Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rulebreaker 2

2 posters

Go down

Rulebreaker 2 Empty Rulebreaker 2

Post by kaede 2011-07-31, 13:32

So anyone else see grimgrim's announcement? If you haven't here it is:

Lucid wrote:
New Winds of Rule Breaker

The Holy Grail War is nearing its end and I have to say it has been a valuable experience. Lots of things will change on the systems as has been discussed. But a variety of changes are coming to this site and how it operates as well. I haven't told anybody about the following idea, as such everybody will find about it through this post. I want to share some thoughts before jumping to the main topic.

When I was working on the current system, the main point was to make it more game-like and less RP. Simply because forum role-playing needs to take a different approach rather than traditional tabletop RP. I also wanted to include lots of different things for players to do while events dragged on and on. I can say this system made very little progress towards those goals. I had my hands full with managing the rounds and making events for players. Plot elements and events were left a bit neglected, though they have appeared to some players. Also I'm pretty sure everybody are familiar with a certain event that caused so much drama and which was very time consuming. Other players were left hanging for 1-2 months.

The next project was going to be Vampire Hunt. With the new changes it would be a more like traditional RP where people party up against the game-master controlled enemies. But still I feel this would not solve all the problems. Now that we have discovered most of the flaws of this system regarding pure game mechanics - we can take our time to fix the rules and add new sections to them. What remains is how to take people into account with their different time-zones when dealing with events and how much time they take. I realized the answer last week.

Open Story

Rule Breaker would change so that every member could host scenarios, campaigns and every member could join them. I think it's fairly common concept on other forum RP sites. I would also like to try advertise our site on couple Nasuverse themed sites. I'm not sure how active the current fanbase is, but if we could get even five active role-players to join I think that would be pretty good. I'll try to explain how things would work out.

Creating a Character
When you create a character you use that character in every campaign you play in. That is why it should fit with the theme of all nasuverse creations. There will be a wider list of restrictions to come but it shouldn't limit your character creation if you have an original idea in mind. You can't create a character based on the known nasuverse characters. The biggest change to characters is that they keep earning experience through how many games you take place in. I don't have the actual numbers yet, but earning experience will be related to how hard the played game was and the quality of your posts.

Games
The term used for campaigns and scenarios created by members. They can be over in a single topic or they can extend over multiple topics. Each game will have the wanting game-master decide on the details of their campaign. The players can also leave threads where they post the details of the campaign and want somebody to game-master it. It's mostly for those character specific campaigns that somehow define your role-play character.
Difficulty: There will be a set amount of difficulties that restricts how hard the enemies or challenges in the campaigns can be. It doesn't currently affect anything else but I was thinking of setting a required post amount for the hardest campaigns.
Required Activity: How often should the participants posts. Once in 24 hours seems like the best option but it can be changed to suit the game-masters needs.
Members: Minimum and maximum amount of players you need for the game.
Other: You can set other details for the game. What time-zone should the players be from. Will you play part of the game in IRC. Things like that.

When you create your first games you a fairly limited on what kind of scenarios you can create. Once you successfully finish games you gain game-mastering points. Once you reach certain amount you can start including already known nasuverse characters and places on your games.

Other Details
  • Your character can take part in multiple games at the same time.
  • We will be setting a section on the forums where we will add the current status of different characters and places. I think creating some sort of time-line would be good, since the games can take place in variety of times. However there can also be games that don't take the time-line in account at all.
  • You can have multiple characters. I'll edit the profiles Character Data section after this HGW so that you can have details for two characters.
  • Vampire Hunt will be coming once the changes have settled in and I've seen couple of games in action.
  • By default all the games can be viewed by anyone. However I can include hidden sections if you feel they are necessary for the nature of the game.
  • Luck points will be making an appearance on the new rules.

I think I covered most of the important parts. I'm not entirely sure what you people think of this. If you have questions ask. If you have opinions I'll listen to them. However currently I strongly feel that this is the right direction to take.
Admin-sama out!

Basically a couple of things came to mind when I saw this.

1) Buying abilities with the EXP system. (eyes of death perception)

2) A chance to screw with the established canon. (a few more DA in Tsukihime, a few intruders to the 4th HGW etc.)
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Rulebreaker 2 Empty Re: Rulebreaker 2

Post by Pamodacha 2011-10-05, 23:44

Would u be able to change the abilities of one of the characters that u already created or would it be best to just make a new character
Pamodacha
Pamodacha
Griefer
Griefer

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-10-06, 13:50

In this it has been said that once you die you create a new character but because of grimgrim not having any motivation it looks like rulebreaker 2 has been put on indefinite hold.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down