Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chocolate Destiny: kooking with kaede

2 posters

Go down

Chocolate Destiny: kooking with kaede Empty Chocolate Destiny: kooking with kaede

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-02-12, 08:32

Divergence from https://churchofproz.forumotion.net/t1340p100-chocolate-destiny#25629
As soon as the two of you leave the room, Freda lets loose her curiosity with a barrage of excited questions. "So what's your name? Are you really a serving wench for those men? You don't look like one to me. Is that armor you're wearing?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chocolate Destiny: kooking with kaede Empty Re: Chocolate Destiny: kooking with kaede

Post by kaede 2015-02-12, 08:48

Skuld chuckles at the girls questions "But of course! When one works for one such as Lil Prince Ali, you must be prepared to do all sorts of duties such as cleaning, cooking, bookkeeping, babysitting, and "taking out the trash". She replies in her accent all not breaking stride or pausing.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Chocolate Destiny: kooking with kaede Empty Re: Chocolate Destiny: kooking with kaede

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-02-12, 09:09

"Wow, that's amazing! I only do cooking and cleaning. Maybe one day I'll be as good as you."

"Hey, Freda? I'd like to help out in the kitchen as well." The balding man from before jogs over.
"Oh, sure! We could always use more hands, especially when serving your people as well." Freda turns back to you. "So, what kind of 'trash' do you take out?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-02-12, 09:49

"With the prince and his family it changes from day to day, some days its the usual spoiled food and waste, the next some prissy nobleman who gets too big for his is britches." She turns her head to the newcomer. "If I may ask, who are you?"
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-02-12, 11:52

"My name's Caleb Flopsy," he replies, "About time one o'you bothered to ask. You can call me just Caleb, or Flopsy, whatever. Used to run a little butcher place in town, 'fore it got bought out after everyone started moving in. How 'bout you?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-02-12, 12:45

"I am Urd, servant to the Swaggafid dynasty. I hope you don't mind me asking, but why is there such a disparity between the manor and the town bellow? I understand the nobles right to a place as immaculate as this, but all the places ive been to the nobles are not this well off compared to the city they rule over."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-02-12, 13:55

Caleb shrugs as he turns the corner. "Hell if I know. This is the first time I've ever visited a noble's manor. Although..." He looks around. "I have seen merchant's and commoner's places before that were this fancy. Even in Enarou, before the first wave, of course."

Freda reaches the end of the corridor, where there are two doors facing each other.
"Here we are," she declares. "Men on the left, women on the right."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-02-12, 15:33

Skuld nods and enters through the doors, going about helping the cooks.

(Using cooking skill to determine whats being made using what ingredients, and quality of said ingredients.)
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-02-13, 13:59

You go through the door to find instead of the kitchen, you have been led to a small room with a mirror and an open wardrobe containing various clothing fitted for women.
"You can't possibly cook wearing that all that armor, Urd." Freda explains. "Change into something more appropriate first. There's probably something your size, but ask me if there isn't."
She closes the door. (Optional: Pick your cook outfit)
You comply and emerge several minutes later to find Freda waiting with Caleb, who has put on a used apron.
The three of you proceed down another hallway and into the real kitchen. The head cook is a plump man with rosy cheeks and a floppy hat, scurrying about to advise the others.
"We're running low on venison, so make up for it with more seafood dishes! How much tilapia we got in the icebox?"
After a long wait, the head cook finishes yelling and managing and walks over. "So you're the guest's cooks eh? Glad to have you. Just remember this is my swampkitchen, my rules. Now, uh, Urd, was it? What are your liege's demands for dinner?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-02-13, 17:31

Skuld nods, quickly changing into a comfortable suit and pants, though she keeps her longsword strapped to her waist. After following the two to the real kitchen and listens to the head cook she nods. "The prince gave me no instructions, but he usually enjoys tender beef, would you happen to have any buffalo meat in your storage?"
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-02-13, 19:47

"Are you sure you know how to cook? Beef comes from cattle, and no, we don't have buffalo meat. Is he alright with eating fish?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-02-13, 20:18

She nods. "Fish will be fine." She grabs a nearby piece of paper and writes down ingredients and tools needed for Baked Plaice with Pernod and Tomatoes. "Can you get me enough for 4 people."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-02-14, 01:08

"I'd think so. Caleb, you can go down to storage and get what we need. Freda will show you what's where."
"Got it." Caleb and Freda open a small door in the wall that leads downstairs...

You spend the remainder of the "duration" helping to prepare the feast. [pause until next convergence point]
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-02-14, 13:09

As she works she occasionally watches the kitchens cooks, observing their techniques and styles to incorporate them into her own,

()using cooking skill)
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-02-16, 17:12

You pick up a few time saving tips and techniques, making progress on your long way to becoming really good at cooking.

You are working with Caleb on the last dish of plaice when you hear a commotion and several exclamations coming from outside the kitchen.
The head cook scurries over to you, looking flustered.
"Rush order. My lord showed up all of a sudden, said we should be ready to serve in five minutes. Five minutes! We are not even close to being finished!" He purses his lips and massages his temple with both hands.
"Oh, right. He also asked the guest cooks to meet him in the dining room. You guys look like you're done, but we need help to rush the rest of the courses, so only one of you gets the honor of meeting milord." He points out the door to the dining room. "The other comes with me."

Caleb glances at you and shrugs. "Your choice."
The dinner bell starts ringing.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-02-16, 17:19

She looks at the cook curiously. "Why would the lord of the castle wish to meet with us?"
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-02-16, 17:26

"I've got enough on my mind already wench, like how to prepare 12 courses in 5 minutes," the head cook growls, "so please just figure out which of you is going!"

"My guess is he wants to grill us lowly servants for secrets on Lil' Prince Ali," Caleb says. "His true goals, enemies, weaknesses, and the like."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-02-16, 17:48

She sighs. "Oh great more trash to take out, and i didn't even bring my gloves." she mumbles to herself before speaking up. "Very well I shall go."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-02-16, 19:26

"I'd tell you not to tell him any secrets, but I don't think you know any," Caleb says with a wink.

You go through the door. The dining room has three long tables, one close to the kitchen door for the host and his noble guests, and two more for the servants and children. A man stands at the far side of the room, clad in the poofy attire of the nobility.

"Greetings, I am Baron Kurloz," he calls. "Your name is Urd, correct? I forgot to bring my herald with me, so why don't you come over so we don't have to talk so loudly."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-02-16, 19:45

She walks 3/4ths of the way then bows slightly. "No dobut your spys have told you, I am Urd servant to the Prince. If it pleases my lord to tell me, why did ypu pull me away from my job?" She asks a slight threatening tone to het voice.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-02-16, 19:57

He walks the rest of the way to meet you."Oh, I apologize for that. I didn't expected his Majesty to bring his own cooks. Perhaps he was worried for his safety, but I assure you there will be no poison in tonight's meal."
He strokes his black beard, which smoothly tapers down to a single point.
"I wanted to find out what sort of servant Prince Ali employs. You are both cook and warrior, if Freda tells me true."
Before you can react, he reaches out and cups your chin with lanky fingers.
"And so beautiful, too..."
His hand moves up, feeling the contours of your cheek. You are about to stop him when he pulls his hand away voluntarily, smiling.
"Ah, that was a joke, I am lawfully wedded to my lady after all. So tell me, how does the Prince treat his servants?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-02-16, 20:14

After he removes his hand she rests her hand on the hilt of her sword. "We are treated well enough, we don't have to deal with "jokes" unless we want to." She replies calmly with only the barest hint of an edge. "Now is that all or will you ask more asinine questions?"
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-02-16, 20:49

Suddenly, Lil' Prince Ali and Lucas van Luft burst through the double doors into the dining room.
Lucas begins to ask where you got your comfortable suit, but is drowned out by the Lil' Prince shouting "WHAT'S HAPPENIN'?!!!
Shining Swagg immobilizes both you and the Baron momentarily. You break out first.
Ali rushes toward you sword in hand, while his Coterie moves to surround you.

Convergence over: https://churchofproz.forumotion.net/t1340p150-chocolate-destiny#25724
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down