Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2017 Ahoi)

3 posters

Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2017 Ahoi) Empty The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2017 Ahoi)

Post by Zhu Yang 2017-10-17, 19:12

Rick Flair, Thomas the Tank Engine, Shrek: all these marvelous creatures and more await you in the incredible Nordic-inspired world of Skyrim.

The fifth installment in the Eldar Scroll's series, Skyrim is the eponymous province in which your player character, the Dragonborn, sets out for adventure.

Skyrim was released in 2011, but retains a strong player base due to the creative communities that have developed around modding the base game.

Last edited by Zhu Yang on 2017-10-18, 00:44; edited 1 time in total
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Master
AwesomeSauce : 9

Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2017 Ahoi) Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2017 Ahoi)

Post by Zhu Yang 2017-10-17, 19:12

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/7715el/fall_creators_update/
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Master
AwesomeSauce : 9

Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2017 Ahoi) Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2017 Ahoi)

Post by kaede 2017-10-17, 20:22

Not on topic of mods, but a little rant from me.

As someone who started with Morrowind at age 12 and went back to play Daggerfall many years later, I hate Skyrim. Oh sure it looks alot nicer and hitting in combat isn't decided by random dice rolls anymore, but they have thrown out so much stuff that it isn't funny anymore. Chief for me being creating my own spells, linear dungeons, classes, and dumbing down the dialogue just to have the same ten or so voice actors playing all the npcs throughout the land. I also miss being a wereboar. And while I do understand why they streamlined the series, if I was in charge I would have streamlined it somewhat as well, but it feels like TES is losing the magic it once had more and more with each release.

And I know, Skyrim will be coming out on Switch next month, but so will Doom so I know what I'm probably going to get on release day...unless I decide to wait until Lex gets her thanksgiving 25% off at walmart to get Doom as well as Mario & Rabbids.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2017-10-17, 20:28

Previously, on Church of ProZ:
https://churchofproz.forumotion.net/t1467-skyrim-modding-reduce-lag-with-a-ram-drive
https://churchofproz.forumotion.net/t987-skyrim
https://churchofproz.forumotion.net/t994-the-Eldar-scrolls-v-skyrim <<<=====D~~~ hello @Zhu Yang I made this and it says "the official thread" in the description?

kaede wrote:Not on topic of mods, but a little rant from me.

As someone who started with Morrowind at age 12 and went back to play Daggerfall many years later, I hate Skyrim. Oh sure it looks alot nicer and hitting in combat isn't decided by random dice rolls anymore, but they have thrown out so much stuff that it isn't funny anymore. Chief for me being creating my own spells, linear dungeons, classes, and dumbing down the dialogue just to have the same ten or so voice actors playing all the npcs throughout the land. I also miss being a wereboar. And while I do understand why they streamlined the series, if I was in charge I would have streamlined it somewhat as well, but it feels like TES is losing the magic it once had more and more with each release.

And I know, Skyrim will be coming out on Switch next month, but so will Doom so I know what I'm probably going to get on release day...unless I decide to wait until Lex gets her thanksgiving 25% off at walmart to get Doom as well as Mario & Rabbids.
I agree, it's the same dumbing down "muh fully voiced quests" trend that's habbening with Fallout. Bethesda captured the mainstream gayming market and now that's who they're catering to.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2017-10-17, 20:56

Corenat Rovarnus wrote:
I agree, it's the same dumbing down "muh fully voiced quests" trend that's habbening with Fallout. Bethesda captured the mainstream gayming market and now that's who they're catering to.
Don't get me started with Fallout, someone who actually owns boxed copies and has put somewhere around 600 or 700 hours from 1 to New Vegas, fallout 4 pissed me right the fuck off, I didn't even pay for my copy of Fallout 4 and it's accompanying season pass and i STILL felt like I got cheated.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down