Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interest Check

+3
ZedSlayer
nullset12
InteroVegas
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Interest Check Empty Interest Check

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-06, 16:50

Looking through the BESM book, I have been thinking of how certain powers make sense as powers various characters from various animes had. (like power blast = dbz, or dynamic powers (op thing here) = umineko witch, etc) So I was thinking of tsukihime, and that reminded that we are playing a game with a tsukihime mod on it. So I was thinking why not BESM-ize vampire hunt? OK now this may full well be rejected, but first read out the general outline of differences:

Day phase:
Would still have voting to lynch - Although if it is the true ancestor that got picked to be lynched, I still have to work out some balances there.
The rest would more or less be the same.

Night phase:
Instead of all the vampires voting to kill 1 target, they could split up and kill multiple targets as they choose, or group up and kill 1 target. The vampires actually have to fight their target, it would not just be an instant kill (well for the most part, unless it is like a true ancestor vs a single knight).

The burial agent can attack people as often as he wants, instead he can only use his holy scripture once through out the course of the game (labeled as a recovery defect, or ammunition defect). The Holy scripture of course would be like an instant kill of sorts.

All players can choose to attack others in the night phase, but they must win in the combat, retreat, or die, not just be like "I vote against him so he dies".

The alchemist would have a forcefield type thing setup that can not be passed during the night phase if utilized. This can be put anywhere but the player who gets the forcefield used on can not attack others nor can he be attacked.

Players can hang out in groups at night, but beware, the person or people you choose to go around at night with may full well be vampires.

There would be a map setup, with markings for who lives where (and if people choose too, we can add all sorts of modifiers, like living in a bad part of town takes longer to get through, having a car makes it super easy to get around. Having metro stations, w/e).

We (wayne and I, maybe michael too) would set up templates, and then make some simple custimization choices, things like gun vs sword, etc.

Anyways please post if you interest in trying this. ( I admit it needs some restructuring, but I can do that after I see if there is any interest)
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Interest Check Empty Re: Interest Check

Post by nullset12 2010-09-06, 16:53

...... you could potentially pick someone like SABER and you would be practically immune from vampires.

Hence the HOLY sword excalibur....

but i like the idea
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-06, 17:01

your role would be assigned, and there would be some limitations on what you can pick, and if you tried to do some loophole garbage we can always hamper down on the points to a point where you can only have the basics. But yes, the vampires and burial agent and the alchemist would have more to them then the knights. I don't think people should have the right to complain about the knights being underpowered considering they were underpowered beforehand too.

Also to make sabers stuff, would cost wayyy to many points. Avalon, it costs, OVER 9000, nah, but it would cost a lot to make.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-09-06, 18:57

or like Alucard if you're the true ancestor, SO THAT YOU CAN NOT DIE, EVER

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse BS
AwesomeSauce : -6

Back to top Go down

Post by jakethekoenig 2010-09-06, 19:09

sounds awesome

jakethekoenig
Camper
Camper

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-09-06, 19:27

Sounds fun. If we do this i'm in.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-06, 19:28

OBVIOUSLY some abilities will be restricted. Pretty much all details relating to your background and profession will be made by us, while your attacks and certain passive abilities (like auras and disintegration fields) will be ascertained by you
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2010-09-06, 19:34

Definitely in if this starts up
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-06, 19:37

ok that makes 4 of you, if kevin, bigz, kelvin and marth marthy join, we will have enough to test run. For the first round for testing I will help manage info with wayne, because we predict it will take a lot of management. Also the night phases will be long, but this time you will be doing stuff.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-09-06, 19:38

This would basically be vamp hunt on steroids correct? Never thought me posting a set of 4-6 year old rpg manuals would be popular.

Also I can say that marthy will join.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by jakethekoenig 2010-09-06, 19:39

don't forget about me!

jakethekoenig
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-06, 19:46

lol sorry didn't mean to forget you

and these manuals are great for turning anime into an actual game.

Don't be worrying about this right now, school is alot of work, so while I work on the maps in my spare time, making those templates will have to wait. Once the the templates are down, wayne has to assign roles, then we get your characters suited up to you. Then we have an explanation on the map and the rules. Then we can start.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-09-06, 21:28

I can help with the maps

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-06, 21:59

nah wayne and I gots to make them. Also each area should have a description of sorts. This will make the game alot more rp intensive and immersive.

Prototype map is finished, probably needs spaces added to it.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-09-08, 18:10

cool

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-08, 18:19

A quick summary on the map: It is a ring structure city, Wayne will have to deal with it, this is a semi future type or ancient type city made in fortress structure. It has an outer ring area, a middle ring zone and then a high class inner area zone. The shape and idea of ring structure was the easiest/best way to make a good map for this.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-09-08, 18:30

oooh can we see the map or is it all in your head?
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-08, 18:43

uhm it is in pencil on a paper, I have yet to make it, it'd be great if someone who is good at making nice looking maps could do it, wayne and I would work out the specific details of what goes where, then send that person a really rough version of the map, then give it out.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigz 2010-09-08, 21:27

This sounds epic. I want in.
Bigz
Bigz
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-09-08, 21:35

d00d, h3ll yes

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-08, 21:38

Btw please don't over hype this, it hasn't been tested out, so it could be an epic fail, and there are some technical issues we need to work out for some night phase fight stuff. And the templates haven't been made yet.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-09-08, 22:43

Still it sounds fun. Though wouldnt it be more fun if instead of the day round being lynching like in regular vampire hunt its a time for RP to gather info or just have fun with others and the night round would be when the people make there kill.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-08, 23:13

Yes that idea of a mystery / investigation / battle game did show up in my head. But I didn't want to risk that, mainly because when you get to investigating other human players the whole thing about finding clues becomes miserable. One person complains that they found some clues, the second person complains they didn't leave them there, or that if they had total control over the game they wouldn't leave clues around like that, etc. Also the nature of the game would change, because remember that in the original vampire hunt there is no way actually gather information unless oyu are the tohno head.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-09-08, 23:57

Thats why you have GM's. They leave the clues that player A leaves behind (even if the person says they do not leave a clue they cant be they cant go against what the gm says) the GM can give hints about the clues when player B examines something and can try and connect something to another player.

...now that I think about it this what I posted sounds an aweful lot like the ace attorney games...wierd but oh well. This game style would require alot of effort on the gm's side and because of this if we play this we may need multipule gms so this may not be the way to go.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-09, 00:22

I get what you are saying, but that is exactly what I meant players will complain about.

Person A "I figured out you are the killer because I stalked you around"
Person B "THATS BS UR A brian CHEATER I CHECKED FOR STALKERSSSS"
Gm "No their class type lets them do that"
Person B "Thats gay, ur a dumbass gm I could do so much better than you, u suck"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-09-09, 00:26

If they complain about that then obviously they didnt look at the class abilities when they are released (assuming that you will release the class base stats).

But I say for now we go with what your suggesting if its a sucess we can add things into the game in the future.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-09, 00:42

coolio, also we haven't yet really made a priority system in combat, while there is some luck and skill to it. We do want to give blatant advantages to some in combat (i.e. the vampires) right the priority system is as follows from the top:

Scripture - Burial Agent 1 time use kill power
True Ancestor
Burial Agent - Ties with Vampire (for now at least)
Tohno head
Alchemist
Knight
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-09-09, 00:45

Hey you guys need any help in this? I am free to help for the next two weeks.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-09, 00:49

help would be awesome - we need templates that fit.

For the most part just the basics need to be premade and then pick some choices that should be availble for custimization (like for knights, using guns or swords, type of gun, their transportation, their looks, maybe A combat technique)

I do not know enough about the precise details of the vampires and burial agents from tsukihime to make them out of BESM precisely as they should be, if you can do that, that would be awesome.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-09-09, 00:54

OK so for the vampires how strong are they? satsuki level or roa level? Burial agents should I assume that they are to be around ciels level of power? and for the TA should they have the ability to summon the crimson moon castle?
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-09, 01:05

well we do need to keep a couple things in perspective for gameplay purposes and logic. The TA should be able to be killed by even a burial agent and 1 knight, that is how close the difference should be.

Uhm the vampires can be whatever they need to be to fit in, even if it is between those two. I guess it would be easy - ER to do this via algebra in a sense, 3 knights should be able to beat the TA (just how it needs to be) so 3x = T, and the burial agent more or less = T - 1, and the vampires = T - 1, and the rest of the characters need to balance in. Though I am going to mod the health so we a) don't have super long fights and b) have shorter much more tense fights, so I will need to know the ratios for adequate health on those. Do what you think is good, then we will tweak it a lot to fit gameplay balance.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-09-09, 01:18

Ok so the TA is just a normal one with some powerful abilities the knights will be like the nanayas able to do things past the human bodies potential and the vampires and BA will be around the real tohno shikis level. Thono clan head will be around either kishma koumas level or vermilion akihas level.

sound good?
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-09, 10:04

True Ancestor > (BA = Vampire) > Tohno Head > Alchemist > Knight
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-09-09, 12:56

got it.

It might be a while before I start on this i'm going to san diego for a few days but im taking my comp so I may get started as soon as I get there.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-09, 13:57

cool, the map needs to be finalized anyways and that will take a while
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-10, 23:40

bump

What style do we want the map in?

Skyscrapers, Fantasy, Elf buildings, orc buildings, halfling buildings, future, gothic or generic old village?
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-09-11, 00:09

Skycrapers. Can lead to some pretty epic battles (Specially between the TA and BA.)
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-11, 00:13

I will make the middle ring basic sky scrapers, the inner ring the major sky scrapers and the outer ring will be meh.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-11, 00:29

bump - 15 minutes of working on the inner ring and im only 50% done with that section, which is the smallest section . . . . .
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-09-12, 10:54

Darkgenesis wrote:coolio, also we haven't yet really made a priority system in combat, while there is some luck and skill to it. We do want to give blatant advantages to some in combat (i.e. the vampires) right the priority system is as follows from the top:

Scripture - Burial Agent 1 time use kill power
True Ancestor
Burial Agent - Ties with Vampire (for now at least)
Tohno head
Alchemist
Knight
I think that the Burial Agent should be able to kill a normal vampire alone, but it should be tough.
also, I think we should throw in some Gothic Style Buildings

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2010-09-12, 11:38

That would be overpowered. The only person who could do that is Barthomeloi Lorelei cause she has the first magic

nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-12, 11:41

no because it being tough, doesn't make a difference, it isn't dnd where you have hordes of guys to fight, the advantages should either make a clear cut difference of a a really impossibly close match. I don't really care that much about the lore over the gameplay balance. I more teetering on the side where the burial agent should be below vampire, but I decided to leave it as a tie, so that single vampires won't try to knock em out. Also it should take maybe 2 or 3 knights to take out one vampire. The idea is that vamps can spread out and try to hit multiple targets, but if they do, they have a chance of being killed. On the other hand if they stick together they will fry.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-09-12, 11:59

Oh yeah uhh how many points should each template be worth?

I was thinking this:
TA:275
BA:250
DA:250
Tohno: 200
Alchemist: 175
knight: 150

please tell me if this is ok or not.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-12, 12:08

I actually have no preference, I would rather they get all the basic bits that they need, see what the score is from there and decide how many points to add on. Cuz stuff like the TA needing maybe a level of superspeed or superstrength. I realize if I just said, recreate the ones from the manga that might be abit of a problem. So go for the bare minimum basic "racial" abilities so to speak ex: The knights need the ability use melee or range weapons (we can make multiple knight templates if we need to, or just leave it as a choice of what proficiency to pick - ranged or melee). Burial needs probably 1 or 2 levels tops of super jump, stuff like that. Then stuff can be added on.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-09-12, 12:14

Ok got it i'll give them what abilities I think they'll need.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-12, 12:36

If possible try to give them some choices in their character like range vs melee, 6th sense vs physical strength, etc, obviously the stronger they are the less they compromise on weak stuff and they have stronger choices.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-09-12, 13:44

Ok here is a first draft template I drew up for the TA ill post it here for you to suggest any changes. I left the skills section blank for customization on the players part

Spoiler:

Last edited by kaede on 2010-09-13, 11:36; edited 1 time in total
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2010-09-12, 14:00

hmmm, this seems a bit too much like arcruied, I realize that each true ancestor is very different from the second. That does make it difficult to arrange a common base. I think the high penetration is a wee bit much, maybe like penetration 1. But then again, all the relativity depends on how powerful the other characters are. so maybe I will make some edits when there are 1 or 2 more templates up. Also for the alchemist I was thinking something like thrown bombs, mutation potions maybe, toxic fumes, etc, not fullmetal alchemist type, just as a heads up.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-09-12, 14:05

Ok got it.

Oh and before I move on to the BA I had an idea where the BA's scripture weapon is an instant kill but if you use it you die as well does that seem like it's fair?

Edit: Realized I didnt really specify on it. In order to use the skill you have to be in a battle if your in a battle with multipule targets you must select one the target you selected and the user dies after you activate the scripture weapon.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-09-12, 14:16

sounds good to me, and when I said close, I meant a bit of a toss-up, and whoever wins is out healing for a day or two

Last edited by ZedSlayer on 2010-09-12, 19:47; edited 1 time in total

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next