Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn Order

3 posters

Go down

[color=red]Should initiative be rolled for each individual or should Master-Servant pairs take their turns together?[/color]

Turn Order I_vote_lcap40%Turn Order I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
Turn Order I_vote_lcap60%Turn Order I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 5

Turn Order Empty Turn Order

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-07-22, 22:04

I have deliberated with teh team, and have finalized the revised battle system. Turn order will proceed as follows - each member of the engagement rolls a d20 for initiative adding a modifier(which I forget as of the writing of this) and will take their turns from highest to lowest result.

I am sort of using a Pathfinder 'action' mechanism, here's a list of the types.

Offensive Action: Attack with a weapon or spell, starting the incantation of a long spell, or using a healing/other ability. Equivalent to a standard action in Pathfinder, most of the important things you do in combat fall under this category. You can convert this to get another move action, blah blah blah.

Channel Action: Same as an offensive action, except that you are continuing the incantation of a spell.

Movement Action: Move up to your allotted amount. Alternatively, you can use this to ready yourself for a Dodge, a defensive action against an attack, which gives a +5(tell me if you think it should be a different number) to your DCV against melee and ranged attacks, but not spells and AOE NPs.

Defensive Action: A reactionary response to defend yourself, another, or a passive effect. Can be taken anytime, even when it is not your turn. This includes using a weapon to clash(but as a result not being able to use it during your turn), activating a defensive spell or ability, or other things that I deem appropriate.

Troll Action: Like a free action in Pathfinder, except by its true name. Talking, making obscene or strange gestures, and doing stuff that (supposedly) does not affect combat. In theory, you can perform infinitely many of these whether it is your turn or not. In practice, something bad happens to people who take too many.

5 foot step: Oh yes, the Pathfinder magical 5 foot step. With it, you surmount difficult obstacles, don't provoke attacks of opportunity, a bunch of other stuff, and be a pretty cool guy hwo doesn't afraid of anything. You can't use this unless you have 5 feet.

On your turn you get an offensive action and a move action. Abilities that grant extra action grant offensive actions, but Masters cannot have an ability like this. Servant can pick you up and carry you up to their speed if they are next to you but this uses up both of your move actions for the round.

Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Turn Order Empty Re: Turn Order

Post by kaede 2011-07-22, 22:12

Just tell me one thing. Will the servants have multiple turns before the master or was that removed?

Other then that looks good.

Last edited by kaede on 2011-07-22, 22:46; edited 1 time in total
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-07-22, 22:16

That's removed except for retarded OP masters.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-07-22, 22:25

What do you mean by "retarded OP masters"?
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-07-31, 00:15

I've got a question. Have you changed the method of seeing how many spaces on a map you are able to take per turn or is is still decided based on agility?
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-07-31, 12:24

Wow I didn't think about that I"ll make up some formula
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-09-12, 02:42

So what is the formula for movement?
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-09-12, 10:00

Given the changes I have made for movement in general, I think I'll leave the movement formula as it is on the wiki. Here's the list of move actions:
Regular move - Move up to your speed, no penalties, no nothing.(OH WAIT THAT MEANS YOU GET EVERYTHING, INFINITE MONIES ZOMG Shocked )
Rush - Move up to twice your speed. You may only do this as many times as your endurance modifier per round, after which you acquire a fatigue stack. Servants cannot do this.
Full run - Use your entire turn to run, move up to 4 times your speed. Does not count against your endurance modifier.
Dodge - Prepare to move to evade an anticipated attack. If you prepare for the right type of attack you gain +6 to your DCV when rolling against it. You end up moved 1 square in a random direction. Does not work for magic attacks.
Carry - Your servant can pick you up and carry you up to their speed(unless their strength is lower than your endurance, but unless you're that...um...don't do that.), this uses up both of your move actions.

More later, i just ran out of time.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content