Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imperion's Negotiations

2 posters

Go down

Imperion's Negotiations Empty Imperion's Negotiations

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2014-04-03, 15:29

At the tournament there are four other minor houses from nearby lands.

House Latlain, a refined, courtly house from the east, without a large military presence. They are cordial with the Sigmaur, but do not have the military strength to make a powerful ally.

House Tralannan, colors black and gray, with the Wyvern as their house animal. They are historically Ignan, but have been part of Gygar for at least a thousand years. They are a bit stand-offish, without many allies, but people fear them for their strong heavy infantry.

The most powerful military house present (disregarding the Sigmaur and the surprise visitors, the Lassyr) is the Camerier, Orange and Black, their symbol a gauntleted fist. They have recently come to power, like the Sigmaur, and are chomping at the bit to prove themselves in battle.

Finally, there is House Quinys, visitors from across the Arano desert. Their colors are yellow and brown, their animal a camouflaged snake. This House is the most recent transplant to Gygar, and they struggle to prove themselves as trustworthy to the other houses.

Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Imperion's Negotiations Empty Re: Imperion's Negotiations

Post by Cknell 2014-04-03, 18:16

Imperion moves forward to speak to a nearby member of house Camerier. Is the lord present?

Cknell
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2014-04-20, 22:29

Lord Rodgar Camerier is in fact present. He is currently devouring most of a chicken at a nearby table. His lady, Lady Dantwell is sitting on his right, but the seat to his left is empty. Lord Rodgar is a tall and broad imposing figure, middle-aged, bearded with a scar under his right eye. He has a healthy appetite.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cknell 2014-04-21, 08:09

Imperion walks up to lord Rodgar.
"Lord Camerier, lady Dantwell, thank you very much for attending our tournament. I am Imperion Sigmaur, heir to house Sigmaur. Is there anything you need?"

Cknell
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Cknell 2014-04-25, 19:14

While the awkward silence continues, Imperion's thoughts go elsewhere. Notably, he ponders Roland's strange behavior and contemplates his need of an heir. He is also amused by lord Rodgar's voracious appetite.

Cknell
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2014-07-11, 23:46

"More wine, boy!" Lord Rodgar shouts before turning and realizing to whom he is speaking. "Ah, my apologies Lord Sigmaur. I mistook you for one of the serving boys. You shouldn't lurk so, it throws me off my feed." He shows the falsity of this statement by picking up another chicken. "Now, tell me what these shenanigans with the Lassyr are all about. Why on Cantalia are they here?!"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cknell 2014-07-13, 11:18

Imperion clasps his hands behind his back and straightens his back, in a position of calm authority. "I fear my brother was the one who extended the invitations for this tournament. He is likely the one to have invited them."

Cknell
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2014-07-14, 10:12

"Now that is damned odd I must say. I suppose your brother must hold quite a torch for that lass! Can't imagine why though. She seems more likely to bite than a rabid dog!" At this Lord Rodgar guffaws, bits of half chewed chicken flying out of his mouth.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cknell 2014-07-14, 19:14

Imperion smiles a bit, in his characteristic half-smirk. He then says "So, who will be representing house Camerier in the joust tomorrow? He must be quite the fighter!"

Cknell
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2014-07-15, 09:27

"Oh you'll just have to wait till tomorrow to see that, my boy! I bet your brother will be taking the field? He is a fine hand on a horse that is certain. A fine man in battle."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cknell 2014-07-15, 18:00

"Indeed. I do fear that Elyssa's husband may try to kill the man, though." Imperion chuckles nervously, indicating that the joke may have some truth to it.

Cknell
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2014-07-15, 20:59

"Well a joust without at least one death is a dull affair! May Gygar preserve Davorin however. Your house would not do well to lose its scion." Imperion notices a subtle change in Lord Rodgar, as he crunches thoughtfully on a stubborn bit of bone. His eyes meet yours searchingly. "Now what was your reason for coming over here. I've heard about you, boy. You aren't much for friendly conversation."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cknell 2014-07-15, 21:44

(That's a good question. What are the problems facing House Sigmaur, specifically? I know Davorin is unmarried, but I should probably let Jarvan or Davorin handle that.)

Cknell
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2014-07-16, 09:29

(Well currently you have no direct threats, but you are in a dangerous part of the world and your rival house, the Lassyrs, are directly adjacent to you. You have recently acquired a portion of their territory which they still hold claims on. They are not friendly. However, you could certainly attempt to establish further dominion over the area however you so choose.)
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cknell 2014-07-16, 18:41

Imperion is quietly relieved that he can stop trying to make small talk. "As you likely know, lord Rodgar, House Sigmaur has recently acquired territory that used to belong to the Lassyr. I do not expect them to take this lightly, and I do not expect the people of this territory to accept our rule immediately. We have capable commanders and troops to maintain order, but perhaps not enough in the event that the Lassyr attempt to take their former lands. More troops may be necessary, and the soldiers of House Camerier are known for their strength."

Cknell
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2014-07-16, 19:30

"And what would be in it for me and my house, eh? I have no quarrel with the Lassyrs. Aye, your house is as old if not older, but your recent successes do not outweigh your history of weakness. Why should the Camerier support you?"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cknell 2014-07-16, 21:03

(What, other than marriage candidates, does house Sigmaur have to offer House Camerier? Can I make a knowledge check to learn more about the house?)

Cknell
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2014-07-17, 09:27

(about house Camerier or your own house? You know that you have land which may or may not have minerals/be super fertile/something along those lines. You have only had it for a short time, and haven't been able to determine exactly what is there.)
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum