Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni [VN - English]

+8
M. Ainsel
The Lord Kelvin
Skraal
nullset12
kattanakitten
ZedSlayer
kaede
Corenat Rovarnus
12 posters

Go down

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni [VN - English] Empty Umineko no Naku Koro Ni [VN - English]

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-01-14, 05:43

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni (うみねこのなく頃に, When the Seagulls Cry, SEACATS TROLLOLOLOLOLOL)
The second series of "Sound Novel" Visual Novel by Ryukishi07 of 07th Expansion, originally a dojin group like TYPE-MOON.
The Witch Hunt, a totally awesome translation group dedicated to Umineko, has graciously offered a digital download purchase link(or dvd ordering if you are so inclined) of the original Japanese VN along with their translation patch. They are that awesome. It's pretty cheap too, get it here: http://secure.hobibox.net/umineko/catalog.php

Alternatively you can get my copy that's prepatched and everything: CarbineClip >> Umineko 4 English >> umineko4, 8 parts
Support 07th expansion if you're not a poorfag though :(
Umineko no Naku Koro Ni [VN - English] 161xma11
07th Expansion Presents...Welcome to Rokkenjima. "When They Cry 3" The third novel in the When They Cry series.

HURRRK.....SLEEPY...WILL WRITE SUMMARY LATER.....UUURH....
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni [VN - English] Empty Re: Umineko no Naku Koro Ni [VN - English]

Post by kaede 2011-01-14, 13:42

For those who can't convert yen Episodes 1-4 cost around $31 american dollars while 5-7 cost around $21 cheaper then the stuff mangagamer puts out and it's untranslated meaning things aren't taken out.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni [VN - English] Empty Re: Umineko no Naku Koro Ni [VN - English]

Post by ZedSlayer 2011-01-15, 17:04

It looks like Battler is about to get gangbanged by the Stakes

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse BS
AwesomeSauce : -6

Back to top Go down

Post by kattanakitten 2011-01-15, 17:18

I'm happy to see that your reading Larry

kattanakitten
Griefer
Griefer

ProZ Degrees: When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-01-16, 05:37

Yes you'd like that wouldn't you larry, but Umineko is completely non-H. aside from the occasional innuendo....which was a lot more common in Higurashi...
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-01-24, 00:15

Just have a quick question does Umineko 4 have all the episodes (1-4) or is it only episode 4 ?

Just asking because I wana read all of this series and dont wana have to hunt for all the parts.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2011-01-24, 01:53

It's one through four I think

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse BS
AwesomeSauce : -6

Back to top Go down

Post by kattanakitten 2011-01-24, 07:49

Yes Nina it does, if you can find 4 you shouldn't have to search for any of the earlier ones

kattanakitten
Griefer
Griefer

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2011-01-24, 08:37

And this is on mediafire or will i have to search for it
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-01-24, 12:08

Father Kimiyoshi says: Please read carefully my dear Shion-san, this is Rokkenjima, not our hometown. Tread lightly, and take care.

tl;dr: Yes It's on mediafire, path was in the post, read carefully dumbo we usin' new notation
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-01-24, 13:32

Ok so the one on media fire does have 1-4. Ok thanks for answering.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-01-24, 14:06

Yeah with Higurashi since it came first all the answer arcs are separate and i had to hunt them down one by one, but at the production of Umineko they finally decided to start packing all episodes together in one under the name of the latest episode. So my Umineko Episode 7 right now has 5, 6, and 7.
Also, Higurashi Kai(answer arcs) has NO wrap parties(All Cast Review session in MangaGamer terms), but Umineko has not 1 but TWO tea parties for each episode. Yay.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-02-26, 09:38

I tried to extract the mediafire download but I got this error message:

! C:\Users\*******\Documents\Source Files\Umineko No Naku Koro Ni Source Files\Umineko4.part06.rar: CRC failed in Umineko4\BGM\Ä©èyëÇ.ogg. The file is corrupt

I redownloaded all of the RAR source files and tried again, and got the same message. The English patch won't work without that missing file. What should I do?
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

AwesomeSauce : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2011-02-26, 09:45

the uploader needs to reupload the files, whose mediafire did you download it from?
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-02-26, 11:35

The one in the OP.
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-02-26, 18:32

So should I send him a PM then?
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by M. Ainsel 2011-02-26, 19:19

Just ask Rika-chan. [click for an answer]
|
|
\/
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Undergrad, When They Cry Undergrad
AwesomeSauce : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2011-02-27, 14:16

Who is skraal?
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-02-27, 16:58

Looking at personal infoz, I think its one of the sophomores.
Care to introduce yourself?
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-02-27, 17:58

What do you mean?
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2011-02-28, 15:11

Typically we introduce ourselves when we join a forum? Most of us here are from a school in maryland. Care to introduce yourself?
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-02-28, 16:05

Oh, sorry.
Hi my name is Matt.
I am a high school sophomore, but I live in Canada, not Maryland.
Do you have to go to that school to be part of this forum?
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-02-28, 16:33

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni [VN - English] Halolz-dot-com-teamfortress2-nope.avi-obama-poster
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2011-02-28, 16:49

Hello matt. Have fun exploring the forums and expect to get trolled by several of our members here (cough cough kevindakilla). You don't have to be part of the school just don't get confused if we refer to eachother by different names cause we all know eachother.
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kattanakitten 2011-02-28, 17:08

Hello Matt welcome to the forums, where in canada do you live?

kattanakitten
Griefer
Griefer

Back to top Go down

Post by M. Ainsel 2011-02-28, 17:10

You cannot fool me, Matt. You've come down from the top of the sword coast to start invading the warm-bloods with your Skraal buddies.

Lol

Hi Matt, I'm Michael. I run the TableTop RPGaming section (as you can see I'm a huge D&D/Pathfinder nerd).
How'd you find our forum by the way? It's cool to know people are finding it and joining it.
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Undergrad, When They Cry Undergrad
AwesomeSauce : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-02-28, 18:10

Hi everyone, thanks for being so welcoming. I live in Ontario, about an hour or two's drive from the border. I found this forum by searching for the Higurashi and Umineko VNs on google, and I thought that you guys seems like interesting people so I joined the forum to ask a question about the mediafire download, and maybe to discuss the VNs once I had finished them.

And the fact that I share a name with a D&D race is completely a coincidence. I made up this name in 2004 for my game accounts by misspelling the name of an animal from neopets, the skarl (I was 9 years old, I stopped playing it a long time ago). I was quite surprised when I started reading D&D material a few years ago and found about them.

I haven't played pathfinder, but it looks interesting. I'll start reading the books, but I doubt that I'll find anyone to play with up here...
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2011-03-04, 16:07

Cool, always nice to see new people on the forum.

You can always get the basic pathfinder knowledge (includes the bestiary, GM guide, Core Rulebook and Advanced players guide) at the prd here : http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

So you also read when they cry works huh? (Personally, I don't read, but just about everyone else here does).
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2011-03-04, 17:18

Skraal wrote:Hi everyone, thanks for being so welcoming. I live in Ontario, about an hour or two's drive from the border. I found this forum by searching for the Higurashi and Umineko VNs on google, and I thought that you guys seems like interesting people so I joined the forum to ask a question about the mediafire download, and maybe to discuss the VNs once I had finished them.

And the fact that I share a name with a D&D race is completely a coincidence. I made up this name in 2004 for my game accounts by misspelling the name of an animal from neopets, the skarl (I was 9 years old, I stopped playing it a long time ago). I was quite surprised when I started reading D&D material a few years ago and found about them.

I haven't played pathfinder, but it looks interesting. I'll start reading the books, but I doubt that I'll find anyone to play with up here...
Welcome to the forum Skraal! It's always nice to meet others who share our interests. I personally don't read Higurashi or Umineko, but I may start them soon. The only VN I've read so far is Fate/Stay Night, but I'm hoping to find some time to read more after my summer work.

Please excuse the site's appearance at the moment; we're transitioning into a new theme, which will probably look even better than the old one. Our boards will still be functioning, so don't hesitate to post. Enjoy yourself!
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Master
AwesomeSauce : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Capitalist Pig 2012-01-26, 01:46

answer arcs uploaded pl0x?
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : -11

http://fakku.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2012-01-26, 07:34

Capitalist Pig wrote:anything
no
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by norge3933 2012-02-07, 20:13

Hi, I'm new to here, my name is Jordan, and I'm in high school (Just a freshman) and I live in Colorado. I love anime and Manga (starting VNs too) and Umineko and Higurashi are two of my all time favorites! I found this forum by accident, but since you all semed so nice, I decided to join! Nice to met you all!

norge3933
n00b
n00b

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2012-02-07, 21:02

Welcome to the forum Jordan! I am Nina and I'm the person in charge of...(looks at the sections)...Forum games? Wow that's a dead section...anyway welcome to the forum. Were a pretty laid back bunch that is spread across the country (two or three of us is in California one is in Ontario the rest are in Maryland) who don't do much on here besides talk to one another about stuff and play various games either using the forum using the forum (we are currently in the middle of a game called Heavens Feel based on the visual novel Fate/Stay Night) or through steam or irc. (steam is kinda dead last i looked though)

We also have a kind of sister forum that you can look into if you like the nasuverse (Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime, Kara no Kyoukai, etc.) called rulebreaker where they have various games like the holy grail war, vampire hunt, and recently dawn of worlds. If you are interested in playing a few RPG games you can check it out here.

If you have any questions feel free to either send a PM to anyone with a blue, red or dark green name or just create a topic in the acidemix section. And again welcome to the forum enjoy your stay.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2012-02-07, 22:20

Hi Jordan, and welcome to our forum! My name is Matt (but since that name also happens to be Nina's brother's name, you should probably just call me Skraal to avoid confusion). I have the small distinction of being the only member of the forum who lives in Canada. (The word filter censors that word Cana dian for some reason...) I found this place the same way you did (I was a bit older then though), and as you probably have read already, I also introduced myself in this thread. I hope that you enjoy your time here!
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2012-02-07, 22:34

Char has left got forum so you can be called matt again.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2012-02-07, 22:39

Who's the Grail War supervisor then?
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2012-02-07, 22:47

norge3933 wrote: I found this forum by accident, but since you all semed so nice, I decided to join!
Ahahahahaaha we are all really nice people, especially me! Welcome! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Skraal wrote:Who's the Grail War supervisor then?
Asian Chuck Norris
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down