Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let the games begin

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-25, 16:51

You pull into the space hulk swiftly. A large hole in the side of a vessel battered beyond recognition leads you into the basin of a vast cargo bay. There must be hundreds of reinforced storage containers packed in the hold. All is quiet and there is no more light than what your flashlights show.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Dekaru on 2013-08-25, 17:29

Darrius whispers to one of the men to spread out in groups of 5 and search the room and to pass the word along to the rest of the me. After doing this he waves over 5 of the men to help him open one of the crates to see if anything useful is in them
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Posts : 1669
AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-25, 17:43

Groups go off in sets of 10. 5 men come over to you and help open up the crate. After a series of cuts with torches everyone backs up and let the 3 meter container door crash to the ground (no reasonable way to soften the impact). You flash your light into the crate and see a series of open and empty barrels. Whatever was in these containers has been picked clean.


Last edited by Darkgenesis on 2013-08-26, 00:22; edited 1 time in total
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Dekaru on 2013-08-25, 18:16

Darrius cursed under his breath at the sight of the empty storage unit. He then moves into the unit with his inferno pistol at the ready and hellgun at his side to look for any signs of what's moved the cargo
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Posts : 1669
AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Dekaru on 2013-08-25, 18:32

Darrius will use logic to search the crate
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Posts : 1669
AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Char on 2013-08-25, 18:32

The member 'Dekaru' has done the following action : Dice Roll\'d

'd100' : 16
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Posts : 256
AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-25, 18:44

You can tell the crates have been opened properly. Such behavior is not fitting of orks much less tyranids. Human hands must have opened and cleared out the crates. Furthermore, you have reasoned out that evacuation of supplies on this kind of scale wouldn't be done in the void of space. Instead the supplies must have been looted by people either stranded on the ship or perhaps something on the space hulk.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Dekaru on 2013-08-25, 19:52

Darrius walks over to the men who helped him opening the crate

"Go to the teams searching the room and tell them we are most deffinently not alone. We are either dealing with pirates or heretics, either way they're going to be hostile and should be dealt with lethally. We'll search the room and find all possible paths out and leaders of each team will make their way back here to report their findings. Hopefully then we can get a sense of where to move from here."

Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Posts : 1669
AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Dekaru on 2013-08-25, 19:57

Darrius then makes his way up on top on a group of crates to get a better look of the room they are in. Using his cameleon cloak he stays nigh unseeable while getting a lay of things and the men's positions
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Posts : 1669
AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-25, 20:16

The room goes much father than you can see in the darkness. Even a quick use of your flashlight doesn't illuminate the entirety of this cargo hold.

NOTE: [There seems to be some air in the compartment however very little. The space hulk must have it's own gravity although it's strange that you are oriented with your feet being pulled towards the floor of the room rather than towards the center of the hulk.]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Dekaru on 2013-08-25, 23:47

Darrius hops down off of the boxes and waits at the location he'd designated earlier for the men to report their finds.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Posts : 1669
AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-25, 23:54

You wait for the designated time (1 hour later, Rivaille is expecting to pick you up in 23 hours). On the second vox casts come in. Groups 1 and 4 have canvassed the remainder of the main room. Group 2 found a part of the room that been more mangled and looked into some containers that were already open and found nothing. Group 3 found a very large gate proceeding further into the space hulk and moved on. No groups reported any signs of life.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Dekaru on 2013-08-26, 00:11

Darrius calls over the vox to give out orders

"This is Lord Vendigroth, if we are going to get through this we will need a position which we can reliably fall back to. To do this I want groups 1 and 4 to setup a forward operating base at the position near where the large gate is that leads further into the hulk. Group 3 will meet Lord Xanatov and I at the entrance to the gate before we proceed further into the space hulk. I want Group 2 to follow behind group 3 a ways so as to provide support. Remember your training men and we'll make it through this."

Darrius makes his way to the position where groups 1 and 4 are setting up the FOB to make sure it's being done adequately before moving on to the gate to meet up with group 2 and 3
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Posts : 1669
AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-26, 00:21

The officer of group 3 - Sedai Kochmikov reponds over vox "That is a negative sir, we are 45 minutes down the path. We will continue until we believe we have reached a compromising location or encounter a problem. We will give you another report in 30 minutes. Over"

(P.S. They've done training long before they met you - this is also where they don't listen to your tactics choices because they have their own defensive and offensive group layouts.)

Group 1 splits up into two smaller groups to cover every corner of the cargo hold that they can. Group 2 proceeds to retrieve camp supplies and build a base in a hall shooting off from corridor behind the gate (There is breathable levels of air there). Group 4 heads ahead of you two to provide support to Group 3.

[Keep in mind you have 10 men with you]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 00:25

Jarrion decides to stop picking his nose and follows Darrius up towards the large gate.  

"I assume we're headed up towards group 3?  Or were you planning to move with group 4.  I'm not sure how good an idea it is for us to go off on our own, even if it through terrain that group 3 just went through."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Posts : 900
AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Dekaru on 2013-08-26, 00:32

Darrius up until they reached the gate had been cursing under his breath about how disobedient the men were and how he'd never had to put up with this in the imperial guard.

"At this point I'm more worried about these men getting themselves killed through their brash actions. We'll move up to the but keep your guns on a swivel."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Posts : 1669
AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 00:36

"Hopefully they know what they're doing.  But for once, I think I see what you mean about the importance of discipline. Razz I'll keep my arms ready.  Do you think they would listen if I told them to use their flares liberally?  We brought enough to last awhile, and I don't want to be in this ship when its dark."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Posts : 900
AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-26, 00:38

You and your group proceed towards the gate. When you arrive at the far wall (To the left of where you entered the space hulk) and see a thick door a few meters down from the massive sealed gate. Your proceed through and stare at a tremendously long hallway. Numerous other smaller gates shoot off from the sides of the corridor and there is no telling what may be down those halls. Immediately to your right a door has been propped open and the foundations of a base camp are being setup. What do you do?

[You are acutely aware that scanning every inch of every hall in this tremendous and mysterious space hulk will take ages and you do not have this kind of time]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 00:56

"Darrius, I don't think we have enough time to meticulously search this hallway for scrapes. We can look for broad strokes, but I think we should catch up with group 3 before something bad happens to them."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Posts : 900
AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Dekaru on 2013-08-26, 01:00

"It seems like a waste of time if we merely move up and regroup with group 3. I say we go and search done of these side passages for anything useful or any sign of who's here and meet back here in half an hour for group 3's vox cast."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Posts : 1669
AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-26, 01:04

[Will actually move forward when you guys issue a command or actually do something]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 01:04

"Very well.  Which of you men," Darrius asks the ten men nearby, "would like to come with me?  We will explore the side passages and return here in half an hour."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Posts : 900
AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-26, 01:09

Group 5's men have been assigned to follow you, they are ready to roll out.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 01:13

"Here we go men! Lock and load and let's kill some heretic scum!!!"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Posts : 900
AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Dekaru on 2013-08-26, 01:16

Darrius looks over to Jarrion.

"Why don't you just announce our exact location over the vox channel for the entire hulk to hear."

Darrius then waves to his 5 men to follow him as the pry open a gate and move into the side passage
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Posts : 1669
AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-26, 01:17

The men appear baffled by your statements but follow you down the first side passage after base camp hallway. The hall goes 20 meters and to each side appear to be maintenance closets that have been long emptied of anything. At the end of the hall is a stairwell going up. You can see the faint reflection of red light against the back wall of the stairway.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 02:19

"HOLD FIRE" Jarrion shouts. He then switches to vox, asking "Darrius? Is that you in the hallway? Wave if it is. We may have just fired on you?"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Posts : 900
AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Dekaru on 2013-08-26, 02:26

"HOLD YOUR FIRE! HOLD YOUR FIRE!" Darrius shouts to his men.

Darrius then stands up and lowers his weapon and starts to walk forward

"For the Emperors sake what was that?!?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Posts : 1669
AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 02:30

Jarrion rushes out of cover to see if there is anything to be done for the fallen mercenary. When he sees the man is dead, he mutters a quick prayer for the fallen, then stands up and moves towards Vendigroth.

"Darrius! What in Chaos was that? You just killed one of the men!!!"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Posts : 900
AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-26, 02:30

One of the men on Xanatov's side yells out "Did this sonuvabitch just have us fire on our men?!"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Dekaru on 2013-08-26, 02:33

Darrius steps in and yells at the soldier

"Stand down soldier under these circumstances we're lucky more aren't dead. I never would have thought these side passageways would intersect so soon and put us in direct contact with each other. From now on we will use call-signs before firing on unknown possible hostiles. Am I understood?!"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Posts : 1669
AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-26, 02:35

Darrius has irritated the mercenary even more, making social interaction more difficult (-10 for social interactions). The other mercs are at arms but seem angry as well.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 02:36

"Let's all just calm down here!  Tempers are running high and we don't want to increase the body count.  It's already too high." (Using charm to try and chill everything the F/UC out)
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Posts : 900
AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 02:37

forgot the roll
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Posts : 900
AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Char on 2013-08-26, 02:37

The member 'Jarrion Xanatov' has done the following action : Dice Roll\'d

'd100' : 78
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Posts : 256
AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-26, 02:39

Your smooth words come off as coarse and rough. You have made them even angrier. (You have increased the penalty to -20 in addition to all mystery modifiers).

"Hey, guys F/UC this, we can say they shot each other in the firefight. Zran just got shot by one of them and they are trying to strong arm and smooth talk their ways out of this! SHOOT THEM!"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Dekaru on 2013-08-26, 02:40

Intimidate roll for talking to soldier
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Posts : 1669
AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Char on 2013-08-26, 02:40

The member 'Dekaru' has done the following action : Dice Roll\'d

'd100' : 23
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Posts : 256
AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-26, 02:41

Your attempts to shout them down do nothing. You have broken the final straw and pushed this into a do or die fight. Roll initiative.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 02:43

rolling for init (+4 agi)
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Posts : 900
AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Char on 2013-08-26, 02:43

The member 'Jarrion Xanatov' has done the following action : Dice Roll\'d

'CTech D10' : 1
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Posts : 256
AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Dekaru on 2013-08-26, 02:44

Initiative + 3
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Posts : 1669
AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Char on 2013-08-26, 02:44

The member 'Dekaru' has done the following action : Dice Roll\'d

'CTech D10' : 4
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Posts : 256
AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 02:47

Jarrion shouts as a last-ditch effort, "1,000,000 gold thrones to anyone who helps us kill the mutineers." while drawing his powersword.and pistol.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Posts : 900
AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 02:50

rolling charm i guess? maybe command, im not exactly sure which but theres probably a die necessary here
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Posts : 900
AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Char on 2013-08-26, 02:50

The member 'Jarrion Xanatov' has done the following action : Dice Roll\'d

'd100' : 48
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Posts : 256
AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-26, 03:05

You are able bodied men, but these mercenaries seem by and large quicker to their feet. You two are in the center of all the mercs. There are doors to both sides of the hall (the hall is 10 feet wide). The men behind Darrius are about 2 or 3 meters behind him while the men near Jarrion are in combat range.

Mercs 1 2 3 4 5 are behind Darrius
Mercs 6 7 8 9 are near Jarrion.

[rolls will ensue after actions are posted]
First of the mercenaries (forever more Merc8) withdraws 3 meters and takes a shot at Jarrion.
Merc3 fires shots on semi auto at Darrius.
Merc1 fires shots on semi auto at Merc3.
Merc6 and Merc9 copy Merc8.
Merc4 copies Merc3.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-26, 03:06

Shots fired from close range in order of action list.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Char on 2013-08-26, 03:06

The member 'Darkgenesis' has done the following action : Dice Roll\'d

'd100' : 26, 58, 65, 43, 65, 93
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Posts : 256
AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 03:08

Jarrion twists and ducks, trying valiantly to dodge the blasts coming at him.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Posts : 900
AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum