Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NeverEver

4 posters

Go down

NeverEver Empty NeverEver

Post by Dave 2012-11-14, 14:44

Hey guys, I heard that there's this awesome new game in development. I can't exactly remember the name... Oh, NeverEver! Yeah, that's it! Something about an infinite experience or whatever. It's on GitHub right now but for some reason there's only a README and a LICENSE file. If you're really into staring at empty repositories, I think you'll feel right at home:

(click here for repo)

Don't worry, though!

I talked with that guy who's developing it. He's a real swell guy! He also said that he's only half of the team and that there's an artist working on it too! I bet you can't wait to see how this turns out. The good news is that you don't have to! There's supposed to be a really pointless demo posted in this very thread by the end of today!

I wonder how the devs found out about this forum!

edit: And here's the incredibly pointless demo of the alpha version of the pre-alpha version of the game! WARNING: You can only move around!

The good art has been left out until I get DG's choice of license. I put in some simple ascii tiles and sprites in keeping with the roguelike inspiration. The idea is that it's going to be an infinite, procedurally generated realm that's completely multiplayer.

Different art packs are soon to come!
Attachments
NeverEver Attachment
NeverEver_PointlessDemo_ASCII.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.9 Mb) Downloaded 3 times

Last edited by Dave on 2012-11-15, 03:45; edited 1 time in total
Dave
Dave
Griefer
Griefer

AwesomeSauce : 9

Back to top Go down

NeverEver Empty Re: NeverEver

Post by Dave 2012-11-14, 21:34

Now with Actual Art! Isn't it beautiful?

I'm curious. Do these work ok for people who download them?
Attachments
NeverEver Attachment
NeverEver_PointlessDemo_DG.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.9 Mb) Downloaded 3 times
Dave
Dave
Griefer
Griefer

Back to top Go down

Post by M. Ainsel 2012-11-14, 21:37

It worked fine for me. And drat I have to redownload it again Razz

edit: Lol the guy looks like Eric Garcia a bit
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Undergrad, When They Cry Undergrad
AwesomeSauce : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2012-11-14, 22:20

imo, it'd feel better, if you wanna keep the square pathing, you should make the guy walk the longer distance before the shorter. it just feels more right imo.
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 2012-11-14, 22:37

gamemastersCollaborator wrote:It worked fine for me. And drat I have to redownload it again Razz
Yeah, that is annoying. I'm going to add in some sort of plugin system so you can just download a plugin and go.

itsame273 wrote:imo, it'd feel better, if you wanna keep the square pathing, you should make the guy walk the longer distance before the shorter. it just feels more right imo.
Noted.

I'm also in development of a graphically enhanced version based on art submitted by that CR guy with the blue name. Expect secret biomes and lots of annoying princesses standing on delicious food items.
Dave
Dave
Griefer
Griefer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 2012-11-15, 03:10

The NeverEver: Pointless Demo, Church of Proz edition is here!

Special features:
- beautiful pixel art lovingly hand-crafted by CR
- 4 different biomes: grass, lava, and two very rare secret biomes!
- fellow wanderers: 2 statue-like NPC classes are scattered about the land!

Bug fixes:
- map generation shouldn't cause errors on the 17th chunk any more
- always take the longest direction first

PS: I promise this is the last pointless demo. I got a little carried away. The next version will have combat in it, so it won't be quite as pointless.
Attachments
NeverEver Attachment
NeverEver_PointlessDemo_CR.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Mb) Downloaded 3 times
Dave
Dave
Griefer
Griefer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2012-11-17, 15:07

I was stuck on the grass biome for a while, so I ragequit.
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: