Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Art ReDesign

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Site Art ReDesign Empty Site Art ReDesign

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2011-03-01, 19:09

I now deem this Project SARD(ines, hur hur hur). After looking at the Rule Breaker RPG Forums Vroopmaster and I have gotten real jelly about how good it looks and the synergy of the pics (Smug a-chaSite Art ReDesign Nonew, happy rinSite Art ReDesign Newrin). So I'm opening discussion on making new arrrt(lawl) for teh site. Basically anything that's represented by a picture, the banner, the top menu bar buttons, the picture at the bottom in the Who's Online section, is up for change.

What I'm most concerned about changing are the topic icon pictures(the radioactive symbol thing next to each section, and the dot next to each topic) because they haven't been changed from the original style, since almost 2 years ago when this place was brought into being(BTW Our 2 year anniversary is coming up next month, April 1st, 2009. Yes I know April Fool's day). Technically we're actually only one year old since in that first year I was the only member and no posts were made, but whatever.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Site Art ReDesign Empty Re: Site Art ReDesign

Post by InteroVegas on 2011-03-01, 19:27

Sites theme needs to be toned down, the yellow black nuke signs doesn't go with jsut about anything on our sites. Even if we left the yellow black (which is meh contrast for us), the nuclear radiation signs are just bleh. Change up the theme, maybe if its possible, change the icons to trolls or fuuus based on if there is new material or not, or something catchy like that.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 on 2011-03-01, 19:31

Change it to a black and red and yellow theme
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2011-03-01, 19:36

The intent was that you go and make pictures and stuff, or steal them....whatever works.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 on 2011-03-01, 19:39

So YOU don't want to do anything?

Lazy bum
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2011-03-01, 19:51

Well from what you've been saying it seems like you're not doing anything either, so you're a lazy bum too. Also, I made the original banner after hours of pain and frustration, and in the end you guys didn't like it. So I'm not sure if its worth the time and effort considering my mediocre image editing skills. But I never said I wouldn't make anything.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2011-03-01, 20:11

@Corenat Rovarnus wrote:I made the original banner after hours of pain and frustration, and in the end you guys didn't like it. So I'm not sure if its worth the time and effort considering my mediocre image editing skills. But I never said I wouldn't make anything.

erm... wayne... ur original banner wuz 5 unshopped pics just stuck together with a frame....... prob only took like 5 sec.....
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2011-03-01, 20:17

Uhm, Vroopmaster asked me to direct this project because I am good at ranting and co-ordinating, and telling people they are totally wrong when details are messed up. So uhh I'll get to typing out the concept proposal for shiz.

In the meantime, can we get a UI theme change to something simple for the time being Kooay? Please ?
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2011-03-01, 20:25

btw, i can make some custom icon gifs if u guys want, i made the icons for the phs interact forumz, which like died cuz no 1 ever went on
i can do something similar for our site too if u guys'd like
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang on 2011-03-01, 20:37

itsame273 wrote:btw, i can make some custom icon gifs if u guys want, i made the icons for the phs interact forumz, which like died cuz no 1 ever went on
i can do something similar for our site too if u guys'd like
That would be awesome! I'm thinking about somehow modifying our emblem to be cross looking. Something of the like that incorporates churches and our banner.

BTW, here is a theme that jumped out at me:
http://demo.nicetheme.com/forum?theme_id=108602

I'll let Amos post a detailed description of his ideas for a new theme before I continue, but the basic premise of that skin I just posted was depth, darkness, and not too shiny.

How does everyone like it?
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Master
AwesomeSauce : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2011-03-01, 20:43

a cross is a bit plain... how about something along the lines of the hellsing seal?
Site Art ReDesign Il_75x75.38131791 or this Site Art ReDesign Thumb-328953-20080408223814
btw, i'd b a lot easier for me to integrate these emblems into the forumz if Kooay or Vroopmaster made me an admin

Last edited by itsame273 on 2011-03-01, 20:51; edited 2 times in total
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2011-03-01, 20:47

hell yeah, will do. Amos you want me to switch to another more simple theme or something?
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang on 2011-03-01, 20:49

The first one looks a little too detailed for such a small icon. Second one looks nice, but I would like some connection to a church, since we're being thematic and such.

If we can make it work thematically, then that second would be fine.
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2011-03-01, 20:53

switched the first pic to b smaller, hows that look? i'll shop the pics some other time (as in not today) also we'd need dif pics for categories and threads, so i could actually use both. i'll try to find something else to use for announcements and global announcements. i'm workin on some crap rite now so i'm not gonna search more for these icons, can u look for something else to use?
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2011-03-01, 20:56

Nah I really don't think we need church symbols or anything, if you want something religious let's do ancient mythology pantheon stuff or different versions of the proz logo.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang on 2011-03-01, 21:16

@Corenat Rovarnus wrote:Nah I really don't think we need church symbols or anything, if you want something religious let's do ancient mythology pantheon stuff or different versions of the proz logo.

Yah I agree, something with the proz emblem is good too. But it probably shouldn't be unrelated like the nuclear symbol.

http://demo.nicetheme.com/forum?theme_id=147430
http://demo.nicetheme.com/forum?theme_id=163929
http://demo.nicetheme.com/forum?theme_id=165851

Just some examples of effective background use. These take some time to load though, especially the second one.
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2011-03-01, 21:22

I don't think we want to use a skin that takes a long time to load, as forum pages are reloaded on a regular basis for everyone. I really like the second skin in your latest post, I think we should use that for the new epic theme, except using a different background pic because the original is like 10mb or something, and possibly replacing the top menu buttons because they'd be too small next to the banner.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2011-03-01, 21:26

Nah this is chill to show things are changing. Now to my in detail description:

Have our emblem with an extended pole through the bottom, stick this emblem pole thing into the ground sideways. (Best way to explain that without the image).

The scene will be a morning glory type of setting (as wayne puts it), so the cross emblem pole and the ground will be blacked out. Only a slight bit of coloring and detail will be added at the edges, to give off the illusion of lighting. We will use a solar eclipse for our rising sun, maybe a third or a fourth sticking up over the horizon line. The Sky will have an epic darkness boding theme to it (as to how that will be established is yet to be determined). Now back towards the front of the banner we will have 3 to 4 figures (no less, no more, unless we are going for that character cram theme). We haven't decided whether they should be silhouettes or colored in. I know at he very least there will be NO MORE than 1 type moon works character, NO tremulous, NO Halo character, PROBABLY 1 SC character type thing and 1 When they Cry character type thing. (I would prefer custom made characters for our forum but that is too much to ask for). The Church itself can be placed maybe in front of the rising eclipse, or wherever wayne thinks its best. We need a really slick but epic font for the words and we need a shorter slogan, make it Otaku Fortress or Church of Proz (should be fully written out, which ever one you guys prefer). I think with this much in the image its the right amount if the styles match up.

@Kelvin, custom gifs for the forum icons would be awesome.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2011-03-01, 21:43

MORNING GLORY, GLORIOUS MORNING!!

We should have 5 characters, for the 5 man band thing. Also, the silhouette thing is good, but what would be better is if they were just extremely darkened so that a glance would see them as silhouettes but looking closely you can see it colored in and tell who it is, because the shapes of some characters are not instantly recognizable or unique.
To round it all out we should have the Eclipse or Hamachi logo in a moonset somewhere and somehow to complement the actual rising eclipse, if possible.

REQUIREMENTS FOR PEOPLE:

• When They Cry - Possibilities include Rika, Battler, Beatrice, Rena...no not keiichi you retards.
  • StarCraft - Dark Templar/Immortal?
  • Type Moon(Probably saber, but I want Ryougi Shiki or Canaan)
  • Hellsing - Alucard. No negotiations.
  • Another Type Moon Character/ An original character drawn and colored by us.
  • If the above option is not possible or highly disliked, an Internet meme person.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2011-03-01, 21:53

Cool I was going to suggest alucard, but I was thinking I was shooting too off base. We are going to have find an epic silhouette of Raynor, because with the barely colored scheme, his marine suit is pimp and epic. Just roll 1 Type moon character, Ryougi Shiki fits better probably. 5 people gets very crowded.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2011-03-01, 22:29

Yeah but its a trope and everything, 5 man band! http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FiveManBand
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by M. Ainsel on 2011-03-01, 22:30

Gah, our forum has been bleached.

Don't forget I have Garrys Mod, so if you guys need a pic of a char in 3d (eg a big daddy) I can look for a ragdoll of it and then pose it. Put under required persons Gordan Freeman + Dr Hax.
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Undergrad, When They Cry Undergrad
AwesomeSauce : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2011-03-01, 22:40

Site Art ReDesign Halolz-dot-com-teamfortress2-nope.avi-obama-poster
Bleach. Problem, Michael?
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by M. Ainsel on 2011-03-01, 22:58

:S

Anyways, this is just a thought, but why not have the characters in the banner depend on which section your in? The epic background would remain the same but the characters interposed onto it would change. Like if your in the When they Cry section it could be When they Cry characters, gaming could have Master Cheif, Gordon freeman and the Minecraft guy, and so on. I don't even know if it's possible to have the banner change from section to section, so this is just an idea.
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2011-03-01, 23:16

wow... just realized how bad this ui wuz.... it doesn't adjust the sides for ur avvy and also doesn't provide a horozontal scroll bar for pics that r too big to fit (ex my pic in pathfinder irl) personally i liked the old ui, we should have just customized it with a picture in the background instead of just pure black
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2011-03-01, 23:32

How many want me to switch it bacK?
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang on 2011-03-02, 17:17

@Corenat Rovarnus wrote:How many want me to switch it bacK?
Yeah, switching it back would probably be good.

And for some reason, I feel like the old UI was faster...

It doesn't matter much though, and keeping it as this UI will probably remind everyone that we need to get working and actually come up with a site design. Think of it as motivation I guess.
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2011-03-02, 17:23

o wow... this ui doesn't let u c the pics that r too big for ur screen tho, also it doesn't adjust for avatars that r too big, like mine and michael's
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2011-03-02, 17:24

Yeah, the sooner we are done with the new details the sooner we get out of garbage land. As to the characters in the banner, Vroopmaster and I discussed the idea of having 1-3 custom made characters to be put in. Felix surprisingly agreed to draw them. If Felix puts them together and inks them we can use photoshop or fireworks or something similar to do a pro paint job (just like the LOL people do, well maybe not THAT good). This way the characters all look like they were meant for the drawing instead of the "dude these are totally shopped images" kind of feel. Also the custom mascots can be so much more representative and epic / meme-ish.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2011-03-02, 17:26

Darkgenesis wrote:Felix surprisingly agreed to draw them.

lol, last time felix agreed to draw sprites of smcs story pplz, but he nvr got to that
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2011-03-02, 18:05

He's kinda like you in that way, *cough*notuploadingassassinscreed*cough* Alas, Vroopmaster removed the sidebar so everything is kinda beyond intervention without some pain.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2011-03-02, 18:33

itsame273 wrote:

lol, last time felix agreed to draw sprites of smcs story pplz, but he nvr got to that

You have Daniel Luu for that.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2011-03-02, 18:43

@Corenat Rovarnus wrote:He's kinda like you in that way, *cough*notuploadingassassinscreed*cough* Alas, vroop removed the sidebar so everything is kinda beyond intervention without some pain.

nvr said i wuz gonna upload assassins creed now did i?

Darkgenesis wrote:
itsame273 wrote:

You have Daniel Luu for that.

daniel's doing his own version of smcs story....
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 on 2011-03-02, 18:55

I still think we should keep the post count thingy on the left. Categories and recent posts should be kept also.

nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2011-03-02, 18:57

also change the profile stuff font color, u can't see anything on pplz profiles.... just look to the left
<----------
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2011-03-02, 19:28

The post count thing doesn't need to be seen 24/7, leave it on the bottom of the page if you want to see forum post rankings. Forum is getting a much smoother design, removing or moving parts of the forums.

Oh yah, any chance we can ditch the character sheet, alignment and health bar stuff? No one really talks about it or uses it. At least the other stuff is kind of relevant.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2011-03-03, 02:28

btw, i didn't feel like waiting for wayne to make me an admin so i just started up a new forumz to use for testing.... i haven't made any icons yet, but if u guys like the customized theme, then tell wayne to give me admin rights so i can integrate the theme onto our forumz
http://kkctest.forumotion.com/
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2011-03-03, 18:11

Hmmm, the horizontal bars are cool, honestly it'd be cooler to have them as the title link, and skip the text link all together. Though the repeat of saber is meh, and the blinky ones (theres the fsn one and the other one only I think) are a bit much. besides that its pretty cool with that style.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2011-03-03, 22:07

i made it so that the pics aren't animated (not possible to make the pics replace the words) changed a few icons too. do u guys really not like the blinky lights as the thread icons? personally i like them (compared to the other shiz that is offered by forumotion), it'd b difficult to make icons that r better than them too, so if u guys want me to make them, then give me some pics, i'm not going to go and search for them
http://kkctest.forumotion.com/
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by M. Ainsel on 2011-03-03, 22:46

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGG, YOU PUT A RUNESCAPE PIC FOR TABLETOP RPGaming??!!?!?! Evil or Very Mad
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2011-03-03, 23:30

What the hell man, you put School Days for the Academix section? REALLY? It's not funny bro. "Graffiti Writer" has like nothing to do with announcements bro, and you CUT OUT THE SUGGESTIONS SECTION. WTF is this "Smart" thing you have for when they cry and "Equipped list". And you have Marcus Fenix or whoever in the banner when like 2 of us play that game. No More Heroes has freaking nothing to do with servant battles man its a ghetto american street fighter thing. Also, the background pic looks slightly retarded, find something that's actually drawn by Takeuchi. I'm not jelly, but you're lucky I ain't even mad. Put the blinky ones back in, make some other pics animated.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2011-03-04, 06:08

lol, i kinda found the thread pics all in 5 min, they were just for uniformity, also the banner has nothing to do with us, i just found a banner to act as an example. the only thing i'm trying to display is the ui and the icons. I apologize, mighty admin-sama, for my dishonorable conduct and choice of wording. Please do not harm me or my immediate family in any way. Grant me forgiveness, I did not mean disrespect to our realm and what we stand for by poor choice of decoration.
*covers crotch*
*grovels*
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by M. Ainsel on 2011-03-04, 09:34

@Corenat Rovarnus wrote:No More Heroes has freaking nothing to do with servant battles man its a ghetto american street fighter thing.
No More Heroes is a Japanese game, herp derp Razz
But besides that I agree with Wayne. Cool story bro, its very flashy but not very "Church of ProZ"
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2011-03-04, 09:58

itsame273 wrote:lol, i kinda found the thread pics all in 5 min, they were just for uniformity, also the banner has nothing to do with us, i just found a banner to act as an example. the only thing i'm trying to display is the ui and the icons. I apologize, mighty admin-sama, for my dishonorable conduct and choice of wording. Please do not harm me or my immediate family in any way. Grant me forgiveness, I did not mean disrespect to our realm and what we stand for by poor choice of decoration.
*covers crotch*
*grovels*
For all the trouble you took to make that apology, here's an inspirational poster of a famous leader we all know.
Site Art ReDesign Halolz-dot-com-teamfortress2-nope.avi-obama-poster
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2011-03-04, 11:24

nice editing skillz wayne
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2011-03-04, 13:02

Wow they are like the super annoyed forum trolls
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang on 2011-03-04, 13:41

It's awright everyone! KK Chang is just showing us what he's capable of, and I like the skin so far. I would like to see though, what it looks like without green bordering and text and such. We would probably want to replace that with something more professional looking, like white maybe?

I like the uniformity of pics, but we're probably going to have to find new ones though.
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2011-03-04, 16:02

How do these tags get made anyways? just going into photoshop and setting the size of the pic? or is there some actual program / tool for making those?
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang on 2011-03-04, 18:24

Mm, also now that I remember, it would be great if the background image could scale with the user's computer screen. The point is to make it so there's only one continuous image in the background that doesn't repeat.
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin on 2011-03-04, 21:19

Vroopmaster, idk how to change to green bordering, it's not in the color management tab, u have to edit that from the style css. also there is no stretch to fit background image option, so i just picked a ridiculously large image and made it fixed to the screen (so that when u scroll, the backround doesn't move)
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next