Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Check for a casual lore making?

4 posters

Go down

Check for a casual lore making? Empty Check for a casual lore making?

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-27, 20:09

Want to check if people would bother with a casual lore making, make our own lore and what not, obviously going slower would be better and aside from some ground work it would be pretty free floating. Though if it is just me (which seems quite the case) I won't bother, I think 2 or 3 others minimum is good.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Check for a casual lore making? Empty Re: Check for a casual lore making?

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-09-27, 20:27

I'll do my part, just tell me basic parameters, (eg do laws of physics apply?)

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse BS
AwesomeSauce : -6

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-27, 20:33

well the idea is to casually make it up, and divide parts so that discussions of each part can be had, yes basic laws of physics will apply, but on the other hand it will be magical. I would rather this stayed away from totally overpowered heroes that could blow up cities with a simple flick of the wrist. but very occasional ones might be ok.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2010-09-27, 21:19

It sounds interesting ... i'll try to participate if i can
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-27, 22:00

kk this is a good start, I want to make note ahead of time THIS SHOULD IN NO WAY BE ANYTHING THAT REALLY EATS UP TIME, just add to this when you have nothing else to do, and have the time to come up with something cool. Also there is background, and event. (using fsn examples, previous holy grail wars and the servants backgrounds are obviously backgrounds, fights in the present one are events. If we decide to move on, we can restructure it as background info).

an example (very poor one): "In the era of new Incarnation, The northern empire of Shano Ak' rin was at a peak in the use of [magic/technology/w/e], the southern countries constant warring with one another left them unable to advance and hurt the economy. The Shano Ak' rin decided this was a good time to strike, and take over the southern lands. This sudden assault from the North created a common enemy for the southern kingdoms to team up against. The North may have had superior military power and stronger demicasters (I dunno just making this up on the fly). But the sheer number of southern kingdoms and the variety in their incantionists proved more powerful than the North, the North was driven back and lost many of the middle continent lands. From this war sprung the holy empire of Basilis, The tribal war kingdom of Galmar and the technologically advanced Danae. blah blah blah.

An example of an event: The archbishop Tormaden was ambushed by the Galmar champion at a bridge passing under a waterfall. The Galmar champion cutout the bridge. Tormaden was able to jump aback to safety and bend the dirt around the Champion using his curse of intent. blah blah blah [epic fight scene] blah blah blah

These were two very poorly constructed examples, and they were not meant to be examples of the setting type. Just examples.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-09-27, 22:06

begin at the beginning:
The Lords of all creation shaped all things, they shaped land of themselves, they shaped the sky of themselves and they shaped the people of themselves, the People were made after their creators and for an age harmony ruled all of creation.

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse BS
AwesomeSauce : -6

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-27, 22:20

oh right before we go to far, I did have one preference I wanted to make and one comment: No super evil bad guy, stories always end once you make one (unless you are dbz, then you pump another one out). Also, spend alot of time on each section, yeah creation story is not one of those things, but even on the first era of man, it might have some even that affects later on.

My opinion lets start neither with a harmony nor a chaos. Merely a state of being, with all the basic sins of man existing. And lets call these lords of creation the shapers or sculptors, but not builders, maybe something like "The shaper of mother Earth" oh yeah we need a planet name, here let me go make a topic for this piece.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2010-09-28, 05:52

No super villain? Sad

Yes how many dbz ultimate villains are there .... at least 10
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-28, 17:13

no, no evil god of sin, nor anything like that. Final fantasy only gets away with that because they start more or less from scratch every game.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2010-09-28, 17:23

Hmm ... can we have a general group of evil people?

like the covenant in halo
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-28, 17:35

sure, most likely multiple will appear over the course of the lore, but please refrain from single super invincible super demi gods, yeah cataclysms occur more than once, but not like every 300 years.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2010-09-28, 17:49

OK that sounds good ...

EX: Majin Buu
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-28, 17:54

ex: last boss characters in final fantasy games that are like the soul of all evil or some powerofpoo.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by M. Ainsel 2010-09-28, 18:45

I think the general Villain should be a guy who has nothing but his clothes and wits to begin with, and has a very material goal other than world domination. Human Villains make much more interesting characters when they are true antagonists - a twisted reflection of the protagonists, with the same limited resources (maybe even less) but so devilishly clever and/or skilled that he poses as a valid threat. This kind of Villain is good for disrupting an existing system or bending it to his will, turning justified revolutions into a bloody political/racial slaughter or convincing city states that their neighbors need to be crushed. Also, his motive doesn't need to be just power or money; he could be like the Joker from the Dark Knight, where chaos and anarchy are not a mean but an end, or he could be doing what he considers in his mind fully right like Frolo from Hunchback of Notredam.
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Undergrad, When They Cry Undergrad
AwesomeSauce : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-28, 19:06

this lore will encompass multiple stories and multiple eras of civilization (or lack there of) so yeah maybe that will be one of them. Here is a list of basic arch villains you got:
Usurper of power (tries for a power that will make him like a god, hero fights him at the critical moment, etc)
Political Brutalist
Religious Crusader King
Destroyer
The vengeful man
The powerful conqueror
The Tribal King
these are good ol basics, anyways we need to go determine drives, then go start civilization.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down