Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calurakas Solo adventures

2 posters

Go down

Calurakas Solo adventures Empty Calurakas Solo adventures

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-05-03, 17:15

The second trial of The Queen's Game has ended. As the sun sets, the 16 remaining teams file into the warm wood cabin in the center of the small island. Everyone but the grey dragon of course, which has settled into a clearing in the tropical greenery. Night has fallen, and by your accounts, your team and the other competitors are sleeping. What do you do?
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 2

Back to top Go down

Calurakas Solo adventures Empty Re: Calurakas Solo adventures

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-05-03, 18:31

Late at night, Cerioth, now revealed as the mighty mage Caluraks, pads over to the grey dragon. He pauses for a moment, gathering his courage before speaking. Out of respect, he even speaks with his true voice in high pitched Draconic.

"Pardon me, old one. I do not wish to disturb your slumber, but I wanted to speak with you when your allies were not present. I would ask you what more you know of the Queen, and of her islands. You must have many tales to tell."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-05-04, 03:47

"Why do you present such a form young one? Are you not proud of your heritage? The blood of dragons is a precious thing. Many have lost their lives over the power dwelling within. Tell me, what is your name?"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-05-04, 09:21

"I am Cerioth, and my past is a haunted one. I must keep my precious blood safe, yet, as you can see, I do not possess the imposing presence you hold. These humanoid races fear the strange and unknown, so I hide behind a terrifying figure. By projecting strength, I ensure that I have few fights, and only ones that I will win. I do not wish to lose my life, or worse, become enslaved once more, because of my own foolish pride."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-05-04, 16:21

"A haunted past," the dragon chuckles, in the low, booming chuckle that only an ancient dragon can muster. "You know nothing of haunted until you have watched all your kind wiped from existence. There is a reason you have never seen a dragon like me before. I am the last there is: Oumahs, the Grey Wyrm."

"You humor me small one. Tell me, what do you stand to gain by throwing your life at The Ruby Crown? You have seen the others in this 'game', do you not see you have no hope of victory?"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-05-04, 17:57

"Facing you I do feel my chances are rather small. But what is life if we do not aim for the highest reaches. The Queen's crown grants power unending and there is much I would do for such a goal. Already my team and I have made it far and we consistently beat our opponents with skill. Indeed, I wonder why one such as you desires the Crown. You are already ancient and powerful."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-05-04, 18:30

"Skill!" the dragon chortles, "Oh how you amuse me Cerioth. You think I failed to notice the extra team that appeared at the start of the second trail? Or that your group crossed the race's end on the back of your fast-running friend with only a smoldering door remaining of your vehicle?"

"Alas, if it is true that you seek Krosa's Crown for your own power, then I must inform you that you will either fail or die by my ice. That artifact is a perversion of magic. An utter abomination."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-05-04, 20:47

"A perversion of magic? What do you mean? You speak as if you are intimately acquainted with this artifact. Have you seen it before, at some point in your long existence? What else can you tell me?"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-05-05, 05:02

Oumahs, The Grey Wyrm stops speaking out loud and now communicates through telepathy. "You ask many questions small one, but you would do well to remember that we are on The Queen's Isles and her attendants are no doubt aware of our conversation."

"I have never beheld The Crown myself, but I know enough. Some creatures are beings of law or chaos. My metallic and chromatic brethren are beings of good and evil. The grey dragon is unique in this world, for it is the only creature beholden to balance. Even the most bulging treasure hoard means nothing to me if it upsets the intricate balance of the cosmos. Unbalance upsets us at our very core, and we are drawn to all its sources. The Crown of Krosa is a swirling vortex of unbalance that offends all existence. I know not what it does, or how it came to be, but I know that I will do everything in my power to see it perish."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-05-08, 18:12

"Your words worry me. Such a powerful and dangerous artefact, and in the hands of a madwoman?! Her actions have already been fickle and callous. I find it hard to believe that she will give any of us a fair chance at winning this competition. Do you have any plans in place to guard against her trickery?"

Cerioth is going to roll a Persuasion check in roll20.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-05-09, 07:18

"Only to continue observing as long as possible. There is something deeper going on here. But until I uncover it, I will have no recourse for action. We have talked long enough young one, for the less The Queen knows of our communication the better. Tread lightly: there is a wrinkle in time."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down