Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving up 1 rung: Creation of the PHS 5 man premade

+2
Capitalist Pig
InteroVegas
6 posters

Go down

Moving up 1 rung: Creation of the PHS 5 man premade Empty Moving up 1 rung: Creation of the PHS 5 man premade

Post by InteroVegas 2011-08-12, 17:46

So Kai-Wario IS the captain (I volunteered him for this a while back) and we WERE going to do a competition - that we missed, but nonetheless, its about time to get into the zone and here are a couple nice reasons:

a) We enjoy playing with each other (well ok maybe you guys don't like playing me with me, but let's skip that for now)
b) When we play as 5 mans or even just 4 mans, we play much more tightly (I will address people specific problems later)
c) We can aim for free prizes, RP, subscriptions to stuff, money, there are a whole lot of prizes out there in the lol tourney system (no we won't be rushing to tourneys, we might, but I really don't think so).

So to the meat of it: Team Line-up

Possible Players (possible just means physically possible for them to participate) in no particular order:
1. Engio - Amos
2. Aznsinman - Kai-Wario's friend
3. itsame273 - Kai-Wario
4. Redhawkx - Kooay
5. Kevindakilla - Kevin Chu
6. Admiraldrake - Kevin Mei
7. Soulreviver - Matt
8. Jinjosmcs - Rahul
9. Superboo - Kai-Wario friend, less likely
10. EternitySky - Felix , unlikely because he seems disinterested
11. HelloImYerro - Pimp
12. Vroop - Vroopmaster

So while Kai-Wario IS the captain and makes the picks in the end I figure it will go something like this at the moment for best operation:
Main line-up:
Engio - Any role
Aznsinman - Carry
itsame273 - Support, Tank
Redhawkx / EternitySky - I do not believe Felix will participate - Alternate Carry
Kevindakilla - Jungle, Blitzcrank

Subsitutes:
EternitySky/ Redhawkx
Hellouryerro - Needs some training, but top of the bottom half of the tier list in my opinion.

Runner ups for subs:
1. Admiraldrake
2. Jinjosmcs
3. Vroop
4. Soulreviver

I do not believe Superboo would be interested in participating with us, post otherwise if I am wrong and I will put him in there.

TO DO:
1) Make team comps
2) Make team strategies
3) Team practice

Discuss:

Last edited by Darkgenesis on 2011-08-12, 20:49; edited 1 time in total
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Moving up 1 rung: Creation of the PHS 5 man premade Empty Re: Moving up 1 rung: Creation of the PHS 5 man premade

Post by Capitalist Pig 2011-08-12, 19:00

Also physically possible for me, Summoner tag PapitalistCig. Although I still suck ass, I'm improving and since I switched my main from Sivir to Singed I've improved hugely. I only started playing recently and am only summoner level 8 Sad When I get really good with singed i'm plan to move to annie followed by Jax, Janna, and Tryndamere, in that order.
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : -11

http://fakku.net

Back to top Go down

Moving up 1 rung: Creation of the PHS 5 man premade Empty Re: Moving up 1 rung: Creation of the PHS 5 man premade

Post by InteroVegas 2011-08-12, 19:08

Ok, first you have to take this with no objective offense, then you can take w/e emotional offense you want.

No, it is not physically possible for you, I know its mean, but I will not play on the same team as you in a 5 man premade. Unless some kind of miracle happens Kai-Wario and Kevin will not take you over me. It is not physically possible for you to be on the team - not to mention we have a list of runner ups above you on the que.

(maybe in 3 years when you are 15/16/17 and I am more tolerant of others)

Second, no, that is a very horrible idea of how to get good at lol champs.

granted, your list is a strong list of champions, but the idea that you move through them in a pre-planned manner to get better at them is a joke.

3 mains is usually the average. You can probably go 4, but beyond that it is difficult to stay in top performance with your mains and you end up being meh (like me).
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-08-12, 20:10

lolol sandow why did you think you were even eligible for this? but you're not alone, Vroopmaster wasn't considered either.

Anyways, I remember you saying that anyone below level 30 is still a noob, so you can strike out most of the 2nd generation phs recruits except birdman for even subs if we are doing something serious, because I doubt any of them play often enough to reach 30 by the end of the year, assuming this premade is for ranked.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2011-08-12, 20:15

premade for ranked and tourneys, forgot to put in vroopmaster -

as a requirement for ANYONE interested in participating

you MUST have rune pages for any champs you would play in a tourney premade setting. 5v5 ranked is one thing, a tourney is another.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2011-08-12, 20:24

Darkgenesis wrote:premade for ranked and tourneys, forgot to put in vroopmaster -

as a requirement for ANYONE interested in participating

you MUST have rune pages for any champs you would play in a tourney premade setting. 5v5 ranked is one thing, a tourney is another.
Is it wrong to be offended because everyone always forgets me :(
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Master
AwesomeSauce : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2011-08-12, 20:48

yeah . . . sorry about that, I'll fix it

and @Kooay : yes people below level 30 are noobs, I can still remember us pre 30, its a joke compared to now. Even when you hit level 30 for a while you are a noob, still lots of herping and derping, but lots more high level play at 30 to.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2011-08-12, 21:43

Lol I don't have a rune page for each champion, I use one universal page.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-08-12, 22:11

You can't go wrong with HP i guess.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2011-08-12, 23:17

btw about superb00, he's aznsinman's bro, so i think he'd prolly b interested. also we should prolly think about this after first semester senior year.
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2011-08-13, 00:01

the first semester will be spent getting runes, leveling, and people putting forward team comps.

OBTW WE NEED some kind of method to keep organization strong. Roles, decisions, etc. A mess in who is going to be what, or who should ward where and when, we need a system that can erase these problems in a pinch (even if we go with captain has last say).
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2011-08-13, 00:50

also plz stop using the term "captain" and saying that i have the last say. I think "manager" is a more fitting term; I also firmly believe that I am not the big man who gets the last say. an agreement should b made by us all unanimously.
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2011-08-13, 04:02

I've read it and I can believe it, a lot of the American teams have their biggest issues with solving problems.

Say at selection you get counterpicked and you are left with your support champ but you don't want to (you being anyone from the group). Instead of arguing and risking not having the right comp/roles it would be helpful to have a system that allows problems to be resolved very quickly in emergency situations.

And, ok.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-08-13, 13:08

IMO for warding we should leave the warding of a specific area to each lane's discretion, like if top is facing a solo lane they can take care of putting a ward in the mid-top river section and so on. That way nobody has to waste too much time traveling around to put up wards for someone Else's lane. If the enemy team has a jungler the mid can be responsible for warding the other side's blue or whatever.

I don't know about the others, but I am perfectly fine filling in any role or champ that our team lacks regardless of personal preference, unless it is something I actually cannot do, like ranged AD dps.

Also in ranked we should take advantage of the champion switch feature to confuse or accomodate whenever possible and beneficial, it is an underused but powerful tool.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2011-08-13, 13:21

the champion switch feature is useful for reserving picks, but doesn't confuse (because names are under peoples names so anyone could be any of the slots )

you have to be good with the champion themselves, you can for example you jarvan as a tanky dps, an ad carry or a tank, and a jungler or a laner, thats a lot of variability built into being good with that one champion. Its not necessarily about the role so much as who I have seen you guys are good with (after all I don't know who you are good at if I haven't seen it).

Wards, save, lives, the degree of warding may be different, but EVERYONE wards, no discretion, even if ur flipping teemo get a single ward for the sake of baron/blue or dragon/blue.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-08-19, 02:05

oh yeah how do they decide the team captains that ban?
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2011-08-19, 08:22

they don't, your team just decides as a group.

And yes before every match we go see match histories of our opponents and counter ban any particularly evil champions. (match history and Top 3)
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2011-08-19, 10:14

Bump - and

as a first step I think itd be cool for everyone to toss around cool ideas for team comps.

NOTE: Kai-Wario and I were watching intel masters and saw that the team comps for late game that didn't have an at least passable early game got DESTROYED -also chasing a lot is bad.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-08-19, 15:48

No what I was referring to was that in solo queue, someone is randomly chosen to ban 2 champions, does it work the same way for a premade or does it let you chose who bans?

Also, is it a good idea or a bad idea usually for the enemy team to know that we are a premade?

As for team comps I think a good stable alternative to the standard is having no dedicated tank, but at least 2 or more of us playing tanky dps characters or champions on whom tank items are viable. I see that in pro games even typically squishy characters have a good amount of resistances and hp, and this will increase our damage output greatly. Also, since most enemy teams know not to focus the tank, they will be at a bit of a loss on who to focus because all of us will be rather tough nuts to crack.

Of course we could do the troll build where we all play uber cc tanks but that takes forever.

On that note, for team composition in general, it is a good idea to make sure we have the advantage in hard cc abilities. basically we could have a simple rating scale, for example having 1 hard cc ability is 1 point, soft cc is .5, and hard cc in an ultimate is .5, and during champion select we try to exceed the enemy's total.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2011-08-19, 17:52

the team comp idea sounds worth trying (no in premades its still random who is ban captain).

double tanky dps sounds cool, we need to toy around with lanes.

You shouldn't just aim for most cc, you end up with a pure tank team. You want dmg and SYNERGY, now if you want to make synergy pair scalings for every pair of champs in the game, go for it, i think its crazy though.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-08-20, 15:40

I don't think I need to make synergy ratings for every champion pair in the game, just the mains of our team members. And as you said before if someone tries to be good at too many champions to handle they become mediocre.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2011-08-20, 16:31

o yeah this is another tyrannically imposed requirement - all possible members must learn to play every role, you may never actually play support or tank in our matches, but getting the jist of how various champions work and how roles can be performed helps u understand what the enemy can and can't do and what your teammates can and can not do.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2012-01-20, 14:18

O hay guys its pretty much 2nd semester now who is still up for this? I guess I am..
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Capitalist Pig 2012-01-20, 18:02

I've improved a lot. I still main singed, but also play a lot of gangplank (solotop and jungle) and janna. I've spent a LOT of time watching streams, and learning from pros too, and I definitely know where my big weaknesses lie.
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2012-01-20, 23:07

i played with u a few days ago, u haven't improved (especially in the self control/rage resistance category).
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Capitalist Pig 2012-01-21, 00:30

Allow me to correct myself. I've improved in theory. I know exactly what needs to be done to win every game, I just don't do it. There's still a gap between what my brain knows and what my hands know. My biggest specific gameplay problems right now are:
Picking myself up and improving when I am having a bad game (which I guess is part of the self control/rage resistance)
overextending(I've played too many singed games with noobs, and have gotten far too used to the idea that I'm invincible because i'm singed)
panic(In teamfights/lanefights I tend to panic terribadly and end up kinda mashing buttons. I should play udyr/sona Very Happy)
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2012-01-21, 08:41

well, that's good, knowing where ur doing badly is the first step to improving.
FYI tho, by self control/rage control, i wasn't refering to simply your gamplay during a bad game, it also includes ur behavior and attitude towards teammates.
brotip, use magnets and practice remaining calm during teamfights, analyzing the situation, but make sure to not hesitate
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Capitalist Pig 2012-01-21, 14:15

I'm definitely improving on the panic aspect. Unlike the rest of you guys here, many of whom have played games like DotA or MMO's like WoW and games that require coordinated team effort, this is my first real online multiplayer game experience that I've taken seriously. It just comes with practice, to improve reaction time.
Overextending is something I'm working a lot on too, and I do that not only by watching streams and seeing when pros feel it's necessary to get the GAY-MOS out, I also do it by playing people like Janna so that I can constantly remind myself both how squishy I am and how useless I am by myself.
On a final note, I'm also making myself better at more roles, so I can adapt as necessary. ATM, I can play, with about equal skill level, 2 solotops (singed and Gangplank), 1 jungler (gangplank), 1 ranged AD (Sivir, who's apparently OP now) and 1 support (janna)
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2012-01-21, 14:56

Capitalist Pig wrote:Allow me to correct myself. I've improved in theory. I know exactly what needs to be done to win every game, I just don't do it.
Oh yeah I've improved "in theory" too Razz
Capitalist Pig wrote:There's still a gap between what my brain knows and what my hands know.
Fixed Action Patterns come to mind
Capitalist Pig wrote: I also do it by playing people like Janna so that I can constantly remind myself both how squishy I am and how useless I am by myself.
Dat self-deprecation.

As amos says, trying to master a lot of champions just makes you mediocre at everything, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try new champs often, just don't repeatedly pick them unless you intend to main. It is a good idea to learn the current meta-OP heroes because there is a good chance that one of them won't get banned in draft mode and you can snag it for an instant advantage.
To use Oblivion terms, my AP mid and solo top have reached journeyman level, ranged dps is high up on the apprentice level(because I'm semi-decent at last hits now), and I almost never play support.
IMO Kai-Wario's theory is somewhat defensive tight, I believe you should aim to deal as much damage to the enemy as possible all the time, only retreating when throwing your life away(or knowing that they could easily take it afterwards) will not be worth it. Memorize a few key situations that either make a big difference or occur very often and how valuable each unit is in such a situation, so when the need arises you do not need to pause to decide your course of action. Since players like you and I do not get uninterrupted kill-streaks very often trading off works. TBH I don't do this most of the time, I either just die alone because of some stupid ass mistake or chicken out at a critical point.

Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Capitalist Pig 2012-01-21, 18:01

I main Singed, GP and Janna, but I think you want to at least be decent at every role, so you're not totally GAY-MOS when the rest of your team instalocks retardedly. My overextending problem also stems from my lack of map awareness btw. Forgot to mention that. Also, playing junglers and supports teaches you how to be better at important things like warding. I also think that my biggest improvements have been at successfully punishing the enemy when they over extending (this also means things like quickly responding to my jungler's pings when they find trundle stealing red)
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2012-01-21, 22:47

If the rest of your team instalocks retardedly then you're GAY-MOS regardless, you can't fill all the roles that they left out.

I can't counterjungle, and counterjungling always puts me down significantly, that's the only major impediment to my jungling. It's important to be prepared in case the enemy is experienced at intercepting or stealing buffs.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2012-01-22, 09:53

BE PREPARED, USE CONDOMS!!! I used to play LoL just like you too, but then my condom broke!!!
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2012-04-03, 20:29

ALRIGHT LETS GET STARTED WITH THIS ALREADY!!!

8:00PM on Thursday, WHO'S UP FOR IT1!!!
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down