Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malediction

+2
Jarrion Xanatov
InteroVegas
6 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Malediction - Page 2 Empty Re: Malediction

Post by InteroVegas 2013-12-27, 19:22

The guard hesitates but eventually leaves, more afraid of what you might do to him (especially after the rumors of friendly fire on board the space hulk) than punishment he would receive for leaving his post. You stand at his post for half an hour without exchanging words with any of the other guards in the vicinity. The guard you sent off returns to you and looks a little afraid as he speaks: 'Well Sir . . . The Head of Security ordered I relay this message. "When the Lord-Captain doesn't want to be disturbed, you do not disturb him, simple as that. The Lord-Captain's safety is my business, not yours, and you can go ahead and tell whoever else wants to know that I'm doing my job.' . . . I beg you to remember it is not in good taste to kill the messenger."

-----
Meanwhile, Jarrion and his patrols attempt to find the dangerous creature on board [perform a search skill test]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-12-27, 19:30

"I'll be sure to tell him that all I needed to hear was that The Lord Captain was indeed safe and secure. I do not doupt his capabilities but merely needed to hear it so as to assure the rest of the crew."

Darrius makes his way off to find a patrol and help in the search
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-12-27, 19:34

[You can each perform a skill test]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-12-27, 19:38

Perception 45 trained
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by testuser 2013-12-27, 19:38

The member 'Dekaru' has done the following action : Dice Roll\'d

'd100' : 22

testuser
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-12-27, 19:48

Hours pass and you are unable to find any monster.

Over the voxcaster system you hear Glademore: "Preparations for warp jump have finished, we will be departing in 5 minutes."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-12-27, 20:02

Darius radios over the vox caster

"Do you require us on the bridge or are we best to continue looking for the creatures?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-12-27, 20:19

[You are much more than 5 minutes away from the bridge]

Before you get a response the ship sets off into the warp.

Selena's voice booms in your heads "MAKE HASTE TO THE LORD-CAPTAIN, THERE IS A DARK AND FOUL THING THERE!" You have never heard her yell much less sound angry in your entire time of knowing her.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-12-27, 20:24

Darrius grabs the men with him and sprint off to The Lord Captains chambers
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-12-27, 21:39

You make for the Kalthar's abode. You and the eight mercenaries with you turn the corner and see the guards in the corridor standing as they were when you last saw them. The one from before sees you and calls out "What can I do you for Sir? I still can't permit you to enter." Midway through the guards sentence the head of security Albrecht Camlann turns the corner you just came around with five men of his own. Camlann is a swarthy, solidly built man standing 6 feet tall, clad in a gray buttoned down overcoat with a protruding collar. He has short slicked-back hairstyle. Black stubble covers the majority of his square jaw, and furrowed eyebrows lend to his pensive facial expression. A coil of serrated steel hangs at his right leg. He sees you and says "Oh".
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-12-27, 21:51

"You had better hope The Lord Captain is fine or Ill see you dead Camlann"

Darrius then looks to the guards at the door and yells to them

"Open that door and let us in! The Lord Captain is in danger if Selena is right and I'm willing to bet my life she is"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2013-12-28, 00:01

"Pipe down man, you're too eager to paint the blame on someone," Albrecht Camlann growls back. "Just back off and let me handle this. Everyone, away from the entrance!" The guards move back to the corridor. He motions with his left hand and the 5 men form a concave around the door.
Activating the nearby radio com link, he addresses the captain. "Sir, we have good reason to believe you're in danger, hope we're not intruding unnecessarily." Having given forewarning, he opens the door.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-12-28, 00:11

You hear the whirring of gears and the foot thick metal doors slowly slide their way open. The foyer is visible to you from where you stand. In it, priceless artifacts, beast tusks and other prized possessions of the Lord-Captain sit polished and untouched. Portraits of the previous owners of the Solstice decorate the wall space not already occupied by preserved xenos beast heads. A deep red xenos pelt covers the floor and up a few stairs to the back is an ornate wooden door left slightly ajar.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-12-28, 00:32

Darrius whispers to the men

"I'll take point with you Camlann. Be ready for anything we don't know what we're up against."

Darrius then starts to move toward the door hellgun drawn
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2013-12-28, 00:48

Camlann sighs through clenched teeth. "Damn, I should have expected it'd be like this. Try not to touch anything valuable." Taking out the coil, he carefully creeps into the foyer towards the other door, looking out for any hostile creatures lying in wait.

Utilizing Awareness skill (trained, Perception 41)
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by testuser 2013-12-28, 00:48

The member 'Corenat Rovarnus' has done the following action : Dice Roll\'d

'd100' : 45

testuser
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-12-28, 00:57

You detect no hostile creatures but as you walk through the foyer you see fine red spots on the walls, as if it rained whatever red fluid is present. As you near the door the sound of a crackle of electricity comes from inside the room.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-12-28, 01:04

Darrius peers inside the room

Perception 45
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by testuser 2013-12-28, 01:04

'd100' : 19

testuser
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-12-28, 01:16

Opening the door just enough to peek in you see the Lord-Captain . . . nailed to his bed by his own saber and dressed in his finest adventuring clothes. There sheets are wet the Lord-Captain's blood and on the back there is finely painted symbol that must have been made with the Lord-Captain's blood.

The emblem is the following:
Malediction - Page 2 MYABwYp

Last edited by Darkgenesis on 2013-12-28, 01:22; edited 1 time in total
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-12-28, 01:21

Darrius waves the men into the room and walks in flashing the light around to make sure nothing is there before going to check The Lord Captains pulse
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-12-28, 01:33

His pulse is so faint he will be dead in a few seconds. Mayhaps you were on a Forge World right now you could save him with the powerful machines of the Tech-Preists but here on the Solstice you have no such technology. The remainder of the room looks absolutely pristine. You would at least expect signs of struggle like a scuffed rug or a scratch in the wall.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2013-12-28, 01:48

"What? What is it-" Camlann stops short upon seeing the Lord-Captain. "By the Emperor," he groans, slapping his forehead, "This is the worst possible time for this to occur." He briskly walks back out to the corridor and orders the guards to resume restricting access to the Captain's Quarters. "Get some men down to check the vault as well, and let me know if anyone else is headed there is or trying to open it!" Swiftly returning to the bedroom, Camlann stows his whip. "How is he, Seneschal? Do we have the burden of being kingmakers forced upon us?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-12-28, 10:21

"I can't believe I'm saying it but he'll be dead in a few moments. Come, if we are lucky one of The Lord Captains trophy's here could possibly have the ability to revive him. At the very least we need for him to declare an heir lest there be a three way civil war over control of the ship"

Darrius turns to the mercenaries who were brought with him

"Men help secure the area and see if you can find anything of use"

He then makes his way to look through the many relics praying to find something able to save The Lord Captsins life or at least bring him back to consciousness for a little while
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-12-28, 10:26

[Perform Common Lore [Tech] and/or Forbidden Lore [Archaeotech] to identify anything that may be of use. Otherwise you are utterly incapable of doing so.]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-12-28, 11:01

Intelligence 45-5 for background forbidden lore Archeotech trained
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by testuser 2013-12-28, 11:01

'd100' : 26

testuser
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-12-28, 11:05

Of the items you can identify none would save the Lord-Captain. Of the ones you cannot identify you are still certain they are not healing machines. The Lord-Captain has at most half a minute until he is permanently dead.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-12-28, 11:32

Darrius gives up on his persist and makes his way back to The Lord Captain. He then radios over the comms

"This is Lord Vendigroth. Selena, Mekarn, and Glademore to The Lord Captsins quarters"

He then pulls up a chair next to the dying captain and speaks a prayer to the Emperor to give safe passage to the dying captain.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-12-29, 05:47

Xanatov you hear this as well. Will you be heading to Kalthar's quarters to sate your curiosity?
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-12-29, 07:51

Most Certainly!!!
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-12-29, 10:31

Xanatov: You turn the corner into the corridor leading to the Lord-Captain's quarters and see Strondike running at full sprint halfway from the open door. Elizabeth is following a few feet behind. They blaze past you only glancing your way for a moment. You have no idea what would possess them to that. You continue onward into the Lord-Captain's quarters (A place you have never been before.) And see Selena, Glademore . . . all the council members and even the head of security standing in the Lord-Captain's foyer.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-12-29, 10:47

Jarrion walks into the room, unsure as to why everyone is gathered.  "Greetings, gathered Lords!" he says. "Did you all notice Strondike and Nazier fleeing down the hall?  I wonder what could make them..." His words are cut off as he catces sight of the horrific scene in the next room.  "Drusus have mercy!"  Jarrion rushes into the room and kneels next to the bed.  "Darrius, what happened here?!" (His distress is shown by using Lord Vendigroth's first name in a public area.)  Did those two have something to do with this?"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-12-29, 11:58

Darrius shakes his head disbelief at the situation

"So much for damage control. No, to answer your question, they didnt have anything to do with this. The Lord Captain was dead in the same position he is now. The matter of who can take the captains chair will be decided after the current situation is felt with."

Darrius turns to Selena, Mekarn, and Gladamore

"Do we have any idea of the location of the thing that did this or what it was? It is our duty to see whatever did this dead."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-12-29, 12:04

Jarrion interrupts, "I'm sorry Lord Vendigroth, but we have bigger problems to deal with right now. Nazier and Strondike are, at this very moment, rushing to break into the vault and steal our Lord Captains warrant. Who will stand with me and support my claim, that we might fight off these usurpers. For was it not I who brought success to the Space Hulk venture, I, Jarrion of the venerable and noble house Xanatov, and my trusted ally Lord Vendigroth." Jarrion turns to each of the counselors in turn, projecting an aura of power and confidence. "Join me, and we shall build the Solstice into a force to be reckoned with! We sha cruise the stars, and all who hear our name shall tremble at our awesome might!!!"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-12-29, 12:49

"You're jumping at the opportunity to take the chair while the captain still breathes!!! How do you know that they are making for the vault. The warrant alone does not make one captain if none support the claim. Only The Lord Captain himself could name his heir and last I had checked non were named."

Darrius looks over to Camlann

"Take your men and make for the vault and secure it. Nobody enters without the consent of all four of The Lord Captains advisors. Glademore do we have an estimate for how much longer we'll be in the warp?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-12-29, 12:59

Selena is sobbing violently, Rivaille is sprawled out on a leather armchair in the corner of the foyer drinking some kind of alcohol. Mekarn is as mechanically stoic as ever (although it is impossible to tell if the expression is forced or natural).

Glademore is visibly shaking but speaks confidently and with command: "Xanatov sit your childish impudent ass down or go sprinting after the warrant and I swear by emperor's burning soul if you do not stop boasting and campaigning in the dead Lord-Captain's presence that you will discover first hand why those from Navigator families are so feared."

He pauses facing in Xanatov's direction waiting for his response.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2013-12-29, 16:24

Camlann restlessly paces the room with haggard breathing. "I concur, Glademore. Honestly Xanatov, what did you hope to achieve with that little blurb? Besides proving yourself just as much of a vulture as the other two, if not more foolish for not just going for the Warrant," he chimes in somewhat redundantly.

"And for a man of your age, Seneschal, your naivete astounds me. All a body needs to be a Rogue Trader is the Warrant and the ship. And with the fickle nature of the mercenaries on board, anyone with the Warrant is more than likely to win over the rest of the ship."
He shakes his head vigorously. "But thanks for letting me know they haven't already gotten to the vault yet."
Going into the corridor, he barks out orders for all guards save 5 to head for the vault, gathering any neutral soldiers or others to help as they can. "To all security personnel: Do not let anyone into that strong room! Guard it with your lives!" he announces over the intercom.

Back in the bedroom, he begins to examine the scene of the murder. "If you're looking to find out what happened, here's some food for thought: the lack of a struggle means the assailant was likely someone or something the Lord-Captain knew or implicitly trusted."
He raps the back of the bed-frame to bring attention to the symbol painted in blood. "Now, does anyone here recognize this emblem?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-12-29, 16:47

The beautiful Selena's cries die down to snivels and whimpers. Her voice is raspy and quiet but you can understand her clearly: "No . . . I do not think I have ever laid eyes on such a terrible scrawling. Yet there is a strange thing about this Foyer. Droplets everywhere, on every surface like a rain for tiny men."

No one else admits to any knowledge about the emblem.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-12-29, 18:26

"Mens hearts are not so easily won by a piece of paper even if it was issued by holly Terra herself. The crew will likely be confused as to the sudden murder of The Lord Captain. Many will pick sides and many will remain neutral fearing for their lives. If we're fast enough we can keep the mercenaries in line and perhaps keep the ship from tearing itself apart."

Darrius takes another look over at the dying captain

"We can't let this be the end of the Solstice. We'll do this in our Lords name and once he is truly dead we shall determine an heir. Camlann you and I will make for the barracks and hopefully head off the storm approaching. Mekarn see if you can work up a device to keep The Lord Captain alive. Selena and Glademore keep us updated if anything else comes up with the murdering filth and Rivaile head back to the bridge and keep tabs on movement about the ship."

Darrius turns to Jarrion

"Lord Xanatov I'm going to have to ask you stay with Selena and Glademore so that we can keep the situation from escalating"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-12-29, 18:29

[The Lord-Captain has been dead for a while, last I mentioned his dying status I said he had at most a minute. It has been long since a minute. But Vendigroth seems to be in denial.]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-12-29, 18:47

Every council member has their own complaint some more childish than others:

Rivaille: "Eh can it Vendigroth. The stooges on the bridge can sound off n'emergency alarm or somethin if the Solstice has a problem." He continues his unhealthy drinking binge.

Ontar: " . . . Vendigroth. The machines inhabiting these cases cannot be put to use to save the captain. No revelation of the omnissiah could. He is gone."

Glademore: "I refuse to nannie this overgrown child. Your argument to keep the peace on board is not lost on me though. Let us lock up the so called "candidates" in their quarters and send for able bodied men to keep them there. Your opinion Lord Camlann?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2013-12-29, 19:07

"That's a noble ideal to believe in Vendigroth, but I'm fairly certain Holy Terra is also the seat of government for the Imperium, so if they issue a piece of paper, it's probably the law." He turns to face Glademore. "I was thinking the same thing about the candidates, but it's likely too late for that, as they are already running amok around the ship. What I will do is post a light escort for Xanatov here since he seems cooperative, and proceed to the vault to try and head off the other two before they can assume command." He draws his hellgun and orders two guards to follow Xanatov. "You two let me know if he tries to lose you or gets attacked by a'body." Walking to the foyer, he gives his weapons a quick once over to ensure they are in order. "Can you advisors take care of yourselves or shall I leave the other guards here?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-12-29, 20:10

"If the rest of you are so inclined to let this ship destroy itself then so be it. Here I thought that when I joined this crew I was I'm the presence of true Men. In the imperial guard we never let a mans death go unavenged. The Lord Captain was a great man who without him I'd be dead. I refuse to let his death be in vein. The way I see it you all have two choices: sit on your asses and do nothing about the situation or get to work and do what our duty demands. Personally I'm going to head to the barracks to head off this storm before it can get any worse."

Darrius takes out his hellgun and starts to walk towards the barracks
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-12-29, 21:33

"Darrius is right! You lot can stay here and let grief control your thoughts, but the Solstice needs immediate action to keep her safe.  I won't let anyone hurt her, and I would hope you would do the same.  Camlann, this is more important than studying the crime scene.  We have no time to waste.  I suggest you come with Lord Vendigroth and me."  With that, Jarrion turns and runs after Darrius, his lasgauntlets primed and ready, cape flapping majestically in the breeze caused by his speed.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2013-12-29, 22:31

"If you want to keep the ship safe, go to the bridge, gorram it!" Camlann yells after them. He shakes his head, sighing in exasperation. "I can only hope they actually get the crew together without a fight. As for me..." He orders one of his men to retrieve his armor and then sprints off to the vault with the rest.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-12-29, 23:05

Darrius looks at Jarrion as they make their way towards the barracks

"I hope you realize we're likely walking into a death trap Jarrion. If we can get the mercs to work towards stabilizing the situation then we stand a fair chance of surviving this whole thing."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-12-29, 23:08

Jarrion glances at Darrius and then grabs his shoulder, stopping for a moment.

"Darrius, I just want to say how much I have valued your friendship this past year [or however long we've known each other].  Some of the other lords on this ship are not as amiable as you.  I agree, we probably are going into our most dangerous situation yet.  But I want you to know that there is no one I would rather have at my back than you."

He gives Darrius one firm pat on the back, then resumes walking.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-12-29, 23:14

Darrius shoulders his rifle as he walks

"So how you want to go about this? You want to talk or you want to play it by ear. Can't say they are likely to listen to us"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-12-29, 23:18

"You never how these things will go.  I'll try charming them onto our side, but if it doesn't work, go for intimidation.  Hopefully it'll work this time.  I don't relish having you chuck another grenade onto my unconscious body."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum: