Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Choice of Destiny

+6
Zhu Yang
InteroVegas
Skraal
kaede
M. Ainsel
Corenat Rovarnus
10 posters

Go down

Choice of Destiny Empty Choice of Destiny

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-08-20, 22:28

Choice of Destiny 13138910
You can only pick one, which is it?

I could make this a poll but replying allows explanation
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Choice of Destiny Empty Re: Choice of Destiny

Post by M. Ainsel 2011-08-20, 23:44

Number 2 is for me.
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Undergrad, When They Cry Undergrad
AwesomeSauce : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-08-21, 01:00

Don't be lazy explain why you picked the second choice.

Honestly this would be a hard choice for me.

1) Not really an option for me I'd get bored after a few days trying out my immortality by killing myself in humorous ways but traveling around the world free as a bird would be fun.

2) This would be a good choice for me because i love history and could explore every inch of my favorite historical civilizations (Greece, Rome, Egypt, Japan, and China) and i could alter the time line in my favor (meet my birth parents, get Kooay to work on rule breaker, make it so sandow was never born).

3) This is a pretty safe choice be married to whoever you want be it a real person or a fictional person made real and will love you forever, money for the rest of your life, aging gracefully, and a great survivability rate.

This is a tough choice for me but I'd pick option 2. I'd enjoy being able to change my appearance at will. Going up to one of you guys as Rena with a knife with a slasher smile would be great laugh and walking around looking like dark Sakura would freak my brother out a bit. Traveling through time would be fun as well.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-08-21, 07:23

Before I pick, I have a question. In the third point of option 2, it says that dying resets you to when you first got the power, keeping memories. Does it reset the 200 year counter?

Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-08-21, 18:10

To make it fair because the second option has so many loopholes, no it does not reset the 200 years. And those are subjective.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2011-08-21, 19:46

1 - My unrealized potential to troll the world, and test the limits of mortality and the universe are by far the best option. Also anytime you have a "nothing can kill u" or "can eat anything" type of clause you can find one way or another to become god.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2011-08-28, 10:00

Deciding between 1 and 3. I suppose 2 would be interesting for a while, but it would take some of the fantasy out of life; some things sound cooler when you don't know what really happened.

Unless you found some way to change your appearance using Option 1, you would probably stand out physically after the human race has gone through a period of evolution. Also, it would be pretty saddening to see your descendants die before you.
On the other hand, you would be powerful enough to protect your offspring from any danger, acting like a guardian angel. Hard to tell if you would care enough about them after living so long though, or even empathize with someone from such a different culture.

Option 3 sounds like the best to me. You could exploit it to create a line of seemingly God-given royalty. Of course this all depends on if your offspring manage to procreate or not. Initiative and self-knowledge all play a part too. Your descendants could either become the greatest conquerors in history (Invincible Kings that won't die unless they commit suicide), or a series of misinformed government tools.
Add in an option to communicate with your descendants by bringing them to see you in Heaven, or visiting them in person, and I'm completely sold.

EDIT: Really nice OP Kooay. rep++
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Master
AwesomeSauce : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2011-08-28, 11:30

i would be too lazy to choose and continue to live my normal sh1tty life

choice 1 - being immortal sounds boring (i would prolly end imortality at 100 years =.=), and going etheral and trolling with ur infinite energies at 2000mph is pointless

choice 2 - being able to control time gets too complicated, and i'd eventually just stop trying, sure i can control time and make myself unbeatable, but that would defeat the point of competition in the first place

choice 3 - people want more, and if u have everything, wut is there to want? i'd prolly suicide from the lack of want for anything in life as everything is already mine

if u force me to choose, i'd choose choice 2 cuz it make my life slightly easier, altho more complicated as i have more choices to choose from. but... as i said bfore, i prolly won't take those choices anyways
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2011-08-28, 11:57

its amazing how preferential the responses were.

I was dictated by self.

Vroopmaster was dictated by family.

Kai-Wario was dictated by lack of motivation for anything more complicated.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-08-28, 17:42

Michael was dictated by...hrmm I don't really know.
For me I have to make a sacrifice between 1 or 2, the only one there is no way I'm choosing is 3, because essentially it gives you a seemingly normal life but removes all the challenges and difficulties like finding love or making money, so I tend to think of it as a 'wuss' option, character and virtue is built by overcoming these challenges and if you just obtain it without any effort you will suck socially, which is the only mundane problem option 3 doesn't solve. I suppose it isn't that bad, but the other two have a lot more to offer.
Benjamin Franklin wrote:There are only two things that are certain in life: Death and taxes.
Option 1 makes these two things not certain at all, which technically leads to the conclusion that anything is possible. While immortality gives me the time to accomplish great things, I'm lazy and a procrastinator so having unlimited time would actually make me accomplish less, since besides the ethereal ability, everything else has to be done the same old way, through hard work. Option 2 seems the most lucrative to me, since I have temporarily decided my life's goal to be to experience everything the world and possibly universe has to offer, and this fits the most with that goal. But my attitude may change over time so if possible I would save making the choice until middle age.

Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2011-08-28, 19:16

with option 1 you can go do everything to a point where everything has been done before for you and you have nothing better to do than to slowly do whatever the hell you want to do, sounds perfect.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2011-08-28, 19:46

=.= sounds pretty boring to me
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2011-08-28, 22:03

really? because right now life seems pretty boring too. I think that being immortal changes what life is, even if you have to do everything through a mortal way, your mentality changes, how you achieve things change. You know in the end you will always win because you can always , always, ALWAYS out last your enemies. And so it becomes how can things be interesting to you, and finding more and more the unexpected things in life.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2011-08-29, 16:10

not really interested in that...
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kattanakitten 2011-08-30, 21:21

Uno

kattanakitten
Griefer
Griefer

ProZ Degrees: When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-08-31, 03:40

Cool choice hector
Darkgenesis wrote:Kai-Wario was dictated by lack of motivation for anything more complicated.
So is he saying he wants to live a simple life where he usually doesn't have what he wants, but free of complications and boredom? It sounds as if he has nothing he wants to achieve or accomplish, not even interested in winning bouts or discovering some sort of meaning or place in life. Truly, the mind of Kai-Wario-sama is beyond my comprehension.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2011-08-31, 16:05

yup, everything u just said is completely tru
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2011-08-31, 20:30

Number One definitely, I would hone every skill I can possibly obtain to the peak and beyond and since my body forever remains 25, it makes it much easier.
I could also witness the death of the universe and live beyond even that, even the death of our universe would not kill me, and I can see what exists beyond the end.

As Number Two you would die at the collapse of the universe and be reset, but you can do anything else Number One can, plus more, its just that if someone really wanted to kill you, they could sneak attack and knock you out, make you brain dead so you can't use your power for 200 years and you would lose your power and die.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-09-05, 08:49

Well, I would say that I would have to choose number 2. Romance doesn't really interest me and this article makes a pretty good case against number 1. (Point 1 of the article doesn't apply, but the rest probably would)
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by DukeLawliet 2011-09-06, 20:03

Oh, romance interests me. Number 3 for sure. And for those of you calling it dull, think of it this way. You can have fun manipulating it's loopholes, while still having a FAGGOT KERN-PERETS. Oh, and not that I would personally do this,but as your partner loves you unconditionally, remember, you can sleep around, and have as many of your glorious invulnerable conqueror spawn at your disposal. And that money could multiply so easily and quickly now that you have enough backup to do INSANE investments.

Last edited by DukeLawliet on 2011-09-06, 22:42; edited 1 time in total
DukeLawliet
DukeLawliet
Lagger
Lagger

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by M. Ainsel 2011-09-06, 20:09

It was a tough choice between 2 and 3 for me, but 2 I think is better. I mean, you can take you and your lover on historical joyrides! Ride history like a mechanical bull! And besides, 3 just kinda seems like mind control.
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Undergrad, When They Cry Undergrad
AwesomeSauce : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by DukeLawliet 2011-09-06, 20:21

Point taken, but for a desperate miserable horny 17 year old with a crap home life, mind control is a valid option. Have fun with your paradoxes, everyone Very Happy
DukeLawliet
DukeLawliet
Lagger
Lagger

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2011-09-06, 22:06

Skraal wrote:Well, I would say that I would have to choose number 2. Romance doesn't really interest me and this article makes a pretty good case against number 1. (Point 1 of the article doesn't apply, but the rest probably would)

This is a lot of bs.

all of the "Getting trapped" problems and "being chased" problems that the article puts up are negated since you can go ethreal and thus nothing can hold you down. You are truly impossible to capture, even the master ball couldn't capture you.

Then the alzheimers point is just "oh yeah sure, you will just get alzheimers, even though we know nothing about it"

The WORST one is Time speeds up until you are insane - it says that each year goes by faster because it represents a smaller portion of your life - CEPT that you live for an infinite amount of time and so this doesn't hold up. Not to mention that this article was most likely not written by someone age 95 who can vouch that time speeds up. "but amos there is an article attached" the article says that the choice for a proportionality constant is ARBITRARY, meaning he could very well be wrong. I have my own personal opinion that we become desensitized to new things, and life feels extremely monotonous and everything seems similar as we grow older and thus time spent on things that you have witnessed thousands of times before don't stand out as much. But at the same time, I too could be so very wrong, like this crazy person from the article.

The writer of this article is pretty wrong on a lot of points besides being stuck - but you outlast everything, even the break down of stone, because you are IMMORTAL.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by DukeLawliet 2011-09-06, 22:42

WHOEVER EDITED "FAGGOT KERN-PERETS" TO FAGGOT KERN-PERETS (NOW ALTERED) WILL BURN! BURN!
DukeLawliet
DukeLawliet
Lagger
Lagger

Back to top Go down

Post by DukeLawliet 2011-09-06, 22:43

WHAT THE HELL? I CANT SAY F A L L B A C K ?

FAGGOT KERN-PERETS

.....BURN I SAY! BURRRRRRRRRRRRRN! WE SHALL NOT STAND FOR THIS FILTER!!!!
DukeLawliet
DukeLawliet
Lagger
Lagger

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-09-06, 23:01

fallback
COOL FACE
It's called a censor, and I removed it, you can curse all you want now.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by DukeLawliet 2011-09-07, 14:48

Choice of Destiny N138214_oh%20you
DukeLawliet
DukeLawliet
Lagger
Lagger

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2011-09-07, 18:36

GAY-MOS yes! this post won't turn up on google under my name finally. I'd still rather be able to curse than have school access to forums though, its a pain to type f@ck when I am trying to establish a tone.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2011-09-07, 19:40

Debunking Cracked's 5 vs immortality.
#5 Never gonna happen.
#4 Just hide ethereal for like 50 years and nobody will know you again. Or you can learn ethereal fu and beat the crap outta the army without even trying, sleep ethereal just so you don't get low blown.
#3 Yeah, true, but not necessarily a bad thing.
#2 Thats just relative perception.
#1 You can go ethereal
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2011-09-07, 21:35

so we can agree that the cracked article is a load of bullsh$t
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-09-08, 18:50

Well, in regards to Option 1 of the choice of destiny, absolutely yes. 'Regular' Immortality, there is a reasonable doubt for some.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down