Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

4 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 9 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by Dekaru 2017-01-30, 18:17

Schiller, getting your meaning or not, responds by saying "I wish you luck in catching them. A hawk cannot stop catching rabbits less their population grow out of control."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 9 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by InteroVegas 2017-01-30, 18:48

"While the talons rend I pray the sun guides. Take it as a command on behalf of the peasants: Provide seven sermons for the populace of the village every day until the war is done."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2017-01-30, 22:29

Gwain's heart sinks to hear such words form Treachery. "I don't think I know what's right anymore..." Gwain pauses as a gust of wind cleaves a break in the conversation. "If you are to leave, where will you go? Where is it that you feel you will do the most good?"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-01-30, 22:38

Robillard is standing awkwardly to the side, uncertain of precisely what Leewan is trying to accomplish. However, no matter Leewan intends, Robillard recognizes that here, in public, is probably not the best place to stage a confrontation between secular and religious power.

"Cardinal Schiller, it is imperative that we have a chance to speak with you in private." As he says this, his eyes dart between Schiller and Leewan.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-01-31, 00:37

The crowd around has started to grow (not much considering the population of the town but still) and Schiller raises his hand to his chin for a couple moments and rubs it. He then drops his hand and proclaims "A splendid idea, Lord Griswald! With a war on the horizon, we should ensure that every hour of daylight is filled with praise to our Goddess such that our fighting soldiers can return safely!"

He turns to Robillard and says "I'm sorry, my dear Robillard, but I have to ensure that prayers are seen to in these dark and trying times. Perhaps you can catch me after a service but until then I have a lot of work to do."

He turns back towards the staple with a dramatic twirl of his crimson clothes and he shouts to some priests standing by the door "Start drawing up shifts for ringing the bell! I want it ringing loud enough that it can be heard down the mountains!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treachery shrugs and says "I know not where I would go. Perhaps I'd take a ship to the isles North and make my fortune there. Perhaps others in Acren are willing to fight the good fight."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2017-01-31, 02:21

"Loud enough to be heard in the lych tundras Cardinal! You will be coming with us. Let your clergy tend to the peasants, your guidance is even more blessed and is best served as a beacon of faith for the soldiers of Griswald as they do battle with the lych armies. No man who could still call himself Cardinal of Griswald can abandon the men as they march against very enemies of our goddess."

Leewan steps in so close to Schiller that their breaths are felt upon each other's faces. He whispers for none but he and Schiller to hear.

"Go grovel before your Talon lords. I understand from their serious ways that they do not reward failure with mercy. If your masters desire simple and easy access to the castle then let them bring a real priest of their order to safeguard Griswald from the darker forces. For all our unwilling stake in this conflict we will have a competent and able agent of the faith acting as our guard and keeper."

Leewan waits for Schiller's quiet response.

[And unless the congregation of villagers is directly inside the church they are not around.]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-01-31, 09:57

Schiller eyes the crowd but never changes his facing from Leewan. The numbers watching are only increasing and many are mumbling to each other. Schiller responds loud enough for all to hear "I quite like your enthusiasm, Lord Griswald. If only our bells could ring so loud such that the accursed ones could know how close they are to their deaths. If the matter you wish to speak about is so important than let all those you rule hear them."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2017-01-31, 11:24

Leewan turns to the crowd.

"You can collect your gossip on our day of prayer. Until then your lot has work to do. Any who don't face the regular punishments for refusing to work."

He turns around again to Schiller, speaking in whisper.

"Those with real authority could use their ways to bury me as I sleep if that was their intention. Your failure to find your quarry speaks to your inadequacy. If an aged member of the faith such as yourself thinks joining our men in righteous battle against the lych and their heretics too much, then for your own sake I would have you return to the comforts of the capital."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-01-31, 12:23

The crowd turn away and begin leaving with much grumbling. Schiller waits for them to have all left and says with a smile "My inadequacies you say? I suppose it was inadequate of me to stretch my influence in the church to send a Talon to watch over you. I suppose it was inadequate of me to manoeuvre a Shadow to show you what it means for me to have the title of Cardinal. And I suppose it was inadequate of me to give your educator poison capable of putting him in a near death state such that I could save his life."

He then switches to match Leewans whisper "Do not presume to claim I am inadequate at my job, Lord Griswald. Lest you find out how much I keep the darkness at bay when I am not here."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2017-01-31, 16:06

Leewan's response is spoken without emphasis or whisper: "If you wish to bear the burden of the world on your shoulders so be it. Do not falter. House Griswald is faithful to Themis and the King, not to factions of men who wage political wars in secret."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-01-31, 19:01

Schiller keeps his smile and says "Why do you think I had not told you before? I have never doubted the Griswald families loyalties nor your devotion."

He turns back towards the church and says "Now if you'll excuse me, Lord Griswald. I do believe I have work to attend to."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2017-01-31, 19:04

Leewan leaves for the castle.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2017-01-31, 20:39

"Fighting the good fight?" Gwain echos. "And what fight in Acren could possibly be more good then defending it from the Lichdom threat? All our work to defend the common folk will mean nothing if the Liches turn them all into one of their horrendous abominations. I will accept your decision to leave no matter what, but I will only support it if it was not rooted in cowardice. If you fear what their armies might do to you, then that is all the more reason to defend our country from them. If you fear what you might do to their innocents, then that is all the more reason to fill our army with men of pure hearts."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-01-31, 23:53

A gust from the ocean sweeps between Gwain and Treachery and a long pause is had while waiting for it to die down. Finally, Treachery responds "I never said I was leaving yet, old friend. Simply questioning your resolve. I fear this war will be the death of you and this country will be consumed by the heartless."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leewan and Robillard leave Schiller and on their ascent to the castle the bells from the town bellow can be heard ringing already. The guards at the gate give salutes to both brothers as they approach and on passing through Leewan sees his wife and son waiting for him alongside Ritter who has a worried look in his eyes. The young Griswald heir runs forward at the site of his father and stops just short of him.

The boy says on reaching his father "You're back Father! I heard there's going to be a war. Can I come?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2017-02-01, 00:09

"Practice your sword fighting. If you can best Robillard in an honest fight then you will have proven yourself worthy of coming to war. Griswalds may only subject themselves to the danger of battle if they can overcome it Edlass."

Leewan awkwardly gives Edlass a pat on the head to subdue him.

He approaches his wife and Ritter.

"What is the news of our lands dear wife?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2017-02-01, 00:15

Gwain steps forward and clasps his hand on Treachery's shoulder. "Then let those with their hearts still intact not abandon it." With one more step, Gwain closes the last of the distance between them and wraps his dear friend in a tender embrace. "Anthony, It will be an honor to serve together."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-02-01, 08:43

While Leewan handles business, Rob goes up to Edlass and kneels down, so he can speak on a more even footing.

"Your father is right, you know. It's too dangerous out there for little boys. But come, would you like to do some training before we leave?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-02-01, 17:31

Edlass crosses his arms and gives that stereotypical little kid pout "How am I supposed to beat you when all I ever get to do is study?"

Lady Griswald responds with a hint of sadness in her voice "Oh it's been terrible my dear. Your cousin was brutally killed while visiting your Uncle at his home! It was the saddest news I've heard in the longest time, and she had just married and the newlyweds were telling their poor father the good news. And now there's talk of some terrible beast making it's nest in the mountains!"

Ritter nods in acknowledgement to the last part and says "There are reports of a manticore stealing livestock and it's killed a number of peasants and guards down the mountain. Ohly is already preparing a hunting party to track it down and kill it."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treachery responds by saying "Lead on, my friend. We'll show the Lich's what pure hearts can do."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-02-01, 17:47

Robillard laughs, "Well that's why you need to eat your bread and drink your beer, so you can grow big and strong like me. I'm sure your father will be willing to let you miss your study for training with the greatest Knight of the mountain. What do you say Leewan?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2017-02-01, 23:05

Leewan nods.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-02-01, 23:39

"Then let us go to the training grounds! I'll be sure to make a man out of you yet, little one." With that, Robillard scoops up Edlass and carries him off to the training grounds. He makes sure to duck down when moving through doorways to avoid braining the only reasonable heir of House Griswald. He also goes to the kitchens on the way to the training grounds, so he can pick up a mug of beer for himself and a mug of watered down beer for Edlass.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-02-02, 00:19

Edlass is ecstatic for the opportunity to practice his swordsmanship and get some time away from books. On the way around the castle and on Robillards shoulders he constantly asks questions about the castle and what kinds of great battles Robillard has been in. Robillard weaves the young boy many stories of his time in the crusades but makes sure to leave out the particularly gruesome and depressing parts lest the boy become as depressing as his father.

Once at the training grounds Edlass runs off and comes back with a wooden sword that would equate to a longsword for children. He looks up at Robillard and says with glee in his eyes "Come on! Lets fight!"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-02-02, 00:42

Rob picks up a wooden short sword for himself and beckons Edlass forward. He still holds his mug in his other hand.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2017-02-02, 00:52

Leewan speaks to Ritter and his (nameless?) wife as they all watch in anticipation of Edlass being brutally smashed down.

"We are to remain quiet on the death of the Griswald branch and my uncle. Complicated troubles stir in the capital and we must be as one in facing them. As for the manticore, embed Robillard and Gwain in this hunt. Have Gwain's guard deployed to the vanguard; They have received improved armaments bought from Griswald coin and yet made no achievements on our behalf."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-02-02, 01:22

"Ah yes, a hunt is just the thing for Gwain!" Robillard says as he duels Edlass. He isn't seriously beating the child, more just playing with him. "I would be most pleased to stretch my muscles once more."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-02-02, 16:05

Edlass goes for a dramatic flourish that in a real fight would spell certain death. This little play fight being no real battle, however, Robillard simply delivers a quick jab from a practice sword to Eldass' chest and knocks him on his rear. The young boy rubs his chest where there is undoubtedly a bruise and says "I'm not done yet!" He then begins standing up and picks up his sword again.

Ritter nods to Leewan and says "I'll make sure to alert Ohly that your brothers will be joining him. The hunt is set to begin tomorrow morning from the sounds of things. I'll ensure little is said to the common folk and the soldiers about your relatives death."

Edlass takes a slash at Robillard which is blocked with ease and says "You're not afraid of that monster, Uncle? Ohly says there poison can kill a man in a minute!"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2017-02-02, 16:11

Leewan beckons to his wife.

"We move to a private location. You must be informed on delicate matters that came to light at the capital. Your wit will be required to maintain this house as I set out for war."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-02-02, 20:49

What's Her Face (Leewans wife's name until she has a name) nods and gestures for Leewan to follow. After making their way down a series of halls the two come to a familiar room that acts as a small study. Leewan remembers spending many an hour in this room during his childhood when not at his Uncles estate but today the small desk and bookshelves are caked in dust.

What's Her Face lights a couple of candles in the room to provide some light and speaks in a hushed tone "What is it you must tell me Leewan?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2017-02-02, 21:15

"A seditious faction of lords has begun to form. A civil war lurks beyond the more current conflict against the lyches. Simultaneously cabals of clergy in the church have escalated their battle among one another and if we are not careful their separate acts of rage will subsume us. Divulging the smallest details of these swelling currents is of no value. The more secrets your are privy to the more you are at risk."

Leewan takes a seat and exhales deeply.

"I have shared these secrets to give you reason to be on guard. Alliances will be made and a political storm will be brewed. Our remote location permits us a greater chance to keep to neutral ground. In my absence I ask you use your faculties to their fullest to keep house Griswald from being pawn to church, king or rebel."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-02-02, 21:36

What's Her Face comes close to her husband and gently says "These walls and mountains will keep us safe as they always have my dear. I will ensure that any nobles and dignitaries who approach your lands are met with the hospitality required and that their attempts at forcing us to choose a side fall on deaf ears. I would never let any harm come to my family."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-02-02, 23:17

"Ha!" scoffs Robillard, draining his mug in one swallow. "Poison?! I fear no poison! Feel these arms! See these bulging muscles! Themis protects those who protect themselves, and what a body she has given me for my own protection."

Robillard kneels down so Edlass can feel his biceps if he wishes. If Edlass does choose to come close, he will snatch him up and throw him in the air like a baby.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-02-03, 00:51

Edlass makes to come closer but catches Robillard off guard by taking a swipe with his sword at the arm instead. He then laughs and says with glee "Ha ha! You'd have lost an arm there! Never let your guard down is what I was taught."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2017-02-03, 03:34

With the matter of Treachery's next step now decided, the two return to the castle. There they make merriment with the others and relax until otherwise disturbed.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-02-03, 07:27

"Agh, you have slain me!" Rob collapses to the ground, with appropriate sound effects for dying and blood spewing everywhere.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-02-03, 09:57

Edlass giggles a little at Robillards dramatic display and says "Now I get to go on the hunt! I beat you!"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-02-03, 18:43

Robillard continues to lie dead, holding his breath and remaining as still as possible.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-02-03, 20:48

Robillard lies as quietly as possible and feels a few pokes with a wooden sword at his side from Edlass. Before Robillard can surprise the young boy the voice of the house Steward Gerfried is heard from a short distance "Young Edlass you're late for your tutoring. I won't have a dull boy becoming the master of this castle!"

Ritter gives a chuckle and says in response "The boy is practising his arm, old man. It's only the second time his Uncle has been here in his memory."

Gerfried responds "Is that Robillard lying on the ground like a fool there? Stop poking him now boy."

Edlass backs away a little and says with obvious childish sadness "But Uncle Rob isn't getting up! I beat him in a fight and I want to go on the hunt tomorrow!"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-02-03, 20:51

Robillard will continue biding his time until the boy comes close enough to grab. He can hold his breath for quite a long time. [2.5 minutes before I have to start making tests, and then its only a test every minute.]
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-02-03, 20:54

A movement of air which undoubtedly comes from Gerfried in an exacerbated hand gesture is heard and he says "Only if Themis herself says you can go will you go on such a hunt! Such a creature that they hunt would eat you whole boy!"

A thump nearby Robillard is heard from Edlass sitting and he says "I can fight it. Uncle Gwain wouldn't let it do that to me and it'd be too scared of what my father would do to it."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-02-03, 20:56

Now that Edlass is sitting down (and probably won't run away as easily) Rob will burst into action, surging forth like a crocodile tearing out of a river after a fat zebra.

Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-02-03, 21:09

The rather horrifying description by which Robillard surprises the child Edlass commences. Robillard suddenly strikes out with an arm with the boy's attention now elsewhere and a squeal is given out in response as Robillard easily pulls him into his tremendous strength and buries Edlass in his massive musculature and frame. Edlass continues to yelp out for help but all Ritter does is stand there laughing hysterically while Gerfried shakes his head with a big smirk on his face.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-02-03, 21:11

"Never let your guard down is what I was taught," Robillard whispers into his nephew's ear, then lets him down onto the floor. "Perhaps you can join us on a hunt for some other prey someday, little one. But for now I think it is time you do your book learning."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2017-02-04, 00:59

"I understand it was not always your design to take on the name Griswald but your tenacity and commitment to execution of action is what our house name stands for."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-02-05, 14:42

Edlass gives a sigh and says "Fiiiiine, I'll go to my studies." He then runs off to Gerfried and leaves the garden area where the play bout was happening. Ritter still has a big smirk on his face from Robillards antics but otherwise doesn't say anything else.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If anyone wishes to hurt my family they will have to fight me as much as you. Is there anything else you needed to tell me, my dear? We all need someone to confide in and I've always been here to listen." Erika responds to Leewan. She takes a seat opposite of Leewan as she says the last part.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2017-02-05, 15:02

"Not yet, not now. I must tend to order and efficiency in our lands as best I can before our forces march for war."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-02-05, 15:09

"Ritter! Find my brother and tell him to prepare for the hunt! I will ready myself." Robillard spends the next hour exercising, running through footwork and stance drills with The Rising Dawn. He slays many valiant training dummies.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-02-05, 15:15

Ritter sends a couple soldier off to find Gwain and soon Gwain receives message that his brother Robillard wishes to speak with him. About an hour and a half after Robillard sent for Gwain he arrives in the garden and sees Robillard training with his mighty greatsword in the sparring grounds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With everything said between Leewan and Erika Leewan the former takes their leave. As Leewan goes somewhere he comes across Ritter walking through the halls and he says "My Lord, your brothers are meeting to go over the details of the hunt tomorrow. I understand that there is a war coming soon but surely you could use some rest after your travels?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2017-02-05, 15:17

"You sent for me Robillard?" Gwain inquires upon arriving at the training grounds.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-02-05, 15:53

Robillard plants his sword in the ground as he turns around, wiping the sweat from his brow. "Before we deal with the Lich lords, we have trouble closer to home. A foul beast has made its home in our pure mountains, and we must root it out. We ride out soon, to bring back the manticore's vile head. Prepare your men; Leewan was explicit in ordering them to accompany us."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2017-02-05, 16:04

"A manticore?" Gwain muses. "That's quite something. I can't say I have much experience with hunting beasts. Is it true that one drop of their venom can slay 10 men?"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next