss of me 'nd dis 'ere tin 'ead reportz ta da shiny walky bit."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-23, 13:52

"'The first officer serves a vital role on an eldar ship. If the captain is the head of the ship, then the first officer are it's hands. While I come up with the plans, it is the first officer who puts those plans into motion. Operating an eldar vessel is a complicated affair. Without a competent first officer, it would require my full attention, which I simply can't afford. The first officer is also the de facto captain should I become unable to lead.

In any case, you needn't worry about this 'pointy eared' business. Go around with Aten and see if you can think of some ways to help out the ship.'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-23, 13:54

"Mmm... I go fight me boyz. Make em remembah who'z da boss."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-23, 14:21

[It should be pointed out that none of the pilots are particularly willing to take over the now deceased Zuensyr's position because of the absolute craziness and near impossible nature of getting the plethora of species to listen. None of the Eldar have stepped forward and it's fallen more to a situation of who gets thrown under the bus]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-23, 15:25

With the meeting adjourned Firsa, Quintilus, and some of his retinue travel back to Borges' library. Once there they begin reading through the tomes (more like Quinitilus and company read and Firsa listens while probably acting crazy). The first tome that is read is the one title "Vuloir." The "tome" isn't so much a novel but a journal and a series of field notes written by someone unknown who explored the planet. Judging by the manner in which it is written it was likely a Imperial xenobiologist surveying the local population to check tech levels and whether the planet could be colonized. What you find out is that the Vuloir home planet is located within the habitable zone of the sun Ulicron-715-Zeta, or U715Z for short as it is further referenced in the journal, but it does not detail stellar coordinates. What it does detail is that the Vuloir are a silicate species along with the majority of life on their planet with two pairs of arms, nomadic lifestyle, and technological dependent on wreckage from ships crashed on the surface from ages past. The researcher who was overseeing the survey couldn't identify the origin of the technology but describes the sites they loot from to be made of black crystalline structures with a rather unnatural aura surrounding them. Not wanting to risk angering the local Vuloir by desecrating their holy sights the surveyor didn't investigate further. It is detailed that the majority of the Vuloir populations live using stone age level of technology but that their leaders, or shamans as best can be described, handle these alien devices and consider their workings magical and divine. Further details explain how the planet would be unsuitable for colonization but could prove useful for mining resources due to the presence of some rare materials present.

The next book that you read through is the one on Ciaphus Cain and details his life and greatness of his deeds. It speaks about how he was born amongst the Schola Progenium and graduated top of his class in every area. The book goes into great detail of his expertise with a blade and his uncountable act of courage and bravery that make him a prime example of the greatness of mankind. In later chapters it tells of how he always served with the greatest of distinction and was always overjoyed to bring justice to those who would harm humanity. Overall the tome is a compilation of Ciaphus Cains life and purportedly is his own work that has been arranged into a novel to inspire Imperial citizens.

The third and final tome which only bears a strange symbol of a three headed snake contains some strange information. Within it details the outfitting of several types of Imperial guard regiments from the armored regiments to the purely infantry ones. It later goes on to talk about the Imperial Navy from its officer structure to the organization of fleets and how they often patrol about their designated segmentum. The later chapters mainly focus on the relation between the Imperial Guard and the Imperial Navy when it comes to war and how it oftentimes is reminiscent of the old Imperial Army millennium ago and how the split may not have been as complete as originally thought. Overall the tome comes off as a educational tome on the mannerism in which the massive Imperial war machine goes about its buisiness
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-23, 15:43

"After many hours of intense study, Firsa turns towards Quintilus. 'Do you know who curates Borges' impressive collection? Whoever it is, even if it's Borges herself, I'd like to speak with them about the book on Ciaphus Cain."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-23, 15:45

Quintilus looks up from another tome and says "I believe Borges purchases the books and her servants maintain them. I wouldn't know as usually only Borges herself is allowed in here."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-23, 15:47

"'I imagine the illustrious Captain Borges is busy with some important matter or another. Let's see if we can't coax one of those lovely servants in here.'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-23, 15:50

Try as you might you find no sign of Borges' cloned servants in the vicinity of the library
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-23, 16:23

"'Hmm, no servants to be found. How would you recommend I leave the good captain a message where she'll notice it, but won't be too bothersome?' Firsa asks Quintilus."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-07-23, 17:30

Aten goes to see if he can repair the damage done by the bomb in the Armory.

Lae'orenar mutters something about, "...farce of a representative democracy..."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-23, 18:17

"I wouldn't know Captain, I almost never spoke with or had dealings with the Captain directly." he responds

Aten sets about repairing damages to the armory and probably by the time Firsa returns it's repaired to functionality
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-23, 18:42

Dubshredda searches the ship for Frecka. After some furious wandering about the Eldar hull Dubshredda finds his quarry and hypes himself for his incoming display of rage and malice. He steps up to Frecka, taps her on the shoulder and begins speaking: "Bandage 'umie. Remembah wen ma tin 'eaded friend gave you a gift?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-23, 22:00

"'In that case we are done for the day. Hopefully Frecka will know a good way to get in contact with the good captain. Otherwise, Aten may know the answers to what I seek.'

Back on the ship, Firsa finds Aten and summarizes the results of the research so far. She asks if he knows anything about Ulicron-715-Zeta, or Ciaphus Cain."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-23, 22:06

The poor astropaths who wants nothing to do with it is basically forced into the bionic modifications and much sadness from her ensues
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-23, 23:55

Using his stores of knowledge Aten recalls information on the planet and Ciaphus Cain. He is unable to recall the exact location of the planet but does manage to remember where the Zeta sector is; at the very edge of the halo stars close to intergalactic space. You can also recall that it is in the direction of the space hulk that Dubshredda mentioned. As to Ciaphus Cain everything in the book matches what Aten knows about him. That he was a peerless soldier and great combatant always willing to do his duty to the humans Emperor
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-24, 00:19

"'Aten, you never cease to impress. As soon as we're ready to leave port, we'll see what we can make of that space hulk, then it's on to search for 500 Vuloir. What's the status of the engineering task force? What options do we have and how long will they take? Perhaps we could salvage the space hulk to help with raw materials. As for Ciaphus Cain, I can't imagine the humble book I read in Borges' library to be the item Trazyn wanted, but Borges may have a clue to where I might find the complete memoirs. She must have acquired the book somehow. In any case, that exchange can be made via astropath when I send in my first report to her. I think I'm about ready to get out of here, what do you think?'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-24, 06:26

Dubshredda continues his intimidation: "WELL IF YA DON'T PUT IT ON 'EEZ GONNA BE REL SAD. SO SAD DAT YOUR ROOM GONNA 'MAGIK-ALLY' BE RIGHT IN DA MIDDLE OF DA LOWER DECKS. AZ DEY SAY, WEN IN TANU-MOR DRESS DO LIKE TANU-MORS!"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-07-24, 07:41

Aten finds Dubshredda and intervenes. "It's all right Dubshredda. She's already accepted my kind and generous gift. As you can see, she wears it proudly, and gratefully."

He then speaks to Firsa. "The task force, also still inexplicably bereft of a leader, has initiated multiple plans of attack. I managed to convince Dubshredda to focus on modifying the torpedo tubes, so that we would be able to control them without the use of the Infinity Circuit. I believe they are less valuable than your peerless Eldar lances. In addition, I believe I have determined a way to remove the necessity of the Infinity Circuit. Do not be alarmed! We would not damage the souls in any way. This would simply allow our ship to be crewed in the usual way, by any ork or necron or human. This procedure would take, at most, two months once we've gathered the necessary materials. I believe a space hulk would be the perfect place to mine all of the control panels and wiring necessary."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-24, 08:12

Dubshredda remarks: "If we gunna make diz ship wort anytin den we gunna needz a greenskin crew ta work da improove-mants. 'Nd I'm gunna need dat ork krew ta run da weaponz."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-24, 10:09

"'Do we need more orkz than we already have? Should we make a stop at that orky planet you mentioned?'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-24, 10:22

"Da boyz I got wit me be gud fer fightin, GREAT fer fightin fer dat matta. But dey ain't no meks 'nd dey ain't no spacefare-erz. Shud be eazy ta skoop up orks wit da loor 'nd draw of Kaptin DUBSHREDDA!"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-24, 10:30

"'Then it seems like the most sensible plan is to stop by the ork planet, gather up some new techies, then make our way over to the space hulk. I'm sure there will be absolutely no trouble, and Tanurom will be back to fighting order in a jiffy.'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-07-24, 21:42

Aten sidles up to Firsa and speaks in Eldar.

"How confident are you in filling this ship with Orks? We will not require a full crew for at least another month. I hypothesize that will be the time required to reach our destination and begin gathering materials. Perhaps we should make a more balanced crew, to represent the current makeup. Not that I am prejudiced against Orks, but they tend to be hard to control, and since you have already lost in a battle against their Captain, you have no power over them."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-24, 23:46

"'Aten, you seem confident that removing the infinity circuit will go smoothly. It is important to come up with a temporary solution that renders Tanurom combat ready, but these solutions should be just that, temporary. With your proposed plan, would it ever be possible to reintegrate the infinity circuit?'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-07-25, 01:29

"Absolutely. We are simply hardwiring in consoles to operate the ship normally. It might require a troop of Eldar engineers, but reintegration of the Infinity Circuit is quite practical."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-25, 10:20

"Firsa breathes a gigantic sigh of relief. 'Excellent, then I have no reservations. There is still the matter of finding a crew. I'm going to have to accept the fact that no group we find will have the natural talent of eldar voidfarers, nor millennia of experience contained within the infinity circuit.

I suppose we could ask Trazyn to supply us with a necron crew. After all, it's in his best interest for Tanurom to operate at full potential. I don't think orkz would be able to operate the ship, and the humans we could get with our resources would probably be laughably incompetent. What do you suggest?'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-07-25, 11:49

Aten is pleased that Firsa has reconsidered. "I would be pleased to act as your intermediary with Trazyn. I cannot guarantee that he will say yes; Trazyn is fickle. It will most likely depend on his emotions on the day of our meeting. I am hopeful nonetheless."

Lae'orenar asks Desilco, "Is Solemnance in the same direction as Zeta Sector and the space hulk?"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-25, 12:05

"No it is perpendicular to it"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-25, 12:06

"Can we contact Tranzyn by astropath?" asks Tristan.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-25, 12:10

"Trazyn has no astropaths. Most Necron communication is done by long distance messages in real space or physical messengers."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-07-25, 12:54

"Returning to Solemnance may not be the fastest way, but I think it will be safer in the end. A full necron crew will give us capabilities far beyond most human crews."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-25, 13:03

"'I'm sure you would be very pleased to have tens of thousands of necrons aboard my ship" Firsa smiles wryly. 'Then again, it would work against your interest of pleasing Trazyn to initiate a hostile take over. Of course, that restraint vanishes once we've completed enough of the list to satisfy Trazyn. What do you think Aten? I trust you, sure, but I'm not an idiot. I'll only go this route if I can be sure to have some fail-safe in place against your possible betrayal.'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-07-25, 14:01

"I would hope that you already have fail-safes prepared in the case of my, or anyone else's possible betrayal.  It is the only way you can be a safe and reliable captain.  Besides, I doubt you would trust any offer I gave you.  A fail-safe is useless if it is suggested by its target."

Aten pauses for a minute, pondering, but then continues speaking. "However, if you do require collateral, there are certainly items that I might offer you. Although my practical possessions are rather limited, I can put in your power a lock of my children's hair."

Carefully, Aten pulls a small lock of hair, with blond and brown intertwined strands, from a secret pocket in his cape. "This is all that remains of my children. 65 million years ago they were slaughtered in the War in Heaven. Let me be clear, I would never give you this. I am merely putting it into your safekeeping once we get a full Necron crew."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-25, 14:53

"'I applaud you Aten, a very practical solution indeed. Of course, you could be lying about the importance of this item, but I trust that this means a lot to you. I'll do my very best to keep it safe if we acquire necron crew and you have to hand it over.

It's decided then, we make a stop back in Solemnance and request some necron aide from Trazyn. It's only fitting that a Lord of the Nefru Dynasty have a little more to his name than a handful of soldiers.' Firsa beams at Aten, then walks towards her quarters. It's been a rough couple days, but things are finally starting to look up."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-25, 17:18

"Fur-sha, send me ta WAAAGH! Bloodwrench. Us orkz 'ave no bizznezz wit da tin 'eadz. I needz to gatha boyz all ovar again 'nd a WAAAGH! iz a betta place 'den any. Jus' drop me off 'nd I'll do me, ya 'ear?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-25, 17:20

"Firsa turns around and looks up at Dubshredda. 'I suppose it has been quite some time since you and your boyz have gotten any good exercise. I'd be happy to drop you off. You kidz enjoy yourselves!'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-25, 19:48

And just like that the course is set. With the destination of planet Plaxus the Navigator Quinilus goes about his business of plotting a course through the warp. Before the Tanorum goes about it's undocking protocols Quintilus sends all key personnel a message that it will take approximately twenty days in warp to reach the planet and its system and that he believes it to be a relatively safe trip through the warp.

As the Tanorum gets underway you receive a message from Borges directed to Captain Firsa. It reads the following:

"Captain Firsa, I'm told that you will be leaving the comforts of my station very soon on further ventures into the void. I am writing this to you to wish you good luck and ask you to watch over my property I have sent along with you. As for future plans I will be spending the next decade gathering support and conquering other pirate lords to build my fleet. I expect you to do what you can to repay my gifts to you and you will receive a message in ten Terran years time detailing where I expect you to meet up with my new fleet. Happy hunting Captain, and remember, I'm always able to find you."

With the message delivered the Tanorum activates its warp drives and descends into the immaterium. Quinitlus successfully locates the Astronomicon and the ancient vessel begins its journey through the hellish dimension. Among the crew it is visibly noticeable that the entire population is on edge in this dimension and there are reports of whispers and other strange phenomena aboard the ship. You all have this time to do what you will.

[I will post again is one hour to allow people to say what they wish to do. If you have not posted I will presume you are resting and otherwise doing nothing of consequence.]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-07-25, 20:51

Aten will make sure that his men are well organized into the standard peace-keeping groups that he has alreday established. They are focusing on keeping the orks in the lower levels and keeping the humans from poking their noses into anything too important (and possibly dangerous). Any additional free time will be spent plotting out specifics for the massive modifications to come and working on his book.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next