Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rule Breaker CoP:OF

+12
Zhu Yang
The Lord Kelvin
Char
Sareth
ZedSlayer
Skraal
Meroy
M. Ainsel
GrimGrim
kaede
Capitalist Pig
Corenat Rovarnus
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rule Breaker CoP:OF Empty Rule Breaker CoP:OF

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-04-10, 16:00

I'm harboring a growing dissatisfaction with how Grimwind is GMing Rule Breaker, so I'd really like to start our own Heaven's Feel RPG here at CoP:OF. Also, I think some of us, myself included, have been a bit frustrated with the way Servant Battles turned out and how it works. So much preparation and cool stuff was put into the game, and yet the end result is all decided by simply voting, and could be rigged by getting random people who never go on to vote. Having an actual battle would be a lot fairer and show factors like Master ingenuity and such. So I think a CoP:OF Holy Grail War potentially reusing servants from Servant Battles would essentially kill 3 stones with 1 bird, because it is just that awesome like Chuck Norris. The 3rd stone is lack of activity if you were wondering.
The rules and basic info are here(http://rule-breaker.wikispaces.com/), its based off of BESM and other Fate rpg systems. No, Rule Breaker is just the name you don't actually break rules or use rainbow vroopy daggers.
Essentially how character creation works is that the players each create their Master character, and the GM creates servants and assigns them. Unlike conventional tabletop games, everyone starts out by themselves and have no knowledge of other PCs because they're trying to kill each other.
Anyways respond plz if you're interested or have suggestions.

Major Roles:
GM - This will most likely be me, although I'm willing to step down and be a player if a worthy challenger appears.
Co-GM(optional) - The GM needs to make 7 servants as well as some basic plot, so help will be needed. Can double up as the supervisor.
PCs:
Supervisor - Servantless(initially), resides at the Church, and oversees the Grail War. This includes reporting breach of Association protocol, answering Master questions(though sensitive information like enemy weaknesses can be refused or falsified) and other stuff. Neutral.
Tohsaka, Matou, and Einzbern - 3 main families participating. The representative of a family possesses a warded mansion and other bonuses like Servant priority. Drawbacks are known residence(except for Einzbern) and recognition.
4 Masters - The other magi possessing a Servant.
Servantless - All other PCs are in this category and have freedom of title.

Remember these are not the actual rules, visit the wiki.

Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Rule Breaker CoP:OF Empty Re: Rule Breaker CoP:OF

Post by Capitalist Pig 2011-04-10, 16:03

Count me in.
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : -11

http://fakku.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-04-10, 16:27

How bout instead of a Heaven's Feel you do a vampire hunt.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimGrim 2011-04-10, 17:09

I'd be willing to join. If you're taking in role reservations I'd like to be a master not from the main families.
GrimGrim
GrimGrim
Camper
Camper

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by M. Ainsel 2011-04-10, 17:16

I agree with Nina, I would prefer a Vampire Hunt style game. Maybe a pod person/infection mode would be better? Like everyone has a public role, but one person is secretly the infector master or something and he can make people infected (possibly assign special infected roles?). Humans win if the infector master is dead, infected win if they have greater numbers than humans.
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Undergrad, When They Cry Undergrad
AwesomeSauce : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-04-14, 01:50

Just posting to find out if this is still going on.

Also one of my brothers would like to join but would be a hassle because we would have to share the same computer & ip address.

Up to you guys if he joins.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-04-14, 18:12

Does he want to join rule breaker, vampire hunt, or whatever we'll be doing?
So far that's 3 or 4 interested, we will need double that amount to do anything.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-04-14, 18:24

he said he would join in whatever we do as long as he is not bored.

also just a little suggestion have the gm be the supervisor as well to cut down on the people needed to start.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-04-15, 01:20

Yes, but my original numbers are correct even if I do that, we still need 7 players for the Masters, or 8 for a 3 round vampire hunt game.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-12, 23:21

UPDATE
Ok here is who we have so far
Sandumb
Mykal
Nina
Char
Friend of brothers
Meroy
Possible:
Grimgrim

at most this is 5 people. 2 more and we gon' have a ball to-day.

Last edited by Corenat Rovarnus on 2011-05-12, 23:57; edited 1 time in total
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-05-12, 23:24

It's not the troll that's joining.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Meroy 2011-05-13, 00:47

Guess I could join

Meroy
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Capitalist Pig 2011-05-13, 01:27

and camp out at the docs?
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Meroy 2011-05-13, 02:41

Who knows, maybe i'll camp at the temple instead

Meroy
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-13, 07:15

Unfortunately nothing interesting happens at the temple. Ever. Shinto District's where its at when it comes to intense action. Or so you'd like to think.

2 more people...
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Meroy 2011-05-13, 23:11

So Corenat are you changing any rules, or do we still build stuff to do insane amount of damage?

Meroy
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-14, 12:32

I was about to get to that. I have several changes in mind, but some of them are a bit too radical until I figure out how I'm going to run this and make the servants.

Changes
  • The "take 3" or d5 options for magic circuit multiplier are different, you can randomize with a d6, take 2, or buy your multiplier with points(I am debating how many points per multiplier, right now its about 3-5).
  • Removing the max limit on weapon and armor levels. Have fun Twisted Evil
  • Having a single Defense Combat Value that's the same as your Ranged ACV is retarded, so I think when you defend it'll be based on your respective Thaumaturgy, Ranged, or Melee ACV depending on the type of attack.
  • I'm upgrading the Incantation perk to cover a larger variety and have additional effects. No details yet, so if you're making spells for your character be prepared to change them.

That's about it for now but I'm still looking over what should be changed.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-05-14, 14:54

bad news brothers friend can't join. Matt (guy on here named char) can still join.
Wait NVM he can join. It's our neighbors son he will be mooching off of our WiFi.

Also remember grimgrim is interested in joining the game.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-05-14, 19:09

sorry for the double post but just a few comments.

1) Meroy you always try to build your character to deal high damage.

2) I dont think we should have the limit removed on weapons and armor because unless its a NP weapon or armor it will only be so strong.

3) Incantations increase damage multiplier by one and effectiveness of other spells by 50% per level in incantations I dont think anything else needs to be added.

Other than that I agree with your changes.

Changes I can suggest:

1) Companions: They are in all cases close to the same level as your character so should have there stats start at 4 like a PC. For the first level (5 points) your PC takes in companion you get 35 character points and 10 skill points for that companion further levels taken in companion (3 points each) grant 5 character points and 2 skill points to a maximum of 25 character points and 10 skill points (6 levels 7in total) [total cost = 20]

2) Vehicles: for each kind that a person can use there should be a different cost and movement for each kind. Bicycle: (6) can move three spaces. motorcycle: (Cool can move four spaces. Car (10) Can move five spaces. If your vehicle is destroyed you can not replace it unless you have insurance of some kind (2 points to each total) and then you have to wait two game days (8 rounds) until you get a replacement.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-14, 20:18

Nah removing the max limit is alright to encourage people to waste all their points on one thing hur hur hur.

3. Well if you don't put an incantation thing on a spell then it kinda makes it instantaneous and I don't think that's how spells should work unless its the kind of thing that you prepare beforehand.

Companions- Only in cases where the companion is a human or human-like. Other cases or special humanoids are up to my discretion, talk to me if you're planning to do that.

Vehicles - that's a good idea, I think i will implement that. Errm it really wouldn't take that long to replace a bicycle so 1 round for that, and 4 rounds for a motorized vehicle. This will be extended for 'special' vehicles. No I did not just encourage everyone to get tanks and artillery trucks.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Meroy 2011-05-14, 22:04

The "take 3" or d5 options for magic circuit multiplier are different, you can randomize with a d6, take 2, or buy your multiplier with points(I am debating how many points per multiplier, right now its about 3-5).

Heh?

Also, I'd prefer a game where OHKO aren't present and you actually battle people instead of just attacking them for 500+
And I don't really like the random part of magic circuit multiplier

Meroy
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-05-15, 13:11

There are going to be attacks that do more then 500 + damage but those will mainly belong to servants. Also a rule I think should be in effect for NP is that you can only use it once per round meaning if you use it on your first turn you have to wait until everyone else has there turn and and can use it on round 2. Possibly even a rule that states you cant use you NP until the 3rd or 4th round.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Meroy 2011-05-15, 19:34

Just make them cost a lot of prana and have prana regenerate slowly

Meroy
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-15, 21:13

Nah I'd like to allow tactical freedom to players in when and where to use your attacks and abilities, the game is a lot more based on strategic thinking, and I love those kinds of games. Because there are big drawbacks and benefits for almost every move you make so how they are impacted by the situation must be considered. For example, you could choose to use that high damage potentially OHKO NP as soon as you can when the battle starts, but if there are any non participating observers or your victims come out way better than you expected then you've just revealed your strongest attack to everyone while you have no clue of anyone else's attacks. On the other hand, if you wait too long to use a trump card you could be killed before you use it. Of course, I encourage you to tell me if you're going to abuse the system to cheese and unfair powerofpoo like that, so I can make some retarded changes to turn the tables on you while you're playing. JK i'm not grimwind but tell me anyway if you think the system can be exploited
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-05-16, 05:59

I would like to participate in this as well.
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by M. Ainsel 2011-05-16, 09:17

Very Happy Just one more person left (unless we do away with the supervisor as a PC, in which case we have all that we need!)

I do see one potential exploit. A master who is very speedy and takes most of his points in a ridiculously overwhelming attack can order his servant to cover him and BAM, the OHKO you can't cancel. Maybe implementing ranged penalties and movement penalties would reduce this kind of abuse (or by awarding bonuses for attacks made while stationary or bonuses for shorter ranged attacks)
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-05-16, 15:33

So, when will this start?
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-05-16, 15:43

Usually when there are around 8 players.

Oh yeah if no one can find the link to the rules for character creation and battle and such http://rule-breaker.wikispaces.com/General. The template we are using is the 150 one but keeping the 12 points of defects from the master template while servantless palyers will have 200 points and have to take 6 points of defects.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-16, 15:52

MarthMarthy wrote:I do see one potential exploit. A master who is very speedy and takes most of his points in a ridiculously overwhelming attack can order his servant to cover him and BAM, the OHKO you can't cancel. Maybe implementing ranged penalties and movement penalties would reduce this kind of abuse (or by awarding bonuses for attacks made while stationary or bonuses for shorter ranged attacks)
Cool, why don't you do that for your character. Because I'm sure no one else is going to do the same build. Isn't that right everyone? And since one can defend against attacks as much as one wants they could field their own ridiculously overwhelming attack, or maybe their servant's ridiculously overwhelming attack to clash against it. And if you happened to skimp on some areas of your overwhelming attack I guess you die with no armor since your servant does not cover you when you're the one attacking. Because you spent at least 16 of your allotted 30 stat points on agility to get movement even CLOSE to that of Servants in order to rush your enemies in one turn. This is also assuming the attack even hits which may be important because of your obvious deficiencies seeing as how you only have 14 points left for other stats*. And also assuming you are not attacking Saber or Caster's master with an offensive spell which will get heavily negated. But I would like to see that exploit happen, so it'ss awwright.

*which will need to be put in wisdom for a good ACV, as well as endurance or spirit to get enough prana to use this attack even once, because if it does 'overwhelming' damage it will likely cost in excess of 320 prana per shot.

@nina We do not have enough people for servantless characters besides the supervisor so do not plan on it
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-05-16, 16:18

Nina wrote:Usually when there are around 8 players.

Oh yeah if no one can find the link to the rules for character creation and battle and such http://rule-breaker.wikispaces.com/General. The template we are using is the 150 one but keeping the 12 points of defects from the master template while servantless palyers will have 200 points and have to take 6 points of defects.

Okay. I'll start working on my character sheet now then.
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-16, 17:32

Nice, make sure you pay attention to the changes I outlined in my earlier post.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Capitalist Pig 2011-05-16, 17:56

I have one question for you Kooay. What exactly will STOP this from having the same problems that Grimgrim's rulebreaker had?
http://rulebreaker.forumotion.com/t296-my-thoughts-on-the-current-game
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-16, 21:58

Easy: Posting what changes you think will stop it RIGHT HERE: https://churchofproz.forumotion.net/t819-copof-rule-breaker-rule-change-suggestions
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-05-17, 18:32

My brother also wants to participate in this. Can he?
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Capitalist Pig 2011-05-17, 18:43

sure why not?
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-05-17, 18:47

also i just found out that my brothers friend most likely wont be joining. ill have a definite answer in a couple of days.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-05-17, 18:56

My brother isn't certain that he wants though. He wants to think about it for a bit longer, and he says it's okay if somebody else takes his slot before he gets around to joining.
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-17, 19:20

Ok we just went below starting threshold again. WAHT DO?
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-05-17, 19:34

Well, what my brother said is that he would like to join, but would let later joiners take priority over him. He doesn't know too much about the nasuverse, which is why he wants to read a bit more before he fully commits to the rp.
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-05-17, 23:05

Ehh you really don't need much nasuverse knowledge to play, Rule Breaker uses more of the mechanics and system of the grail war than the story.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-05-17, 23:11

If you play as one of the families some knowledge of the nasuverse would be helpful though.

If you need a quick brush up on the nasuverse and a bit of it's mechanics use this wiki. http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/TYPE-MOON_Wiki
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Capitalist Pig 2011-05-17, 23:33

so where is a thread where i can roll dice?
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-05-17, 23:42

you can make one if you want.

Oh yeah my brother said he wants to take the supervisor position.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-05-18, 06:45

Story-wise, when does this grail war take place in relation to the fate novels?
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2011-05-18, 13:41

Usually after but how long after is entirely up to the GM.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-05-18, 18:31

A little bit of bad news. My brother changed his mind and will not be participating. Sorry...
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by ZedSlayer 2011-05-18, 20:48

I'm interested in being the Supervisor/co-GM.

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse BS
AwesomeSauce : -6

Back to top Go down

Post by M. Ainsel 2011-05-18, 21:02

Hey, if there is room for Co-GM, I have that slot reserved. The reality (marble) however is that we don't even have enough people for a game.
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Skraal 2011-05-18, 21:12

Could we organize a list of all the people who are participating and work from there? Maybe the co-GM could be a player instead or the supervisor position be handled by the GM?
Skraal
Skraal
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sareth 2011-05-19, 06:26

I'll join as a Servantless character (if there are enough players). I strongly suggest against removing the damage and armor cap. Raise it by 10 if you want but any more than that will not be a good idea.

Sareth
n00b
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next