Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starcraft 2 situation answer

2 posters

Go down

Starcraft 2 situation answer Empty Starcraft 2 situation answer

Post by InteroVegas 2010-07-31, 12:07

This topic will be for people who need help against some strategy, or playing more efficiently, or understanding their race better.

I'll start off:

I need help playing terran against protoss, the early push is the only thing I have gotten to work, and even that fails if the protoss put up some cannons. Although forget that, my issue isn't so much the attacking but the countering. I don't know a way to counter rays with out spamming units just for fighting voidrays (like marines), and making vikings leaves me with practically no anti ground (because viking ground form is pretty useless against enemy ground units) and when it comes to the warpgate masses I get completely outdone. I see one of larger advantages protoss has over me in the midgame is that because they only need 1 unit to make buildings, and even then it only takes a few moments, I have to put alot more units to work thus giving me a weaker economy. I have noticed when I play protoss my economy does really well, not to many resources that I have extra and not to little that I can't keep pumping units of out of production. Anyways, please tell me how to counter void ray mass and the warpgate mass.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Starcraft 2 situation answer Empty Re: Starcraft 2 situation answer

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-07-31, 18:46

I'll get started on a counter list topic, this should be for strategy only.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-08-10, 02:24

quiz time!

how do you counter a terran that has massed thors and marines and has ghosts with nukes to back it up?

for all these quizzes you are not allowed to answer void ray mass.

answer must be plausible. not something like mind control each unit in the army.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-08-10, 07:48

that is plausible given certain conditions in an actual league match. we define implausible as something that would require an editor tweak to accomplish or something you absolutely could not do no matter what in a normal league game.

Oh, and you want a response to thors, marines, and ghosts with nukes? Carrier mass with an observer, interceptor range is high enough to take out ghost painters and if not there's always nuke dancing.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-08-11, 00:08

be real, those ghosts wont be at the front of the line. but fair enough that will work, maybe not the most effective, but it will do the job.

btw for the record a marine mass is now getting close to tied with void ray mass for ridiculous overpowered-ness
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-02-02, 18:35

Darkgenesis wrote:be real, those ghosts wont be at the front of the line. but fair enough that will work, maybe not the most effective, but it will do the job.

btw for the record a marine mass is now getting close to tied with void ray mass for ridiculous overpowered-ness
Ghosts do have to be close enough to nuke, and you're really retarded if you don't bring a detector with you, because I do.

Oh marine mass is officially more overpowered, void rays got nerfed for damage and move speed in the 1.2 patch. I suppose its about time. Plus protoss now take like 5 seconds longer to do anything.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down