Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chocolate Destiny: Amos and Oni-chan

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chocolate Destiny: Amos and Oni-chan Empty Chocolate Destiny: Amos and Oni-chan

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-24, 20:13

Divergence from: https://churchofproz.forumotion.net/t1355p50-chocolate-destiny-arc-2#26503

You run down a dusty dirt path, taking care to stay on the elevated mounds between the ruts created by years of wagon and cart travel. You come across a deserted looking farmstead on the outskirts of Torean.

Last edited by Corenat Rovarnus on 2015-03-27, 19:42; edited 1 time in total
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chocolate Destiny: Amos and Oni-chan Empty Re: Chocolate Destiny: Amos and Oni-chan

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-24, 20:35

Amos wanders closer to the farmstead trying to find any signs of inhabitants. At a distance of 5 meters from the farmstead Amos yells out. "Anyone around?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Chocolate Destiny: Amos and Oni-chan Empty Re: Chocolate Destiny: Amos and Oni-chan

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-25, 18:15

You hear slight rustling coming from the barn, a wide one story building of white painted wood.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-25, 18:41

"Cmon. I can hear whoever or whatever you are from out here. I'm not here for trouble, just to talk."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Chocolate Destiny: Amos and Oni-chan Empty you asked for it

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-25, 20:56

Chocolate Destiny: Amos and Oni-chan 1de
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-25, 21:56

"What, are you hiding a gorilla in there?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-25, 22:19

A voice answers from within the barn with a child's high pitch. "NO! I don't wanna go to church! You can't make me!" The barn door closes tighter.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-25, 22:41

"Fuck man, I'm going to look like some pedophile if I have to in there to talk to you. Where's a responsible adult?" Amos looks around to see if someone is sneaking up on him.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-25, 23:01

"I'm not telling you, go away!"
You do not see anyone sneaking up on you, but in twilight of the now setting sun you see the flickering aura of a torch indicating at least one person approaching from behind a tall hill.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-25, 23:07

Amos approaches the approaching person and calls out to them when they are close enough to hear him yell.

"HEY! YOU OVER THERE, WHERE AM I?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-26, 01:08

A group of three people crest the hill. At the front is the torchbearer, a short man clad in a blue coat over simple beige linen shirt and pants.
"Holla there, my good man," he replies jovially, "You look like you've traveled a long way. This here is mah friend Raymun's place." He indicates the plump man wearing a straw hat behind him. "Have you seen his boy? The youngin' ran off with a couple of other kids and we've been worried sick over 'em."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-26, 01:19

Amos nods and points with his thumb towards the farmstead.

"Yeah one kid is yelling "don't take me to church" in the barn. From the sound of the intense rustling in the barn there might be more kids too. And my name's Amos ... Might be weird to ask but after you round up your children is there any way ya'll could part with some parchment? And maybe directions to a tavern in the city?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-26, 01:37

The three chuckle at your inquiry. "City? Torean ain't no city," Raymun says, "Not yet at least. Drinkin' is a vice, anyhow." The first man walks up to you. "Ah, excuse m'manners, my name is Billy, how d'ya do?" He shakes your hand, and then flinches back in surprise. "Whoa nelly! Is that a sword you got there?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-26, 01:45

Amos is astonished by their surprise.

"Well yeah. There's a small brigade of goblins wandering the crossroads a half a day back and all sorts of hell after that. Weapons are a prerequisite for surviving your coastline." Amos mutters inaudibly, making only the smallest movements with his lips. "And some blood for magic." He masks his own words by continuing on in a much louder voice. "Still good to meet you Billy. So I can't get that paper can I? Or a leather glove? For some monetary compensation of course."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-26, 09:27

"Hold your horses buddy, let's rustle up the kids first." Raymun bangs on the barn door. "Lesta! Come on out, boy! Now I know I didn't raise no church-shirkin' heathen for a son."
"NO!"
He pulls on the door but it does not budge. "Don't make trouble for your daddy!"
Raymun turns around. "He done locked himself in."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-26, 09:42

"And you need the barn door in one piece huh?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-27, 10:03

As the two are discussing how to get the boy out, a figure comes jogging down the road. When it gets closer, they are able to tell that it's what appears to be a young girl with odd coloured hair(flaxen), white skin, and of all things a cloth eyepatch covering her left eye. She slows down and eventually stops infront of the two talking, panting softly. "Sorry Raymun, I couldn't find him in the surrounding area. Maybe he's gon," She pauses as she turns her head to the barn, finally able to tell there is another person standing next to Raymun. "Eh who this?"
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-27, 11:28

Amos extends his hand "Amos. A mundane passerby. Is this family Raymun?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-27, 11:33

"Well, I could use one o' the pieces for spanking his bottom." They break down the door and drag three kids out kicking and screaming. "Gottem," Raymun reports.
"But we already went on Munday!"
"This here's a special occasion," Billy explains.
"Naw, she stopping by just like you." Raymun says in response to Amos' question. "Alright now that we've got the kids it's off to th' Sharin' we go. You comin' with, right?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-27, 11:44

She looks blankly at his hand for a moment before remembering the social conventions of this culture and shakes his hand, though to him it feels like she's unintentionally trying to crush his hand. "Touka Nishikujou, traveling just as you are."

She lets go of Amos' hand and turns back to Raymun. "Sorry, I'll have to pass. I need to get ready to leave soon."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-27, 11:52

"That's a darn shame," Raymun remarks, then turns to Amos. "Say, where did you come from again?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-27, 11:57

Amos beckons for the adults and Touka to come closer. "Enarou, the whole town turned to monsters. Wasn't so sure I'd escape." He whispers.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-27, 12:10

Her eyes widen a fraction as he tells what happened. "Oh my, guess it was a good thing i left there a week ago."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-27, 12:18

"Auspicious timing. Now that I've fled the town though I'm in need of supplies and some rest." Amos turns to Touka "Since you've been here for a few days could you direct me somewhere I could get these things?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-27, 12:25

She nods smiling abit. "Sure, i know my way around town somewhat." She turns revealing what appears to be a 4ft long slab of steel with a handle strapped to her back. "I'll take him to where he needs to go Raymun, have fun praying!" She then heads off to town, not bothering to wait for a reply.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-27, 13:20

"Wait, hold on! If he's from Enarou he needs to come with us!"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-27, 13:23

She stops and looks at Raymun. "And why is that? He looks fine to me."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-27, 14:30

Amos draws his blade and steps back from the group. "I've already dealt murderous loons in Enarou and I have no intention to do that again."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-27, 14:38

She tries to prevent him from drawing his sword. "Now now, there's no need for that! I'm sure he has a perfectly logical reason to ask you to come with him." She says this as she keeps her hand near her large club.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-27, 15:04

"Then what's this "come with us" business?!"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-27, 15:09

"Whoa there!" Billy exclaims. "You look more like a murderous loon yaself."
The third person, a plain looking woman, speaks up. "Port Enarou was consumed by the forces of evil not more'n three days ago. He may carry the taint of darkness within!"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-27, 15:25

"Look, I'll look after him while he's in town. If he goes evil or whatever," She gestures to the steel club on her back. "I'll knock him out and bring him to you myself."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-27, 15:34

Amos stares in disbelief, steps back further and starts walking towards the town watching if the cult farmers try to assail him.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-27, 15:45

She follows after him not even waiting for an answer. She begins talking to him if they're out of earshot. "Sorry bout that, people here are a touch more pious than other places." She tries to laugh it off. "Don't worry though, they find out what was under here," she gestures to her eyepatch, "I'd be in your position too, even though people like me work throughout the world."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-27, 16:01

" "People like you"? "
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-27, 16:08

"You know, half-breeds, people who aren't fully human." She replies casually, at the same time flipping her eyepatch open just enough to show a little bit of the light orange iris underneath.

Last edited by kaede on 2015-03-27, 16:44; edited 1 time in total
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-27, 16:29

"R-right." Amos is clearly curious but unsure if he further inquire about the Touka's half-breed status. "So shall we be off then? And if anyone in town asks my name is Dan and we've come from up north on way to a monastery to the south. These people have that insane cult feel about them."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-27, 16:43

She lets her eyepatch fall back down. "Can you blame them for being scared, as you said an entire city was wiped off the map by monsters. They are more scared than anything else." She sighs. "Anyway, what do you need from town anyway? It's very small so there may not be much.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-27, 17:08

"Paper and ink in substantial quantity. I was hoping to rest in the town but that seems more dangerous than camping out for the night before heading to the capital. You see, after escaping Enarou I fled a vicious gangster from the Swaggafid lands. He took idle chatter as an insult of the utmost severity and beheaded an acquaintance of mine. After realizing there was naught to do to stop him I ran."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-27, 17:25

"Paper and ink? Are you a scholar or something? Guess I'll also pick up camping supplies for two instead of one."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-27, 18:07

"I won't lie to you but I can't divulge the purpose of those materials for now. What about you, what do you do?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-27, 18:11

"Clan heir, other than that nothing."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-27, 18:41

"Oh! Apologies to you. I normally give due respect to those of high status."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Chocolate Destiny: Amos and Oni-chan Empty rrrretcon'd by admin-sama

Post by kaede 2015-03-27, 18:47

She waves it off. "Don't, im not in any place of power, I'm not in Nippon, and more importantly I don't even have my horn yet."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-27, 18:59

"Do you grow the horns of some strange creature? I could imagine any variety of transformations, like face of a wolf and horns of a ram." Amos chuckles at his own senseless humor.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-27, 19:08

She makes an offended face. "Oni only have one or two horns, though knowing my luck ill have only one."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-27, 19:20

"You left Enarou before the outbreak. That's luck right there, luckier infact than our recently deceased luck Mage."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-27, 19:29

"Cant fight blood though. Anyway, you wanna travel with me to a branch families compound in the capital? Need ta know because im getting camping supplies."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-27, 19:34

"That's an exciting proposition. Hell, yes. By the way...What's the history of your oni kin here. I haven't heard of demon kind in the north, especially not the fairer kind."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-27, 19:47

"Well where im from pure blooded oni are rare, only ones I know of are my grandparents. And while I say branch family, they are really entirely related to me. Each branch is comprised of a different clan who has made a geis to protect others like us. If I remember correctly, Nagas are the predominant members of the Kishima clan." She smiles. "Should be nice to see my aunt again."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next