Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CoP:OF Rule breaker: Rule change suggestions.

+9
Xenoe
dinasemrys
Char
Zhu Yang
Sareth
Corenat Rovarnus
Skraal
Capitalist Pig
kaede
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

rule - CoP:OF Rule breaker: Rule change suggestions. - Page 2 Empty Re: CoP:OF Rule breaker: Rule change suggestions.

Post by Meroy 2011-06-17, 00:56

Who said you knew where he's hiding those items. They're all in different places and when you complete a mission he tells you where and how to get it. So killing him doesn't achieve anything. You need to mind control him ^^

And if he has the church on his side then he might get help from NPCs, and everyone knows npc > you

Meroy
Camper
Camper

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

rule - CoP:OF Rule breaker: Rule change suggestions. - Page 2 Empty Re: CoP:OF Rule breaker: Rule change suggestions.

Post by Char 2011-06-17, 01:35

For one the items would be held out of the city by the church to be delivered the next day to the players house.

Also i need to know if the GM approves of this and would be willing to give me a certain ammount of points to make these items. If not I'll either reformat my character or ill have to abandon this idea.
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-06-17, 14:13

Honestly Matt this is a good idea but i don't think it could be implemented well at this moment.

Also the masters are not to be your errand boys that's the job for whatever NPC Kooay decides to give you.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-06-17, 19:30

Meroy wrote:And if he has the church on his side then he might get help from NPCs, and everyone knows npc > you
Not precisely. NPCs individually will (in most cases Twisted Evil ) be no match for a single master-servant pair, but in numbers they are significantly strong, such as a police squad. And if I feel like it I have a special file with stuff to "deal with" masters that I deem 'problematic'. Like say if felix decides to go brutally murder a bunch of innocent people with his lightsaber and then troll the cops about it. Not that he would do that.

Meroy wrote:So killing him doesn't achieve anything. You need to mind control him ^^
You just opened up a can of worms there. Magic Crest worms.

kaede wrote:Honestly Matt this is a good idea but i don't think it could be implemented well at this moment.
Also the masters are not to be your errand boys that's the job for whatever NPC Kooay decides to give you.
It can be implemented but this will push back the start date. Also it means you're(matt) completely rescinding any plan or thought you might have had of competing or otherwise interfering in the HGW.

Anyways, I have no NPCs right now that are specifically affiliated with the Church or something like 'errand boys'. I'll let you know if that changes.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Char 2011-07-03, 21:43

This is just something I've noticed but if you create a companion they are always going to be weak. You are given only 70 points to make a full character At least 20 points of that 70 goes into stats leaving 50 points for spells, equipment, perks circuit amount and quality.

While I know that companions are meant to be weaker then your character they shouldn't be handicapped like that. I propose that the amount of points given to create a companion be increased to 50 for the first level with an extra 10 points per level for a total of 100 points for the 6 levels and that they have to take a total of 6 defects.
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-07-04, 20:21

Screw that I'll just increase the maximum companion level, problem?
Also, you are not required to spend 20 points on stats, you can spend more or less and use the extra on other stuff. Honestly I don't like people using companions unless they have a cool concept or whatever so I'm not going to buff it anymore because it just encourages army building. Which I suspect you're trying to do again.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Char 2011-07-04, 22:54

If I wanted an army I would have made my demon summoning program instead of making a familiar.
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Capitalist Pig 2011-07-12, 15:28

What if we have different strength stats for Upper body and lower body? lower body strength determines things like movement speed, while upper body strength determines how fast your arms move when attacking. In addition, a derived statistic of size, determined by how far away your strength/endurance stats are from a certain average, i.e. further from average=higher size. This can be used to separate things such as speed vs. acceleration.
For example, if you have high strength but also high size, you'll have high maximum velocity, and therefore will hit much harder, but your arms will accelerate more slowly. low strength high size means your fat. low strength low size means you're scrawny. high strength low size means your muscles are strong but not big and is probably the optimal combination to maximize the power of your blow.
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : -11

http://fakku.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-07-12, 17:12

inb4 minmaxing upper body strength low size and buying pro xmen wheelchair Razz

what if they use a gun or magic the whole thing is pointless

Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-07-22, 02:38

I've got a question for Kooay. If we wanted to create a character who starts out like shiro (not much talent for magic but having a few abilities) could we use the secret power perk more then once to reflect those latent abilities? Also if we created a character with no magical circuits at all (or none useable at the least) as a defect how many points would you get back?
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by M. Ainsel 2011-07-22, 13:57

Let me suggest a radical change; make Secret Power significantly different.
People (Meroy) have been very cross with GM decisions for secret powers in the past, and it really is a stupid thing to have outside of the free-flowing BESM world. So, here are three alternatives that all work:

1) Have a "Secret Power" defect that gives players back points based on how many days it takes for a power to become active, or what they need to unlock that power. Maybe you can get lots of points back if you put a delay time on your servant summoning.

2) Alter "Secret Power" so that players can spend points to steer the ability into the direction they want. Certain parameters would cost more than others.

3) F. U. C. K. it and implement a way for players to become better with experience. This encourages proactive behavior, meaning that the people who wait out most the war won't be the winners every time. I think this is the most practical and fun option.
3 b) Instead of XP that levels you up, why not have XP that you can spend to boost rolls and stuff (like Action Points in Eberron!).
3 c) have both

Last edited by MarthMarthy on 2011-07-22, 13:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Outsmarting the Censors)
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Undergrad, When They Cry Undergrad
AwesomeSauce : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2011-07-22, 16:40

I have a suggestion as well, START THE DAMNED GAME JEEZ
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Capitalist Pig 2011-07-22, 17:40

Agreed. This game will be a lot harder to manage once school starts.
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Char 2011-07-22, 19:48

Agreed. If it will make it start sooner I'll drop the whole mission system that way we could just play the game.
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-07-22, 22:27

I also agree that the game will be a lot harder to manage when school starts. However, my family will be going on vacation for the first 2 weeks of August, so I probably won't be available then.
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-07-28, 14:50

This is just my opinion but I think we need to change how NP work. In grimgrim's game you are are able to spam your NP. I think that NP should have a limit where they can only be used once per day followed by a day of rest to recover from using them but if a person wants to they can use the NP again but there is a chance the servant will disappear from prana exhaustion.

Anyone else agree with this?
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Capitalist Pig 2011-07-28, 15:39

I like kaede's concept but I don't think it's accurate. It's better to just make NPs cost massive prana.
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Char 2011-08-01, 19:53

I think what Nina is trying to suggest is that a servant can only use their NP a certain amount of times before they have to rest or risk disappearing. Take Fate route for example Saber used Excalibur once to defeat rider and afterwards she almost faded away due to prana exhaustion. I think that we should implement this into the game by way of a master ranking system.

Master rank would represent how strong the flow of prana is between the servant and master and as such would result in their abilities costing less.

Rank bonuses and minuses could resemble something
A: prana costs are reduced by 20%
B: prana cost are reduced by 10%
C: prana cost are same as listed
D: prana cost are Increased by 10%
E: prana cost are Increased by 20%

Anyway just an idea i had while reading Nina's post.
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-08-01, 21:38

I concur with the concept, Servants themselves have different parameters depending on the strength and prowess of their Master. I think the simplest way to handle this problem for now will be to set hard, defined numbers on prana supplies and oversee them. From the player's point of view, there are four numbers that matter:
1. Master's prana supply
2. Servant's (initial) prana supply
3. The rate at which Master regenerates prana
4. The rate at which prana can be transferred from Master to Servant. (Or the other way around, but I won't go into that... I dunno lol)

Both Servants and Masters can only use prana consuming abilities or Noble Phantasms(No, Masters cannot use Noble Phantasms, don't twist my words) from their own respective supplies. When a Servant's prana hits 0 or a negative number they are forced to dematerialize into spirit form, dissolve, or die, whichever you'd like to believe happens, in any case they can't take any further action and are out of THE GAME. Twisted Evil

Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-09-10, 22:00

I was just thinking that the three families should have some other bonuses besides just getting a house and a bounded barrier and this is what I have come up with. These don't have to be implemented in the game just an idea I had.

Matou: Crest worms: implanted inside the character at a young age they expand the characters prana capacity by 20% but because of the pain that the character suffered while younger your health is lowered by 20 points

Tohsaka: 5 A ranked jewels: passed down to you from your father/mother these jewels have been building up a large amount prana over the years. Inside each jewel is 750 units of prana that can be used to restore prana to either yourself or your servant, or be used in spells to add a 20% damage increase.

Einzbern: I honestly don't have any idea for them maybe they could get the dress of heavens feel or something.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2011-09-11, 01:09

einzbern should have better magic circuits at the cost of defensive value and resting recover rate
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-09-11, 13:22

Those characteristics are completely customizable regardless of family or other things.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-09-11, 14:51

Actually i think the Einzbern's should have a lowered casting cost for spells(15%) due to there body being made to cast spells but they recieve more damage from physical attacks (10%) because there bodies are weaker.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-09-11, 17:36

Looking at the current Einzbern I'd say that would be unnecessary, can you please stop trying to make me change stuff for specific characters?
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2011-09-11, 20:30

Corenat Rovarnus wrote:Looking at the current Einzbern I'd say that would be unnecessary, can you please stop trying to make me change stuff for specific characters?
It's arite, Nina's just trying to help. Keep the ideas coming; we most likely won't use them this game, but they could be implemented in the next game.
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Master
AwesomeSauce : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-09-16, 12:44

I've put all the recent changes into the sticky topic and arranged them chronologically.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Char 2011-09-23, 15:56

Hey long time no see everybody and nina.

I was just wondering will masters be able to get status sheets of other servants like in the visual novels?
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-09-23, 17:57

=.= well yes, if the master wishes to disclose their servant's information to you, I'll gladly provide it
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-09-23, 22:09

Char wrote:Hey long time no see everybody and nina.

I was just wondering will masters be able to get status sheets of other servants like in the visual novels?

I think what he means is after a confrontation with a master does the two masters gain a basic status sheet of the servant they fought through the slight Clairvoyance that a master has when contracted with a servant that allows a master to see the class, stats, some skills, and name of the master of the servant but not the important details like NP and true identity.

And I don't see that as possible within a game like this that while in the nasuverse something like that can't be put in because it can give away too much information.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-09-23, 23:52

Also, is it decided which servants are potentially able to be used in this Grail war? There are huge power differences between them. The god servants in particular come to mind...
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-09-24, 11:13

Just lay off of it, I'm not completely nonsensical like peinan or sandy. There aren't going to be any real god servants and I'm making sure there won't be huge power differences.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-09-24, 11:55

Okay then.
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-09-26, 17:48

kaede wrote:This is just my opinion but I think we need to change how NP work. In grimgrim's game you are are able to spam your NP. I think that NP should have a limit where they can only be used once per day followed by a day of rest to recover from using them but if a person wants to they can use the NP again but there is a chance the servant will disappear from prana exhaustion.
Anyone else agree with this?

The final word on this: I specifically planned for this not to be a problem, almost all of the NPs are a lot less powerful than what you saw in grimgrim's game, and those that are have appropriate restrictions other than massive prana cost (casting time, favorable terrain, etc.). Essentially you will be 'auto attacking' with your NP as a bludgeon which deals a good but not OP amount and then activating its ability when you so chose, it really varies by Servant. If you run out of prana by using it all up, your Servant reverts to spirit form but does not die, however if they run out of both health and prana while materialized they die blah bla
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Capitalist Pig 2011-09-26, 17:52

i had an idea about that. what if, instead of reverting to spirit form, your abilities now cost HP instead?
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-09-26, 18:03

Great idea. Masters are now manaless and all prana costs now cost only an equivalent amount of HP. I'll put that in the RCS right away
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2