Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Line Troll: Christianity

Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by M. Ainsel on 2010-10-01, 14:22

Things are getting dull here so I'm gonna be a troll and throw around troll bait (In case you can't tell, this is troll bait for amos). I'm bored so I cause chaos, just like Ryuk lol.
Line 1) If your argument against God &/or Jesus is that none of their accomplishments can be proving by science or disproven, congrats you've successfully stated that religion isn't scientific and doesn't adhere to the scientific method, but you haven't debunked Christianity.
Line 2) Arguments like "I don't like Christianity because the stories don't appeal to me", "I don't like Christianity because I think the stories are unoriginal", and "I don't like the concept of worshiping [religious figure here] thus it must not exist" aren't anywhere close to legitimate arguments against that religion.
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Undergrad, When They Cry Undergrad
Posts : 1051
AwesomeSauce : 15

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by ZedSlayer on 2010-10-01, 14:41

I choose to believe in a higher power, I choose to call it God, therefore, to me, God exists


As I understand it, this argument is about the existence of God, however Amos has explained it as the legitimateness of religion, this makes no sense to me, with out belief and intellect, what separates us from the common animal?


Last edited by ZedSlayer on 2010-10-01, 16:15; edited 1 time in total

ZedSlayer
Praetor
Praetor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse BS
Posts : 1234
AwesomeSauce : -6

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by InteroVegas on 2010-10-01, 15:04

That is a different argument Larry, that is about defining words and defining god, higher power may not necessarily be referred to do as god.

Michael, if you want to say that science can not disprove religion, and that religion does not adhere to science, and yet you believe the world and the universe work based on tested theories made by science, then you are putting your beliefs beyond the universe and beyond disapproval, so you have made an empty claim, that is solely based on belief, so then if you want to argue that science can not touch your religion, don't believe in science, when you do, then you have fair reason to believe in a god or set of gods. "Well Amos, what about when you guess on something, or follow your instinct?" More often than not, you use information pertaining to the question, or the event to influence your guess, and there is some kind of evidence that the choice could benefit you. If you look at some equation that you don't understand and have no idea how to solve it, I mean, it has some kind of math you don't even understand how to work. You can take a guess, that guess is most likely wrong, but, because you have no idea what the set of answers could even be, there is that 1 in a million chance that you guessed right. We look at the universe and we can't tell how all of it works, nor can we tell what the answers are. But science tries to figure out piece by piece every part of the equation, and in this, it can eliminate possible answers.

Then about "I don't like Christianity because I think the stories are unoriginal":

a) I did not say that, I said they copied another religion, not like they took some concept and put a different story around it, they just go and take a used story. How can Christianity claim it is the correct religion, when they are already copying off of another one? "NO!!!!!! THAT RELIGION WE ARE COPYING IS INCORRECT WE ARE THE CORRECT RELIGION!!!!!!"

Don't hold two contradicting beliefs, and then argue one over the other (not seriously at least), while still believing in both.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by M. Ainsel on 2010-10-01, 16:54

Return of the two line troll!
1) Go do your research and tell us what was copied/contradicted, until you give examples you sound as credible as Sandow
2) Why does everything need irrefutable proof?
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Undergrad, When They Cry Undergrad
Posts : 1051
AwesomeSauce : 15

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by Capitalist Pig on 2010-10-01, 16:58

Science and Christianity are NOT NECESSARILY OPPOSED!
Leonardo da Vinci believed that God created the universe so that science is right, and science is by God's design.

And yeah, christianity is really unoriginal.
The old testament is copied from Judaism, and
The great mathematician Pythagoras, leader of the Divine Brotherhood of Pythagoras and founder of Pythagoreanism, was said to be able to walk on water, his mother was said to have been named Parthena, which means "virgin," and he was said to have been descended from the god Apollo.

EDIT AFTER SEEING MICHAELS POST
Most of the old testament is copied, word for word, from Judaism.

Enough research for ya Michael?
Edit cause I forgot to mention it earlier:
No, the D.B.P. did not rip off Christianity.
Pythagoras lived from 570-495 B.C.E., and most of the stories about him were spread during is lifetime, although the D.B.P. did continue to exist after his death.
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

Posts : 602
AwesomeSauce : -11

http://fakku.net

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by M. Ainsel on 2010-10-01, 17:04

The old testament is a re-telling and additions to the Jewish Tora.
I don't really see how Pythagoras and Christ and the same...

And Amos, what did a worshiper of God ever do to you? Do you just not like the idea of someone better than you?
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Undergrad, When They Cry Undergrad
Posts : 1051
AwesomeSauce : 15

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by Capitalist Pig on 2010-10-01, 17:13

I never said that Pythagoras and Christ were the same, I just say that many elements of Christ's life were taken from rumours about Pythagoras
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

Posts : 602
AwesomeSauce : -11

http://fakku.net

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by M. Ainsel on 2010-10-01, 17:20

Or vice versa.
You know, this has to be something that I feel supports my argument for me.


Last edited by MarthMarthy on 2010-10-01, 17:27; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Removing RickRoll.)
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Undergrad, When They Cry Undergrad
Posts : 1051
AwesomeSauce : 15

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by Capitalist Pig on 2010-10-01, 17:24

I already explained that it is not vice versa because Pythagoras lived 570-495 B.C.E., approx., and most of the rumours about him were spread during his life.
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

Posts : 602
AwesomeSauce : -11

http://fakku.net

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by Zhu Yang on 2010-10-01, 18:38

This topic has the word "Troll" in the title and will never let you down.
I don't think anyone has problems with me moving it to Spam?
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Master
Posts : 2107
AwesomeSauce : 9

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by InteroVegas on 2010-10-01, 18:56

I know I have used these but these and that they are some very basic examples but heres for contradictions:

World being created in 7 days vs Evolution and the world coming to be in millions of years. (No, you know that originally Christians 100% believed that it was not a metaphorical passage, and they don't want to look stupid now, so it has been changed to be considered metaphorical, and there are still some people around who believe the world was made in 7 days.)

Adam and Eve: If all of humanity came from 1 pair of humans we would most likely have been destroyed by a bacteria or virus by now. But it gets better, they had two male children, then after they die, 1 kills the other. Then the first brother is left there at the end of that section. Then in the next section Tower of Babylon, there are multiple people.

People and the world flood: First, to take all the animals across the planet onto one boat, we know did not happen a) all the animals did not just exist in Noah's area, and even if they did, back at this supposed time, technology was not at the point where they could make a boat to support all those animals. Then, if the entire world had been flooded, then all dry land plant life would have been fried, and grapes do not grow under water. (Noah drinking wine). "No Amos, that is clearly all a metaphor", it was believed to be a literal story, but once science doesn't just make it seem suspicious, but awfully stupid looking, it gets changed to a metaphor.

And before irrefutable proof, there is not even anything that would suggest gods existence. "The world is proof of Gods existence" because if that is your claim, then either you don't believe that the world was created by the methods proposed by Science OR you believe that God used science to make the earth, and if it is the latter that means you would be saying God exists because science works. And man made text is not credible proof of God.

Claiming that God made science and then science saying the world more or less is impossible to be in 7 days and finish in the situation that it supposedly did after the seventh day (With continents, water, humans, animals and plants).

@Capitalist Pig wrote:I already explained that it is not vice versa because Pythagoras lived 570-495 B.C.E., approx., and most of the rumours about him were spread during his life.

I will tack on that no records of Jesus have been found from Jesus' time.

Then you can go through the various atheist arguments Kevin Chu has, like why would a perfect being bother with creating anything. That if god is almighty, can he make something more powerful than himself? you can ask him about them.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by kaede on 2010-10-01, 19:10

Seeing as this is spam now and holds a tiny shread of relevance to the topic...


kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 3256
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by InteroVegas on 2010-10-01, 19:19

This is so stupid I just had to show this, and this was named anonymous at the end of the email, that was sent by my sister, HAY GUYS LETS RECYCLE AND THE SUN WON'T GO BOOM! thats about how stupid it is.

"before i give you this message, i have to ask something of you. i want you to read my message, and forward it to everyone on your contact list including the person who sent it to you, and then ask them to do the same, on and on and on


here is my message: in 2 billion years, the sun will go super nova, which means: the sun will get really big and swallow ALL the planets, and EVERYONE will die. everything will start from day 1 because god is giving us another chance in not ruining the world so in order to save the human race, we will do this: recycle, turn off your electronics when you are not using them unplug it, EVERYTHING! dont shop from stores. grow food, swap clothing. get rid of cars, use bicycles, walk. most people are dying because they are sitting on dead animals/leather couches while stuffing MEAT/ dead animals into their mouthes! most people DIE when they do exactly that! stop eating meat dont kill bugs. stop using phones, you can talk, use it. when you sitt on leather couches, you are basically rubbing your BUTT on a dead animal. create your own ideas! if you dont send this, you will be cursed with DEATH

yours truly,
Anonymous"

I love the part where they say forward it to everyone on your contact list, then to the person who sent this email to you and have them all do the same.

And @kaede: lol
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by Capitalist Pig on 2010-10-01, 19:24

KELVIN MOMENT.
Even Ms Binns is smart enough to see the F/UC truckload of powerofpoo in that paragraph.
Probably.

Clearly, when a star goes supernova, it goes omnomnom on all the planets and then somehow the planets manage to survive being completely obliterated and life can form on them again. Not to mention that our sun isn't big enough to have a supernova.
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

Posts : 602
AwesomeSauce : -11

http://fakku.net

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by InteroVegas on 2010-10-01, 19:28

Hey don't forget, never use cars, and never eat meat or sit on dead animals, or you may spontaneously die. HAY GUYS DON'T USE PHONES, instead use your long range talking skills to communicate.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by kaede on 2010-10-01, 19:33

How would living a greener life not make the sun go supernova? There are lots of stars that go supernova all the time and one day our sun will most likely go supernova but that is a long time away and it can't be avoided its part of the natural order of things.

Also how old was the person who wrote this chain letter? You gotta tell them to do better research.

Edit: Also how can you not kill bugs? you take one step and you are almost guaranteed to kill a bug.


Last edited by kaede on 2010-10-01, 19:35; edited 1 time in total
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
Posts : 3256
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by InteroVegas on 2010-10-01, 19:34

They are 11, but here is what their process was "We learned that the sun will go supernova today in science" "God will always give us a chance to save ourselves from disaster" "If we do good God will save us, and the sun won't go BOOM"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2010-10-01, 20:11

MarthMarthy wrote:The old testament is a re-telling and additions to the Jewish Tora.
I don't really see how Pythagoras and Christ and the same...

And Amos, what did a worshiper of God ever do to you? Do you just not like the idea of someone better than you?

So is the qu'ran, so lets pitch all 3 Abrahamic religions into the defendant's seat.

Hmm, what did worshipers of God do to him, let's see, invade the country of his ancestors and kill everyone, destroy and take over the towns and rape/butcher/pillage everyone, then tax them heavily. But maybe that doesn't count because it was a long time ago before he was born, right?

Also, to add more potency to kaede's argument, there are trillions upon trillions of living bacteria floating in the air, everything deserves to live right? Each breath you take snags a crap ton of bacteria on your nose hairs which die of punctured cell membranes. Good job mr. life loving abrahamic devotee, you can either keep snuffing out lives by the millions or suffocate yourself.

Again, The sun's mass is not large enough to go supernova, just a ejecta and planetary nebula.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
Posts : 6684
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by InteroVegas on 2010-10-01, 20:28

MarthMarthy wrote:The old testament is a re-telling and additions to the Jewish Tora.
I don't really see how Pythagoras and Christ and the same...

And Amos, what did a worshiper of God ever do to you? Do you just not like the idea of someone better than you?

I didn't even notice that better than me part, there are a lot of people better than me (just so you don't somehow confuse yourself, you are not one of them).

And then as a flip side: Do you need something so that you can feel inferior?

Religion has warranted many wars and murders: Crusades, short time of Israel conquering and killing surrounding nations, Fatwa's, etc.

But wait, let us turn this around, instead of us just attacking or defending with our side. How about your side? Do you have ANYTHING that supports the existence of god?
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by Capitalist Pig on 2010-10-01, 21:02

@Corenat Rovarnus wrote:

Also, to add more potency to kaede's argument, there are trillions upon trillions of living bacteria floating in the air, everything deserves to live right? Each breath you take snags a crap ton of bacteria on your nose hairs which die of punctured cell membranes. Good job mr. life loving abrahamic devotee, you can either keep snuffing out lives by the millions or suffocate yourself.
Yes, go ahead and suffocate yourself.
And fall to earth killing millions of bacteria in your landing.
A no-win situation.
Capitalist Pig
Capitalist Pig
Centurion
Centurion

Posts : 602
AwesomeSauce : -11

http://fakku.net

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by M. Ainsel on 2010-10-01, 21:45

Horray! Troll successful! You people (read: Amos) are so easy to bait.
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Undergrad, When They Cry Undergrad
Posts : 1051
AwesomeSauce : 15

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2010-10-01, 22:08

Very nice troll michael, people can get so worked up about things they are passionate about, and rail against people who don't give a powerofpoo.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
Posts : 6684
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by M. Ainsel on 2010-10-01, 22:09

I care about religion, its just that i don't need to write a Michael Moore Rage-essay to express my point.
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Undergrad, When They Cry Undergrad
Posts : 1051
AwesomeSauce : 15

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by InteroVegas on 2010-10-01, 22:46

@Corenat Rovarnus wrote:Very nice troll michael, people can get so worked up about things they are passionate about, and rail against people who don't give a powerofpoo.

I do that all the time, a) its fun, b) even if you don't give a sh1t at some point you will most likely make some kind of comment that ca be argued about.

And if you want to troll more people, say something that affects more of the audience like: FSN sucks ass, and UBW movie is probably pretty bad. oh wait, that just pisses off the crowd here, forgot about the FSN fanboy-ism here.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
Posts : 3948
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2011-11-23, 08:53

This is suddenly relevant.
Spoiler:
Two Line Troll: Christianity 13220211

The necromancer hath struck again.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
Posts : 6684
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Two Line Troll: Christianity Empty Re: Two Line Troll: Christianity

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum