Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malediction

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Malediction - Page 9 Empty Re: Malediction

Post by Dekaru on 2014-01-15, 00:01

Darrius makes his way to Jarrion

"I'm sorry to report sir that my attempts to negotiate terms with the spies has failed. If I may suggest a course of action I would propose that you allow me to attempt to infiltrate the raiders ship alone. Should you hear nothing from me in a days time then I am dead and you should continue to the hive world"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe on 2014-01-15, 00:04

"Lord Captain, I do not think that wasting any more time on this station would be wise, we should attempt to perform our timely escape soon. Although it would be nice to know what is aboard that raider ship, it is not worth sacrificing a Senechal over. As soon as we make plans to leave, I will begin attempting to jam the docked raider's communications. On these weeks aboard the Solstice, I have noticed that it includes many stealth features, such as an Eldar shadowfield, and a variable figurehead, maybe enacting those too, when we begin our journey can befuddle our chasers."

Last edited by Xenoe on 2014-01-15, 00:09; edited 1 time in total
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2014-01-15, 00:06

"Are you sure that this a good plan?  You've just barely finished healing after your last excursion.  I believe Lankath is thinking more rationally here.  We need to get out of here.  Our every adventure in the Calixis sector has resulted in more misfortune for us.  I propose we simply leave and head for the Koronus expanse.  There we can sell our cargo of Xanthrin and bargain out the Inquisitorial secrets."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2014-01-15, 00:08

"If that is what you think is best sir then we should do that"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2014-01-15, 00:08

Camlann snorts. "Please. They know our faces, they would recognize you on sight. And how are you going to get back here if they jump in a different direction? Plain foolishness, that," he says derisively. "Now that that's failed, we have two options: Head to Malfi for the contact or pick up a new endeavor. Either way we must leave."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2014-01-15, 00:10

Jarrion smiles"No one likes a kiss-ass Darrius; You obviously have an opinion.   Express it."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2014-01-15, 00:13

"He has a death wish, that's his opinion," Camlann grumbles, knuckling his forehead, "You'd better start looking for a new Seneschal before he does himself in."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2014-01-15, 00:17

Darrius snorts at Camlanns comment

"It would be easier than you think to get onto their ship than you might think Camlann. All that I would have to do is take our captive raiders clothes and walk onto the ship. They're not going to expect such a move and should it come down to it I can enlist with them. Upon getting onto the ship I could find out what information I can and should they take off after the Solstice than I could attempt to sabotage her from the inside. If we were feeling enterprising enough I could take some of our mercs with me but we'd have to 'aquisition' some more uniforms"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2014-01-15, 00:23

"I'm sorry Darrius, but I don't think the benefits outweigh the risks.  We need to leave this cursed sector before it does us in.  Now, prepare for our jump to the Void.  Lankath, I want you to do your best to cloak this ship as we leave.  We don't want the raider following us.  We also need to make sure that this ship is at full combat-readiness.  All magazines topped to full, all void shields at maximum capacity, all guns locked and loaded.  How soon until the ship is ready to leave?"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe on 2014-01-15, 00:29

"The weapons and such systems are already ready. The time of soonest departure is the job of the Navigator to know sir, for I do not. I will begin jamming their communications as soon as we leave port."
[Jam Docked Raider Communications, Tech-use, Combi-tool +10, fate point +10]
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by testuser on 2014-01-15, 00:29

The member 'Xenoe' has done the following action : Dice Roll\'d

'd100' : 25

testuser
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2014-01-15, 01:03

Glademore answers "If not to Malfi then where are we journeying to Captain? Preparations depend on your answer."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2014-01-15, 22:26

"We will head to the Koronus expanse, to the nearest world in that region with a high ranking Inquisitorial presence."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2014-01-15, 22:59

"Captain ... it will take many days to track down an Inquisitor in the expanse. Should we leave for footfall first then?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2014-01-15, 23:06

"Of course.  After getting through the Maw we will probably need to rest and refuel.  Footfall is the most fitting location."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2014-01-15, 23:48

Does anyone have anything they want to do before warp jump to footfall?
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe on 2014-01-15, 23:52

Nope. Not I.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2014-01-15, 23:56

Captain Xanatov spends his time in the warp testing out his new bed with his ladies.  If he dies in the Warp, he might as well die happy.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2014-01-16, 00:04

The council and crew (besides pc's and mekarn) are superstitious about the new captain using the bed of a dead man. Something about bringing bad luck. Morale drops by 1.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2014-01-16, 00:42

Malediction - Page 9 POlar_facepalm
"He's doing it again..." Albrecht Camlann has no pressing matters at the moment.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2014-01-16, 09:18

Darrius takes the time to read through some of the inquisitorial files for the sake of learning some useful information
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2014-01-16, 17:10

Glademore predicted it would be a month from Agul to Footfall, Glademore was wrong. One hundred and five "days" pass in the warp. Four days into the leap the Solstice runs afoul a warp shore. Glademore described it as if the Solstice was climbing a waterfall of crystal. Embedded in the crystalline downpour are "boulders" and "sudden gaps" normally perceived well in advance and avoided. On this occasion the radiance of the crystal falls was too brilliant, too blinding and Glademore could not spot it in time. Rivaille made his best effort to steer clear of the hazard at the last moment but failed as well. The cosmic reef tore across the Solstice's outer layer and almost disabling the plasma drives in the process. The Solstice had to slow its pace and there was only one more incidence during the travels. On day seventy nine of the jump a portion of the crew members started fires on board the Solstice and threw themselves upon them spewing inanities about a great forge. The Solstices loses one point of crew population before Lankath, Camlann and other ship enforcers stop the madness. The phrase great forge sounds familiar to Xanatov and Vendigroth. The one hundred and five days end and despite the incidents during travel the Solstice surfaces into reality ten thousand kilometers from Footfall.

3 Hull Damage
2 Morale Damage
1 Crew Population Damage
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2014-01-16, 17:56

In addition, Vendigroth, reading the contents of these datavaults is a crime punished with committal to the penance chambers then death if discovered. Do you proceed?
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2014-01-16, 20:04

For once rolling in the wrong location may be a good thing

Int 45, tech use trained
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by testuser on 2014-01-16, 20:04

The member 'Dekaru' has done the following action : Dice Roll\'d

'd100' : 40

testuser
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2014-01-16, 20:33

With a little struggling Darrius remembers an ancient ritual used to access such a particular datavault without the proper prayers. Darrius reads through the entries casually at first, only looking for anything of interest. Quickly he becomes more engrossed in the information the pages have to offer. They detail eye witness accounts of monsters residing in the warp and rituals employed by a group of heretical tech-priests to call forth the ... the ... daemons. Darrius waits before sharing the contents of the datavaults with the other council members, he understands that simply possessing this knowledge is cause to be branded a heretic.

Darrius gains Forbidden Lore (Daemonology) and Forbidden Lore (Inquisition) when relating to daemons or ordo malleus as trained skills.
Unfortunately for Darrius the knowledge corrupts a man's soul and mind. He gains 10 insanity and 5 corruption.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2014-01-16, 20:42

Darrius stores the data that he'd read within his quarters. During the remaining time in warp he spends his time pondering over the new information he has learned and figuring out how it relates to the events on the space hulk.

Upon word of arrival out of warp he makes his way to the bridge for the inevitable council meeting
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2014-01-16, 20:44

Captain Jarrion is sitting in his Captain Throne, tapping his bionic scarlet and chrome foot.  He sits deep in thought, looking out into the void of space, pondering the Solstice's predicament
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2014-01-16, 21:07

Darrius stands over next to the base of the throne looking out at the void never able to look at it the stars the same again

"Glad to see we finally came out of warp. It would likely be a good idea to dock and let the crew rest for a week to get morale back up. I'm not entirely convinced that on our trip to the space hulk we didnt bring something with us we shouldn't have"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2014-01-16, 21:09

Jarrion looks at Darrius.  "What makes you say that Lord Vendigroth?  The damage to the Solstice was completely normal for a usual Void-run.  There was nothing out of the ordinary.  Is there something different that you experienced?"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2014-01-16, 21:26

"What has me most concerned is the actions of the crew and this 'forge' they spoke of. It echoes of our adventures aboard the space hulk and those men we found there. It might be worth considering having the entirety of the ship searched as well as debriefing all the crew members"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2014-01-16, 21:32

"You are quite ambitious Lord Vendigroth if you hope to search 7.5 megatonnes of ship and 25,000 souls in any reasonable time.  Let us wait until the rest of council is here before we embark on such an endeavor.  Depending on the time before we dock at Footfall it may be more plausible."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2014-01-16, 21:42

"It is merely my suggestion sir. Taking the time to root out the problem is better than letting it fester like a wound."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe on 2014-01-16, 22:17

"May I inquire what this 'forge' is about, Lord Captain?"
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2014-01-16, 22:19

"When we were onboard the Space Hulk, we met a band of slaves and brigands led by some primitive warlord.  We never met the Khan, but we found a party working at a forge.  Lord Vendigroth believes this forge to be connected to the one our mad crewmen babbled about."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe on 2014-01-16, 23:40

"Perhaps I might recall something from my many years of travel."
[Relevant lore skill, int 50]
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by testuser on 2014-01-16, 23:40

The member 'Xenoe' has done the following action : Dice Roll\'d

'd100' : 60

testuser
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2014-01-17, 00:18

"Lord Captain do you recall our encounter with the strange creature with the red eye that we had seen aboard the Space Hulk?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2014-01-17, 00:22

Jarrion shivers. "In truth I would rather not.  Those are not good memories."  He then turns quickly to face Jarrion, his arms crossed, as if for warmth against the chill of his foul memories. "Do you suspect that ... that thing has come aboard the Solstice?  We were barely able to escape from it last time.  I can only hope it won't come again."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2014-01-17, 00:24

[Lankath fails]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2014-01-17, 00:35

Darrius nods to Jarrion

"I am almost certain that it is the cause of our crews recent insanity. It may also be worth considering that whatever it is may have been the late Lord Captains killer and that there are multiple since we know one likely escaped and there'd already have to be one here to do its dirty work. The station we were last at may already have fallen to darkness in the 100 days we were in warp travel. We may want to hold off on docking until every inch of this ship has been searched. If I am correct these crewmen may have been sacrificing themself in some foul ritual to bring forth something truly sinister and evil. Before we continue any further we must find it and destroy it sir."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2014-01-17, 00:40

"If it is the creature we faced, then it has changed drastically since we last fought it.  Recall how it gave us visions of things that were fake, forcing us to fight each other for its own demented pleasure.  I don't think that matches the deaths of the crew."  Jarrion strokes his chin for a moment, thinking. "Lord Vendigroth, would you investigate these deaths more fully?  We don'y know as much as I would like.  We should investigate them, learn what they had in common, where they lived.  Anything that would help us determine the cause."

Captain Jarrion then looks to the entry to the bridge in annoyance, "Where are the rest of the council hiding?"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2014-01-17, 00:45

"Sir I wish to request the help of the entirety of the mercenaries on board to help with the search. In addition I wish to remind you of the bloody command decks we came across and the many mechanized claws the things had. Remember the condition of the men who were guarding the shuttle? They were eviscerated into a bloody mess; does that not point to these monsters?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2014-01-17, 00:47

"Do not forget the claw we found embedded deep in the console of the bridge.  I place the blame of the bloody mess directly at the feet of whatever had that claw.  And the men guarding the shuttle did not attack each other.  That is how the monster killed our men on the hulk."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2014-01-17, 00:53

"The claw was likely not from tyranids as I had thought at the time but likely from whatever these things may be creating. I know not of what dark magics may be at play to do this but I only know that the evidence supporting this is not to be ignored sir"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2014-01-17, 00:56

"Just carry out a preliminary investigation.  I do not currently believe there is any evidence that proves it was our mysterious red-eyed monster that could not just as easily apply to any other unholy entity.  If you find more proof, then I will gladly change my mind."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2014-01-17, 00:58

Darrius bows to Jarrion and takes his leave. He makes sure to grab his arms and armor before going to the barracks
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2014-01-17, 02:59

Glademore and Selena appear, Mekarn enters only moments after and Rivaille steps over from the terminals to join the group. Before you say a word Rivaille says "Looked like a private conversation, decided to keep myself out of that business between you and Vendigroth. So any matters being attended to before we leave Captain?".
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2014-01-17, 17:00

"Lord Vendigroth is of the opinion that there is still some creature aboard.  I have authorized him to gather the remaining mercenaries and begin a search.  Rivaille, how long until we reach Footfall?  And let us all make sure to remain vigilant for the fleet following us.  As much as I doubt it, they may follow is into the Koronus Expanse."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2014-01-17, 17:28

"Twenty minutes at most sir."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon