Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let the games begin

5 posters

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Let the games begin Empty Let the games begin

Post by InteroVegas 2013-08-20, 20:41

Imperial Date: 283.M40

Your brief sleep has been all but restful. The creaks and groans of the injured Solstice make even the four of hours sleep you've been getting each night the past three days a fleeting dream. As you stir in your lavish bed you hear a voice call out from the primitive communication pipes set atop the wall behind your headrest: "Lord Captain Kalthar has made summons for his chief advisers to return to the bridge. I repeat myself, Lord Captain Kalthar has made summons for his chief advisers to return to the bridge. All others continue your assigned duties, over."

You know you have no time to idle before making your way over to the bridge so you garb yourself and make your to the Lord Captain. As you wind through the corridors to the main lift it easy to feel the exhaustion and fear that looms over the crew. Lack of sleep that strains the mind and body while working alongside the automated husks of what were your friends just yesterday certainly takes its toll. To make matters worse everyone is all too aware that they cannot stay hidden under the shadowy veil of the Solstice forever. It is only a matter of time before the ship's pursuers find you and the others.

Finally you make your way to the main lift where the operator waits for you. Just as you step on so does another adviser to the Lord Captain. Without any words being exchanged the operator sends the lift to the bridge. It is now only you and your crew member to your side riding to the command center of the ship with the lovely musical accompaniment of mechanical gizmos and the scraping of rusty metal. You have a just a little more than a minute before the lift arrives to the top. [You are both on the lift unarmored, however you have your trusty weapon to your side if you elected to bring it with you.]

Go.

Last edited by Darkgenesis on 2013-12-21, 16:44; edited 3 times in total
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Let the games begin Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-08-20, 22:09

Jarrion Xanatov is a young-looking, roguish Rogue Trader.  He stands about two meters high, with thick wavy blond hair, cut to shoulder length.  His clothes mark him as nothing more than a fashionable fop.   He wears bright clothes, always in the most recent styles, with gilt encrusted gem inlays.  Despite his rather foolish appearance, his true nature is far more calculating. 

"Hey, Darrius, do you know what's going on?  I swear those compipes get worse with every Warprun we take.  I could barely hear Captain Kalthar just now."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-08-20, 23:28

Darrius Vendigroth, age 73, stands in a straight and practiced military stance practiced since childhood with a cold and tired expression on his face. Coming to a height of six foot three with dark brown hair he can often be seen wearing an Imperial Guard officers uniform crisp and well maintained despite its age. He looks younger than he actually is but is betrayed by a little graying about his temples often hidden under his officers cap. Always beneath his officers coat is his inferno pistol gifted to him by his family when he first joined the ranks of the Imperial Guard.

"I think the recent events have just been going to your head Jarrion, but i'd have to agree that some new problem does always manage to pop up every warp-run. I only hope the shadowfields can keep us out of harms way long enough so more of the crew don't wind up like those mechanized husks. I'm not sure if I'll ever truly get used to seeing those" the last comment seemed to have been more spoken out loud to ease his nerves than to anyone in particular.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-08-20, 23:49

"I have to agree with you on that.  There's something ghoulish about seeing men you used to serve with shamble mindlessly through the halls.  Of course, you can't deny the fact that we haven't had to pick up crew nearly as often after we installed that reclamation facility.  We'll just have to remind Captain Kalthar to pick up more of those Donarion Dancing girls to cheer up the crew at our next stop.  I know I wouldn't mind having a few in my bunk to keep away the chill of the Void."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-08-21, 00:15

at the mention of bringing in dancing girls Darrius looks over at him with a raised eyebrow before just us quickly going back to looking straight ahead with his usual expression. A few moments pass before Darrius speaks again.

"So what are your bets as to why our Lord has called us up to the deck. It's never good news when he does, I don't know why i bother getting my hopes up that it will be good news."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-08-21, 00:26

"Oh Darrius, always so serious. You should take a few moments with the girls at our next port.  Emperor knows you need to smile at least once a year."

Jarrion gave a crooked smile to Darrius, trying to show him what he meant.

"Alright then you old sourpuss, let's get down to brass tacks.  I know just as much as you at this point. But I'm sure there is nothing to worry about.  Solstice is a tough old bird.  She won't let us down when we need her most."  

Jarrion strokes the wall of the elevator as he speaks, showing his obvious affection for Solstice.  Even though he has been onboard for only a year, he has become quite attached to the ship.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-08-21, 01:52

"The day i entertain myself with one of your "girls" is the day I'll stop fighting in the name of our Emperor and mankind. You would have your own ship if you put all the effort you put into entertaining yourself into your work."

As Darrius says this he has a slight upturning of the cheeks (usually as far as anyone can get him to do any sort of expression of joy) betraying the witty banter that often goes on between the two of them.

"Lets hope the old gal' has still got plenty of fight in her considering i highly doubt we're out of the woods yet."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-08-21, 01:55

"But what fun would having a ship be without all the requisite pleasures?" Darrius demanded, his pleasure far more open.  "I just hope the Captain lets us know what's going on quickly.  I don't want to be ambushed again.  That was decidedly unpleasant."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-08-21, 14:16

As Xanatov finishes his sentence the lift reaches the apex of its climb. The 5 meter wide lift gate slides into the holding above it with a graceful whirring. The pair of you don't bother to wait for the gate to rise completely before exiting the lift. You press on 5 meters and continue up a small set of stairs that leads you into the command room proper.

Upon entering the command room you see the room you have spent perhaps the greatest portion of your time in these past two years (about a year and a half for Jarrion). A holo-table sits two meters in front of the Lord Captain's seat (that is in turn situated at the back of the room and elevated so that the Lord Captain may oversee all those in the command room. Lines of terminals stand to both sides of the room. Among them terminals and cogitators that aid in managing and communicating throughout the ship that aren't seen in most vessels in the Imperium. Laid in the middle and spanning the entire length of the command room is a xenos pelt. The fur is rough and a slightly faded but royal blue. The head of the beast is mounted above the Lord Captain's seat, it bears a face akin to that of a dragon from the myths of a death world except covered with fur and a more wolf-like snout. The head is a meter and a half wide and about two meters long. 30 meters all the way down to the other end of the room is an open gate that leads further into the bridge. There are windows peering out to the void every now and again along the sides and a brilliant set of reinforced crystanium windows along the ceiling.

The stairs leave you about 5 meters into the room. Behind you elevated by just 8 steps are the holo-table and Lord-Captain's seat. From where you are standing you can see the other chief-advisers standing around the holo-table. The meeting has not yet begun although the matters at hand make idle chatter hard for all but the most flippant of individuals. At the side of the holo-table opposite of the Lord-Captain and closest to you is a short well muscled man with rough short hair and dark skin that you immediately recognize as Voidmaster Rivaille Gem. You notice that in this situation even Rivaille does not bear his half smile he always has. To his right is the figure clad in dark styled clothes, helmet and cape known as Arthurias Glademore standing at ease but still retaining an air of professionalism about him. About a persons width to Arthurias' right humble the deeply tan colored Selena Faelyn. As usual she stands humbly and peacefully, a paragon of serenity. Off to Rivaille's left a set of red robes hang awkwardly on Ontar Mekarn. A small chemical stain tarnishes the edge of his vivid red tech-priest garb, a clear sign even his "elevated machine being" is falling prey to exhaustion from overwork. Everyone knows he has been going on less sleep than the rest trying his absolute best to make repairs as swift and effective as possible. To his left stands Edes Nazier, one of the three contestants aspiring to the title of "Rogue Trader".

Edes Nazier is the embodiment of power, or so she tries to be. Her flowing cloak, her ever present gauntlets with spiked metal knuckles, her long black hair as dark and alluring as the void itself that only contrasts more against her fair white skin, the way she speaks, the way she strides, everything about Edes Nazier is power. Edes Nazier comes from a noble family that like all of the most powerful noble families has influence not in just one affair but in every matter they can force their way into. The Nazier family prides itself most however on it's overpowering presence in arms trade and fleet sher  upport. They financially support the core forgeworlds in the Calixis sector giving them enviable priority in acquiring technology and reselling them at marked up prices or supplying them to their plethora of "warrior-traders", a fleet of brigands and thugs given the knowledge and know-how to be successful in commerce by the Naziers. Make no mistake however, the Naziers are as skilled in the art of using underhanded methods as they are in using force. The head of the family, Alexander III Nazier is best known for having an imperial governor sign over an entire system through means still unknown all. More fearsome is that the very same imperial governor attests that Naziers did nothing to scam or deceive him.
Edes is the last child in a line of 8 children so there was little to no chance that even with her unprecedented talent that she could come to control any sizable portion of the family riches, however her rank in the family has risen considerably with the opportunity of becoming a Rogue Trader. Whole worlds would not be enough to match the value of a Rogue Trader warrant and vessel. She has been on ship only a few months longer than either of you and has her own set of advisers on board although none appear to be present at the current time.

Opposite of her stands the third contestant Elizabeth Strondike. She has platinum blonde short cropped hair, cherry red lips and vivid blue eyes and stands 5'11" tall. She wears an outfit befitting a dominatrix with a full body plastifiber (think spandex) suit worn underneath to keep her skin covered where it would otherwise be scandalously shown. To her left at 6'4" stands her body guard Krozal Datlin. The man has a shaved head and a look on his face that makes it apparent he has seen many of the horrors life has to offer. He has wear a combat appropriate vest and wears his very practical boots as well as belt with a series of pockets and rings for keeping tools at the ready. He has two knives on his person although no one can tell wear from merely looking, had he not single-handedly slain a murder servitor gone berserk with them no one would have been the wiser about their existence at all. As usual he keeps a power fist equipped on his left arm.

The Strondike family is famous for being a true umbrella corporation. They deal in everything in seemingly equal amounts. From supplying food to hive worlds to managing whore houses to training mercenaries the Strondike family is a powerful and intimidating competition to have indeed. Elizabeth was 5th of nine siblings and although she was talented with people and numbers alike she had no care for being given away to another noble as his bedroom whore for the family's gain. When Lord Captain Kalthar approached the family telling them of his search for an heir the siblings setup a competition amongst themselves. Trials varied from riddles to combat. Elizabeth dominated the competition, at one point she even cut off the legs of one of her older brothers in a combat with wooden practice weapons. Elizabeth may not speak with the same triumphant and domineering tone that Edes does but that does not mean she is to be underestimated.

After a quick glance at the advisers standing around the table Lord Captain Kalthar and the others notice the two of you standing at the entrance to the room.

Lord Captain Kalthar speaks in his cryptically commanding but peaceful voice "Xanatov and Vendigroth, join us." His face gives no obvious sign to any feelings, neither fear, exhaustion, nor irritation that you appear to be just so slightly late.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-08-21, 14:45

Darrius nods to the Lord Captain in acknowledgment and walks over to the holo-table. He has his hands behind his back in his usual militaristic manner and occasionally glances about the room to make sure everyone is at their stations working properly. Being brought up upon the Schola Progenium planet Talassar he was always trained to keep an eye on his subordinates and make sure they were working properly and efficiently. This training suits him perfectly for the roll he now partakes in aboard the Solstice where he is in charge of managing everything aboard the ship from troop discipline to trade. As the Seneschall to the Lord Captain Darrius finds himself called upon more often than most for his advice and experience

After making sure that everything is running smoothly on the command deck Darrius takes his place to the right of Selena across the table from the Lord Captain and his prospective heirs. Upon reaching his place he pulls out a dataslate and autoquill from his uniform so he may take down the orders of the Lord Captain and see them fulfilled
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-08-21, 14:56

Jarrion saunters into the room much more casually than Darrius.  He gives his usual wink to Selena, and his usual leer to Strondike.  When Krozal Datlin glares at him, Jarrion simply chcukles, and moves to stand opposite Lord Captain Kalthar.

Once Jarrion joins the circle however, he is all business, reverting to the High Gothic speach patterns he was taught as a boy in the Xanatov house

"Lord Captain Kalthar, I beg permission to ask what event has occurred to warrant our meeting."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-08-21, 15:52

Everyone at the table seems dumbstruck. No one shows it on their faces but it is obvious they are a little surprised by your question.

The Lord Captain shows a twinge of anger on his face before returning to his regular stoic look. "Mayhaps the events have relieved you of your typically sharp senses Xanatov. We are here to discuss how we might survive this ordeal. It is apparent you too bear the pains of what little rest everyone else has had so it is obvious you have not been sleeping during such a critical moment. But your question leads me to believe you have been inseminating every female crew member you could lay your hands on rather than think of ways to escape two havoc-class raiders and the Telarion."

As if waking up, you vividly recall the events that are the topic of the meeting at hand. The crew of the Solstice had undertaken the delivery of extremely precious and volatile fuel fluids. A simple affair to move the goods from one planet to another on the way to the halo stars. The clients were paying a huge sum for a warp jump to be used to make the transport of goods as quick as possible. The clients were trying secure a contract for construction and development of an entire planned imperial planet (Currently a fertile death world named Iona) and getting their construction apparatus there first would all but ensure the contract. They warned of the possibility that competitors might take action to stop the transport of the fuel but they didn't tell you that their own raiders would come to steal it from you. The group of raiders and the firestorm-class Telarion waited until right before the Solstice was headed into the warp to fire a huge battery of lances across the ship. The ship took severe damage (you are at 80% hull) and an unpleasant chunk of the crew passed away (87% crew) but thankfully no problems occurred during the warp. Unfortunately the ship missed its mark by a sizable margin and has quite the distance to pass before reaching the planet, or any other safe corner of space for that matter. The Lord Captain has decided against any further warp jumps and requested that his advisers come up with some plan of action in the next few days.

Lord Captain Kalthar resumes "Enough of that matter, Vendigroth, you are a reliable man what course of action have you come up with?".
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-08-21, 16:20

Darrius looks over to the Lord Captain with a manipulative glint in his eyes.

"Sir, as we all know they have us out manned and outgunned which leaves us no choice but to throw conventional tactics out the window. What I would have to suggest is to lure our enemy's to a debris field in some manner where will will have set up explosives. Once our enemy has arrived at the location we play a little cat and mouse with them before taking them through our ambush. Their ships would be severely crippled by the blast making them easy targets for either boarding or bombardment."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-08-21, 16:29

Edes cracks a faint smile. "My apologies Lord Captain, might I add to Lord Vendigroth's ideas?"

Kalthar replies "Proceed."

Edes continues "Lord Captain, just yesterday at 2200 hours vessel time my advisers detected something interesting in a debris field not too far from here on the auger array. They could not pick out the fine details but there appears to be a complex situated on an enormous asteroid in the debris. Perhaps this merits investigating my Lord?"

Kalthar pauses for a moment and strokes his beard "This is quite a discovery, however let me first hear out what everyone has to offer. Xanatov, proceed."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-08-21, 16:45

"We are all certain that time is of the essence.  Therefore, as much as I appreciate your discovery Edes, we must focus first on the danger at hand.  Should we follow Vendigroth's plan, which I believe to be reasonable, perhaps we can carry out a more detailed scan of the complex."

"In addition, let us not forget the volatile condition of our cargo.  I must ask whether it is necessary to keep it.  Should our main hold be damaged, the destruction could be crippling.  Perhaps we could use the cargo as the explosives necessitated in the Vendigroth stratagem.  It does have a certain poetic justice to it."

"Finally, I suggest that we focus on the Raider's above the Telarion.  Their maneuverability will serve them greater in the tight confines of the debris field, allowing them to use their lances to devastating effect."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-08-21, 17:42

"I'm not entirely sure If we should abbandon searching this complex. It could very well be an old mining complex which would likely mean high explosives we're used to mine the metals in the asteroid. We can always send an exposition to the facility while we setting our ambush. An exposition which I will volunteer myself for."

As Darrius says this he is writing down down what equipment would likely be needed for such and expidition and ambush on his dataslate.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-08-21, 18:01

"As long as we agree that we have enough time to carry out this exploration before the Telarion arrives, it could be a valuable expedition.  If the Lord Captain grants me leave, I would volunteer myself as well."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-08-21, 19:41

Lord Captain Kalthar looks at Xanatov and answers "Do we have any other suggestions for courses of action or is this mystery complex our best bet?"

A moment of silence passes before Rivaille chimes in "Aye, my Lord Captain, the plan put forth by Lord Vendigroth and Lady Nazier looks to be our best bet for surviving for a few more days but I should warn you that the debris field they are talking about is not the safest place for us either. Some of the space matter in the area is on a scale too large to be soaked up by the shadowfields, certainly we can avoid the most dangerous of objects but it would be a miracle granted by the emperor himself if we got through unscathed . . . and with our current situation I haven't the slightest idea how long we can bide our time in there."

Lord Captain Kalthar replies "It is decided then, we carry out this joint gambit of Edes' and Vendigroth's plans. Mekarn, take leave of your repair work for now and instead run a more careful auger scan of the field to see what more we can learn about this complex. Secondly, undertake a calculation to project the damages that the Solstice will take on an hourly basis while in the debris field. The rest of continue your duties as normal, I expect the warp mapping report within half a days time Glademore. We will make our way to the field."

Glademore nods and all take their leave. It estimated that you will arrive at the field in 24 hours time.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-08-22, 00:34

At the conclusion of the meeting Darrius heads back to his quarters to ponder over what would be required for entering into an unknown station with unknown dangers. He goes over the obvious nececities; survival suits, armor, weapons, lighting, ammunition, and rebreathers. He settles on bringing a company of men as the safest bet, no leman russ' for support as they'd attract too much attention if any hostiles proved to be there. Satisfied he gets up and leaves the room in search of Jarrion to help organize the endeaver as he'd volunteered as well.

Upon finding Jarrion Darrius waves him over to talk with and discuss the plan for locating any useful materials.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-08-22, 00:39

Jarrion sees Darrius and approaches him.  By now Jarrion is fully dressed and prepared for the landing.  His dark buckycarbon stormtrooper carapace glints and glimmers in the harsh lights of the Solstice.  His lasgauntlets are polished to perfection, and his plasma pistol and power sword hang on his hips, easily accessible.  He greets Darrius and begins walking with him.

"Hello Darrius.  I'm all ready for the landing, just on my way to pick up some extra ammo.  What were you thinking about the plan?  I need to send someone to pick up the info that Darwin is getting now.  Once we've got that we should probably talk to Edes to iron out the final details."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-08-22, 00:45

Darrius looks at Jarrion rather questioningly

"You weren't planning on just the two of us going in there i hope? Here's a list of the things we'll likely need for the men we'll be bringing as well as ourselves. I was planning on taking a company of men with us on our endeavor but if you have any suggestions I'm all ears." As he says this Darrius hands Jarrion a data-slate withe the list of gear he'd come up with
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-08-22, 00:46

going in there alone*
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-08-22, 00:50

A hurried crew member approaches the two of you and pulls out a data-pad holding it to Xanatov. "My Lord, this is the object you sent me to collect from the tech-priest. May I take leave?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-08-22, 00:54

"Please.  I'm more than just a pretty face. " Jarrion uses his twitch mask to form a grotesque visage for a split second, then returns to his normal gorgeous physique.  "I figured that bringing a group of men with us was practically required.  As for suggestions, we should probably also bring along a day's worth of rations, some water, and a fair bit of rope.  If we have any sort of construction explosives, I'm sure those would come in handy as well."

After taking the data-pad from the crew member, Jarrion flips him a gold throne.  

"Thank you for the pad.  Make sure to bring my thanks to TechPriest Mekarn as well.  You may go now."

Last edited by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-22, 01:55; edited 1 time in total
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-08-22, 00:59

The crew member leaves with haste. When you examine the contents of the data-pad you can't quite understand the minor details but what is obvious to you is that the complex spoken of earlier is much more than just a complex. The mass shows signs of multiple different vessels seemingly melded together. In the midst of the debris field is a space hulk dunn dunn DUNNNNN.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-08-22, 01:04

Jarrion's face pales as he reads the pad.

"Darrius, we might want to reconsider our plan.  At the very least, we will need to bring a lot more than 30 troops with us.  In fact, I think we should tell Lord Captain Kalthar about this immediately."  

Without looking to see if Darrius follows, Jarrion strides quickly off towards the bridge, moving as quickly as dignity will allow.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-08-22, 01:09

Darrius follows after Jarrion asking him what news is on the data-slate. Once told the station is a space hulk Darrius gets a maniacal air about him.

"This could prove to be a great thing, there will almost certainly be plenty of heavy ordnance aboard and that would be the last place the people following us would look."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-08-22, 01:12

After the inital moment of panic subsides, Jarrion slows.  "You know, you are right about that.  And if there's anything that would allow us to survive the coming Telarion it would be in that hulk.  Will you help me convince the Captain to let us take more men along?  How many do you think we should bring?  I wouldn't be averse to bringing all of them!"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-08-22, 01:17

Darrius shakes his head at the notion of bringing every last man.

"I do not believe that bringing 250 men into a unknown space hulk is the best of ideas. We would far too easily lose track of everyone and as soon as whatever beings lurk in the massive spaces find us we'd be far too easy to locate and separate. the best solution to this will be sticking with a fairly small force, perhaps 50, so as to maintain some semblance of hope in staying together while covering the most ground. I have a feeling that this news has already reached our Lord Captain and he will undoubtedly be calling another meeting soon. Best we hasten to the bridge however."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-08-22, 01:22

"Hopefully this time we won't be late."  Jarrion smiles and his twitch mask reverts to a carefree, confident expresssion.  "What if we bring in a small expeditionary force to make a base camp in the hulk.  I am certain that it will take more than a day to search the entire hulk.  We can then bring in more troops as is necessary.  We should certainly bring more light sources as well.  That hulk will be darker than a tomb."

As the two walk towards the bridge, Jarrion is struck by a sudden idea.  He pulls aside a crew member. "Go ask TechPriest Mekarn if he can carry out an even more specific augur scan.  Request that he focus on salvageable components, weapons, anything that we could use on this ship.  And hurry."

Last edited by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-22, 01:54; edited 1 time in total
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-08-22, 01:28

"That's not a bad idea, glad to see there is hope for you in this competition for the throne. In that case a company of men should be enough to find and secure an FOB and the Solstice can dispatch men as we need them."

As they walk Darrius grabs a crew member in the hallway and tells him to send a message to the mercenary's in the barracks to prepare for departure and close quarters combat.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-08-22, 01:44

When you arrive at the command room you see Arthurias and the Lord Captain discussing something quietly. When they notice you the cease their conversation. The Lord Captain addresses you "Vendigroth and Xanatov, you have come to me with suggestions for a plan of action with this space hulk that hands in the debris field?".
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-08-22, 01:50

"Yes Lord Captain.  The basic thrust of our plan is as follows.  Lord Vendigroth and I would lead across a group of 50 mercenaries to establish a base camp.  Tech-Priest Mekarn is currently running another augur scan to determine the location of potentially salvageable components and valuables.  Once we learn more about the layout and specific opportunities offered by the hulk we can begin bringing across as many men as we need.  Hopefully we can discover something which will aid us against the Telarion.  With respect to those betrayers, I wanted to ask you if you had decided on the course of action we shall take against them.  I must reiterate my suggestion of using their own fuel against them.  While we may discover explosives on board the hulk, I do not believe we have the time to spend on what may turn out to be a fruitless enterprise.  In addition, keeping the fuel within our ship is dangerous at best.  I hope you take my opinion into consideration."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-08-22, 01:58

"Sir, I would like to give my support to Lord Xanatov's plan, as for the fuel it could prove best to start to wire asteroids in a suitable location for an ambush with them so that, when detonated, the fragmented asteroids may fly into the enemies ships doing all of the work for us. I have already sent word to the mercenary's in the barracks to prepare for close quarters combat aboard the space hulk."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-08-22, 03:47

"Such youthful vigor! An unknown space hulk hiding possible dangers beyond imagination and the two of you would head in there yourselves. I approve of your endeavor, however . . . " Kalthar's face turns to a scowl "Vendigroth, you best devise a plan to make this situation profitable. Would you have me dump the only profitable resource we have left now this would be a complete loss and that, my Seneschal, master of coin, would be unacceptable."

Kalthar stands up from his seat propping himself up on his walking stick. "That is all for now, I shall have Rivaille organize the details steering the Solstice through the field." He waves you away with his hand but before you turn to take your leave a wiry smile spreads on his face "One last matter, with such enthusiasm to explore the dangers I assume you will go in with the first scouting squad. It seems only natural."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-08-22, 11:31

"A former soldier of the Imperial Guard would never send men where he wouldn't go himself. I am also not so certain that we should abandon using the fuel as a fall back measure in the event that we cannot find anything aboard the space hull. For all we know it's been cleared out for a milenium, as much as I doupt it. I would have to advise on preparing a fail safe for in the event we are found by our pursuers, and have yet to find anything, we will still stand a greater chance of surviving this ordeal."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-08-22, 11:41

"In addition, we must remember that should we defeat the Telarion and her escorts, we will be able to strip all three ships of whatever wealth they may possess. This should almost certainly outweigh the losses incurred by venting the current cargo. By the end of this week, we will all either be very rich, or dead."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-08-22, 12:48

Kalthar strokes his beard and speaks "Rich or dead indeed . . . No matter. I assume you have worked out an ingenious method to weave the cargo into the asteroids without proper mining equipment so I will let you commence those plans. Time is short, nothing more need be said" However, the Lord Captain has a look about that conveys 'something is amiss'. His silence signifies he has no intention of sharing the matters on his mind with you.

[First make any checks you want to do before you arrive in ~5 hours, then make checks when you get into the field but are not quite yet at the space hulk]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-08-22, 13:10

For the next 5 hours Jarrion mingles with the mercenaries, telling them stories and generally helping them mentally prepare themselves for the coming mission.  (Rolling a difficult command test DC 53)
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Char 2013-08-22, 13:10

The member 'Jarrion Xanatov' has done the following action : Dice Roll\'d

'd100' : 21
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-08-22, 13:23

(It was -20 this time, please don't decide the DC's yourself) Nonetheless it was a success. Proceed.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-08-22, 13:49

After dwelling on the problem of mining an asteroid for several hours, Darius makes his way back to the bridge where he spends the remaining time before arriving at the asteroid field organizing equipment and gear for the boarding parties while also looking at scans of the asteroid field for likely locations to place minefields
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-08-22, 13:56

[The crew has toiled away to set the mines while mercenaries go over battle stratagems. NOTE: due to the shifting nature of the asteroid field and the lack of distinguishing locations before nearing the space hulk means a field is setup in a key location in relative proximity to the hulk (about 40 VU's). To make use of the field for potential combats you will have to move the engagement there]

The Lord Captain does not call for any meetings. Everyone on board has setup their plans. Edes and Elizabeth are setting out with 50 mercenaries each to scout out other locations along the close side of the hulk. Mekarn's scans have returned with strange readings, due to the mysterious nature of space hulks there is no way to give even an estimate of what the various anomalies might be or are what they are caused by.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-08-22, 14:05

As the shuttle approaches the hulk, Jarrion calls over the officers of the boarding party. "As you all know, I am Lord Xanatov, and this is Lord Vendigroth. Lets go over what this mission is supposed to be. We are just doing a basic sweep of the area surrounding out entry. Do not let your men go off on their own; pairs are imperative. Do not let your men break vox contact. If you find anything potentially valuable report it in immediately. I know you and your men are up to this challenge. May the Emperor grant us a safe journey and a swift return."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-08-22, 14:12

Darrius, now clad in his enforcer light carapace armor with a hellgun in his hands and a chameleon cloak hanging from his shoulders, looks over the men in the shuttle.

"Do not forget that it will be very easy to get lost and separated from everyone once aboard. We do not know what may be aboard but expect anything non human to be hostile. Watch your corners and watch each others backs and we'll get through this. This is what we've all been trained for men, so lets get this done and go back to the ship. Drinks are on me when we get back."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-08-22, 14:21

An officer retorts "Hah sir, not to be disrespectful but all our drinks have been on the Lord Captain, it's out his pocket we get paid 'fterall."

A second officer asks "And what do we do if we run into humans, particularly the the chaos sor- . . . " the room goes hushed before the man finishes his comment.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-08-22, 14:31

"The Lord Captain is a generous man, but I'm sure we can scrounge up some nice hefty bonuses in addition to whatever he's paying you, for any man who finds something shiny and worth looting. As for finding heretics, you don't need me to tell you to take care of yourselves first. If anything looks funny at you, shoot first and ask questions later."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2013-08-22, 14:44

"Roger that, shoot first ask later."

[NOTE: due to the debris field Rivaille must constantly move the Solstice around the area while maintaining radio silence to avoid detection. This means that you cannot get any support until you call the Solstice for evacuation and you most definitely should not return empty handed.]

Do you proceed into the space hulk?
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2013-08-22, 14:51

Darrius goes into the hulk first upon landing, whereupon he looks around and waves the men forward. Gun razed at the ready, the men proceed into the unknown...
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2013-08-22, 14:53

Jarrion follows carefully, moving as silently as possible, with his arms held forward, ready to fire at the slightest sign of movement.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next