Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wait! It's dangerous out there, take two!

+4
Gwain von Griswald
Corenat Rovarnus
Xenoe
InteroVegas
8 posters

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Wait! It's dangerous out there, take two! - Page 8 Empty Re: Wait! It's dangerous out there, take two!

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-29, 16:32

Karitoss has no idea where this sudden sense of urgency came from, as he is already in a quality void suit. He grabs a parachute. "Shall we take our leave?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Wait! It's dangerous out there, take two! - Page 8 Empty Re: Wait! It's dangerous out there, take two!

Post by Xenoe 2015-03-29, 16:33

Joachim dons his voidsuit and tells everyone else in the shuttle to do so also, he uses whatever he has at hand to bar the exit and prevent people from just flying out due to depressurization.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-29, 17:02

Alas, none of the other passengers have voidsuits available to them.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-03-29, 17:31

Joachim takes the parachute from Karitoss.

"Looks like we are going down, we will attempt to perform emergency landing." He voxes to the other shuttles.

"Pilot, break away from formation, and perform emergency landing."
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-29, 17:54

A familiar voice interrupts the chaotic moment.

"L-Lord Captain! This is Novalaz at za bridge! We haven't sustained damage yet but multiple spacecraft squadrons are being set upon us! What is your status sir, where are you sir!"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-03-29, 18:47

All systems ready, Tristan prepares to engage the hostiles. Seeing that the enemy is focused on the shuttles, Tristan speeds as fast as Fortuna will allow, aiming to get right on the boogie's tail. However, sitting idly for what seemed like months has not been kind to Tristan's piloting skills, and Fortuna lags behind. Nevertheless, Fortuna's weapon's announce their presence to the hostile fighter. Tristan cracks a grin as the autocannon fire showers the xenos vessel.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-29, 19:21

The guncutter flies in steady with a confidence of an airborne predator. The Fortuna mimics Tristan's barely contained glee at firing on the Dark Eldar craft. In seconds Tristan brings his guncutter into firing distance, his flips a switch and the audible *click* delivers a Pavlovian surge of dopamine to his mind. The cannons roar and every shot sends a visceral and empowering recoil through the ship *thunk, thunk, thunk, thunk*. With the emperor's righteous fury Tristan's final shot strikes true and obliterates the foe's ship. In an even more impressive follow up the Fortuna identifies two figures jumping from the damaged shuttle and kicks her engines into full throttle.

Karitoss and Joachim leap from the shuttle, narrowly avoiding larger and larger pieces of debris peeling away from the ship. In the split second after Joachim jumps a vengeful mercenary reaches out and grabs the astropath by his parachute sack and holds onto him with a deadly spite. "YOU WILL NOT LEAVE US TO DIE ALONE TRANSCENDENT! WE MEET THE NEXT LIFE TOGETHER!" yells the lunatic. Now explosions go off and flames bellow inside the skeleton of the argus shuttle. A box near the entrance sparks and ejects shards of metal everywhere, killing Joachim's assailant and tearing Joachim's parachute in the process. Joachim goes into free fall about 20 meters above Karitoss.

From up above the apex predator of the Equinox swoops down at the enginseer and choirmaster and blares her reverse thrusters to cruise by the heroic advisers just slowly enough that a crewman is able to throw a rope Karitoss who grabs an extra length of rope and sends it up to Joachim. Both are pulled in safely and the door is slammed shut. Tristan deftly brings his master ship from a nosedive to an ascent and the entire party safely ascend spaceward.

[Do not post]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-29, 20:12

The shuttles and the Fortuna cross the greenish-blue boundary of the tower planet's atmosphere. The Fortuna's engineer Xyvaldi sends a communicae across the vox casters. His voice is strangely soothing and soft and his words flow together smoothly "We have just crossed the void acceleration boundary. All pilots are clear to key their shuttles to void travel algorithms at their discretion. There is a low danger forecast across our traveling route so please relax and find a moment of peace on our journey. Thank you and good cycle."

The Fortuna accelerates ahead of the shuttle flock to ensure the route is clear. One by one the shuttles drum up the hum of void level acceleration and follow after Tristan. For a brief few minutes everyone relaxes and observe the natural beauty of the planet below. Abruptly and quite suddenly the space craft cross the border of the shroud. Augur arrays on every ship light up with a storm of unidentified craft closing in and the nostalgic signature of the Equinox. Tristan gains from insight on the situation from the Fortuna's advanced detection systems: Two squadrons of xenos strike craft are 4 void units on the group's flank. The information is quickly conveyed to the other pilots and everyone kicks it into high gear.
Twenty void units away from the Equinox. Nineteen. Eighteen. Seventeen. Sixteen. Fifteen. Fourteen. Thirteen. Twelve. Eleven. Ten. Nine. Eight. Seven. Six. Five. Four. Thre-

The dark eldar don't letup, the eager among them close into firing distance and send stray shots past the group. A few more catchup and the stray shots turn into a dangerous torrent of splinters and lance fire. By the time the group is one void unit away from home the full force of thirty xenos fighters are firing on the group. Now, within one VU of the Equinox the defensive fire layed down by the Lord-Captain's ship forces several of the dark eldar to pull back. Thirty seconds from landing in the Equinox all of the enemy strike craft have retreated but a stray lance beam from the enemy raider misses the Equinox and obliterates the last shuttle in the group (luckily none of the party were on it). The party lands and disembarks onto the Equinox in the middle a void engagement.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-03-29, 20:39

"Now wasn't that bracing!" Lae'orenar slides out of her chair and stretches gracefully, her joints hyperextending as she shakes out her long confinement in the uncomfortable shuttle chairs. "I presume you are about to head to the bridge, Captain Of Men. I'm sure you wouldn't begrudge me the honor of joining you?. Not to mention," she continues in a dramatic stage whisper, "I think some of your men might get a little trigger happy with me around. I would hate to have to break our arrangement so early on in our relationship."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-29, 20:58

"Hello, beautiful," Karitoss whispers to the Eldar's legs, "I wish my language was as colorful as yours."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-03-29, 21:08

Lae'orenar giggles. "Oh, I like that one," she says to Lord Captain Desilco, drawing her wychknife. She dangles the knife between her fingers, swinging it back and forth before drawing a small slice across her face. She gives a shy smile to Karitoss, looking at him through her thick eyelashes. "You'll have to get me some quarters soon, Captain Of Men. I'm going to need some privacy."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-03-30, 02:29

"I got us here safely Lord-Captain, can I shoot it as a reward?"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-03-30, 09:29

"Safely?" Lae'orenar curves up one of her eyebrows quizzically. "Perhaps your human mathematics have not advanced sufficiently to realize this, but two is actually less than four. In fact, it is precisely half as much. Because if you have two shuttles and add two more shuttles, then you get to have four shuttles. Unfortunately, we are currently in the inverse situation; If we started with four shuttles, and remove two shuttles, then we are left with only two shuttles. If that isn't clear enough for you, I'm sure we can set up a more private meeting time to go over the complex equations."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-03-30, 11:29

Desilco awakens from his catatonic state he recently was suffering from and finally speaks.

"Need I remind you, Lae'orenar, that it is those human mathematics and technology that has gotten you aboard MY ship. Should you continue to insult the workings that has kept this heirloom of my family working I will have to consider that an affront to my families honor and don't think I'll be forgetting that insult to the Holly IMMORTAL Emperor."

Desilco takes a deep breath to calm his nerves and continues to speak in a quieter tone "Explorator Karitoss, Choir-Master Hoggs, and Mr Sky, I do believe we are required on the bridge. Would you all please join me in introducing myself to those who have just caused the deaths of several good and honest men?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-03-30, 11:47

"I don't know how it works in your xenos tongue, but in Gothic there is a thing called context. 'Us' can refer to any number of people: a small party, the crew of a ship, or the whole of humanity. Even the smallest, slow-witted human can determine what 'us' means in a conversation. Apparently I overestimated you. Allow me to explain. 'Us' means the Lord-Captain and his explorators. All of us are safe. Before you showed up, we had a fine Orc fellow with us, and he seemed perfectly capable of basic interaction. I recommend you shut your glittery mouth, especially in front of the Lord-Captain himself, if you intend to stay alive."

Tristan releases a puff of air angrily and storms off. "I'll see you lot on the bridge."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-03-30, 12:14

Lae'orenar grins. She hasn't had this much fun since last Debauchery in Commorragh. She follows behind Tristan, dodging to keep out of his eyesight. She wants to see the bridge.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-30, 12:32

As Tristan storms off the others show some concern for his sympathies towards revolting orks. None are willing to squander precious time so the party immediately makes way to the bridge. On route to the command station the party sees the crew running around in disarray. It appears as though the crew are managing to guide the engines, fire the cannons and enact repairs but there is no order to their method. The same groups of hullsmen zip back and forth past the Lord-Captain complaining that they are being sent to different corners of the ship every two minutes, unable to finish their work at one spot. The party hears the cannons firing but then catch a horrible tearing shriek reverberating across the ship. Within the mere five minutes it took the party to reach the bridge they all understand the crew is barely keeping the Equinox alive.

The group swings around the last tiresome corner of bulkheads and stomp through the brass and gold gateway into the bridge.

The operators are at their terminals furiously processing the damage reports and overwhelming volume of communications bouncing about the ship and Novalaz is standing at the command table of the ship barking out orders. Out of the corner of his eye he catches sight of the group and turns to the face them with his chiseled and aged mug. "LORD CAPTAIN! I URGE YOU TO TAKE RECLAIM YOUR STATION SIR!". Novalaz's cry pierces through the chaotic raucous of the operators. They too turn to face their Lord-Captain and let out a hearty cheer for surely now the situation will turn around.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-03-30, 13:23

Now would be a really inopportune moment to shout "We're all gonna die!!!" isn't it?

Desilco, immediately upon taking the bridge adopts a commanding posture and begins to move towards the command table. "Novalez, I will relieve you of your command of the Equinox now that I have returned. You have done a fine job and I commend you for your courage in the face of such desperate times"

Upon reaching the table Desilco gives Novalez a reassuring smile and then immediately sets about taking command of the situation.

"Mr Sky, take the helm of the Equinox and begin setting about getting us into a firing position for our macrocanons. Lets get ready to show them the true power of our archeotech weapons. Novalez get started on plotting an emergency escape route through the warp should we need to implement a hasty retreat." Desilco then realizes he has not been made aware of what the opposition consists of.

"I want a visual display of the Equinox's conditions put up on this table and on the main display screen of this bridge I want a image of the current location, trajectory, and size of our opposition and ours relative to them. Begin hailing the enemy ships for communication, I will attempt to buy us some time to get organized by opening diplomatic possibilities with the Eldar leader."

Desilco then turns to look at Lae'orenar and says "In addition I want ten men guarding our newest guest. It's fully possible that she was what they are after and the illusion of her as our captive may prove integral to negotiations"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-03-30, 13:30

Lae'orenar sidles up next to Desilco, and whispers in his ear. "You know, O Captain Of Men, if you really want, I could give you a little bit of a boost here. We could slip into the Webway right now and just zip away! You wouldn't even have to tie me up then. Not that I would mind..."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-03-30, 13:34

"I know not the depths of selfishness that you Eldar can hold within your hearts but there are men waiting for us to return down on that planet and I'll be damned to the nether realms of the warp before I leave them to die without first trying to win this fight. Not to mention that how am I supposed to know this isn't some ploy to take my ship into a trap where my entire crew will be enslaved? Now shut up and let us humans do our jobs!"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-30, 13:36

"What a splendid idea! They will surely stand down after they see we have one of their own hostage!"
Karitoss broadcasts the image of Lae'orenar surrounded by the armed guards to every Dark Eldar ship in the vicinity.
"There is no shame in losing to the might of the Imperium, who you never had a chance in Chaos against. Our call centers are standing by to accept your unconditional surrenders. Act now and receive a free consolation prize!"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-30, 13:38

[check roll20 guyz]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-03-30, 13:40

Lae'orenar notices the pict-recorders on her and acts the part. "Oh please my Dark Eldar brethren, O please surrender.  I know how much you care for your own kind, and how willing you must all be rescue me.  You definitely aren't here to torture me to death.  Please surrender and save me."  Just to be clear, she is speaking in Dark Eldar as she says this.

She then leans back to Desilco and winks widely.  "How was that?  Do ya think I convinced them?"

She clears her throat and then continues. "And by the way, that's a Torture-class Cruiser. Not that I don't have the utmost respect for the men you left behind to die, but that ship could chew yours up for breakfast. There is an old Dark Eldar saying: Run away so that you can stab them later instead of getting stabbed now. It loses something in the translation, but I believe it is applicable in this situation."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-03-30, 14:04

"Then it's a good thing we're almost within range of our macrocanons. We'll pepper them from afar while moving too fast for their fighters to stand a chance of catching up."

Desilco speaks up for all on the bridge to hear "What do you all say we give these filth a taste of high power laser fire?! We'll teach these bastards what happens when you mess with the Imperium of Man!"

Desilco grabs the vox caster that projects to the rest of the ship and begins speaking "Loyal men and women of the Equinox, righteous servants to the Emperor of Mankind. A Eldar cruiser has begun attacking us thinking us to be easy prey. We will show them the power that the Imperium can bring to bear and we will demonstrate why His righteous fury is so feared! Prepare the canons to fire upon my command for should they antagonize us further we will unleash salvo after salvo until they are nothing but atoms!"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-30, 14:08

Tristan assumes position and works quickly to undo what damage has been done to the engines. The others wait a moment to observe the response of the enemy cruiser.

A holographic depiction of an armored dark eldar floats up from the tactical board and temporarily replaces the image of the battlespace. The dark eldar's helmet is adorned on each side with a rising series of overlapped curved blades and topped off with an ornamental monolith of some sort. Their shoulderpads are a mess of rough jagged spikes and no other details visual details can be seen from the holographic projection.

"Ansver'Atul, sumai Delobas. Vash'kar'aki usodar sheydegraugh. Yusuk Eldar Lae'Orenar jun sumai neth yel aj hrageen."

Lae'orenar knows the meaning of this eldar's words approximately translate to: "Submit, small humans. We conquer for glorious anguish and slavetaking. The Dark Eldar Lae'Orenar will be dealt with, whether you die or not."

Last edited by Darkgenesis on 2015-03-30, 22:33; edited 1 time in total
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-03-30, 14:12

"Well, they don't seem to be fooled by my performance. I'm not sure that they will surrender. The good news is that they aren't planning to kill you! Just take you as torture slaves! Things could be much worse."

Lae'orenar moves around the bridge, paying close attention to the weapons station. "Hey, I know what some of those buttons do! Captain of Men! I know what some of those buttons do! I could shoot Dark Eldar with you! This sounds like a great bonding experience."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-30, 14:27

"Oh my, can all darling eldar speak in fifty shades of green?" Karitoss muses. "We accept your surrender!" He shouts through the channel .
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-03-30, 14:30

"You know, many of my people are not as cheerful and easy-going as I am. Your flippant flippantry will only serve to earn you a prime slot in one of their many torture holds. If you're lucky, then you'll get placed in a pleasure bay. The knives are cleaned there." She winks at Karitoss. "But don't worry, I clean my knives every day."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-03-30, 19:36

Desilco ponders for what seems like ages. He then after moments of great tension speaks up addressing his helmsman "Mr Sky, we are outgunned here and that ship could potentially destroy us with one good salvo. Our only hope is that we get behind them and maneuver such that we stay behind them at a distance. As my Helmsman you know the capabilities of this ship better than I. I ask you, can you do that which must be done to give us a chance in this fight?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-03-30, 21:36

I'm going with the assumption my equally eager helmsman says he can do it

Desilco looks about the bridge seeing that everyone is awaiting their orders. He grins to himself at the bold plan he has come up with for their attack on the enemy ship.

"Mr Sky, I want full throttle forward with evasive maneuvers. The only hope we have is of getting behind them and the best way to do that is to blaze right past them. I have never relied so heavily on you before and should this fail I fear we may only have an hour or two left to live, but, if we succeed we may pull off a miracle."

He then turns to address his Explorator "Explorator, Mr Sky is going to need all the assistance he can get with these maneuvers. Get down to the engines and try to coax the machines into giving us a little boost of speed. If we're lucky we can leave their fighters in the dust."

Addressing Joachim "Choirmaster, I want you to send two messages. The first to be destined to Imperial Navy Headquarters detailing our location and our situation with the enemy vessel. Should we fail I want someone to know what has happened. The second a general message to nearby space as a call to arms detailing that our vessel has come under attack by pirates and are in need of immediate assistance. If our drastic course of action allows us to live then we may be able to buy time for reinforcements to arrive if the Emperor is on our side today."

Addressing Lae'orenar "As much as I'm going to hate it I need you to go and man the guns in a focused barrage. I trust that your warrior life leaves you in a good position to man the macrocanons?"

He then grabs a vox speaking to the rest of the ship attempting to rally the men into granting the weapons better accuracy "Men and Women of the Equinox, our adversaries have just made an enemy they will regret picking a fight with. Man the guns and PUT YOUR BACKS INTO IT!"

The final act that Desilco takes is turning to ones of the officers on deck and points to him "Petty Officer, retrieve for me a bottle of vintage scotch from my quarters, a glass, and two cubes of frozen granite from my quarters. If we're going into the greatest fight of my life I want to have a drink so I can enjoy it"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-30, 22:29

The venerated meritech raider charges forward to do glorious battle with the xenos cruiser. Tristan attempts to bring the engines to full power but the damage and chaos across the ship makes it impossible to bring out the Equinox's true potential. Lae'orenar gleefully fires the macrocannons in a direction she thinks the Dark Eldar cruiser but woefully misses her target. Novalaz similarly ejects cannon fire into the empty void without even scratching the foe. Karitoss tried to coax the machine spirit of the great vessel into further assisting Tristan's deep space maneuvers. Tried as he did, he was incapable of reaching the heart of the ship. The petty officer quickly returns with the scotch and chilled granite per the Lord-Captain's request.

Just as the Lord-Captain pours his Four Blue, a 400 year old scotch-whiskey procured from segmentum solaris, a vicious barrage of macrobattery and phantom lance fire skewers the Equinox and rocks her to her core. The sudden shock of the hit knocks both the cup and bottle from the Lord-Captain's hands and both shatter upon impact with the cold adamantium floor. Simultaneously an eager operator leaps forth from his seat with a face of terror and excitement and yells "THERE IS ANOTHER SHIP! A RAIDER SIR!". The operator's exclamation is followed by a loud and low pitched *puff* after which luminescent purple specks crackling with a dark light are observed outside the viewing windows. Another operator leaps from her seat and salutes the party as she addresses them "Our warp drives are out sir! The newly discovered raider has sabotaged our gellar field stabilizing abilities! How do we proceed sir!?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-03-30, 22:33

Lae'orenar is thrashing in her chair. She has lost her cool.  

"I TOLD YOU I FUCKEN TOLD YOU!!! WE GOT OUR ASSES FUCKEN KICKED.  SCREW THE FUCKEN JELLO FIELD WE NEED TO GET INTO THE FUCKEN SERCAMBELACH RIGHT FUCKEN NOW!!!!!!!!!!"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-03-30, 23:44

Desilco muses to himself for a moment over the lost of the glass of scotch. Such a fine beverage going to waste is almost as tragic as the latest developments.

"Well I suppose it was too much to ask for such filthy xenos to play fair. Someone please mute the Eldar for me before I have her executed to put a silver lining on the situation."

Returning to address the bridge "Continue evasive maneuvers, bring us past the cruiser. Our main concern for now is getting out of the way from its main guns. Mr Sky I do believe desperate times call for desperate measures. Once we are past the cruiser take us on a movement pattern towards the planet. We will hide the Equinox within the static field and come up with a better plan from there. The raiders of the Dark Eldar are known for their extreme speed and I doubt we will be able to outrun one."

Desilco then brings up comunications with Karitoss "Explorator, see what you can do about the downed geller fields. Until we have those back up we won't be making any sort of retreat, Webway or not."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-03-30, 23:59

Lae'orenar struggles to control her emotions, which rage hotter than a forest fire. Her teeth chatter with rage and fear as she speaks. "I. Don't. Understand. Why. This. Is. Taking. So. Long. We have to get into the Webway, now. We have little hope of making it to the planet, which is hundreds of thousands of kilometers away, without being crippled by their blasts. When they get aboard this ship, they will enslave every one of us and rape and torture us to death. I cannot stress this enough." She leaves her station and kneels before Desilco.

"As much as this disgusts me, I have no other choice. I am begging you, O Captain Of Men, I am begging you on bended knee to not retreat to the planet. We must enter the Webway. Only in those sacred halls will we be safe. I do not understand what your obsession with this jello field is, but it will destroy us. We Dark Eldar can sail through the Webway without any jello fields. Anything is better than capture at their hands."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-03-31, 00:19

Desilco looks down on the Eldar begging for its life. If killing it would have been a silver lining this is wrapping it in gold inlaid gift wrap.

"You have been prattling on and on about this Webway entrance. You're telling me that it is within closer proximity than the planet? Not only that, but how are we to have a hope of navigating through a space that we know nothing about. Unless you have a perfect map of that place in your infernal head then I don't see how this is of any more use to us!"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2015-03-31, 02:50

"By The Emporer, can't you keep it together Sparkleface? Once you've finished telling the Lord-Captain about this psychadelic web party, I need stats on the new hostile. Tactical Speed. Firing range. Hull integrity. If you're still whining after that. I kindly suggest to the Lord-Captain you have the 'honor' of leading a bording party against that vessle."

Last edited by Tristan Sky on 2015-03-31, 09:25; edited 1 time in total
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-31, 09:23

Hostilities towards the Dark Eldar were rising by the second. In 10 minutes time the Lord-Captain and his advisers would have surely executed Lae'orenar. Yet somehow, as if a dark perversion of the universe, the emperor smiled upon her.

No sooner than the helmsman finished delivering his threat to the wych did an ironically psychadellic rift of dark and muted colors swirl into existence a mere three kilometers and 5 degrees off port side of the Equinox. The operators on the bridge could see the prow of a second xenos raider breaching the rift through the mere windows.
[Don't post]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-31, 09:54

In that split second Tristan ran four other outcomes to this scenario and cane to one disdainful conclusion. "Fuck it sparkleface, let's do this." He swerved the ship 5 degrees in one second and an uncountable mess of a damage reports flooded the operator terminals in response. The Equinox pivoted towards the rift and dove straight in. An all consuming swirl of light washed through the bridge and dazed everyone in the bridge. One...two....three seconds pass before the party can painfully open their eyes to observe their surroundings. They see a dazzling torrent of color ebbing, pooling and flowing in indiscernible patterns around them. The Equinkx has entered the webway.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-03-31, 10:04

Desilco has a look of absolute furry on his face. All of the damage that this venture has caused to his ship, his men, and his own pride stems from this one Eldar before him. The one who the filthy xenos have been pursuing...

"Mr Sky, take us further in and try to find a place to hide the ship. If those raiders turn back around I don't want us to be sitting ducks at the entrance. Armsmen, bind the Eldar Lae'orenar!" He draws his power sword, igniting it, "Cooperate with us and I may just let you live filth. Prove to be useful to me, and I may release you from confinement. The way I see it, you're not telling me something if an entire fleet were to be sent after ONE runaway."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-31, 10:11

Desilco makes his furry face:
Wait! It's dangerous out there, take two! - Page 8 3q0pb0
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-03-31, 10:16

Lae'orenar draws her klaive and stands taut as a bowstring. "You had best reconsider your words, Captain Of Men. You will have my cooperation, but you will NEVER take my freedom. If you kill me, restrain me, or harm me in any way, then you will starve to death here in the Webway. I will help you navigate this terrain, and we will take the time to go over exactly what happened. I admit I have not been 100% forthcoming with what happened to me, and why I am being hunted. I can tell you that I am just as surprised as you that there are not one, not two, but THREE voidships on my tail. What questions do you have of me? I will answer whatever I can."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-03-31, 10:40

Seeing the evasion of being detained Desilco draws his plasma pistol and points his blade at the Eldar. "Do you not understand your situation Lae'orenar? You are fully aware of what you are and where you are? Do you know of how much the Inquisition would be willing to pay for all the information in your head? You are aboard my ship, the only hope you have of making it to safety and you are here, as you have said, to serve on my ship. That means that if you have any sense of self preservation within you you will cooperate and for doing so I will take you to away from your pursuers... Now then, stand down Lae'orenar and cooperate with the authority of this ship."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-03-31, 10:45

"I am perfectly willing to cooperate, Captain of Men.  But just as you are my only hope, I am also yours at this critical juncture.  Let us all put away our weapons and continue this discussion in peace.  I will aid you, but I refuse to be jailed like a common prisoner.  I will die before you lock me away.  Ever since I have come on board this ship you have threatened me with death and torture, and I must say that I have restrained myself exceptionally well given the circumstances.  I did not flee from Archon Zaergarn Kul to be captured by humans."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-03-31, 10:51

"You expect me to believe that you know your way through this labyrinth? That you yourself have unparalleled knowledge of the Webway and how to navigate through it? If this is true then prove it because I find this idea to be as far fetched as Holly Terra itself falling to the Imperiums enemies"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-03-31, 10:54

"I am a Dark Eldar am I not? I was raised in this "labyrinth." I was born in the Webway, trusting its holy walls to keep me safe from the foul daemonic roil just outside. I swear to you that I am more equipped to lead you out of this madness than any other man on your crew." To prove her seriousness, she lowers, but does not sheath her sword.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-03-31, 11:02

"Then produce this knowledge you claim to hold! Where can the Equinox find rest within this maze? because quite frankly I have bigger problems to worry about than you right now."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-31, 11:26

"Wow, what an 'ironically psychedellic' rift that was! I have no clue how but I know it's ironic! Nice furry face, Lord Captain, you really showed everyone what's what. Anyway, I believe it would be prudent to exit Sir Camelback's Way as soon as we get that buffy field working again. I should very much like Lay-Ornery's help in navigating this way of Sir Camelback, but it is not strictly necessary, since all the human and mechanical brains on this ship combined are at least equal to if not greater than one eldar's thinkpan. We could figure it out before we starve."
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-31, 17:13

Lae'orenar steps up to navigate the webway. Despite everyone's disbelief and sarcastic attitudes the Dark Eldar proves useful at this one task. Several hours pass as the Equinox is directed through bends and distortions in the multicolor torrent around them until a neon blue rock floats into view. Initial augury scans estimate the solid object is 5 kilometers in radius and possesses the material qualities needed to safely anchor the Equinox.

Lae'orenar only knows that the rock has been home to desperate runaways a handful of times in the past five thousand years. As such, small caverns where the refugees once hid pepper the blue rock in pits. She also knows that the group should be able to rest here for three weeks without having to worry about a hostile ship stumbling upon them.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2015-03-31, 17:27

"There you are Captain Of Men. There was no need for your invectives. We have reached our destination. We should be safe here for three weeks or so. This area is rarely traveled. I hope that this has proven my trustworthiness to you." You can see the tension draining out of her as she relaxes for the first time since she has entered the Equinox. There is a hint of her former playfulness, but she remains serious for the time being.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2015-03-31, 18:42

"Trust? I don't know if I could ever trust a creature who's very existence is based around manipulating and torturing other sentient races."

Desilco sends a message to Karitoss "It would appear that we have found safe harbor able to last us three weeks, according to our neighborhood Eldar. The Equiniox has suffered grave damage and so our best course of action will be to see what repairs can be made for the time being"

"Mr Sky, you have the bridge. I will go and try to restore order to the panic that has ensued since this whole mess got started. With any luck we'll be able to send out scouts to get a better idea of our surroundings and begin mapping a way out of this labyrinthine dimension" He then takes his leave with a couple of men to set about restoring order to the ship
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next