Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terrans, finally

+2
InteroVegas
ZedSlayer
6 posters

Go down

Terrans, finally Empty Terrans, finally

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-06-10, 18:01

Marine+ bunker spam, best part is it costs only minerals

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse BS
AwesomeSauce : -6

Back to top Go down

Terrans, finally Empty Re: Terrans, finally

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-10, 19:15

put an scv with that to make it much more lasting, but also that method doesn't work well later on against the bigger units, so if you have the resources plant some tanks in siege mode near the bunkers so they nuke crap that tries to cross into your territory. And then to top it off leave some anti air around with a nice amount of missile turrets (quite cheap at 75 minerals each) and maybe a science vessel or two. Then to ramp it up to a crazy defense spam more tanks and use battle cruisers and Valkyries as a reinforcement to the defense on top of all the stuff specified above. Also if you want you can add spider mines to the mix.

The science vessel is used so you can scout those damn mobile cloaked units.

The battle cruisers and Valkyries are used as an overpowering defense.

The tanks with a nice number (like 8 or 10) can mow down almost any ground assault. And if it is one of those over 9000 zergling spams you can use spider mines to really knock em down.

The bunkers block out access.

SCV keeps the bunker running and builds the missile turrets.

The missile turrets are more for being detectors and deterrents to small groups of units, the Valkyries are used for keeping away the larger groups (cough Waynes brian fortress of assorted protoss air toys)
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2010-06-10, 19:55

The only problem with having grouped def like that is that is nukable and disruption-webbable :\

Taking out the cruisers, some turrets and tanks, and adding goliaths + ghosts for lockdown will probably help keep it more mobile.
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Master
AwesomeSauce : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-06-10, 20:06

Oh yeah, bcs and valkyries specifically for defending your base. let's see, the only terran units you guys HAVEN'T mentioned are the firebat, the wraith, and dropship.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2010-06-10, 20:11

firebats - early game head on offense
wraiths, back door diversion, offense if u have enough (also pretty good against air)
dropship - good for dropping troops in to infiltrate from behind, or to destroy their economy (lol vultures r completely made for killing probes)
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-10, 20:24

the idea is that with the science vessel you can keep them damn ghosts away so they can't nuke you. and about the disruption web, well that is true, so I guess if they attempt to make a perfect counter for this they could, though those missile turrets will weaken those guys alot.

@wayne: thats true, I also haven't mentioned the goliath, the medic so 5 of the units are not included. Plus this is meant to be a super defense. Also you can go have the vultures harass someone like kelvin said they can, I really only would use them if I have the spare time and spare minerals.

Another strategy that we just need to mention is tank hopping.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-06-10, 21:39

supported by BC spam is epic rape, you could probably get away with wraiths or better, valkyries for air cover of the tanks, maybe even marines, in large numbers

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-10, 21:52

marines late game are powerful as a basic unit but still don't hold up against something like 10 bcs or the equivalent in carriers, but yeah they will rape stuff like mutalisks, other marines, zealots, dragoons, protoss archons. Obviously medics are really important to keep them alive. (btw for the first sentence i am talking about like 20 or so marines)
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-06-10, 22:01

Darkgenesis wrote:the idea is that with the science vessel you can keep them damn ghosts away so they can't nuke you. and about the disruption web, well that is true, so I guess if they attempt to make a perfect counter for this they could, though those missile turrets will weaken those guys alot.

@wayne: thats true, I also haven't mentioned the goliath, the medic so 5 of the units are not included. Plus this is meant to be a super defense. Also you can go have the vultures harass someone like kelvin said they can, I really only would use them if I have the spare time and spare minerals.

Another strategy that we just need to mention is tank hopping.

Goliaths and siege tanks pwn together. and you'd better bring a science vessel or get protowned.

ZedSlayer wrote:supported by BC spam is epic rape, you could probably get away with wraiths or better, valkyries for air cover of the tanks, maybe even marines, in large numbers
protowned. stasis field your bcs, use carriers to F/UC up your tanks while I warp in a scout victory fleet to take care of your bcs when they wake up.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-10, 22:04

science vessel and keep a squad of wraiths on call in case of stasis field, so if you have some AA (anti air) you can focus fire the siege tanks, + isn't BC spam done right faster then making all those arbiters and carriers and getting the carriers filled up with fighters and getting scouts made (this assumed that both sides are still working their basic defenses and harassment).
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-06-10, 22:06

ughh you know its not a good idea to discuss direct battle strategy when not in actual battle because we can throw in a ton of assumptions like say all of this tech is researched or there are x amount of unit y already produced.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-10, 22:37

ok fine then i leave it as generic format, raw bc spam is faster then making an army of 2 or 3 different kinds of units. Albeit bc spam costs more in minerals.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-06-12, 04:11

Corenat Rovarnus wrote:
Goliaths and siege tanks pwn together. and you'd better bring a science vessel or get protowned.
That's cause Goliaths are super-mehrrens

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-12, 07:39

goliaths are meh, they took em out and made a more useful unit (well I prefer the versatility over the ability to attack both air and ground.) the viking ability to fly and and to go by ground makes it awesome and safe against a load of units.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-06-12, 16:24

Yes, but the goliath was a marine, just harder to kill, capable of being repaired, dealing more damage, and having more armor.
I'm not denying the fact that the viking is PWN, but the Goliath had its uses too.

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-14, 11:10

you mentioned all this things the goliath does to be a better marine but you didn't mention that on the flip side they take way more time to make and cost alot more and need alot more tech to make. I don't want to go make an armory until i got my bc's (personal choice) I like to have what is going to get upgraded before i make the upgrade.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-06-14, 16:09

This is true, but the main use of the Goliath was defensive, especially with Charon boosters upgrade for Pwnzor anti- air range, as opposed to the Viking's predominantly offensive design.

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-14, 16:16

goliath health doesn't scale with the price from the marine, plus population it takes up i could better use for battlecruisers and tanks,
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-06-14, 16:20

omg double post
BTW ur right, but BCs take longer to build, tanks can't hit air, and turrets simply don't have the range for zerg siege air units

Last edited by ZedSlayer on 2010-06-14, 16:25; edited 1 time in total

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by M. Ainsel 2010-06-14, 16:22

:O Amos how could you Mad
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Undergrad, When They Cry Undergrad
AwesomeSauce : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-06-14, 17:33

Do not fret, my boy. The sin has been erased, and amos is in good faith once more.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-06-14, 22:16

I don't double post on purpose, i am just too lazy to edit in what i want to say. I think there isn't any problem with that.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down