Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWTOR IS THE PERFECT MMO

4 posters

Go down

SWTOR IS THE PERFECT MMO Empty SWTOR IS THE PERFECT MMO

Post by Gawrzirra 2010-08-17, 16:49

OMG ITS THE BEST HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA KNEEL BEFORE THE MIGHTY SWTOR RUN AWAY PUNY MORTALS HAHAHAHAHAHA

oook sorry about that thinking about what i said michael might edit the first part out but thats ok time for swtor praise

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/developer-walkthrough

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/video-documentary-4

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/space-combat

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/deceived-cinematic-trailer

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/hope-cinematic-trailer

aaaaaaaaaa awesomeness is burning my eyes
check out the website and post what you think here
ps there still making it
Gawrzirra
Gawrzirra
Lagger
Lagger

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

SWTOR IS THE PERFECT MMO Empty Re: SWTOR IS THE PERFECT MMO

Post by InteroVegas 2010-08-17, 18:04

hey guess what, I am going to be the rain on your parade, the space combat is a limited feature and your ship will be on a set path, you will not control the actual movement of your ship much more then avoiding generic obstacles and aiming and shooting at targets, it will be quite similar to starfox space missions (the classic ones).

Then, TRAILERS ALMOST ALWAYS (like 98% of the time) make things out to be more exciting then they are, you can't do all the cool flips and sword motions and weird tricks they do in trailers. Sure you can swing your sword, you can't swing it in 100 different ways like cinematic trailer people do.

Next, Here is another thing to strike down at SWTOR for, its limited span of themes. In WoW they can pick from a very large amount of themes, and while yes core gameplay does stay the same. The enemies and places can become very different in design. Spaceships are not all going to drastically change in core design and theme. You aren't going to have night and day differences like between a terran battle cruiser and protoss carrier.

Then a personal question that my friend asked (Ben Even-Kesef), and it is legitimate: In WoW the dungeons were inhabited by common enemies of the horde and alliance so both factions had reason enough to go there and fight. But so far in SWTOR you actually play as either the good guy or bad guy. So would they have certain dungeons/instances that certain factions would not be allowed to participate in?
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-08-17, 19:46

Wow when did bioware start making the next starfox game.

Kidding aside the game looks to be a good game and the gamepaly looks good but it's still in the beta stages so if it's good is still up in the air.

And most likely there are going to be mutual enemies sense the two sides are in a fragile peace like marauders and raiders.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-08-17, 20:53

-.- sith and jedi, those people are pretty opposed, sith want to make chaos, and jedi want to make order.

I am not a star wars professional, so where does it specify that jedi have to be good? lawful does not mean good. but w/e.

Look, it could be an AWESOME game, it really could, but it could also be so so, or just another WoW. With all the promo and spot lights its getting it might bite the dust on hype. Also I still feel that the style gets limited, like how many different guns can you make? At some point they will all start looking the same. Where in WoW they take advantage of the exagerated art style and make all kinds of weapon models of all sizes and colors. You can't really make that many different kinds of lightsaber models, sure color can be different, but there is like what? 2 types of very different lightsaber models? dual edge and single edge, yeah yeah, the handle can change and so can the other small bits, but I don't see that being a very visible change. oh well, there is still a good chance this game will come out good. I just hope it doesnt try to entirely survive on teh starwars gimmick, and instead further the starwars lore and universe.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-08-17, 21:37

Look up Darth Revan (or play kotor 1) very powerful jedi who became a fake sith to make the republic stronger for the true sith.

But looking on the different weapons for jedi to use the only ones implemented are the single saber and saberstaff (Mauls weapon) but there is also a whip and a few other weapons but they are never put ingame due to how long it would take to animate.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-08-17, 23:12

yeah lets have aton of weapons turned into laser, laser axe, laser scythe, laser mace, laser dagger, laser bow, laser wand, laser hat, and laser armor.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawrzirra 2010-08-17, 23:54

and laser loin cloths
Gawrzirra
Gawrzirra
Lagger
Lagger

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-08-18, 03:02

Darkgenesis wrote:hey guess what, I am going to be the rain on your parade, the space combat is a limited feature and your ship will be on a set path, you will not control the actual movement of your ship much more then avoiding generic obstacles and aiming and shooting at targets, it will be quite similar to starfox space missions (the classic ones).

Then, TRAILERS ALMOST ALWAYS (like 98% of the time) make things out to be more exciting then they are, you can't do all the cool flips and sword motions and weird tricks they do in trailers. Sure you can swing your sword, you can't swing it in 100 different ways like cinematic trailer people do.

Next, Here is another thing to strike down at SWTOR for, its limited span of themes. In WoW they can pick from a very large amount of themes, and while yes core gameplay does stay the same. The enemies and places can become very different in design. Spaceships are not all going to drastically change in core design and theme. You aren't going to have night and day differences like between a terran battle cruiser and protoss carrier.

Then a personal question that my friend asked (Ben Even-Kesef), and it is legitimate: In WoW the dungeons were inhabited by common enemies of the horde and alliance so both factions had reason enough to go there and fight. But so far in SWTOR you actually play as either the good guy or bad guy. So would they have certain dungeons/instances that certain factions would not be allowed to participate in?

IKR. old starfox is what you'd call a Rail Shooter IN SPACE!!!

Darkgenesis wrote:-.- sith and jedi, those people are pretty opposed, sith want to make chaos, and jedi want to make order.

I am not a star wars professional, so where does it specify that jedi have to be good? lawful does not mean good. but w/e.

Look, it could be an AWESOME game, it really could, but it could also be so so, or just another WoW. With all the promo and spot lights its getting it might bite the dust on hype. Also I still feel that the style gets limited, like how many different guns can you make? At some point they will all start looking the same. Where in WoW they take advantage of the exagerated art style and make all kinds of weapon models of all sizes and colors. You can't really make that many different kinds of lightsaber models, sure color can be different, but there is like what? 2 types of very different lightsaber models? dual edge and single edge, yeah yeah, the handle can change and so can the other small bits, but I don't see that being a very visible change. oh well, there is still a good chance this game will come out good. I just hope it doesnt try to entirely survive on teh starwars gimmick, and instead further the starwars lore and universe.

The Jedi didn't exactly approve when anakin went to the dark side, good and bad, law and chaos, they are a matter of perspective, what's fact is that the two factions use different abilities and they don't like each other.

Gawrzirra wrote:and laser loin cloths

you just had to say it.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2012-05-09, 12:02