Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

4 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 2 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by Dekaru 2016-11-23, 10:23

As Gwain turns back from the shot he notices his brothers have arrived nearby. It is up to him whether he talks to them or continues his new edgy streak
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 2 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-11-23, 10:37

The edginess shall continue. If either come to speak with Gwain directly, he will respond, but he won't seek them out.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-11-23, 22:27

Robillard will not approach Gwain. He will simply stand in the crowd, taking advantage of his height to get a good view.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-11-23, 22:57

The two older brothers find a place to watch the events as they come up. After a while more and more people begin flooding into the event with dozens presenting their registrations and many others coming to watch. With the size of the crowds Leewan and Robillard can't help but wonder how large the crowds will be for the main events (especially the joust). Gwain finds his own position to mope/edge out in with a good location to watch the preliminaries before his. From the talk among the crowd, there are to be four preliminaries throughout the day which will range in size from twenty to thirty people. They are each to keep going until each is left with only five contestants remaining with individuals having the lowest score being removed each round.

Eventually, the first preliminaries begin with twenty-five members. Gwain notices both of the people who were practising well before the event in this group but sees that the young Frey isn't among the group. The first trio of arrows flies from each contestant at the command of the event leader from a distance of forty yards. Five of the contestants who did the worst are dropped and this is repeated for the fifty-yard mark, then the sixty, then the eighty, and finally after the hundred yard shots are made five contestants are left remaining. This process repeats itself for the following second preliminary group and goes much the same way with five remaining by the end. Again, the young Frey is not a part of this group.

Finally, after a short break, the third preliminary grouping is called up at high noon. Gwain realises he is a part of a group of around thirty in size and is given the eighteenth target. The contest manager takes his position as Gwain had seen him do before and speaks as he walks down the line of contestants,

"Listen up all. You will get three shots at each distance and after each, you are to plant your bow at your feet and await scoring. Those who score the lowest will be cut while those continuing will move back to the called out distances and fire their next three shots. This will continue until five remains at which point, congratulations, you've made it into the actual event tomorrow."

By this point, the man has reached his position at the north end of the line (by the target designated one). He raises his hand and shouts across the line "Archers ready!!!"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-11-24, 00:30

Gwain does his best to prove himself and win honor for his house.

[21, 20, 21 on archery]
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-11-24, 14:14

Gwain fires off his first three arrows along with the others alongside him. Each of Gwains three arrows find the bullseye and he can't help but feel no small amount of pride at his accomplishment. The judges go to each target one by one and eventually a pair come to Gwains and he overhears them make a quick comment,

"No need to bother scoring this one."

They jot down something with a quick pen stroke and continue on. Once all of the targets are scored and Gwain has retrieved his arrows the announcer names a number of contestants who are to leave and the rest are to take another step back. The Announcer raises his hand again and shouts "Archers ready! Fire!!!" and drops his hand.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-11-24, 17:06

Gwain smirks just slightly and then shoots again.

[28, 28, 26]
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-11-25, 01:01

Gwin fires off his three shots again and hits a triple bullseye from fifty yards once again. He can't help but notice the people next to him take a moment to gawk at his shots. The judges once again come by and just keep walking past yours leaving you to once again grab your arrows from the target and the announcer orders all remaining to step back to the sixty-yard mark and says "Archers at the ready! Fire!!!"

Robillard and Leewan overhear some people nearby commenting on how good the shots Gwain just made. Others simply say they've seen better and that Gwain is just lucky.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-11-25, 02:10

As Gwain lands bullseye after bullseye, he wonders whether anyone present will pose a challenge to his mastery. He muses at what deeds a man must do to earn the title "greatest hero of Acren."

[22, 24, 31]
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-11-25, 21:36

As Gwain thinks to himself he fires off his next three arrows. Perhaps due to his concentration slipping or the distance proving to be more challenging he realises after firing that he only had two of his arrows hit the bullseye. Still, he looks around and realizes that those around him haven't done as well and continues his daydreaming. Gwain only wakes from his thoughts when he hears the announcer order all to step back to the 80 yard mark and shouts

"Archers ready! Fire!!!"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-11-25, 22:07

At the sight of his imperfect shot, Gwain offers a grunt of displeasure. He refocuses for the next round.

[25, 27, 27]
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-11-25, 22:17

Gwain focuses his attention and fires from the eighty-yard mark. Much to his displeasure, he realises that once again he has only hit two of the targets as a bullseye. Though this is still better than anyone else in his grouping Gwain still can't help but feel the inadequacy.

Once again the announcer declares the ten of you remaining now to step back to the hundred yard mark and once again he shouts "Archers ready! Fire!!!"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-11-25, 23:21

Gwain turns to the archer on his left. "Good luck" he says, before firing his three final shots.

[26, 26, 24]
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-11-26, 00:22

Gwain loses his final three shots and though he doesn't hit the bullseye with any of them he nonetheless gets a consistent grouping into the "three points" zone of the target. With that done the judges take their final rounds of the shots and the five to move on to the main event are announced (with Gwain being one of them). Gwain shortly leaves the shooting range and all are free to do as they will. The actual event takes place tomorrow at ten am. Those in the final event will be mixed into groups of five and the two winners there will move to the finals which are to take place at three pm.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-11-26, 00:46

Gwain collects his things and then begins to leave the shooting range. He walks to where his brothers are seated with just a hint of pride in his step. "Am I to see you in the joust brother?"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-11-26, 01:15

Robillard smiles to see Gwain's small swagger. "No, I have heeded our brother's wisdom. I shall stifle my pride for the sake of the family. Besides, I would have earned my fame and glory in the melee."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-11-26, 01:29

"I see, so now you value your family." With that, Gwain continues past his brothers and makes for the market to eat alone.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-11-26, 01:34

"It is fortunate that your wound has not impaired your archery Gwain. The house is the better for your recovery."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-11-26, 12:41

Robillard's good mood is shattered. He storms off to the nearest bar.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-11-26, 16:53

Gwain sees Robillard storming off back towards the city as Leewan congratulates him (you're not entirely sure when the last time he gave you an actual compliment was). It is up to him whether he will say anything more to either of his brothers
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-11-27, 15:01

[So what will people be doing now that the event is over? Robillard is going to a bar by himself I know that but Leewan and Gwain are just standing awkwardly with each other right now]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-11-28, 00:23

Leewan has no more words for his kin. He leaves to prepare and meet the king.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-11-28, 18:33

Robillard goes off to a bar for the rest of the day where he drowns himself in his sorrow. Gwain goes off to get some food and feel hollow inside since his favourite past time is no longer a viable means of celebration. Leewan rounding out the separation of the brothers AGAIN waits until the time of the meeting with the King at Detlefs estate and soon dusk comes around and he makes for the castle with a pair of guards. As Leewan leaves and walks through the streets he notices Lord Holzer walking on the other side who nods in recognition of Leewan. It is up to Leewan to respond at all should he choose
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-11-28, 22:38

Leewan approaches Holzer.

"I ask you take a moment from your day to speak with me lord Holzer."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-11-28, 22:56

Holzer stops for a moment in bewilderment but smiles and says "Leewan Von Griswald wishes to talk to me? I don't know if I should be honoured or insulted." He gestures for you to walk with him and continues speaking "In truth, I was hoping to speak to you as well. My son seems to have taken a liking to your brother. He's always been a friendly sort but it's not like him to speak to someone as... awkward as Robillard. I mean no offence of course, simply just stating what everyone sees."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-11-28, 23:58

"Robillard is his own man. He fulfills his duty to the house of Griswald and pursues whatever other aspirations he holds dear to him when time is made available to him. I have come to talk of this Bradford character, lord Holzer."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-11-29, 00:02

Holzer gives you a confused look and says "What about him? I only hired him as a seneschal recently and he's already made my house a fortune. Not looking for secrets to wealth I hope considering the haul I heard you pulled from the barbarians recently."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-11-29, 00:51

"He schemes against Gwain, the youngest of Griswald. Since Griswald does not compensate foolishness I will be forced to disown my brother before your Seneschal tries to collect from my family's coffers. However, it is proper that I make an effort to spare Gwain from the life of an outcast. Have your men deliver Bradford bound and gagged to Heretic's End and I will compensate you 1000 golden pieces."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-11-29, 09:20

Holzer gives a hearty laugh but eventually collects himself and says "My you are a Griswald. Straight to the point as ever. I'm afraid I must deny such a large amount of money, as much as it may pain me to do so. Bradford certainly doesn't make me that amount of money every month but come the end of the year he'll have made me much more than that. What has he done to make you propose such a large lump sum?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-11-29, 12:04

"As said. He made aims at the Griswald coffers through the foolish actions of my kin. I deal with problems cleanly and abruptly. Regardless, my proposal has been declined. If you have no business with me I will be on my way."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-11-29, 13:37

Holzer simply responds by saying "Then I will see you at the Kings council fox."

Leewan takes his leave and continues down the street toward the castle. He pretends to stop at a shop to look at some things so that he doesn't have to be walking at the same pace as Lord Holzer and once he is out of sight continues on. Eventually, the great castle gates come into view and the guards quickly come to attention on your arrival while one opens the way for you to enter. On arrival you notice a couple of other Lords dawdling outside but you head right up to the main gate and recognize a familiar face.

Kings Hand Von Kretch smiles as Leewan approaches and says "Lord Griswald, how nice to see you again. I trust that you made it here without any problems?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gwain arrives back at Detlefs estate and summons one of the maids to fetch him some food. As he waits he notices Treachery approaching alongside a distressed Detlef. As he walks towards you Treachery speaks while pointing at Detlef, "This one says we shouldn't see you. Not even an acknowledgement to us all at the competition when you haven't so much as spoken to us for several days? That's not the Gwain I know."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robillard starts off his drinking with a bottle of hard liquor. The bartender stares at you amazed as Robillard guzzles the entire bottle down in one quick go and then demand a mug of beer. The sea that is Robillards mind rages like a storm and he can't collect a cohesive thought no matter how hard he tries. Turning to the only hope he has to calm his mind (or make it worse) Robillard chugs the mug of beer before slamming it onto the counter and demanding another. A man in a hooded black cloak to Robillards right clears his throat and says

"Don't you think you should slow down there? It's barely noon and your drinking like the moon is high in the sky."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2016-11-29, 21:29

"Treachery, I..." Gwain stops cold upon seeing his dear friend. "Something bad happened. Really bad. I'm not the Gwain you used to know anymore. Summon the others. I'd rather not tell this story more than once."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-11-29, 22:52

"There was no event of import Von Kretch. Will representatives be speaking in place of those lords currently absent?"

Last edited by Darkgenesis on 2016-11-29, 23:33; edited 1 time in total
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-11-29, 23:02

"And who are you, puny little man, to challenge my drinking? Barkeep, another."

Robillard's usual politeness is thrown away at the moment. He is too angry from the events of the past few days (not to mention months!) to hold back, especially when someone is trying to stop him from drinking.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-11-29, 23:55

Treachery relaxes a bit and says "You haven't been the same person since your brother returned. I'll go grab the others and meet you outside."

After treachery walks through the main door Detlef stops Gwain before he can move and says "Do you really think its a good idea to go telling them about your... condition? Can they be trusted with a secret more than they can with a pouch of gold? Imagine the shame it will bring to your brother if others should learn what happened to you!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Von Kretch gestures for you to follow him and says "There will be yes. Though I doubt the King will have much to say to them. I am to guide the heads of house to the war room."

Leewan follows close behind while his guards are left at the gates. Passing through long hallways and ascending a tall spiral staircase Leewan and Von Kretch eventually come to a large oak door with a pair of Kings Guard standing to either side. Von Kretch pushes open the door and Leewan lays eyes upon the most detailed map of Acren outside of Heretics End. Similar to the three-dimensional map at his own castle, the mountain ranges of Acren are depicted in full detail with every city and town marked. With undoubted miracles at work, the maps rivers flow with water exactly as they do outside and small little banners of each house wave as though in a breeze denoting which houses control territories.

Surrounding the table Leewan sees that Lord Holzer, Lord Friesler, Lord Frey, and Lord Bronstein are already present and have taken seats. A number of individuals who Leewan recognises but whose names he cannot remember to occupy seats at the edges of the large room and presumably represent houses whose heads could not attend.

On entering, Von Kretch gives a grand gesture and says "Lord Leewan Von Griswald sirs."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The man continues looking forward and sips from his own mug as Robillard chugs his own. Finally, he responds when Robillard finishes "Only looking out for another fellow. You have the look like you've seen an abomination and it looked right back at you."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-11-29, 23:57

Muttering into his drink, Robillard replies, although it's unclear if he's talking to the stranger or to himself.

"I am the abomination..."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-11-30, 00:02

The man raises his mug and says "Abomination my ass. You need a priest, not a mug of beer."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-11-30, 00:05

Robillard slaps the man's mug out of his hand (or tries to at least).

"Who the hell are you, telling me I need a priest?! Fuck you!"

As he talks, Robillard continues to take swigs out of his bottle of everclear.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-11-30, 05:54

Leewan says nothing and shows no expression. He finds an appropriate seat. "What causes the king's absence?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-11-30, 17:21

The alcohol hasn't hit Robillard hard quite yet because it hasn't had the time to enter his bloodstream (though it sure as hell will hit hard when it does) so he easily knocks the mug out of the man's hand who doesn't resist. This causes an audible thud on the ground as the mug skitters across the floor drawing everyone attention in the bar. The man simply turns to look at you revealing a heavily tattooed face of an obvious foreigner who says "You sure about that? Cause you sure look it right about now."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friesler is the one to respond to Leewan's question who says "He was here not long ago. He stepped out when that woman called for his attention. Things haven't officially started yet so if you want a drink I'd ask a servant now."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-11-30, 17:34

Robillard spits on the ground. "Frajani dog. I don't need any priest, much less your misguided ones. Can't you tell when you're not wanted, or are Frajani too stupid to see that?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-11-30, 18:36

"I like all of you, have left the war preparations to servants and kin to sculpt our war plans."

Leewan eyes the eastern border of Acren and studies the intricately carved stand ins for the lich forces.

"Does the war map in its present configuration represent the truth? What are the known particulars of the enemy forces?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-11-30, 23:58

The Frajani smiles and says "Smart enough to see a man more uncomfortable in this country than I am."

Robillard notices a barmaid move over and picks up the mug Robillard knocked to the ground and begin cleaning up the mess he made. Those about the inn are giving Robillard uneasy looks and he can't help but feel like an animal on display.

Leewan looks over to the eastern side of the map and notices it extends a fair ways out into the Blasted Lands. Clearly depicted past the border mountains is the Witches Cauldren crater which Leewan knows from reports is a massive dent in the earth a full mile in diameter. This landmark is the extent to which the map goes out into the Blasted Lands and Leewan knows that the crusades recently made it as far as three times further (for reference it would take five days by horse to reach the crater). Leewan notices four different forces denoting the Liches forces within the crater denoting their positions. One takes the shape of a writhing snake (the model itself moves), another a black horse, a third a large black cat (panther but you don't know what that is), and finally a fourth in the form of a crow.

Lord Frey answers your inquiry by saying "It represents our most current knowledge. Messages come in every day on scouting reports though the information is likely five days old at best. At least with such urgent times the messengers. Good thing old King Lethard put in place the emergency messenger system or this information would be two weeks old at best."

King Lethard was the king before the currents father. The last of his line he was unable to sire a son but he picked a successor by marrying off his daughter. Leewan can't help but wonder what the old king his father had served in his youth would think of the current times.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-12-01, 04:40

Leewan rouses himself from his mental compulsion to ponder the views of the king of yore.

"Is the King marching on the frontier? Who has he named as his war leader?"

[Out of Character: Leewan has many questions about the particulars of the upcoming battlefield. Would it be easier to Q&A through text and summarize in thread with a narrative post?]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2016-12-01, 07:22

Robillard is embarrassed, but his pride stops him from apologizing. He turns around and walks off back to a different bar.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-12-01, 11:06

Frey responds by saying "It's still unclear whether the King intends to fight the invaders in the Blasted Lands or try and deal with the invading forces when they come to the mountains. I believe that is the question this meeting aims to solve. He hasn't named a war leader yet though my money is Weingand though."

Holzer responds to Frey with a chuckle and says "Weingand has been the royal families general for fifteen years. I'd be surprised if he didn't name a new leader. Bronstein would be an apt choice in my opinion."

Friesler offers his own two cents by saying "Bronstein would have half the army die to starvation with his inability to organise. Ettlinger would be a much better choice."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robillard goes to a different bar and spends the rest of the day drinking his sorrows away and goes unconscious eventually from the amount of alcohol he ingests
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-12-05, 11:49

Leewan has nothing to add to the political preferences of the other lords.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-12-06, 16:47

Leewan takes his seat and five minutes later two more lords enter in: Lord Noske and Etlinger. They give simple hellos and almost as the two are taking their own seats at the table the King walks in hurriedly with the mysterious blindfolded women walking behind him but at a slower pace. Instead of the military uniform then King wore at the ceremony and dance (though Leewan wouldn't know about the latter) he wears a simple tunic that still denotes his royalty. The women, on the contrary, wears a dress virtually identical to the one she wore at the ceremony. As the King rushes inside the room Leewan can hear him muttering to himself but what he says is not clear though the King realizes where he is and stops in his tracks before regaining his composure.

Clearing his throat the King looks to the newcomers and says "It would appear others have arrived early. I trust that you all have been enjoying the festivities thus far?"

Etlinger replies with a simple nod but Noske replies verbally by saying "The tournament will surely be remembered for generations. It's always good to see the best of Acren compete against each other for glory."

Last edited by Dekaru on 2016-12-06, 18:00; edited 1 time in total
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2016-12-06, 17:41

"And rally martial spirit for what is to come."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2016-12-06, 18:17

Pointing to Leewan the King proclaims "Exactly! The hearts and minds of the people are worth as much as three armies."

As the King walks around to his seat at the table Friesler speaks up and says "Sir, perhaps you'd care to introduce us to the lady. I think I speak for all of us present in saying I've never had her acquaintance."

The new King doesn't pause in his step and waits until he is seated to answer Frieslers inquiry "I'd be more surprised if anyone did know who she was. This is Lady Salvini, a Daughter from Adroysia. She arrived a few days before the ceremony yesterday claiming to be a prophet of the Goddess."

Friesler seems dumbfounded by this claim and several others present also are unable to find any words. Holzer speaks with a serious tone "I presume these prophecies are of good tidings? I'd be surprised if you would tolerate the company of a doomsayer."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next