Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 10 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-02-05, 16:35

"My battles were against heretics and abominations, not natural foes. I'm sure tales of their danger are greatly exaggerated. Odds are some shepherds were probably surprised by a lion or some other mundane creature."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 10 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by InteroVegas on 2017-02-05, 19:05

"My kin have not seen battle since the summer raids. This hunt will kindle their martial spirits for the effort ahead. I will remain in the keep and preside over any court disputes that have been put on hold in my absence."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-02-05, 23:45

[Leewan will be handling matters of state and the other two brothers are going on a hunt tomorrow. Say whatever else you wish and whatever else you wish to do and we'll go to the next day.]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2017-02-06, 00:25

[Leewan is good, he's not going to find an artifact tonight he didn't stumble upon in 30 some years of living in the castle]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald on 2017-02-06, 00:58

Before rallying his men for the hunt ahead, Gwain asks around the castle to see if their arms room stores any beast poison. If not, he'll spend whatever time is left of the day searching the market below. When the errands are finished, Gwain will prepare his guard for the hunt ahead.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-02-06, 07:24

Robillard will check on Guinevere, making sure she doesn't have any stones in her talons and that her feathers are properly groomed. He will also prepare his armor and weapons.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-02-06, 18:00

The brothers of Griswald spend the rest of their first day back preparing their equipment for the next day and attending to matters of state. The following morning a small breakfast is had in the dining hall while Leewans advisors continue to bring him up to speed on events of little import going on in the territory. Robillard and Gwain notice that Ohly isn't among those sitting with Leewan this morning. Robillard and Gwain take their leave of the dining hall and make for the barracks leaving Leewan to his business of the day (whatever that is).

On arrival to the barracks Robillard and Gwain see a group of around ten men donning light armour and buckling bows and other weapons to themselves. Many wear brown cloaks to fight off the cold and others have hoods sewn into the necks of their armour for ease of use. The entire group of men turn to look at the brothers and many simply nod in acknowledgement while others give a minor salute. After a few moments the door to the barracks opens up behind the brothers and a snow covered Ohly walks in through the door wearing furs to stay warm.

Ohly closes the door behind him and says "Your older brother is sending you off with us eh? Gwain I can understand but hunting a beast like this is no place for a soldier, Robillard. You'll be too loud and get someone killed."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-02-06, 18:03

"I am sure there are a few differences between killing a man and a beast, but they both bleed. If it bleeds I can kill it."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-02-06, 18:15

Ohly gives a gruff sigh and says "Not if you can't catch it."

He moves past both of you and whistles loudly with both of his fingers. From further down the barracks the sound of barking can be heard and suddenly two large dogs come running right up to Ohly and sit at his feet. he then shouts to the ten men "Alright men, finish your preparations and get outside the barracks. It's going to be a long hike up the mountain."

Ohly turns back around to the door and the dogs follow closely at his heels. He walks back to the door between Robillard and Gwain and the blistering cold outside bursts through the door on its opening. He turns back to Robillard and Gwain before he exits through the door and says "Make sure you grab a pair of snowshoes. The snow up towards the top is as deep as a man some places."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-02-06, 18:57

Robillard grabs the largest pair of snowshoes he can find, saddened that Guinevere will not be accompanying him.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-02-07, 12:09

Robillard and Gwain grab snowshoes from the racks on the wall and leave through the door. Waiting outside is the entirety of Gwains Guard and soon after the ten rangers come out from the barracks. The stark contrast between the men in tights and the rangers is extremely obvious and would undoubtedly merit many laughs were the group of twenty-three not hunting a dangerous beast.

Ohly walks over to Robillard and Gwain once they are out of the barracks and says "These ten men and I are going to make for the western side of the mountain once we leave the castle. You two and the rest will be making for the east side and we'll both progress up. Scout reports from a couple days ago indicate its lair is towards the south eastern side about a mile from the summit. Once you're at the right altitude start going towards the lair and we'll hopefully trap the beast."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald on 2017-02-07, 15:11

"We'll need a way to signal each other when we find it," states Gwain. "Will the sound of the hunting horns be able to carry over the wind?"

Last edited by Tristan Sky on 2017-02-07, 16:50; edited 1 time in total
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-02-07, 16:43

"This plan seems well thought out. Gwain, perhaps you and your men should go ahead of me slightly. I admit, I am not the stealthiest of men. Although," and here Robillard pauses to glance at all the tights, "will you all be warm enough in the mountain snows?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-02-07, 18:20

Ohly responds to Gwain and ignores the tights conundrum "If the winds stay slow the sounds of horns will carry. This monster is clever, however, so try not to alert it to our presence with such loud noises."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald on 2017-02-07, 23:14

"In that case..." Gwain shuffles around in his pack for a moment. After a few seconds, he produces lighting oil and bandages. "We'll use these. When you see the beast, wrap an arrow head in cloth and drench it in oil. Light it, then once the flame is strong, shoot it as high as you can. If you're not too far, you'll be able to signal us without making too much noise."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-02-08, 07:32

"Very well! Now let us head out! I am ready to feel blood on my blade once more."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-02-08, 11:21

Ohly nods in agreement with Gwain and takes the oil and rag. The two parties make for the castle gates and once outside split up and begin climbing the mountain. At the current altitude and season, snow isn't yet covering the ground but the cold winds that come whipping down the mountains sides still cut deep to the bone. The group of Robillard, Gwain, and Gwains Guard stalk their way up the mountain side with Robillard obviously beeing the one out of place in the group and taking much longer than the others to move quietly (if you could call it that).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leewan begins attending to matters of state. He takes his seat in his black throne in his hearing hall for the first time in what feels like forever. The members of his court (except Ohly) are all present for the first official court hearing in a little over a month. As time goes by numerous citizens, merchants, and minor nobles come through to plead cases, deliver complaints, and so on until eventually Eichenwald comes through the door to the court in a storm. The guards do their best to keep him from making a scene but he shouts nonetheless

"How am I supposed to work when the shipwrights don't even know aft from starboard? The equipment around here is so intolerable that it borders on barbarous! How can I build a ship worthy a King when the wood is so full of water it'd sink!?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-02-08, 11:36

Robillard draws his sword as they near the lair.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2017-02-08, 14:04

Leewan barks out: "KNEEL!" and waits for Eichenwald to show due deference.

"Apply your skills shipwright. Our raiding vessels best all save the King's personal warship. My steward has standing orders to keep your expenditure under scrutiny."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-02-08, 16:55

The men continue their ascent and heaps of snow begin to appear on the ground the group hikes higher. The trees become increasingly sparse and the number of men begins to fan out so as not lessen the likelihood of beeing spotted in such a large group. As the snow gets deeper and deeper the men have to begin move exceedingly cautiously lest they fall into an unseen ravine and never be seen again.

Upon reaching an approximate appropriate hight to what Ohly had said Gwain loses a fire arrow off into the sky as far as he can shoot it and waits for a response. He and Robillard stand waiting for the response call for several minutes but nothing comes into the sky. Before Gwain and Robillard have time to discuss any of what could be going on a blood-curdling scream is heard from lower down the mountain. Gwain and Robilard rush down to where the screams are coming from alongside several other members of Gwains Guard who they meet up with and come across the sight of a disembowelled Gluttony lying face up in the snow among a small cluster of trees. Off past the grove of trees a monstrous beast can be seen holding a screaming Pride in its jaws by his neck. One quick snap of the beast's neck and Pride is silenced for good with horror in his eyes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eichenwald ceases his yelling when Leewan does and the guards let him go. He approaches and kneels before the throne and listens to Leewan speak. He responds in an arrogant tone "Best ships in Acren, maybe, but not on the seas. It's no wonder with what you're working with, the ineptitude of your shipwrights is staggering. If I'm to build you vessels worthy of ruling the seas then I'll need money enough to redesign your entire infrastructure. If all you seek from me is one ship of slightly better quality than those I've seen here then so be it. Do not expect me to do business with you again, however."

Last edited by Dekaru on 2017-02-08, 17:57; edited 1 time in total
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-02-08, 17:57

Suddenly the image before Gwains eyes vanishes as he blinks in disbelief. Suddenly he is back standing next to Robillard and the fire arrow singing off into the distance. He looks around him and sees the ten members of Gwains Guard all standing behind the two brothers and Gluttony and Pride give Gwain a strange look as he stares at them for an extra amount of time. Gwain can't quite put his finger on it but he feels as though his destiny has changed
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald on 2017-02-08, 18:02

After shaking his head in confusion, Gwain ushers an order to the party. "Stay together men. Remember, this isn't some fat juicy game we're hunting. The creature has been terrorizing the whole area all on its own. If it wants one of us, it will have to deal with all of us."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-02-08, 21:39

"If only we could find the beast!" Robillard grumbles. "Any sensible creature would be inside somewhere warm. We should find its den. That's where I would be."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2017-02-08, 22:25

"In these lands craftsmen prove their skill before begging for coin and improved tools. Demonstrate your claimed prowess by making better one of the ships in my force. With the time I remain here I expect you can effect a minor improvement to one ship. More than that, if indeed your skill matches backs your claim house Griswald will only purchase the improved infrastructure if you swear to do further work on our behalf. I would have you improve every vessel in the fleet in return for fair payment."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-02-08, 23:00

The group of hunters begin moving along the mountainside and still, no return signal comes up. The going in slow on account of trying to ensure nobody falls to their deaths and on one occasion Wrath slips under the snow only to be quickly pulled up by Sloth who he was tied to by rope. Eventually, after about three hours, the group reaches a particularly sheer rocky slope that the snow struggles to cling onto. Off in the distance of the rocky slope a small hole that must lead to the beasts den can be seen. Still, no return signal has come from Ohly's party, however, and the men of Gwains Guard are hesitant to go on without the backup.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eichenwald ponders to himself for a moment but snaps his fingers and says "Point me at your lead ship and I'll ensure it becomes the best in the fleet bar none. Shouldn't be too hard if I can get some real materials to use." He begins to walk away with knew motivation for his work leaving Leewan a last chance to say something before he leaves.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-02-08, 23:02

"Light your torches," whispers Robillard. "We must strike fast. If we send up a series of flares, I am sure Ohly will come quickly."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald on 2017-02-09, 00:13

The members of Gwain's Guard look blankly at Robillard for a moment. "Sorry Robillard," Gwain interjects, "the guard doesn't take orders from just anybody. In any case, striking fast is the last thing we want to do here. We'll send the signal and wait for our back up. If the beast appears, we'll fight it if we have to. When help arrives, we'll smoke it out of its hole and fight it in the open where it can't get the jump on us."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2017-02-09, 00:20

"I earnestly desire to see your success Eichenwald. A mighty shipwright would be a boon to our war machinations."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-02-09, 11:36

"More waiting!" mutters the frustrated Robillard. "Very well, but I hope this all moves along quickly."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-02-11, 14:29

As Robillard and Gwain discuss their plan of action one of the members of Gwains Guard (Greed in particular) says "Um, sirs, I think that's why there's no return signal." Gwain and Robillard turn to see the man pointing across the sheer slope to an outcropping on the other side. Standing atop the rocks is a bloodied monstrosity of a creature with numerous arrows jutting out of its flanks and blood soaked fur around its mouth.

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 10 Mantic11
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald on 2017-02-11, 16:32

Without a moment to lose, Gwain spurs his men to action. "Good eye Greed. Company, open fire!"

[9 on initiative]

Last edited by Tristan Sky on 2017-02-11, 17:55; edited 1 time in total
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-02-11, 17:31

[initiative?]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-02-11, 20:38

The group begins ruffling through their gear to pull out weapons and as they do so a roar comes across the gap that sounds similar to that a lion would give (if you knew what that sounds like). The sound of the roar echoes down the mountain and the beast slinks off out of sight before weapons are drawn. The sense of dread begins to set in as everyone realizes that the hunter may have just become the hunted.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-02-12, 16:03

Robillard starts looking around the sheer wall face for a possible way to climb across, or go around, or get closer to where the manticore appeared in any way.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald on 2017-02-12, 18:17

Just as Gwain knocks his first two arrows, his face turns to dismay as he realizes the beast is out of sight. "That's not good... Okay men, we're not about to get batted off this cliff. Our only option is the cave. Heaven, you take the lead into the cave, Robillard, you bring up the rear. Those with long swords, keep a lit torch in one hand. Everyone else, keep your bows drawn and ready to fire."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-02-12, 19:54

Heavens face goes even paler than it already is in this cold and simply nods. The group quickly work to create a rope system by which the cliffside can be crossed to reach the cave entrance and Heaven is the first to begin crossing and slowly works his way over. A few others start to go after him while the rest keep extremely wary eyes up towards the top of the mountain. By the time Robillard and Gwain have made the cross Heaven and a couple of others have already moved in to the cave to secure the entrance.

The interior of the cave is quiet except for the sound of the wind rushing outside and relatively free of snow on the floor aside from some at the entrance. The channel that leads into the mountain is roughly four men wide and it immediately strikes Robillard and Gwain that the cuts into the rock could not be made by nature. Gwain takes a moment to dig through some rubble on the ground and confirms these suspicions when he picks up a broken pickaxe from among the rocks.

Robillard and Gwain eye each other with equal parts wonder and question but before they can say anything a shout from down further into the cave can be heard from heaven "Gwain, you should come and take a look at this!"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-02-12, 22:13

"Go, brother! I will guard this entrance." Robillard stands facing the entrance, having unslung his shield and strapped it to his arm. Dressed for battle, adrenaline filling his veins, his doubts are silenced in his mind.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald on 2017-02-12, 23:48

Gwain looks back toward Robillard and gives him a nod, hardly giving himself the time to entertain the fact this could be the last time they see each other alive. "On my way! Everyone else, stay on your guard!"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-02-13, 12:19

Robillard talks up the front of the guard and two others stand behind him with short swords drawn. Three other members of Gwains Gaurd stand a ways further back (about ten meters) in the tunnel with bows drawn and arrows knocked ready for whatever may come from the entrance. The tension before the inevitable conflict rises as all at the entrance wait.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gwain and four others follow the sound of Heaven's voice down the winding tunnel. A few short offshoots periodically occur in the space and Gwain notices that some contain old and beat up looking crates while others contain excavation tools. Eventually, Gwain and company come to a widened room in the cave with wide rocky shelves to the sides. The entirety of the circular space spans about twenty meters in diameter but the most predominant feature is a large stone door with heavy runic inscriptions upon it on the opposite end of where Gwain enters.

Heaven stands in front of the door and says "Take a look at this." He moves out of the way in a dramatic fashion revealing the symbol of a Griswald fox-emblazoned on the bottom right corner of the door.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald on 2017-02-13, 13:56

Gwain stands in awe, savoring the incredible discovery before him. "That's... that's incredible Heaven, but unfortunately it will have to wait. I already have a bad feeling about splitting up. We need to get back to the rest of the company before it's too late."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-02-13, 14:29

A couple of minutes pass after Gwain has left Robillard and the few others to guard the entrance. Soon, however, Robillard sees small amounts of snow begin to fall above the cave entrance. Before Robillard can speak to those around him suddenly bursting from the entrance is not one, but two manticores with one already bearing arrows and blood on its fur. The beasts waste no time in their lightning fast and ferocious assault and a loud roar from each of them goes echoing down the tunnel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Gwain gawks at the finding a loud roar is heard echoing down the tunnel. Suddenly, from one of the rocky ledges surrounding the group small whimpers and feline wines can be heard once the sound of the roar goes out. Gwain is suddenly struck with then realisation that there are manticore pups hidden in the craggy rocks.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-02-13, 14:49

"They're here! Fight, men, fight for Themis!" roars Robillard, hoping Gwain hears his shout. [7 on initiative.]
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-02-13, 17:32

As the beasts roar the charge forward into the three men guarding the entrance. The beasts leap forward into the defensive line with claws outstretched and their vicious stingers ready to pierce. One leaps straight into Robillard and the other into Greed with only a short sword and leather armour to protect himself. The already wounded beast scores a vicious hit into Robillard (8 damage) while he focuses his attention on avoiding the giant stinger coming right for his chest.

Greed is not so lucky as the creature crushes him up against the wall wish one paw swipe and delivers a stinger hit to his upper torso. Greed's eyes go wide in pain and as the stinger slides out from his flesh coated in blood he falls to the ground spasming in pain. After a few brief moments, he stops moving entirely and the beast turns to the rest of the intruders.

Gwain rushes on as fast as he can already hearing the screams of battle. He worries if he is too late and that he too may die on this godforsaken mountain.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-02-13, 18:24

Robillard, trusting in the strength of his armor which has been tested over years of battle, allows the stinger to scrape harmlessly against him. In return, he whips The Rising Dawn towards the beast, hoping for a quick and deadly kill. [Rolled a 21 on my attack, 9 damage per success.]
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-02-13, 18:55

Robillard swings his blade and delivers a mighty blow straight into the beast's side and it lets out a roar of pain. Unfortunately, much to Robillards dismay, the beast still stands and it's stinger poised to strike down to defend its home.

Two arrows fly towards the unwounded beast and one scores a hit but the other hits the armoured portion of the beast's body and bounces off pathetically. The third arrow flies into the melee between Robillard and the beast but soars past and out the cave likely due to the archer doing his best not to hit Robillard. Finally the only remaining man holding the line charges in to assist Robillard but due to the fury with which it fights is forced to turn his attack into a dodge of a sweeping claw.

The beast Robillard is engaged roars out in pain as he removes his blade. In lightning fast speed the stinger strikes out and lands another hit on Robillard but this time much harder than before (8 damage piercing 2, if you take damage you suffer a poison effect). The second beast looks at the archers and roars loud enough that Gwains ears ring further down the cave. It charges forward and with a swipe of a claw knocks Wrath straight down onto the ground with a resounding thud (18 damage, may take injuries and such as usual).

Gwain and company finally come into view of the horror unfolding. His brother is stabbed is a gigantic stinger and being pulled out of his flesh with fresh blood on it and Wrath is face first on the ground with a large monster among another two with bows drawn.

Gwain swears he here's Treachery say "Themis help us" as the sight of Greed lying still on the ground.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-02-13, 20:09

Again Robillard trusts in the armor to protect him, but this time the stinger punches through. Poison pumps into his veins, and his body takes on an ice cold chill. His neck and face tighten in response to the venom, but he fights through, swinging the sword in a flat arc into the foul creature once more. [Again rolled a 21, 9 per success, including the wound.]
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-02-13, 21:00

Robillard brings his massive blade down into the beasts collarbone and sends it reeling in pain and it takes a swipe at Robillard (hitting for 6 damage so likely none) as a well-shot arrow finds its mark in the creature's stomach as it reels. Unfortunately, the member of Gwains Guard helping Robillard in the melee delivers a blow that simply plinks off the beast's armor.

Gwain looses two arrows into the flank of the unwounded manticore and both find their mark. Two men from Gwains Guard charge in with swords drawn only to have their blades turned away by the beasts frantic and dangerous movements. A flurry of arrows come from the other men into the beast and injure it as arrows bury into its flesh. In return, the creature delivers a deadly swipe to Heavens face wounding him severely with a giant gash and likely a destroyed eye alongside a quick jab from its tail into Sloth sending him reeling against the injected poison straight to the ground in the same manner as Gluttony before him.

[Rob also suffers another wound from the poison]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-02-13, 21:10

[Unsurprisingly, Rob is easily able to make the two checks to avoid any penalties to his endurance.]

The Manticore's claws slide harmlessly across Robillard's armor as he draws the blade out of the creature. He tries to scream in rage, but even his vocal cords cannot beat the venom. Incensed, he brings the blade forth again, hoping this will be the final blow that will bring the monster down.

[Not messing with you guys, I rolled another 21. At least this rolling system is consistent.]
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-02-13, 21:47

Robillard raises his sword high over his head as the beast falls to the ground staggered and heavily wounded. In one swift motion he brings the Rising Dawn down on his foe and bisects the beasts head in one swing. Simultaneously, a flurry of arrows goes into the beast from Gwains Guard forcing the remaining manticore to collapse in pain. Gwain, seeing his opportunity, fires off two arrows at the beast's heart and a satisfying crunch is heard as they go through the beasts bones and silence it for good. With both monsters slain the brothers look around and realize that only two casualties were taken in this fight.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-02-13, 21:51

Robillard pants, but unfortunately is still unable to speak. He stands for a moment, staring at the massive corpses, before rushing to do whatever he can for the poisoned casualties. [7 on the healing check.]
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next