Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metal Slug Chronicles

4 posters

Go down

Metal Slug Chronicles Empty Metal Slug Chronicles

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-12, 16:25

I got metal slug anthology which is all the metal slug games together and after playing through some of it I decided to rant about because of how insanely retarded it is (it is aton of fun though)
In the following posts I will chronicle each game.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Metal Slug Chronicles Empty Re: Metal Slug Chronicles

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-12, 16:29

metal slug 1:
The levels are basic, you start in something like vietnam, you shoot everything at range and defaultively use your awesome dagger of gore against any tied up prisoners or soldiers, the grenades are nice, this game kicks ass for when it came and it still kicks ass now, alot of suped up rockets.

So first note, this character is ridiculous, he cuts down metal shields with his knife, blows up buildings with a pistol and has a generic blond hair, this guy is pretty much rambo.

THE PISTOL IS MADE OF MAGIC, it may be weaker then all the other guns, which are like godly, but it can take down tanks by itself

I can tell how much this game was made to steal your money at arcades, where a barrage of rockets is sent at you and if just one hits, you die, and when its game over a heavy machine gun mysteriously drops down, lucky I get infinite lives, its a multiplayer game. Oh and the levels are timed, there is no way in hell you would finish a level in the time limit even if you were flawless. The do stop time during boss fights.

At some point I blew up a toilet stall and the guy inside was scared to the point he climbed into the toilet.
Through out the game (and the series) you find guys just chilling or laughing, and they will just leave you alone even though you are killing their buds.

Lets do a journal for our main hero:
"Today I was killing nazi's in some mountain, and I was jumping around I found a bird in a nest, it was a newborn, I ate it as the nazi's were shooting at me, it gave me 5000 points, tasty little bugger"

Also lots of fried chicken in this game.

Lastly: The tank is so G, it can jump, use a cannon and has an amazing machine gun, and to top it off, it has health. When the tank dies you press jump to get out of it, and it blows up after like 10 seconds. You can get out of tank normally by using the fire and jump button at same time.

I encountered a mini boss, we are going to call him ramboII , he was shirtless, bald and had a machinegun as long as sephiroths sword, he could take multiple dagger hits and his dagger attack was an awesome reverse grip double slice. As he took more damage he would turn red, until the point his blood . . . exploded out of his body. He also had a weird cocky bad guy laugh.

Best weapon: Shotgun - it blows down tank in one shot, kills multiple enemies per bullet, it is like a shield and gun at the same time that blows down everything, its a god weapon.

The levels tend to take you to all kinds of places but my favorite, the level where you start out at a base, you fight through it, get onto a bridge, fight more stuff. The bridge gets blown up and you fall onto a turret armed metal raft. You shoot down some water bases, lots of plains and bombs, then you go onto train tracks.

At the end there was a german commander guy, I think I will see more of him.

Important note: They don't have the swastika but the have a Black X with a red circle around it and its filled in wiht white

The let you save and load mid way, its really nice.

Over all this game is so damn fun. Very smooth.

Last edited by Darkgenesis on 2010-06-12, 17:58; edited 7 times in total
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-12, 16:55

Chronicle 2 will take so long that I am going to have to use multiple parts. for it and edit again and again.

Last edited by Darkgenesis on 2010-06-12, 16:58; edited 1 time in total
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-12, 16:57

Chronicle 2: The land of severe Racism, Magic, AND WTF DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN?

*this one is abit laggy, most likely due to the intense amount of action on screen and probably some different programming not as efficient as the first.

This game starts you out in the middle east fighting egyptians(Nazi ones), I guess, there are atonf of guys in blue suits in the background taking land from the people and they are pleading or running away. (great background).

The enemies you fight all have turbans and scimitars, even if they don't use em some time, they still have scimitar, and instead of a tank for this level you get a machine gun armed camel. and there are still those vietnam looking refugees hanging around. The camel doesn't die when you get hit, he just lays down while you die, on the bright side when you respawn he is till there. He shoots blue machine gun shots just like the tank, but unlike the tank you have to throw bombs when on him.

The boss fight is a giant airplane, that could look so viscous but I guess it was like an example of what the americans could do to increase greenhouse gasses, it would try to incinerate you while floating around, using the jets it was floating with, and of course it would start out with a pointless amount of gas. The camel wouldn't die though, never . . .

Intereting thing is when a camel with a box of fruits comes buy and a guy jumps out of it.

As a new thing they have 4 players you can play from that all do the same stuff, you can only throw 2 grenades at a time as opposed to as many as you can mash from before oh well.

The next level is at night and you enter stage with a camel, no matter what but as soon as you take a step into the level you enter water, where the camel ditches you so he can go quench his thirst, he doesn't go with you so you have to leave the a sshole arab horse behind. So as you blow up airplane, tank, and people with your trusty pistol and camel you blow a hole into a wall into a cave, when you go in you start fighting loads of mummies, they shoot out purple gas, if you get hit you turn into a mummy, who can only use his pistol and moves really damn slow. Some mummies drop an antidote, and if you get hit by the purple gas as a mummy you die. Even the amazing dagger of gore takes two hits to kill them, so as you can imagine they eat alot of bullets, never fear, if a shotgun appears, which it will, like 10 times, it one shots all of em in its path. BY THE WAYYY . . . when you are a mummy you can not pick up guns, you chuck grenades like you have a back issue and and your arms are slow, your gunshots are slower, you can't melee, and you lose any special gun you were carrying. During this level I can add monkey and kitten to my list of eaten stuff.

The bats will carry jugs of purple gas and fly by attack you with it.

Towards the end of the level I found some person who was walking with a over sized backpack, we are gonna call her big tits, she dropped a stuffed rabbit, saluted and went away, I went to pick up the rabbit, and it gave a whopping 10,000 points.

The final boss was a jump up a tower while shooting downwards fight, they had this really awesome robot with two arms that each had separate lives and a body tank. Just like the tank when this thing dies you get to jump out and it will explode after like 10 seconds. The boss has a purple kamehameha that has a gassy after effect, and various guns appear all over the tunnel.

Since this game is SO ridiculous I am going to have multiple posts.

Next time on chronicles: A return to normality and some awesomeness train fight.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-12, 17:41

The pointless train and awesome airplane:
So before anything I want to say that this train is totally empty I have no idea why there are people on it or why he is attacking it, I guess he is intercepting a train or something.

So this level is pretty much a fight your way down the train level, slash up guys and their little pillow bunker things.

As the level went on I found a bird in a nest on the train, I ate it.

these tower tanks get featured in this level, I like how they try to throw you off, the tower does this a viscous looking build up then a big boom comes out of the gun piece, but you don't see a shell, instead an explosive bowling ball just drops straight down and rolls along the floor.

So skipping to the awesome airplane: you jump in, this thing is on roids, its the tank except it flies and shoots missiles instead of cannon balls, the turret is still blue. It just destroys everything with awesome maneuverability for this game and great damage.

The final boss: It was super version of tower tank and it could lower and raise itself, there was a space in the bottom for a flamethrower to come out when it was raised.

the final boss for this level really surprised me, it had a lot to it, it had attacks for against the airplane if you were in it (and it only used them when you were in the airplane) and attacks for when you were on the ground (and only when you were on the ground) there was a weak machine gun attack against both but it was worthless. On the downside the anti plane setup was so much cooler and harder to fight (and so obviously I lost the plane). against the airplane it had flying helicopter explosives, a really suped up machine gun attack, air flamethrowers and more. Against the ground version it just had a flame thrower, a pathetic machine gun attack and a fireball it chucked that didn't even explode and it had lots of time between shots so it was super easy to dodge. But the most surprising part is in the middle of the fight big tits comes out and gives me a gun and then walks off through the fire with out a problem.

This level was a nice return to to the first one with some cool stuff to it.

Next up on chronicles: Racist town.

Last edited by Darkgenesis on 2010-06-12, 18:22; edited 1 time in total
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-12, 17:55

China town:
First thing you see is a fat little Asian kid in trashy clothes giving money to a very well dressed evil looking Asian guy who is holding out a contract. Then the Asian kid runs away. So as you go through the street you see broken down trucks (not something new) but they got fridges in em and as you shoot em all kinds of food comes out of em, live pigs, carrots, chicken, money, birds in nests, etc. even when you blow up the tanks and stuff it comes out, there was what looked like Asian words, all over everything.

Fat Rambo: If your guy eats too much food he gets fat for a period of time, as he walks his fat jiggles and goes really slow. But instead he switches to a fat short little pistol that shoots huge shots. And when you get a machine gun it looks like all hell broke loose. The rocket shoots rocket propelled grenade bowling balls. The shotgun, is even more kickass. Anyways, as you move on you find a tourist bus, that transforms into a giant turret wall, like stairs and stuff come out of it, the wall folds down, crazy stuff. The flame thrower, OMG, it shoots like giant dbz atttacks.

It repeats like that, though at some point you find some asian wood boats, that are on the dirt in the alley for some reason, they take alot of damage before they die but you plow through em like usual. You pick up a tank through the level, it kicks ass like usual.

Final boss: Germans love their battle ships

Its a battle ship with 7 turrets (3 one barrel turrets, 4 2 barrel turrets), with treads. The double barrel turrets and single barrel turrets shoot their 2 and 1 respectively (this game actually does sensible stuff, so much more logical then other games, gotta give this game props). oh and it transforms too, the front end extends forward and a turret as big as the ship comes out (1 barrel), and it shoots explosive bullet shots, probably like over 9000 millimeter shells. If you have the tank it can rocket jump off the bullets explosion if it doesn't get hit by impact, human mode just gets incinerated by the explosion instead (very dodgeable).

Lot of racism, cool fat mode.

Next on chronicles: Generic Intercity America, aliens, germans, black kamikaze zombies, and a kamehameha submarine in the sewers.

Last edited by Darkgenesis on 2010-06-12, 19:20; edited 1 time in total
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-12, 18:21

AMERICA!!!

So the racist part for this level is that the same 2 shops (that repeat for the course of the entire outdoor segment), a shop called pops and some bagel store. So blah blah Rambo through over 9000 units, blow some powerofpoo up some old same old.

The fun parts starts at the train tracks.

As you go down the train tracks a lights sign will light up and a bell sound will go off that a train is coming. So as I see it I started to shoot at it. The pistol would actually stop and push back the train and I kept shooting it until it blew up, to see what would happen if I didn't stop I had the second one kill me, the impact doesn't do anything to you, it crushing you against the invisible side-scroller border at the back of the screen did. Thought that over powering a train with my pistol was nice. (psyche it crushed me because I was busy killing Nazi's). I sh it you not, when one of the trains blew up a pig flew out of it and rambo ate the thing as it fell into his mouth from above him.

So anyways I go into this door that says keep out, by shooting it down. To cut to the chase, I see black zombie guys with only pants crawling over the walls, ceiling and floor. So I start shooting em and when they are black they are fast and die fast, but they are dodgey little bastards. So when they get on the ceiling they turn red and buff up, then they drop down on the floor try to come up to you and go suicide, and when they are red they are invincible. So I go through wave after wave of those guys and I get to the squid aliens, ohh this going to be fun.

So the aliens introduce the laser gun drop
they jump in from the sides like ninjas and they shoot little homing shots, when you grenade the xplode into calimari.
They jump around like ninjas too.

The laser gun is like a kamehameha, it makes your hair get more golder and it floats upward all spikey.

Anyways to the boss fight: Laser submarine
This is a generic submarine in the sewer (I guess those german subs got lost in the process) it shoots out laser balls and laser kamehamehas, you plainly fight it down.

Last edited by Darkgenesis on 2010-06-12, 19:19; edited 2 times in total
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-12, 19:12

This last level of this crazy game 2 out of 7 is ridiculous

You know in mario or other games when they shoot stuff upwards with spaces in it and you have to jump through? They do that here in the icy north, with missiles. So you fight through the level, it has a really nice fake 3d bridge in it that is moving in the wind. Then of course RamboII shows up again, after you kill him this time a killer whale comes down and eats his body and spits out bones.

So skipping to the final boss the german guy is laughing at you from his alien tech looking tank (doesn't look very intimidating). Then an alien hover craft with their nazi symbol on it, comes down and blows up his ship and his men and blorps him into the ship. You kill it. After the fight you get a tank, it will be really useful.

Then it goes up into a larger mothership which you then fight as it spits out flying aliens. You beat it, that ends this game.

Best part about this level is the prisoner who gets back into the field during the boss fight and shoots kamehame has.

Last edited by Darkgenesis on 2010-06-12, 21:02; edited 1 time in total
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-12, 19:18

Metal Slug X - number 2 remixed

I am just going to put in the edits:

Desert level: The arabs now blow up into a million pieces when you cut them.
There are now mummy dogs and mummys that drop down on string.
Instead of a plane boss they do a fusion of a tank and the tower tank boss from the the train level in metal slug 2. It is a nice boss with a seperate health flamethrower and abunch of other cool effects, just kill it.

Train level: Exact same except that when you get the plane it lets you choose between tank or plane. (you can be awesome and try to get out of one drive it, then repeat until you have both for boss fight).

China town: Same old same old cept now there arent trucks that spit out food, oh wait that building just exploded into rice balls. The rest is the same with some change in spacing of upgrade drops.

America: Almost all the same except with more trains in the train part of the level. Also no aliens this time.

Icy North: More missiles, more aliens, and at the final boss the prisoner who kamehamehas drives in with a truck and a tank, he gets out and starts one shotting the near invisible flying saucers while you get to tank rape.

New guns: Rocket launcher homes in now, the laser cannon gets larger when you are fat, there is a gun that shoots smiling automated cars that drive really fast and explode and a grenade launcher.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-12, 19:27

Number 3: Again multiple posts.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanae Kochiya 2010-06-12, 20:08

Metal Slug Chronicles RichardKolb_04

pic relevant.
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
Griefer
Griefer

AwesomeSauce : -2

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-06-12, 20:09

How the hell

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse BS
AwesomeSauce : -6

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-12, 21:03

Time for metal slug 3 chronicle: monster mayhem
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-12, 21:06

Mutant crab land

You run up on the beach of your first level and you start shooting down monster crabs. . . . ok anyways, you fight through em, you get to use the shot rocket which shoots super fast rockets and instant kill, you get fat from eating like 1 piece of actual food (not kittens, turd, or baby birds in nests NOR monkeys). There is a submarine boat you can pilot very nicely.

So you later get to jump on a barge and shootdown enemy boats with you god pistol.

Anyways its pretty repetitive like that, you get to a nazi encampment and shoot em down, as you walk down a bridge you meet the boss.

boss: Mecha-Crab-Fort-Cannon Orgy

So the boss is a giant crab that chases you down the bridge, as he smashes down and you run and gun, he has giant cannons loaded on his back and he just keeps firing bigger and bigger bullets. You fight for a very long time, and you eventually kill him. and get to have crab for dinner.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-06-12, 21:08

lol

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse BS
AwesomeSauce : -6

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-12, 21:09

Zombie base camp:
So heres the fun with zombies, if you get hit you turn into a zombie and you can do your mouth blood kamehameha that kills EVERYTHING, you are also invincible to bombs and bullets (very very effective when you can sit under the helicopter and just have bombs go *bonk* on your head).

The zombies vary in visual sprites but there is nothing different about them, except the kamikaze soldier zombie.

So the kamikaze zombie jumps at you and explodes, in quite an interesting manner.

So we get to the final boss, 6 aliens come out of this asteroid, these weird saggy ones, and you bomb em while dodging the lasers.

After they all die they go into the meteor which turns into a spaceship that attempts to crush you with what looks like alien tombstones, they sink, but they sink faster if you shoot them, all the while you shoot the giant glowing orb until the structure explodes.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-06-12, 21:28

That's a snail, not a slug... you fail biology forever
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-12, 21:29

CHINA TAWMB:
You fight throw the desert (of course against arabs with turbans and swords they dont use).

As you reach a storage facility you go in and find man eat plants
when you kill them their spores float around and explode.

More on this level later.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanae Kochiya 2010-06-12, 22:24

Corenat Rovarnus wrote:That's a snail, not a slug... you fail biology forever
Well, when you look for "metal slug" you mostly get pictures of Metal Slug the game, so I searched for the closest thing.
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
Griefer
Griefer

AwesomeSauce : -2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down