Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Childhood Cartoon Nastalgia Stories

Go down

Childhood Cartoon Nastalgia Stories Empty Childhood Cartoon Nastalgia Stories

Post by M. Ainsel on 2010-08-11, 01:02

This topic is dedicated to rembering when CN and Nick didn't suck. If you also want to flame the current shows for sucking over 9000 balls then go ahead.

Zomg were to begin, there were so many good shows on around 2005ish. My favorite was Teen Titans. It had good action, clever writting, and was basically the White Kids Transition to Anime. It also had something that most cartoons didn't have, a PLOT. I know it's like a standard Shonen plot, but anything is better than the incoherent messes they have now. The only bad thing about it is the number of Starfire otakus that it created.
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Undergrad, When They Cry Undergrad
AwesomeSauce : 15

Back to top Go down

Childhood Cartoon Nastalgia Stories Empty Re: Childhood Cartoon Nastalgia Stories

Post by kaede on 2010-08-11, 02:05

I remember when I first started watching toonami. My mom wanted me to watch sailor moon (blech crappy anime in my opinion) thinking id act more like a girl if i watch it (at the time i was always outside with my older brothers). After that crap was over i'd watch dbz and gundam wing with my oldest brother later we watched teen titans the show was great got me reading the comics. I also liked watching invader zim on nick with em too and when the show avatar came on i watched that all the time.

Now for the hate rant. I was bored one day and saw an advertisement for a show called fanboy & chum chum...I watched about 5 min of that and i swear i got dumber just by watching it. I looked through some more of the stuff on nick and CN and was dissapointed. It's mainly just mindless crap thats being shoved down the throats of kids today.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Childhood Cartoon Nastalgia Stories Empty Re: Childhood Cartoon Nastalgia Stories

Post by M. Ainsel on 2010-08-11, 02:40

Oh god, Fanboy and Chumchum... I saw half a episode at Amos's and nearly got a brain hemorage. Chum chum's head became a giant P E N I S that Fanboy wanted to suck, no joke. Oh btw, have you noticed how Fanboy is exactly the same as Shane from Jimmy Neutron (which sucked)? I wonder what Fanboy's a fan of, possibly ultralord...

Speaking of Nick, I miss Danny phantom, fairly oddparents, Drake and Josh, and Avatar. Those were all good (many argue that avatar was near perfect) and their replacements are god awful. iCarly = Drake and Josh whore edition. And WTF is with spongebob, he won't die! He's been on Nick since 1999 and hasn't been funny since 2006!

Edit: Wow, p enis gets censored into republican. Does vagina get censored into democrat?
M. Ainsel
M. Ainsel
Executor
Executor

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Undergrad, When They Cry Undergrad
AwesomeSauce : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus on 2010-08-11, 07:07

huh, looks like staying completely free of american television for the past 3 years was a good idea. there are only 3 shows that I actually bother to watch nowadays: Malcolm in the middle reruns, south park, and the occasional outer limits or whatever. I don't see anything good for cartoons.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 on 2010-08-11, 09:10

George LOPEZ!
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhu Yang on 2010-08-11, 17:51

Yeah, I miss Avatar!
They should re-run it again lol.
Zhu Yang
Zhu Yang
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse Master
AwesomeSauce : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by nullset12 on 2010-08-11, 18:13

THEY ARE!

On nick 2
nullset12
nullset12
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down