Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Higurashi Daybreak

3 posters

Go down

Higurashi Daybreak Empty Higurashi Daybreak

Post by Skraal 2011-08-12, 10:22

LEGIT GET: http://www.tasofro.net/higurashi/ (Japanese)
DL Path: Skraal >> Games >> Higurashi Daybreak

Higurashi Daybreak Higuda11

Higurashi Daybreak (ひぐらしデイブレイク Higurashi Deibureiku?) is a Japanese dōjin third person shooter developed by Twilight Frontier, first released on August 13, 2006 and is based on the popular visual novel Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. The game is Twilight Frontier's first attempt in making a 3D game. 07th Expansion, the creators of the original franchise, assisted in making the game — most notably, Ryukishi07, the writer of the original game, provided the script for Higurashi Daybreak. Also, this game uses the same voice cast as the drama CD of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

Gameplay

Higurashi Daybreak Higuda12
In-game screenshot.

The game is a 2 vs. 2 versus third person shooter based on the system of the Mobile Suit Gundam VS Series. Each of the four players can be played by humans (either together locally or through netplay) or controlled by the computer. Each character has a choice of two to three different weapons, with vastly different properties. Actions such as dashing, guarding, jumping, or flying through the air are restricted by a "stamina" gauge — once that gauge is depleted, none of the said actions can be carried out, though the gauge refills itself when it is not in use. Also, a "charge" and "main" gauge determine what kind of projectile the player fires, and how many he or she can fire. And finally, there is also a "limit gauge" that can be charged in one of two ways: when the player is damaged, or when the player deals damage. Once the gauge is full, the player can go into Hypermode and receive some stat bonuses for a limited period of time. The game ends when a team's balloon reaches a preset limit (default at 100%); the percentage increases when a team member's HP bar gets depleted.

Plot

In a peaceful day like any other, a small box was dropped on Rika Furude's head when she was sweeping in the Furude Shrine. In it was a pair of magatama, one red and one white.

The magatama are actually the sacred treasure of the Furude Shrine. With its magical powers, the holder of the red magatama would unconditionally fall for the holder of the white one. Upon testing its effects on the school faculty, the club members of a Hinamizawa school decided that they should duel each other to see which pair gets to keep the magatama. In the beginning it was only an afterschool club activity, but their game eventually engulfed all of Hinamizawa.

(From Wikipedia)

Every character has their own unique weapons, and such, most of which are from the series. The expansion gives everyone new weapons and adds a few characters and such as Hanyuu and the manga-only character Natsume. I haven't been able to get this to work on Windows 7, but I'm uploading it anyway for you guys to have a go at it, since most of you use XP.

Installation Instructions:
Download all 15 main parts and the patches from my mediafire.
The rest is from someone else's video, because I'm lazy.

Windows Vista/7 Fixes (These only fix the expansion, not the vanilla game)
Spoiler:

Last edited by Skraal on 2011-08-16, 08:49; edited 3 times in total
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 19

Back to top Go down

Higurashi Daybreak Empty Re: Higurashi Daybreak

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-08-12, 20:12

AW SWEET THX MAN *downloads* +rep
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2011-08-12, 20:21

Very good find. I will sticky.
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Master
AwesomeSauce : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-08-16, 08:49

All parts are now uploaded! If anyone figures out how netplay works then I'll put that in the description too.
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: