Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~~GENERATION SIX, ROUND ONE~~

+5
The Lord Kelvin
nullset12
kaede
dinasemrys
Xenoe
9 posters

Go down

Round one

~~GENERATION SIX, ROUND ONE~~ I_vote_lcap70%~~GENERATION SIX, ROUND ONE~~ I_vote_rcap 70% 
[ 7 ]
~~GENERATION SIX, ROUND ONE~~ I_vote_lcap30%~~GENERATION SIX, ROUND ONE~~ I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

~~GENERATION SIX, ROUND ONE~~ Empty ~~GENERATION SIX, ROUND ONE~~

Post by Xenoe 2010-12-06, 16:07

Sorry for the delay, round one will be starting now(actually round two, but Caster just has one small problem left).
Discuss and vote according to the rules please, and no cheating, I will votecheck if people cheat.

Megami:
Spoiler:

rai-dah!!
And Rider:
Spoiler:

Ground: Caster's temple
Obstacles: Caster's temple
Space: Caster's temple
Mana Resources: Good
Light: Blinding
Temperature: Hot

Last edited by Xenoe on 2010-12-08, 11:35; edited 3 times in total
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

~~GENERATION SIX, ROUND ONE~~ Empty Re: ~~GENERATION SIX, ROUND ONE~~

Post by dinasemrys 2010-12-06, 17:14

rider. the master has clairvoyance, the servant has instinct, and one of the dragons also has instinct. This will greatly lower the effectiveness of megami's marble phantasm.

At that point, its just the dragons completely owning megami. even if megami can kill the master, the servants dont need mana.
dinasemrys
dinasemrys
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-12-06, 18:12

Ok first who ever made Rider great job she seems pretty strong.

Also just a qiuck question for the GM is there any penalties to rider or her master because of Megami's masters Subversive Activities skill?

Honestly I dont think my servant has a chance of wining but the votes decides who wins.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2010-12-06, 18:33

omfg dragons ... really?

Rider is FAGGOT KERN-PERETS unstoppabe with FIVE dragons ...
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2010-12-06, 19:14

Individually, they aren't that strong, thats why I accepted it.
Rider gets a 60% penalty for a minute or two when she enters the field due to subversive tactics. It is reduced because of high agility and clairvoyance of the master.
*Btw, its discussion time, according to the rules. Thats why there is no poll.
**Also, my bad, the terrain is megami's territory >.<

Last edited by Xenoe on 2010-12-06, 19:24; edited 1 time in total
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-12-06, 19:24

I had a similer reaction when I saw that and thought "Shouldnt that be limited to one or two dragons out at a time?" I can understand all 5 dragons out at once if the rank was EX Anti-world but its only anti-fortress. But then I said meh and wrote this.

With the power reduction at the start because of Subversive Activities a 60% drop in power combined with Megamis MP and her Summons would be enough to kill Rider and her master before the egg hatches though they could survive and the dragons summoned. While her MP is activated the surroundings would become pitch black making it hard to see for all except for those that dwell there (izanami and the foul women). With skills like Instinct and Clairvoyance it makes it easier to see for those with the skills but with Megamis A ranked Knowledge of Respect and Harmony they still can not see any of her actions and combined with EX ranked high speed divine words they can't hear her cast the spell to know where it is coming from. The master has an advantage in dodging because he knows where the spells are coming from 5 seconds in advance and can dodge with a good degree of sucess but the dragons do not have that advantage they only have three seconds to dodge and thats only if the master can warn them in time unless there is some sort of mental link I dont know about.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2010-12-06, 19:55

command seals kind of acts as a mental link, at the cost of one, the master can will a virtually irrefutable command
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2010-12-06, 19:59

EDIT: In case it wasn't clear, I'm voting for Rider.

OK, so Subsersive Activites:
The GM clarified that Rider gets 60% penalty when entering the battlefield. Note that this is after the 10% boost that Rider gets from Mana Overflow from her master (the master's mana points are high enough for Rider's total stat level).

Regardless of the total amount of mana on her, Rider is allowed to summon her dragons from the start by giving up 3/4 of her mana.
Rider's dragons aren't affected by Subversive activities, and are free to attack, protect Rider, and refill her mana gauge.

While Megami can activate her Marble Phantasm, which makes it harder for Rider and Dragons to see; the Mist Dragon has Instinct, and the master has Clairvoyance, thus eliminating the penalties for these. In addition, the Mist Dragon constantly creates a magical mist that shrouds the battlefield, and since neither Megami nor her shikome have Clairvoyance or any such ability, their sight is hindered much more than that of Rider and her dragons.

Although Megami does have High Speed Divine Words, the Ice Dragon is floating around and has both A rank Protection from Magic and Protection from Arrows. In addition to these abilities, the Ice Dragon can utilize the Mist Dragon's mist to sense any disruptions in the battlefield, thus countering the effect of Knowledge of Respect and Harmony. Since Megami attacks with purely magic, the Ice Dragon can act as a shield with its A rank Protection from Magic, to prevent the other Dragons from being hurt. Also, the Ice Dragon has the ability to create magical patches of ice anywhere in the battlefield to protect its allies. While the ice patches might not be able to completely block attacks from A rank Mana with High Speed Divine Words, it would significantly reduce the damage taken, as the Ice Dragon has A+ rank mana.

As for the shikome, they all have rank D strength. The Tide Dragon has the ability to push and pull objects at any point in the field with a force of rank D strength. While this might not affect opponents with higher ranks of strength such as rank B, none of the shikome would be able to move while under the suppression of the Tide Dragon's ability, and would be rendered immobile for the duration of the fight.

The Storm Dragon can also obscure the vision of Megami with the storm clouds it produces. In addition, it has lightning strikes that act under a rank B Knowledge of Respect and Harmony, and also has rank B Mystic Eyes which can help to completely surpress the shikome, and also halt Megami's movements in conjunction with its thunder and lightning strikes.

Lastly, the Tsunami Dragon can act as both a split second meatshield, rushing to protect its allies by using rank A Prana Burst on itself, to travel at speeds of Mach 6. In addition, it can direct its Prana Burst tsunami waves combined with Monstrous Strength allow it to completely wipe out Megami's army of shikome, leaving her as the only opposing figure on the battlefiled.
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Master
AwesomeSauce : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Capitalist Pig 2010-12-06, 20:28

what he said.
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : -11

http://fakku.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2010-12-06, 20:34

I know about the command seals by mental link I ment a direct link where the master can talk to the servant or dragons in there minds like a two way radio.

Also the penalties would not be eliminated the dragon who has instince would reduce it by half while the master would be free from the penalties but even then they cant percive Megami's actions because of A rank Knowledge of Respect and Harmony even with the mist. I think the GM needs to say weather the mist helps in tracking the actions of Megami even with her KoR&H at A rank.

And with the Ice dragons protection from arrows an argument used by the GM in the last Servant battles when this situation happened should cover that:
Xenoe wrote:Protection of Arrows cancels out with Knowledge of respect and harmony, because even if you know its coming, you can't perceive it.

I'll address the rest later gotta help a friend with a project irl.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2010-12-06, 21:19

Voting can start now.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2010-12-06, 21:24

As for the mental link between master and servant:
A mental link between the master and servant is not needed, since they are pretty much sitting next to each other on the mount. She will be able to feel his reactions on her own skin to determine his split second thoughts, and he can just yell quick orders for clarification. Also, as KK-Chang mentioned, there are command seals which act as a mental link between master and servant. Note how Saber could notice that something was wrong with Shirou.

As for the mental link between servant and dragons:
Rider has EX riding, which creates an extreme affinity between a rider and her mounts. She is able to freely switch between mounts in the air or in other treacherous conditions. To be able to accomplish this feat, she must have some sort of way to instantaneously communicate with her dragon children. Even if it is not exactly telepathy, it is close enough. In addition, she has the experience of living with and raising the dragons since they were born, so she knows each of them intimately and is able to understand them through non-verbal communication.

As for the mental link between master and dragons:
Rider is actively searching for directions from her master, whether it be from his reactions, which she feels from the body contact, or direct commands. She can thus relay instructions to her dragons in order to accomplish her master's commands. In addition, the Mist Dragon has rank A Instinct, which will allow it to instinctively sense what the master needs, almost bordering on pre-cognition. Keep in mind the master has a relatively large buffer zone, as his Clairvoyance allows for a forewarning of 5 seconds in relation to attacks affecting his self, and a forewarning of 3 seconds in relation to attacks affecting his allies. While 3 seconds might not seem like alot, keep in mind the difference that a millisecond makes in high velocity sports like track and swimming, and how much distance an Olympic athlete can cover in that time. Also keep in mind that this is a servant that can accomplish things far beyond the scope of humans, and dragons that can do far more.

EDIT: Chinese dragons are intelligent. Unlike many European dragons, they can and often will cooperate with humans, and may often be in collaboration with a village or an even wider region populated by humans that they are attached to. They can detect inflections in voice, speak human languages, and are accustomed to human culture, communicating and interacting with humans daily. This eliminates any sort of communication barrier one might expect from interactions between two different species. This being known, the dragons will also have a higher degree of communication as their proximity to the master increases. There they will be more able to detect his body movements and voice, and somehow interpret the master's state, the same way one of us could clearly distinguish a couple in love from a couple in silent disagreement, even from a long distance away.

Even if the mist had no effect against special attacks under Knowledge of Respect and Harmony, said ability would cancel out with the Protection against Arrows, as the GM had confirmed, therefore making Megami's attacks just regular attacks. Arguably, since Megami's attacks do move through the air, like Caster's I'd assume, the mist should be able to help detect it because it is affected by the attack's motion all throughout its trajectory.

Also keep in mind Megami's movements and attacks will be halted by the Storm Dragon's Mystic Eyes in conjunction with the thunder and lightning strikes, and her agility is lowered by one rank just from the Mystic Eyes' passive ability, she should not be very mobile throughout the battle.

I still fail to see how Megami would even be able to aim her attacks at Rider or the dragons if she does not have an aid like Clairvoyance to help her see through the mist, or a spotter to guide her actions? Also, keep in mind the Mist Dragon has A+ rank Presence Concealment, so it's virtually impossible for Megami to find when combined with the mist.
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-12-06, 23:07

Capitalist Pig wrote:what he said.
don't be a samefag.

voting for megami because I don't think rider paid enough for those dragons, and the fact that she'll probably win anyway. But pei-nan's in the next tier, so no worries  Very Happy .
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2010-12-07, 06:03

Omfg peinan will crush anyone

But either way i'm voting for rider this round
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-12-07, 15:31

Can we please get this over with I wanna see caster vs saber...
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2010-12-07, 16:57

Overtime, starting now.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2010-12-07, 17:23

What is the true argument for supporting megami? He/She has no chance at all despite any knowledge of respect and harmony
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by dinasemrys 2010-12-07, 19:02

i swear im gonna lose just cuz ppl want to vote against me next round...
either that, or sandow will just add something stupid that lets him trump over mine cuz he had extra time to fix his
dinasemrys
dinasemrys
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2010-12-07, 19:17

THERE IS NO WAY MEGAMI CAN WIN WTF
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2010-12-07, 20:00

Yes, I challenge those who voted for Megami to explain their choice. Reading through the arguments, I find that Rider's victory is almost guaranteed.
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2010-12-07, 23:29

5 unkillable dragons vs. Hell, this is actually interesting, but I'll take the Dragons

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse BS
AwesomeSauce : -6

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-12-08, 14:03

peinan like da dragon Very Happy

uhh it looks like rider won, why are we doing overtime?
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 2010-12-08, 17:29

When felix said OT - it was 4:4
nullset12