Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CoP:OF Rule breaker: Rule change suggestions.

+9
Xenoe
dinasemrys
Char
Zhu Yang
Sareth
Corenat Rovarnus
Skraal
Capitalist Pig
kaede
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

rule - CoP:OF Rule breaker: Rule change suggestions. Empty CoP:OF Rule breaker: Rule change suggestions.

Post by kaede 2011-05-16, 21:08

Ok if you look at rule breaker the game is on pause because grimgirm is working on the rules. Now of we are really going to do this we have to list suggestions and ideas to add to this game so use this thread only to suggest rule changes. If you have any (serious) ideas please post them here.

1) Combine the old battle system with the new.

In the old battle system we were able to have the servant and master take actions in the same post. Each servant and master had a certain number of actions per post like a servant generally had 6 actions while a master had around 3 actions. The actions could be used for anything from taking an item out to attacking. I personally like the new battle system but it has its flaws so I say combine the single post actions for both master and servant with the map system of the new. This would avoid making a master useless and potentially never be able to do anything.

2) Increase in health

Really just what the title says a master who has the max in endurance can only get 180 health. With CR's removal of the weapon and armor limit a master can potentially have a weapon that can deal 60 damage which isn't all that bad but if they add 2 incantations and one elemental perk that increases damage multiplier by one you add a x3 multiplier to that deals 180 damage per hit which can one shot a master. Health needs to be increased to avoid something like this.

This is all I can think of right now. If you have any suggestions post them here.

Also one other suggestion i'll make for now.
3) Increase in character points. I know CR has already increased the number of points a character gets to spend from 100 to 150 but im finding that even with 150 points its hard to make a decent master. What really sucks up points is spells with the increased spending limit for weapons and armor you have to make more powerful spells in order to compete with other masters meaning less for other things.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

rule - CoP:OF Rule breaker: Rule change suggestions. Empty Re: CoP:OF Rule breaker: Rule change suggestions.

Post by Capitalist Pig 2011-05-17, 00:45

This isn't a suggestion so much as a clarification. If masters now have the same build as servantless characters under grim, does that mean master now get 30 points to stats instead of just 20?
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : -11

http://fakku.net

Back to top Go down

rule - CoP:OF Rule breaker: Rule change suggestions. Empty Re: CoP:OF Rule breaker: Rule change suggestions.

Post by Skraal 2011-05-17, 06:02

And another clarification, what exactly are the rules for assigning servants? I know that it will be random, but how will that be determined? A dice roll?
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Capitalist Pig 2011-05-17, 09:37

the game master will make 7 servants and randomly dish them out. however, you CAN have an affinity towards a certain servant class that makes you more likely to recieve it
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-05-17, 12:59

acually servant affinity gives you that class unless another master picks that class then the gm choses who gets the servant.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-17, 17:38

Quite true, quite true. The servants will be randomly assigned if no one takes servant affinity, and I'm thinking of adapting in some of the exemplars from our Servant Battles.

Yes, you will be able to spend 30 points on stats. This will ensure that a general build will have stats in the high teens at best and increase master survivability. The health multiplier is going from 15 to 20 for now until I feel like doing some sample calculations to see how overpowered that is. Remember that the Servants follow almost the same system except with twice the points put into creation.
Also, I'm reconsidering my decision to remove the cap on weapon and armor because I completely forgot about spell building. I think restricting it to 60 or so for both is good?

Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-05-17, 17:56

I'd say 40 would be better there has to be a line between master and servant. I think we should do what Marth suggested and have spell costs at 3/4th like the items.

Also have him be a CO gm that way the game can go on if your busy.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-05-19, 19:29

How many character points do you get back for taking on additional defects?
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-05-19, 19:35

You get back the amount shown. You take a 1 point defect you get back 1 point. take a 2 point get back two and so on.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-19, 20:21

Yes, of course you're still required to take 12 points in defects. I think I should increase that....
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-05-20, 05:42

What exactly does element affinity do?
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sareth 2011-05-20, 17:35

Can we get a list with the changes implemented because otherwise my sheet will be a mess.

Sareth
n00b
n00b

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-05-23, 09:07

Should this topic be transferred into the rules discussion section of the heaven's feel subforum?
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-23, 11:54

Maybe. We'll see. Wink

Also I am creating google documents online of the character sheets and other data. If you have a gmail account please share so I can store everything in the collection.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-05-26, 01:59

I have a question for Kooay. In a conversation we had in IRC you said that you may increase the limit of Character points a master can spend to 150 because of the removal of the weapon and armor limit. I would just like to know if you plan on doing that or are we sticking with the 100 point limit?

Oh and also In addition to NPCs maybe the GM can add some random events that may happen during the game.

Edit:
Also to expand on what I said earlier about combining the old battle system with the new map system.
Each player would have to post there actions for both servant and master in the same post. A character has one action by default but can gain more depending on there agility score every four points in agility you have that character gets one more action point per post. The max for a master would be 4 actions and the max for servants would be eight (although this can be increased through means such as a NP or a command spell). For movement on the map every two spaces a character moves on the map equals one action but a character can only use half of their actions for movement to make sure a servant can't move half of the map in one turn. Doing things like using a Command spell, attacking, activating a NP, using an item or chanting a line in a spell (maximum two lines per post) cost one action.

That's all I got for now.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-26, 07:12

Umm if you didn't know by now I have increased the character point limit to 150 and max stat points to 30. [sigh] better add it to the rule summary.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang 2011-05-26, 17:43

Corenat Rovarnus wrote:Yes, of course you're still required to take 12 points in defects. I think I should increase that....
I don't know about that Kooay. I've read through the Defects page and even implemented a few in a NPC character sheet, and I feel that raising the requirement wouldn't be a good choice. If we increase the defect requirement, a lot of the character sheets will tend to look the same because there aren't enough defect choices to fit peoples' backstories.

I would support expanding the amount of choices players have for defects; especially if we are to raise the defect requirement. This would make the characters more diverse and unique, which would enrich the RP experience and allow for a wider variety of tactics. I'm not sure how it would tie in with the combat system, but I feel like a more diverse and better implemented defect system would increase the importance of intelligence gathering.

Also, I agree with Belmont in that some defects should give back more character points for the limitations they force upon the player. For example, Achilles Heel should probably give 6 points back instead of only 3 for doubling damage dealt to a character from a common attack form.

If you're up to it I'll talk with you later Kooay about expanding the Defects section.
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Master
AwesomeSauce : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-26, 19:09

Oh yeah, that would actually be quite easy. This game is based off of the BESM role playing system, so I'll just copypaste s'more defects on from the rulebook until everyone can have a unique issue.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-05-26, 19:49

What does BESM stand for?
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-05-26, 20:03

Big Eyes Small Mouth. It's a anime RPG handbook.

Last edited by kaede on 2012-02-25, 22:13; edited 1 time in total
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-26, 20:14

You mean Big Eyes Small Mouth.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-05-26, 20:20

Okay, thanks. Is there some kind of common agreement of the fates of the fate/stay night characters after the VN?

Last edited by Skraal on 2011-05-26, 21:00; edited 1 time in total
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-05-26, 20:28

Just a quick question for Kooay.

Corenat Rovarnus wrote:The normal Master template's maximum character point limit has been increased to 150 and 30 of those can be spent on stats.

Are you using Character points for stat points as well or are they still separate?
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Char 2011-05-26, 21:17

This is just my opinion that I have gained from reading through the rule breaker forums but why don't we try using the old system? For overhead map movement we could use the current systems humans two spaces per round servants move four spaces. For combat we could do what Nina suggested and combine the map system with the single master and servant actions post. There are a few other things that could be ironed out but other than that it seems to be a pretty solid system (plus I like it because it has the F-A+ ranking system that F/SN has). Anyway just my two cents.
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-26, 22:26

I think the best path of action is to combine the two systems: New system for characters, stats, and metagame, and old system for combat.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by dinasemrys 2011-05-27, 16:06

Yeah, I agree with what nina said. Are the 30 points on stat included in the 150 or separate. Or is it 30 additional to the 20 that are typically available?
dinasemrys
dinasemrys
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-27, 17:33

as far as I know the 30 stat points are included in the 150 stat points, unlike felix I think of stat points as equal to character points. 30 is the maximum limit you can spend on statistics. The stat enhancement attribute you can add to items costs 3 points per 1 of stat raised because its assuming you're raising your stats above the maximum limit.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-05-28, 14:23

Are there rules for being injured in different parts of the body or does everything count as one solid block?

Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoe 2011-05-28, 14:52

Its basically 30 Stat points and 120 Character points if you guys are confused.
Xenoe
Xenoe
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-28, 15:44

Skraal wrote:Are there rules for being injured in different parts of the body or does everything count as one solid block?

Not yet there aren't. I'm considering it, but it'll make things a bit more complicated.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2011-05-28, 17:29

hey is there more room? i'll join if there is
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-28, 17:50

Umm, you're already the hobo on the bridge man...only difference is whether you want a servant or not
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2011-05-28, 18:25

o i thot i didn't have control over the hobo, i'm saying that i'll join if we don' have enough players for all 7 servant classes

EDIT: lol felix told me i'd b the seventh if id i'd join so i'll join as the 7th

Last edited by itsame273 on 2011-05-29, 19:05; edited 1 time in total
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-28, 19:10

its a complicated situation. Yes we do have 7 masters already, but sandow hasn't submitted his character sheet, and char/matt isn't supposed to have a servant. so its flexible, if we take in one more I"m taking away char's servant, 2 more means sandow gets kicked.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Char 2011-05-28, 23:10

Holy powerofpoo i didnt realize nina was logged in.

Anyway if someone named enkidu joins the forum he is a friend of mine who wants to join the forum.
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Capitalist Pig 2011-05-29, 10:22

I suggest the addition of Ice and Lightning as elements for affinities.
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-29, 10:39

Do you want them as base elements or unique elements? because base elements would require a restructuring of the element rock paper scissor mechanics.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Capitalist Pig 2011-05-29, 10:41

I want them as base elements. also unblock me on gmail again i need to discuss my character with you
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Char 2011-05-29, 11:20

Capitalist Pig wrote:I suggest the addition of Ice and Lightning as elements for affinities.

Ice and Lightning are sub-elements of water and wind instead of restructuring the element chart just use the water for ice and wind for lightning.
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimGrim 2011-05-29, 14:22

Capitalist Pig wrote:I suggest the addition of Ice and Lightning as elements for affinities.
Unique element covers that.
GrimGrim
GrimGrim
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Char 2011-05-29, 15:05

So did I lose my servant?

Just making sure before i edit my character with the recent points i may have gotten.
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-05-30, 07:26

How would interactions with NPCs work?
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-30, 14:32

Char wrote:So did I lose my servant?

Just making sure before i edit my character with the recent points i may have gotten.
Nope, but if one more person joins you do. Also, I'm not going to let you have 50 extra points for being servantless, because technically you aren't supposed to be participating.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-05-30, 15:13

If Char has a servant, will the other masters still be penalized by the church for killing him?
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Char 2011-06-03, 20:45

This is just a thought I had but why not remove the level limit for a companion?
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-06-10, 17:25

This is just a few things that has been nagging me for a while but what are the details for the new battle system? You said that your going to be combining a few of the new things with the old battle system but other than that you haven't given much information. It's just my opinion but it would help in the process of making a character if we knew the battle system.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Char 2011-06-16, 21:26

This is just an idea I came up with and I want to see how many people would be participate if this was implemented.

I'd like to add a mission system where the supervisor can give out a mission to a player ranging from "Get me X item from Y area" to "Someone is leaking information about the war bring them to me." and upon proof of completion the supervisor would reward with items ranging from a item with a one use spell, books that can give the player a permanent spell, equipment ranging from Armour to mystic codes, information regarding the war, and finally extra command spells.

If enough players are interested in this I'll change my characters build if I have to in order to get enough points to make some rewards.
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-06-16, 21:38

I probably would participate in that, depending on the reward. Extra command seals are always good...
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Char 2011-06-16, 21:50

CS would be rewards for only the most dangerous missions and those would be few because I dont know how many extra CS I will get to hand out. From common to rare rewards will be: Information -> one time use spells -> Mid level weapons/armor -> Perm. Spells -> High level weapons/armor -> Command Seals.

Also If you think you can just kill me and take the items I will set up counter measures so if I die you wont be able to just steal those items from my corpse or from the church.
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-06-16, 22:28

What kind of counter measures?
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next