Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chocolate Destiny ARC 2: Amos Alone

2 posters

Go down

Chocolate Destiny ARC 2: Amos Alone Empty Chocolate Destiny ARC 2: Amos Alone

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-04-14, 22:44

Divergence from: https://churchofproz.forumotion.net/t1355p450-chocolate-destiny-arc-2#27419

Amos puts the All Divide on the rock, but nothing happens because it only works on "living subjects".
A smile spreads across the halfling's freckled face as she lifts the flute. "Was wondering when someone'd ask. This one's from an old ballad started by my folk, 'bout two lovers who use the magic of song to find each other."

A few more travelers lean in to touch it as they walk by.

Last edited by Corenat Rovarnus on 2016-07-14, 18:22; edited 1 time in total
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chocolate Destiny ARC 2: Amos Alone Empty Re: Chocolate Destiny ARC 2: Amos Alone

Post by InteroVegas 2015-04-15, 08:10

Amos retrieves the all divide and displacement link and concentrates on the rock for a time. He searches the exterior of the enchanted object for any details that might educate him on how to tap into the magical energies residing within it. Alas, the rock is featureless to his eyes and he sits in frustration a while longer. He sits propped against the stone while he contemplates any simple spellcraft he to do to drain the recesses of energy. All the while Amos is occasionally trading words with the halfling above.

"A story of two lovestruck wizards? Could I be so lucky to hear the story myself?"

Last edited by Darkgenesis on 2015-04-16, 12:19; edited 1 time in total
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Chocolate Destiny ARC 2: Amos Alone Empty Re: Chocolate Destiny ARC 2: Amos Alone

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-04-15, 23:34

She laughs. "Oh, they weren't wizards, not proper ones at least. Mmm, it's quite a long story, and usually accompanied by dance. But where should I begin? If I start from the first act, we'll be here all night..."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-04-16, 12:21

"I'm afraid I cannot afford the time to linger here for so long. This colorful village is but a resting point along a journey to the capital. Dark forces gather their strengths and pour forth from Enarou and the surrounding coast. I desire to be far from here when evil's gruesome visage comes cresting over the horizon. ... What of you fair minstrel? To what destination do you travel?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-04-16, 23:51

"The south port? I heard the church in Torean and that fancy paladin are doing a pretty good number on that problem. As for me, I'm visiting some relatives a few towns to the east."
She taps her hardy heels against the rock.
"So what're you in a hurry t'get to Domiente for? King owes you money?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-04-17, 00:08

"A hunt for fonts of magic. I'm a type of questing magician. I know little of the surrounding lands and it seems as if few know anything believable about stories and legends of great magic here. Seems obvious to search the archives in the capital for hints and guides to obscure sources of magic. No chance you know anything is there?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-04-17, 15:11

"Well yeh, people don't know much cuz Royal mages like to keep their projects hush-hush. Now I don't blame them for it either, I've seen quite a few outland mages questing through Jaquim just like you, from Lymesha, Abatos, even Tuong. I've no doubt they'd snatch up all the murder-y secrets and use 'em against us common folk in a heartbeat, if they could find 'em. "
She tilts her head to the side with an inquisitive expression.
"But that's not why you're here, right?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-04-17, 18:05

Amos shakes his head in denial. "No, not for conquest or purposes of malice. Past events have enlightened me to the many ways I am lacking. My weak abilities stand out among them."

Amos packs up his unused articles and looks back up at the minstrel. "You avoided the question."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-04-18, 12:09

"Alright, I know this one spell that can find where magic's running or enchanted stuff. You'll need some kind of thingummy to be your wand. I use this." She holds up her flute.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-04-18, 16:27

"What about my sword?" Amos draws the weapon and displays it to the minstrel. "Good enough to be a thingummy?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-04-18, 18:05

"Well since you already use that for fighting it can get real confusing, but you seem like a smart fellow. It'll do."
She sticks her flute out at arm's length, holding it parallel to the ground by only a small part at the end.
"Hold your wand thingummy out this way. It's kinda like dowsing, without the handles."
Her eyes close. "You know how to access your magic, right? You gotta take some of it, just a little bit, and push it to the tip of the wand. If there's strong or recent magic going about the area, you'll feel it before it reaches the end."
The flute gives off a weak glimmer. "If not, hold at the tip for a while. If your thingummy twitches or leans toward someway, there's probably magic there."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-04-18, 18:27

Amos tries to emulate this ability, unsure if he has every truly accessed his own magic.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-04-19, 00:30

Having an extensive education and experience in practicing magic, Amos quickly cottons to this strange new style despite the lack of formulas or scribing. After a couple tries his sword also glimmers briefly, the blade reflecting some unseen light source. It does not move, but Amos becomes aware of two faint magical "traces" tugging at it. One is nearby, and the other a good distance away.

The halfling nods in approval. "Therrrre ya go. You feel that closer one? Yeah, some Republic twit popped in couple days ago, looked like she came right of the flaming circus. Warned everyone about what happened in Enarou, then popped out. That's her. Two long range teleports in a matter o' hours."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-04-19, 13:49

Amos fumbles his sword and steps back again. ("This is spectacular ..."). Amos crouches down to recover his blade. "That sounds impressive, back at home we did not have magic of that caliber." Amos flourishes his sword and sheathes it. "Did this sorceress present a name or title? Ya'll do not look the type to hold the ravings of a loon in high reg- Wait. What of the magic in this stone, or the supposed leylines below? You seem educated in lore and history. Does the stone bereft of magic not mean the town inhabitants are prone to violence and rage?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-04-19, 15:24

[Amos has gained the use of the Detect Magic ability]
She shrugs. "Haven't a clue. It's a story, things coulda been changed or embiggened over the years. I did feel some magic in this rock, but I dunno what's going on with it."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-04-19, 15:38

"Granted. Even if the storied leylines beneath are in fact corrupting the townspeople it will make no difference once the undead scourge of Enarou comes around." At this point has packed all of his things and prepares to return to the inn for the night. "Thank you minstrel, your teachings and melodies have been greatly appreciated by this lowly traveler. I should retire for the night and prepare for the next leg of the journey." Amos begins to walk away.

Chocolate Destiny ARC 2: Amos Alone Ah120309arthas
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Chocolate Destiny ARC 2: Amos Alone Empty Tremble before the Scourge!

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-04-19, 20:15

Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down