Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Switching to SendSpace as host

+2
The Lord Kelvin
Corenat Rovarnus
6 posters

Go down

Switching to SendSpace as host Empty Switching to SendSpace as host

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-02-24, 21:44

<http://www.sendspace.com/>

At the present, We all use MediaFire to host our files and comprehensive archives of plundered material Twisted Evil . However, recently I've begun to look for a better alternative. That alternative is SendSpace. They put the send in italics to make it look cool. Anyways, its primary purpose is for giant email attachments, but for some reason their hosting services also meet our ends very well.

Features:
  • The maximum file size limit is 300 megabytes as opposed to MediaFire's 200, which I suppose reduces some hassle because we need to make less pieces with winRAR's split archive, so there's less chance of corruption per download.
  • Interface is not as flashy but achieves the same purpose as MediaFire, allowing the sharing of folders. There's also a CSV export option but I don't think we'll ever need that
  • Directly emailing a download link is automated and easy.
  • It has a premium service, sendspace Max, which like MediaFire Pro allows you to download multiple files at once and other cool things that I won't mention here because you can just go there and read about it. The big difference is that apparently you can get a month of free membership with 10,000 downloads or whatever. Yes, I can just hear Amos saying that they're just encouraging you to wh*re(can't say it or Mykal's filter will block it) out your powerofpoo and they will make more money in the end.
  • Lastly, and this is probably the most important perk: It's not banned at school.

Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Switching to SendSpace as host Empty Re: Switching to SendSpace as host

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2011-02-25, 17:13

um... u can dl multiple files using mediafire without upgrading to mediafire pro.... that's y i chose to use mediafire.... already considered sendspace, but decided it wasn't able to meet my demands..... also y would u download any of the files we upload at school with their powerofpoo ass internet
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2011-02-25, 17:59

Send space sounds pretty cool.
KK Chang, could you elaborate on how mediafire is better?
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Master
AwesomeSauce : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2011-02-25, 18:24

the only thing i care about is being able to download several files at once.... u can do that with mediafire............ (without having to upgrade to pro)
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2011-02-25, 19:15

Kelvin? You do realize that at school, downloads can reach 5mbs ?
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2011-02-25, 22:43

itsame273 wrote:the only thing i care about is being able to download several files at once.... u can do that with mediafire............ (without having to upgrade to pro)

I get 4mbs or 5mbs anyways, per download at that (well the rate gets reduced by maybe .5 mb /s for like 10 simultaneous downloads) jk, usually its only 2 or 3 unless its a torrent or a direct tunnel. But all the same I'd rather click download on all 10 to 20 files, go do something and return later. And does 300 vs 200 make that much of a difference in the end? still same amount of data needs to get transfered and thats still a b*tch.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2011-02-26, 07:02

nullset12 wrote:Kelvin? You do realize that at school, downloads can reach 5mbs ?

guess i stand corrected at that, but it doesn't change the fact that u can download several files at once using mediafire instead of having to w8 for a download to finish to click the next one wasting all of your time...... i'd rather as amos said

Darkgenesis wrote: I'd rather click download on all 10 to 20 files, go do something and return later. And does 300 vs 200 make that much of a difference in the end? still same amount of data needs to get transfered and thats still a b*tch.
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by M. Ainsel 2011-02-26, 10:56

Hey guys what's going on Dunno lol
You know, there's no reason not to have both. So if SendSpace lets you download 1 file at a time, why not put files that are less than 300 on SendSpace? Files that are larger can be split up and put onto mediafire. Makes sense because halo CE, unreal tournament, and half life could be rar'd down and be put on a non-banned site. Most of the larger files (except for crucis) we never use at school anyways, so if we wanted to download them we just mass-download at home, go to school, and come back with it all dloaded.
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Undergrad, When They Cry Undergrad
AwesomeSauce : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2011-02-26, 11:06

MarthMarthy wrote:Hey guys what's going on :dunno:
You know, there's no reason not to have both. So if SendSpace lets you download 1 file at a time, why not put files that are less than 300 on SendSpace? Files that are larger can be split up and put onto mediafire. Makes sense because halo CE, unreal tournament, and half life could be rar'd down and be put on a non-banned site. Most of the larger files (except for crucis) we never use at school anyways, so if we wanted to download them we just mass-download at home, go to school, and come back with it all dloaded.
I think that's a good idea. We can just keep our school stuff on there for easy access, in case no one brings a flash drive. That makes sense, right?
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2011-02-27, 14:17

It makes perfect sense i think. Is the dling speed equivalent?
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2011-07-23, 20:15

Has anyone tried out this SendSpace since then? Kooay you still using it?
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-07-23, 20:59

Nope.avi
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus