Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

halo tiers

+7
kaede
Zhu Yang
Corenat Rovarnus
dinasemrys
Kevindakilla
Capitalist Pig
The Lord Kelvin
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

halo tiers - Page 2 Empty Re: halo tiers

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-01-30, 15:35

I don't think we should put you at the top of the top tier until you prove it in a fight to the finish Slayer FFA all weapons and vehicles with all the other people you consider top tier. It will be a learning experience for the rest of us Twisted Evil
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2011-01-30, 15:53

I consider him pro ....

But we'll find out next halofest i guess
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2011-01-30, 16:59

Corenat Rovarnus wrote:I don't think we should put you at the top of the top tier until you prove it in a fight to the finish Slayer FFA all weapons and vehicles with all the other people you consider top tier. It will be a learning experience for the rest of us Twisted Evil

all weapons and vehicles is just a snowball competition..... whoever gets the first good weapon first wins, as they can keep it and keep getting better weapons and vehicles.... also all heavy weapons would b retarted too.... rockets require no skill... neither does using a scorpion
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by birdmanrules 2011-01-30, 17:04

Using a flamethrower requires skill. If you have the lowest graphics, the enemy can see through the flames and pistol you, where as you, having a sucky range weapon, can't shoot more than a meter. Other than that, Fuel Rods and Rocket Launchers are pretty easy to kill with. Unless of course you suck at using them. OH maybe we should have a rl-banshee contest. One of my favorite pasttimes is to go on the Internet Matches and rocket-snipe banshees. Its fun to piss off all the mexicans playing the game.
birdmanrules
birdmanrules
n00b
n00b

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2011-01-30, 17:59

There are so many mexicans playing its not even funny.
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by birdmanrules 2011-01-30, 19:39

itsame273 wrote:
Corenat Rovarnus wrote:I don't think we should put you at the top of the top tier until you prove it in a fight to the finish Slayer FFA all weapons and vehicles with all the other people you consider top tier. It will be a learning experience for the rest of us Twisted Evil

all weapons and vehicles is just a snowball competition..... whoever gets the first good weapon first wins, as they can keep it and keep getting better weapons and vehicles.... also all heavy weapons would b retarted too.... rockets require no skill... neither does using a scorpion

Um Kelvin remember the fact that most of us like staying on foot and owning people who get in vehicles. So it isn't too bad so long as only the good guys stay with normal weapons (No RL or Fuel Rod, Flamer is ok because its range sucks) and stay away from vehicles. The ok guys can get in vehicles and try to kill us. I was attempting to play a match with sandow and i let him get the vehicle before trying to kill him, its fun that way. Wayne however said that its only fair if EVERYONE tries their best. So what should we do?
birdmanrules
birdmanrules
n00b
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-01-30, 20:09

Well when we're considering general tiers, we're evaluating general performance. That means how good you are in all situations(vehicles, weapons). If you limit the game to just pistols or human weapons or whatever, whoever pwns in that kind of game is good at pistol sniping or whatever, but might suck at other stuff, and some people like vehicles. Basically if we let everyone do what they want or are good at we can pit everyone's greatest strengths against each other, which is possible because there aren't any tactics that just hands down suck against others (besides using a flamethrower or AR vs Vehicles).

tl;dr: If you think putting everything in is unfair because of whatever vehicle/weapon pwns j00, that just means you aren't pro enough. True ProZ rape everyone despite overwhelming bias against them.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevindakilla 2011-01-30, 21:45

I say u should allow vehicles in FFA. Warthogs will be practically useless, while most others can be pistol sniped. Ghosts and banshees are a little overpowered in non-team fights due to their single-person usability, but if you're base-camping on top, not much you can do.

Oh, I'm assuming you mean Blood Gulch. Ghosts can get on top of the bases by ramming through one of the entrances at top speed. Great for catching those unsuspecting noobs offguard.
Kevindakilla
Kevindakilla
Templar
Templar

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry nub
AwesomeSauce : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by birdmanrules 2011-01-30, 22:12

Ghosts have bad slowing speed, so you can time plasma nade throws with their side-ways momentum(unless they are moving towards you, then you can nade them straightforward, it may mean you yourself dying, but its better you get them then then later after they kill you several times). Also, Warthogs are pretty useful. Its harder to hit a warthog thats running away, and its annoying to be killing people with a banshee when a warthog starts gunning you down with its turret and kills you (of course its stationary, so you can hit it, but its pretty effective long distance)
I agree with vehicles, its easy to take people out of them unless they are smart enough.
birdmanrules
birdmanrules
n00b
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Capitalist Pig 2011-01-30, 22:20

scorpions can be pretty cheap sometimes.
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : -11

http://fakku.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevindakilla 2011-01-30, 22:50

Blood Gulch Scorpions are unfair if you're not playing rockets. The back of the (red?) base lies a hill with a rock on it. Drive up there with the Scorpion's front facing wall and gun back. You can see the whole map, and they can't snipe you. Tank bullets travel fast too, so you're basically sniping people with the tank.
Kevindakilla
Kevindakilla
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-01-31, 00:17

See, if we enable everything then it's all fair, y'all have your rockets to blow up vehiclefags, pistol proz can do their thing, and if you wanna be really hax and get running riots with flame throwers by all means go ahead.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2011-01-31, 12:04

Based off of that logic, if you put tons of rockets everywhere and expect to have a fair and balanced game .... you see where i am going with this?
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevindakilla 2011-01-31, 20:47

Tested today. Sandow made it all heavy weapons and all vehicles Blood Gulch. I still ended up winning by a large margin.
Kevindakilla
Kevindakilla
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2011-01-31, 20:52

Well sandow is n00b tier
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevindakilla 2011-01-31, 20:55

Well considering it was all fuel rods, I would think it is fair. Oh, and there was speed boost increase for those who died more.
Kevindakilla
Kevindakilla
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-01-31, 22:04

as I recall I was only 2 or 3 kills behind you the whole time(like 32 to 34), always 2nd place for the course of those games. But I suppose that's probably because of all the n00bs to kill.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2011-02-02, 18:08

We are going to start up starcraft again. Wanna make some tiers?

me = noob
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-02-02, 18:30

Let's make a separate topic for that, and put kevin chu in the fail tier because he has no reason why we can't.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2011-02-02, 20:00

finally. Something we can make him fail at
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevindakilla 2011-02-06, 02:10

You guys just jelly that I'm good at everything else :O

Good job, you found something you're better than me at. Took you a pretty long time to say it though.
Kevindakilla
Kevindakilla
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-02-06, 19:26

We're also better at you at RPGs. Because you have no experience nor knowledge of the tabletop field.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down