Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filthy Xenos Adventures in Space

4 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Filthy Xenos Adventures in Space Empty Filthy Xenos Adventures in Space

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-17, 23:03

Godhammer 40M moved here. It's easier for me to make edits and such here
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Filthy Xenos Adventures in Space Empty Re: Filthy Xenos Adventures in Space

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-07-17, 23:05

"As you wish my lady.  I will be back shortly."

Aten moves out of the hangar, making sure to take his men as well, leaving them covering all the exits.  He then voxes out to Firsa.  "Operation Daisy is on its way. The humans will fully enter the hangar soon."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-17, 23:18

"'Oh? That was easier than expected. What's the status of that lovely captain?'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-07-17, 23:22

"She is threatening to invade our ship, search it from top to bottom, and slaughter any Eldar who have not presented themselves. She is quite upset. Hopefully her strong emotions will cause her to make some mistake. Emotions are fickle and dangerous creatures."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-18, 00:45

"Firsa learns through Aten's play by play that Seer Baravyn has just fallen in battle to the enemy captain. 'Hold your fire!' She shouts over her vox caster. 'This fine lady has won fair and square, and she deserves our respect and honor. Now, mighty leader, if you can hear me, I hope that killing our egregiously rude seer was payment enough. However, as the victor, the terms are for you to decide.'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-18, 00:49

The seer Baravyn strides out confidently from the bowels of the ship with Aten and five hundred necrons behind him. He strides forth with his prized witchblade drawn and challenges the Captain Borges to a duel t the death. The Captain laughs at the notion and accepts, throwing the party off their guard. When she reaches him Borges throws down her coat and reveals an unexpected surprise, a power sword and a harlequins kiss. The captain runs forth and dares the seer to attack but despite his valiant effort the blow is parried. The subsequent counterattack is of such ferocity that the poor seer is annihilated and falls to the ground a bloody heap. In one quick move she uses her power sword to cleave off Baravyns head and grabs his witchblade raising them up in triumph.

"SEE THAT!?! SEE THAT!?! THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T MESS WITH CAPTAIN BORGES!!! FREE DRINKS ALL AROUND FOR EVERYONE FOR THE NEXT TWENTY FOUR HOURS!!!"

As she begins to walk off and picks up her coat with the hand not carrying her grisly prizes she turns to Aten who stands on a hair trigger waiting to shoot and says "Tell your Captain I want to see her in thirty six hours aboard my ship. The toll is taken, enjoy your say at my port tin man." The last remark she says with a maniacal smile and then turns away and walks along the hall.

Truly these are dark times for the Tanorum, for without its seer the ship has no means of traversing the webway or warp or even communicating with the ship in any meaningful way. Not to mention the fact that everyone is now stranded on a hostile pirate port far from any hope of help. These times will push the crew to their limit, can they rise to the challenge?
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-18, 01:06

Tristan does his best to console the alien who played Baravyn. "I'm sorry that happened to you." He says with as much compassion as his bad-ass pilot persona will let him. "That was a rough spot. Hopefully the Lord-Captain will let you roll up a new character."

With that, Tristan returns to the game. "'All hands, report to the assembly room. We have matters to discuss.'"

"In a moment of quite thought, Firsa reflects on the 63 years spent with Seer Baravyn. They had never seen eye to eye, and it was his flagrant disregard of orders that begot his demise, but and Eldar is an Eldar. Not only that, put his wisdom and powers had helped the Tanurom through many a tight spot. The only matter left regarding Firsa's fallen comrade would be to recover his spirit stone.

Reminiscing so, Firsa remembers something. 'Dubshredda,' she pings with her vox to the one she had given him some time ago, 'where are you now?'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-18, 09:06

The assembly is setup and in a couple moments it will begin. Dubshredda didn't answer either by virtue of can't or won't and so the meeting gets underway. Emanating from the entire ship is a sadness all psychic species can feel. As you begin Dubshredda walks in and joins the meeting. You notice his hat is gone and that he looks like he's in a hurry
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-18, 09:27

"'Ello there pointy earz Kaptin. I 'ave gone ta 'far 'nd strange landz 'nd ..." Dubshredda picks up on the melancholy filling the air like a miasma. "... 'Nd long story short I need sum goodz fer uh bomb."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-07-18, 10:17

"It is my understanding that your kind make their bombs from whatever scrap they can find. Surely in the debris left over from our little clash with the border patrol you can find something of use."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-18, 10:31

Dubshredda respectfully scuttles like a crab to the shiny walky bit and "respectfully" puts his arm around him. "Nah nah nah tin 'ead. Ya see, I needz ma 'at back 'nd at get it I needz a bomb big 'nuff to blow a merry hole kuh-lean true da station."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-07-18, 10:55

Knowing the foolishness of this question, but feeling like it must be asked anyway, Aten responds, "You know, I am certain there are many clothing stores on this station. Could you not purchase another hat?"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-18, 11:12

Dubshredda responds by poking at the baubles and trinkets that adorn Aten's face. "Wud if I took 'dese huh? Ya jus buy summore bitz ta put on yur face? NO! DIS ORK GONNA GET A REAL BEATIN. 'ND IF WE KAN'T SMASH 'IZ FACE IN THEN WE. GONNA. GET. MA. 'AT!"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-07-18, 11:19

"Point taken. We should begin searching immediately. Do you have a good idea of where we can find the 'bitz' you require for construction of this bomb? I would like us to finish our business on this station sooner rather than later."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-18, 11:40

"Da 'umies got bitz locked up deep down in da station. Or ... we kould steal sum machinations from da dokkin port."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-18, 12:13

"Firsa sits at the head of the assembly, not strong enough to pace around dramatically as she prefers. She clears her throat and begins. 'People of the Tanurom. It is with great sadness that we place Seer Baravyn's spirit stone into the infinity circuit. 63 years ago, we set out from our homes on a truly noble quest. In that time, we have achieved great things and suffered many losses.

But now, the stakes of our mission are in an entirely different league. The fate of an entire craftworld rests on our shoulders. We aren't fighting for my position as heir, or even a few lost souls. No, we fight on behalf of our entire race, one of the greatest to ever grace the galaxy. As such, we mourn Seer Baravyn, who surrendered his life to save us all.

My grandfather has a saying: 'through failure we learn, through learning we triumph, and through learning we are eternal.' No one will doubt that this is one of Tanurom's darkest days. But failure is not the end, there is always hope. Hope, and the spirit of a race who refuses to give up, even when others would say our time has come and gone.

And so we learn a valuable lesson today. Individually, we are powerful, but there will always be someone greater. Thus, to know your enemy is to know your victory. Individually, there will always be someone greater. But I believe that when we work together, when the myriad souls of this team, this vessel, or these races become as one, we are unstoppable. Woe on to thee who stands in our way.

Through failure we learn, through learning we triumph, and through triumph we are eternal.

Now, let's show this station what we're made of. Aten, Zuensyr, and Dubshredda, state what you think our objectives should be.'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-07-18, 12:58

"I believe our most pressing need right now is to find someone capable of directing our ship in the Warp or the Webway. Right now we are trapped in this port, and we cannot proceed on our mission while remaining here. We also need to find more information about the relics we seek. I volunteer to go out into the port and research as needed."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-18, 13:14

"'While I agree with your assessment of our objectives, wasn't Captain Borges wildly displeased with the presence of Necrons on her port? Another thing we learned, I forgot to mention this, is that I should definitely lead our diplomatic interactions. If any of the Necrons venture out of the ship, they should do so in a suitable disguise. In any case, let us wait until I am well enough to go out before we make any more serious forays.'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-18, 15:17

[DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT forget the meeting with Borges in thirty-six hours]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-07-18, 15:36

Aten nods. "Unfortunately, I believe you are correct. However, it is very difficult to disguise Necrons as humans. Perhaps I could give someone a list of possible contacts. I could also act as interpreter, over vox of course. I am fluent in over six million forms of communication."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-18, 17:53

"Hurh? Wut goin on? Soundz like yer all weepin an mopin over lost teef or sumtin. Yer know, I findz a rurl big bomb can fixez yer problemz. Jus gotta get it ta da right place ... But if I be gettin da jis' of yer ish-shoez den dun't runz awayz. Takez time fer yer krooza ta travel da space and 'ull get shot to itty bitty piecez." Dubshredda punches into his hand. "Show 'em sum kunnin might makez right."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-18, 18:10

"'Exactly Dubshredda. Well, our first order of business is to make a good impression on Captain Borges when we meet her for our appointment. I'd like you to come with me for that Dubshredda. I know talking isn't really your thing, but I think she'll like you. If we can get on her good side, or at least off her bad side, she might even help us make big booms! Aten, I'm sorry, but I don't think it would be wise for you to come with us. We can certainly arrange to have you be aware of us via vox however.

All this commotion today has not been good for my health. I'd like someone people to go into port today and see if they can hire a creature capable of helping me heal. It doesn't have to be fancy, just basic first aid and patient care.'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-18, 18:48

"We can 'ave a deal 'den. Ya give me sumtin ta buy me bomb bitz wit 'nd I'll prowl about fer a doktor."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-07-19, 00:39

"That is reasonable, Captain. I will remain on the ship and await for your call." Aten then leaves and goes back down to the landing bay, to help in removing and honoring the bodies of the fallen.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-19, 01:49

"'Then it seems that the best course of action will be to spend some time laying low and searching for the goods and services we need. When the hour calls, it will be time to face Captain Borges.'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-19, 03:16

Dubshredda spends the first five hours trying to bargain for bitz and literal space garbage but is incapable acquiring even that. However dismayed by his lack of resources he follows up on his agreement to seek out a medical professional to hasten Firsa's recovery. Whether because of hatred or fear of stigma none are willing to follow the ork back to the Tanurom.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-19, 12:42

[I'm getting word people wish to move onto the meeting. Any objections?]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-19, 13:33

"On with the meeting!" exclaims Tristan excitedly. "Firsa comes in full armor and armed to the teeth."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-19, 13:41

Dubshredda follows cautiously. He is weary of the power this human kaptin possesses.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-19, 14:22

Everyone takes the time to mourn for the loss the ship has suffered and rest after an eventful first couple of hours on the station. At the appropriate time Firsa, Dubshredda (with runtz), and the honor guard make for the "top" of the station. As you move up the contrast between quality becomes drastic. At the higher floors there are entire sections dedicated to the pleasure of guests, musicians playing soothing music, and large auction houses where the finest pieces brought in are sold. All of this is for the entertainment of the Captains and officer class aboard the ships present. Everywhere you look you see dozens of the armed guards Borges employs watching over things. At the very top you reach the sequestered docking port for Borges' Dictator class cruiser, the Devil's Serpent.

As you make your way through the topmost floor you can see the ship in full "glory" as if it's on display to instill terror in those coming to see Borges. The hull is bristling with broadsides and spikes decorate the edges. On each spike you notice is a skull of various species and on the bow is a large figurehead in the form of the Imperial Navy Eagle. This doesn't fool you for a second as you notice that upon closer inspection there are large machinations jut behind the figurehead that likely allow it to assume a number of shapes ad forms. The armored prow of the vessel that all imperial ships share appears to be heavily reinforced. Easily the most terrifying prospect of this ship, however, comes from the enormous Nova Cannon that extends along the interior of the ship and protrudes from the prow ready to unleash unimaginable devastation.

Once you reach the entrance into the ship you find yourself stopped by a pack of twenty guards led by a kroot. The kroot, who has a slight green hue to its skin, approaches you and clacks its beak into speech

"Eldar, you here to Captain Borges. One move wrong an I eat your heart to stronger become. The greenskin looks tasty too, perhaps I eat him too." his tongue slides across the sharp edges of his beak in a threatening manner.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-19, 14:28

"Ya try 'nd ya die kroot 'ting. Yur Kaptin may be mighty 'nd strong but make no mistake; da same does not apply ta you."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-19, 14:41

"'Well if it comes to that, I wish you a very enjoyable meal. I hear we Eldar are quite the delicacy to some. If you would be so kind, lead us to Captain Borges, and I'm sure your meal will be served very shortly after.' Firsa slights with a sly smile."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-19, 14:51

Whatever emotion the kroot is feeling is impossible to tell due to the inability for it to make facial expressions. He simply turns around and says "Follow me to Borges. She want to speak you to"

And so you follow the kroot, as you descend into the ship you walk through crowded and bustling hallways with humans seeming to come from every possible angle. You notice a distinct difference among this crews population in that there are few xenos about. At one point you pass by a large opening to a door with hundreds of people waiting outside to get in. The men who walk out of the room appear barely able to walk but in an extremely good mood. After fifteen minutes in total of walking through the ship eventually you come to a door with only four guards standing in front of it. There are no other members of the crew about this area and the quiet is rather ominous.

The kroot walks up to the door and knocks. After a moment it is opened by a human of extremely powerful build. Obviously the subject of genetic modification he resembles what could be argued as a perfect physical specimen of a male human. He wears embroidered finery and with a quick few words to the kroot you are shown in. What you find absolutely astounds you. You walk in and you find yourselves in a twenty meter tall library filled with priceless objects and bookcases filled with tombs. Firsa quickly recognizes the vast majority of the tombs to be alien in nature and realizes that this is a xenos librarium. Standing along the walls is a line of identical men to the one who you followed in and one stands next to a desk in the center of the room holding a tray of beverages. At the desk sits Borges with a pair of tombs to her left and right and directly in front of her on a bloody tray is a head with the skin pealed off and eyes removed to reveal the muscle and skeletal structure underneath.

Borges herself sits with one elbow on an armrest and the other handling a pair of tools measuring the dynamics of the skull. Upon your entry she looks up from her work and says in a monotone voice "Captain Firsa, how nice of an Eldar bitch to come join me on my ship"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-19, 14:56

"'How nice of you to invite me. It's good to finally meet in person.'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-19, 15:01

Turning the head to face you "I'd say your seer is happy to see you again but I'm afraid he's lost his sight. How unfortunate." The last sentence is said with a big toothy grin. "My time is very precious to me Captain, and I especially don't like wasting it on pieces of shit like you. Now, why are you here and why are you with a Necron. I'm no fool so don't try and lie to me. The last person who did that ended up on the hull of my ship."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-19, 15:04

"'I won't lie to you captain. A collector of xenos artifacts offered me a deal I couldn't refuse. That collector happens to be a Necron ruler and sent some of his subjects with me. We came here to trade and look for information.'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-19, 15:10

Borges simply bursts out laughing. It takes her several moments for her to collect herself from the ridiculousness of what you've just said. "That is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard, and my crew is full of people with half their brains removed. You're telling me that a Necron, a species which by all accounts and records would turn you into dust as fast as you would a rat, has offered you a job? Preposterous."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-19, 15:14

Dubshredda doesn't step away from Firsa but he does lean in to get a closer look at the books in the colossal stands. He has only the vaguest "ability" to read books but he is interested in the possible sheen or metal bitz that may bind them.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-19, 15:16

"'I agree with you, it is preposterous, but that doesn't stop it from being true. Perhaps you know him by name, considering you seem to have quite an impressive collection yourself. Trazyn the Infinite. He has offered me something very precious to my people. If you need further proof, I have a data slate from the phaeron himself.'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-19, 15:25

Dubshredda turns away from the books and leans over to Firsa. Given his immense frame the whole affair is not too subtle. " 'Ey point earz, most 'umies got a real 'ting 'gainst 'ur people 'nd an even worse 'ting 'gainst da tinz 'eadz. You tellin 'em yur workin fer 'dere boss bit ain't gonna win over any 'earts."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-19, 15:34

"'Firsa smiles and appreciates Dubshredda trying to help. She responds softly but audibly to those in the room. 'Thank you for the reminder, but the most important thing now is that we be honest. Captain Borges is a busy woman, so she has no time for bullshitting.'

Looking again at Borges, she adds, 'If you have any questions about the nature of our mission, please feel free to ask.'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-19, 15:37

"Never heard of him, nor do I care. Why you haven't taken it by force with your "superior Eldar warriors" seems like a better question to ask." She stands up and takes Baravyns skull in her hand. Walking over to a display case, she opens the glass cover and gently places the skull next to several others. You notice that each one is a skull of a different species and with the same modifications done to it to reveal the bone and muscle.

"What matters to me Captain is what you're planning on doing here. I am far from the worst pirate to ply the Halo Stars and I'm willing to venture you know nothing about this territory of Man. If I wanted to I could simply sell you and everyone on your ship to the Inquisition. Oh what fun they would have torturing you prissies." She notices Dubshredda looking at the books and throws a glass full of some drink at him. The splash of liquid is prevented from hitting any of the books by some form of preserving field. "You, Ork, get away from those. I won't have your greasy fingers damaging my collection. Touch any of them and I'll add your skull to that display."

In the time you had to look at them you couldn't understand the majority of the words on the books spirals. One word does catch your eye, you're not quite sure where you saw it but it says "Vuloir."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-07-19, 15:42

The human sized drink is insulting, but by only so much. Dubshredda waves off the indignity, clearly the paper must have great importance to this Kaptin, perhaps as kindling?
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-19, 15:53

"'Let me assure you that we will cause you no further trouble. The incident from earlier, well, I was in no condition to lead and that Seer was appointed temporary captain. He paid the price for his actions. I hope you will find me more agreeable, though I am prepared to pay the same price should you find my actions here against your interests.'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-19, 16:04

She sits back down in her chair and extends her hand out "Well then give it here. Lets have a look at this Phaerons list."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-19, 16:10

"Firsa holds up the data slate in full view of the room. 'You may view the data for yourself if you wish, but Trazyn may have put malicious code on it beyond my knowledge. If you're willing to trust me, I can read off the list to you.'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-19, 16:13

She puts her hand back down on the arms rest and says "Read away then"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-19, 16:14

"Firsa reads the full list, doing her best to hide her emotions as she does so."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-07-19, 16:18

Borges can't help but smirk. "That is the most ridiculous list of items I've ever heard. Don't tell me you promised to retrieve those items in your pride."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-07-19, 17:05

"I'd rather not be specific, but the reward was simply too good to refuse. As you can see, there is nothing on this list that would bother you here. All we want is some peaceful exchange of information.'"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next