Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHOCOLATE DESTINY, ARC 2

+4
Jarrion Xanatov
testuser
Xenoe
kaede
8 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

CHOCOLATE DESTINY, ARC 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: CHOCOLATE DESTINY, ARC 2

Post by Xenoe 2015-03-21, 15:13

"Do you have a map, Miss Estelle? Perhaps we can find an alternative route that would not bother these little green fellows."
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

CHOCOLATE DESTINY, ARC 2 - Page 2 Empty i'm a map i'm a map

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-21, 17:11

Objects are not to scale, please pretend this is professional quality:
CHOCOLATE DESTINY, ARC 2 - Page 2 LVW3nKf
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-03-21, 17:26

Gray once again uses his path finding skills along with the magnificently hand crafted map to produce a path less traveled through the forest, but still usable for horse wagons.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-21, 18:43

Gray determines that there is enough space between the nearby trees to cut through to the intersecting road and then rejoin the main road once out of the woods. Alternatively, with a full backtrack the caravan can take a detour to the nearby town of Torean and get on another northbound road there.
CHOCOLATE DESTINY, ARC 2 - Page 2 4kB2Qcz
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-21, 19:10

"Ms. Hylosiklon, Gray divined a path through the trees over there that will let us circumvent this mob. Let us be away."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-21, 19:21

"Question is what path do we take?" She continues whispering to Amos and Ali. "If you are being hunted as you say you are, the city might not be safe...of course if it was a recently placed bounty word might not have spread to other towns yet. "
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2015-03-21, 19:24

Ali consults the paths traced by Gray, and deems that the path to Torean is good. "How bout we take dat one. If we still too close to dem goblins, dey might think we tryna ambush 'em from da woods."
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Master
AwesomeSauce : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-21, 19:37

"But that will add on days more of traveling!" Estelle objects. "Are you sure we can't cut through the forest?"
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-21, 19:45

"What's more important, a few more days of travel where you will be in relative comfort and continue having your own boy toy to play with, or trying to breakthrough a bunch of people who outnumber us by a vast amount and where if you fail to flee them, you can be killed?" (persuasion skill activated)
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-03-21, 21:47

"Not to undermine your credibility here Ms. Noire, but I assure you that the paths through the forest will also circumvent the goblin mob. Although, they might be a bit rough depending on what we encounter through the woods."
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-21, 21:58

"Might be more goblins, or something worse."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-21, 22:03

"Cutting through the forest isn't a bad idea, only thing i would worry about is the terrain and if the wheels could survive over rough terrain for a period of time while carrying it's cargo and passengers."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-21, 22:49

"For whatever it counts, if we head through the village we can warn them of the monster plague in Enarou."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-21, 22:54

At mention of Enarou her head drops a little. "Whatever the caravan master wants to do is fine with me." She walks back over to her crossbow and begins packing its ammo away.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-21, 23:11

"Look pretty miss, a ravaged town isn't anything to sulk about. In this era small nations disappear within months. But we can make the best of Enarou's tragedy."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-21, 23:26

"Oh I could care less about Enarou, just...brings up some bad memories is all." She replies continuing packing her stuff away. When she finishes she turns and looks at Amos as she shoulders her pack. "And I know all too well about nations disappearing, weather due to nature, or because a king was snubbed." Saying her piece, she walks over to her llama and waits for a decision to be made.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-21, 23:34

"Oh all right then. We're taking the detour to Torean!" Estelle calls. With careful maneuvering, the wagons are turned around and start moving back the way they came, leaving the crowd of goblins behind. Some of them make obscene gestures to anyone who looks back.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2015-03-22, 11:45

Ali smiles and waves back at the goblins, proud of his ability to resolve conflicts peacefully. Today is a big step forward for Ali-Goblin relations.

As the caravan rolls on its way to Torean, and the goblins shrink into the distance, Ali celebrates by shouting all the goblinoid he knows, as a gesture of solidarity.

"OKAYYY!"
"TURN DOWN FO' WHAT?!!"
"FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!"
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-22, 12:18

She gets on her llama and moves ahead before his celebration begins, eager to get out of the forest.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-22, 19:08

After a few hours of travel Amos hops off the wagon and jogs alongside Noire's llama.

"Ms. Greenheart. Any chance you could tell us more about yourself? We left in such a rush that we didn't get to know our employer as well as we ought to."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-22, 19:32

She thinks about what to say for a moment, her eyes unconsciously darting in the main wagons general direction. "Not really much to say about me, grew up near the border of the desert, left home at a young age and became a gambler after I developed my abilities." You can tell she is leaving out large parts of her story, possibly lying entirely.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-22, 20:51

"What abilities?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-22, 20:55

"Luck. Something most people would scoff at upon hearing it, but useful in more ways then you can imagine."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-22, 21:58

"And I might be one of them. But say you can use "luck" as a power, how do you hone such a skill?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-22, 22:26

"I guess if you wanna be specific it would be called probability manipulation, all I really do is change the probability that something will happen, even things that can seem impossible , like stacking a deck of cards in my favor while it's being shuffled , or making a pipe under a road burst to cause a distraction."

She chuckles. "I wouldn't blame you if you laughed at it though, compared to other people's powers like shapeshifters and magic users, it's kinda underwhelming. But still not bad for being an offshoot of a better power."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-22, 23:25

"Uhhh no, if it's anything like you make it out to be then it sounds powerful indeed."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-23, 00:37

She shakes her head. "It's good but it's limited in what it can do, there needs to be a probability that the event can happen. If I had it's true power, then even events that are impossible can be made to happen." She starts talking in a hushed voice so only Amos can hear her. "Even heard a rumor that the King of the Desert destroyed a whole city in a distant country to claim that power." She discreetly points at Ali.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-23, 09:00

Amos whispers back. "No kidding, Ali has his friends backs but I don't think there is a limit what he would do to accomplish his goals. He evens stuns the poor to take their charity soup."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-23, 11:15

She shrugs. "Like father like son i guess, I heard the real reason he attacked is because he was snubbed at seeing the cities young rulers. Let's hope his son isn't as bad." Saying that she turns back to the road.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-23, 12:19

Amos nods and jogs back to the wagon. He hops on and starts scribbling on his parchment.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

CHOCOLATE DESTINY, ARC 2 - Page 2 Empty ermahgerd

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-23, 12:48

gersebermps
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

CHOCOLATE DESTINY, ARC 2 - Page 2 Empty ermahgerd

Post by testuser 2015-03-23, 12:48

The member 'Corenat Rovarnus' has done the following action : Dice Roll\'d

'Coin' : 2, 1, 2

testuser
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2015-03-23, 13:42

[2x Eavesdropping check successful, courtesy of GM]

While the wagon is rolling, Daliu speaks with Estelle's doctor. He was amazed at the skill and ease with which the doctor treated Amos' wound, and begs him for a quick lesson.

"You see, kind sir, I am sworn to protect my father, who is bound in service to The Prince. My father is brave and strong, but is often put in harm's way. I must be able to treat his wounds, lest he suffer, or leave his only child alone in this cruel world."

[Daliu's First Aid skill increases] Daliu also asks if he can have a light version of a first aid kit, for him to carry around. [Daliu obtains medkit]

While Daliu is getting his lesson, the Cook and the Chanting Man catch pieces of Noire's conversation with Amos, and notice her pointing towards the main wagon, where Ali sits. They exchange a knowing glance, and the Chanting Man casually spurs his llama towards the front wagon to inform his liege.

In the front wagon, Ali basks in the success if his recent GROUND-BREAKING GOBLIN PEACE AGREEMENT. With one hand down the shirt of both Estelle and the sarong-clad woman, he regales them with tales of his former violent escapades, and his future plans for a more peaceful approach.

Ali smiles, and thinks to himself, 'Man, I got mad diplomatic skillz fo sho. Gone are da days when I had to smack a bitch to get da point across. Now, I can jus' talk to 'em, nawmsayin? I can fix any problem peacefull-

"My liege," says the Chanting Man, who is riding alongside the wagon, "a word, if I may." The Chanting Man proceeds to whisper in Ali's ear that he overheard Noire saying that "the King of the Desert destroyed a whole city," and that she said "Let's hope his son isn't as bukwaas." [Swaggafid term for full of shit]

Ali's eyes widen, and his smile turns into a grimace. Ali knows that rumors can strengthen or weaken your standing at court. He doesn't mind the first one; what sort of King doesn't destroy a few cities now and then? But to imply that Ali and his father are bukwaas....to even dare suggest that they are anything short of the HIGHEST STANDARDS OF MORAL AND SWAGGER-BASED EXCELLENCE is PUNISHABLE BY DEATH.

"STOOOOOOPPPPPP", yells Ali, bringing the caravan to a grinding halt. All Coterie llamas are trained well enough to also stop. Ali hops out and snaps at the llama holding Noire, which immediately throws her off its back and onto the ground.

2 Coterie apprehend Noire while The Cook and Daliu make sure no one else can interfere. Ali draws Zulfiqar and points it at her chest.
"So. I heard you was talkin' shit about me and mah pops."

Last edited by Vroop on 2015-03-23, 16:11; edited 3 times in total
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-23, 13:49

"I understand, but milady will be angry if I give away too much," the doctor replies to Daliu. He prepares a small kit containing bandages, gauze and a small sample of ointment.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2015-03-23, 13:52

Daliu thanks the doctor, and then the aforementioned chain of events happens.
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-23, 14:10

She pays no mind to the the blade pounted at her, talking as if it was just a casual conversation with a friend. "I was just discussing some rumors I heard about him, such as him destroying an entire city to kidnap a couple of children because of their power, though the power to change fate is something many would desire. And about you, all I meant when i said 'lets hope isn't as bad' is that  I hope you wouldn't use methods such as that to gain power. You did good talking to those goblins, I thought yould just kill them to move pass, but you proved me wrong."

She tries to shrug though obviously can't. "I have no real problem with you or your family, there is just alot of rumors surrounding them. Gives a girl plenty to talk about when bored."
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2015-03-23, 14:30

Ali glances at Noire, and then at the Chanting Man, who shakes his head in response.

[Shining Swagg activates]

The two Coterie holding Noire maintain an iron grip on her arms and legs, and make sure to stay far away from Zulfiqar. Ali punches Noire's throat, and then slices across her eyes with Zulfiqar. He follows up by crushing her throat while bashing her head with the hilt of his sword. Coterie continues to restrain her. Daliu and Cook continue body blocking for Ali in case someone tries to interfere.

"You probably right bout 'dem rumors," says Ali, as he observes Noire's broken body. "Fighting is the Swaggafid way. If those two little bitches didn't want to work fo' my daddy, they got what was comin' to 'em." He slices her head off, sending it to the ground. "I've met yo' type before: whisperin', connivin' cowards who wouldn't dare speak to my face. You dun goofed, gurl. I WANT to be like mah daddy. This lil' incident just reminds me how far I have to go."
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-23, 15:51

Daliu stands clear of the confrontation, abstaining from the bodyblocking. "What are you doing? Aid your liege!" urges the cook. Daliu shakes his head and crosses his arms. "I refuse. It's not right, to kill her just for something she said."

[I will wait 24 hours for all party members to respond if they wish to interfere. Due to repeated exposure, Shining Swagg only immobilizes you for half a second. If nothing happens, Noire will die as described above.]
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2015-03-23, 15:56

The Cook shakes his head while continuing to body-block. "My son, for the love you bear me, protect The Prince. He has put down many a treacherous snake before it could strike, because he recognized its danger. He has saved my skin, and even our whole Coterie, from disasters like this long before you were born. Trust in his judgement."

Daliu glances quickly between Noire and The Cook, and chooses finally to side with his father. He re-enters the body-blocking position, sword at the ready. 'If this is what my father chooses, I must support his decision,' he thinks to himself, overturning his initial doubts. He berates himself in his mind, for he was only raised a simple farmer. But look at what happened to his parents. They were destroyed by forces they couldn't control, because they did not have the power and wisdom of THE PRINCE behind them. What sort of treacherous snake started the fire that befell them that day? Daliu might never know. But, he can prevent it from EVER HAPPENING AGAIN.

Daliu's RESOLVE is reinforced, and he will not be swayed from his duty by any method.
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-03-23, 16:14

Having seen Shining Swagg twice already, Gray's eyes have already been desensitized to Ali's splendor enough to react despite. Rushing out through Daliu's opening Gray lays a hand upon Ali's tense shoulder, and adopts an expression that was full of empathy and understanding.
"Brother, I have heard it clearer than none other. She did not call you and your father bukwas, she called you BAD, as in BAD-ASS MOTHER FUCKER. Isn't that what you wished for all along, ISN'T THAT YOUR DREAM, THE IDEAL THAT YOU SEEK? Perhaps in her words that is an exclamation of fear, but being feared is precisely what makes a BAD-ASS MOTHER FUCKER a true BAD-ASS."
Gray pauses with a sigh, fervor spilling out into his voice.
"As the famous Swaggafid philosopher JaahZi has said, '99 problems but a bitch aint one'. Do you understand that you are tarnishing the Swaggafid spirit by killing the bitches?"

Last edited by Xenoe on 2015-03-24, 14:55; edited 1 time in total
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-23, 17:00

Amos joins the fray to make a case for sparing Noire.

"The wisdom of the Swaggafid philosophers is pragmatic. They do not speak of lofty and abstract things but of how to act in real situations such as these. If Ms. Greenheart was your adviser or one of your myriad bitches her dissenting attitude would be intolerable. But she is a potential ally. Someone who has heard of your kingdom in the gambling halls, bars and other dens of debauchery. Why should she hear praise of you from the desperate and the villainous. Indeed her entire perception of the world must be seen through the filter of the dark and cynical corners of the world, including how she sees you. Instead of killing her, win her over as an ardent follower. Lift her from darkness into the shining light of your swagger and you allow her return that favor in kind."

Last edited by Darkgenesis on 2015-03-24, 00:06; edited 2 times in total
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2015-03-23, 20:35

"Oi body guard, stop your friend. I'd rather not be killed." She closes her eyes and begins gathering energy.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-24, 12:03

These arguments are so unconvincing(especially Gray's) that they do not even register in Ali's mind, filled as it is with a RESOLVE even stronger than Daliu's. The Lil' Prince gives Noire a lil' sock in the throat.
[Shining swagg wears off for Noire]
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by testuser 2015-03-24, 12:03

The member 'Corenat Rovarnus' has done the following action : Dice Roll\'d

#1 'fudge' :
CHOCOLATE DESTINY, ARC 2 - Page 2 MMe0ojR CHOCOLATE DESTINY, ARC 2 - Page 2 Lvkidm6 CHOCOLATE DESTINY, ARC 2 - Page 2 MMe0ojR CHOCOLATE DESTINY, ARC 2 - Page 2 8fmoHpZ

--------------------------------

#2 'fudge' :
CHOCOLATE DESTINY, ARC 2 - Page 2 8fmoHpZ CHOCOLATE DESTINY, ARC 2 - Page 2 8fmoHpZ CHOCOLATE DESTINY, ARC 2 - Page 2 MMe0ojR CHOCOLATE DESTINY, ARC 2 - Page 2 Lvkidm6

testuser
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-24, 14:43

"Yo Daliu!"

Amos pitches a sticky ball of paper of at Daliu and whispers to the hilt of his blade. He thrusts his hilt outward (with the point facing up) and Daliu abruptly flies into prince Ali.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2015-03-24, 15:06

As Gray was giving his fervent speech, and Ali is momentarily stunned from listening, he gets in the way of Ali's sword arm before he could swing, and as Ali is backing up to get get a better angle. Gray collapses forward towards Noire, plunging her between the two coterie's grip onto the dirt floor. With a deft jerk Gray rolls on the ground between everybody legs into the grassy terrain off the path, taking Noire with him.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2015-03-24, 16:19

[Grace period expired, roleplay resumes]

Unfortunately for Noire and her saviors, Ali had not been waiting patiently for them to deliver their lofty speeches. He had already stunned Noire by punching her throat within the 0.5 seconds that they were Ϟ AweŞtruck™Ϟ.

Since Noire had only been exposed to Shining Swagg once, she is Ϟ AweŞtruck™Ϟ for longer, and remains under its effect until after Ali had already punched her throat, sliced her eyes, and had her throat in his grip, bashing her head with his sword. She has neither the time nor leisure to gather energy at her full capacity.

By the time that everyone finishes their speeches, Noire has already suffered extensive brain damage, and Ali is about to chop her head off to end her misery.
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

CHOCOLATE DESTINY, ARC 2 - Page 2 Empty are you frustrated?

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2015-03-24, 17:49

In the split second Ali takes to retract his fist and swing his sword, a miracle takes place.
By some stroke of luck, Noire had seen many awe-striking events before in her travels, and snaps out of Shining Swagg's trance prematurely.
A noiretorious glint flashes in her eyes, as if she can see something nobody else can.
She lurches backward to dodge Zulfiqar's ornate blade, throwing her grapplers off balance. Her knees buckle and body twists around, breaking free of their grasp. Wasting no time the lady Greenheart dives into a forward roll to evade recapture, her feet finding firm purchase on the ground a good distance away.

5 seconds pass, and House Hylosiklon exits the Swag trance in bewilderment. As Ali was not stunned by any speech, Gray finds himself awkwardly standing in Ali's former location with no sword arm to block, where he collides with the bodily flung Daliu. Noire runs like hell.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2015-03-24, 18:07

Amos flees.

Last edited by Darkgenesis on 2015-03-24, 19:42; edited 1 time in total
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2015-03-24, 18:14

At the exact moment that Noire snaps out of Shining Swagg and shines a noiretorious glint in her eyes, Ali senses that something is wrong and spits  "Bararum dum dum" as fast as possible, which is quite fast considering he has practiced it all his life.
[Get Low activates]

The moment after she breaks free of Coterie's grip and hits the ground, the power of Crunk pins her tot he ground and Ali swoops in to behead her. Lee has collided with Daliu, and Amos is too far to interfere. Coterie continues to bodyblock for Ali as he swoops in for the kill.

Last edited by Vroop on 2015-03-24, 18:20; edited 1 time in total
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down