Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The C List

3 posters

Go down

The C List Empty The C List

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2010-07-22, 17:56

C is for Cannon Fodder. While these japanimations may be somewhat popular and read well, they don't have nearly enough originality, popularity, or make prodigious use of tvtropes to make B rank. They're still fine to read though.

1. Claymore<eda>: The manga started out ok, it was still good with the pieta invasion arc, buuut...nowadays it has the twin one winged angels that shoot the spike thingies, a ton of implacable men, oh and whats worse is that the author used a time skip to give the protagonists a costume change to something more fanserviceable. It actually avoids a lot of potential fanservice though, read the claymore article on tvtropes for the fandisservice.

2. Highschool of the Dead<a>: I'm not sure, this might deserve B rank, but there are probably other zombie apocalypse mangas.
That don't have so much of an emphasis on fanservice ( . Y . )

3. Full Metal Panic <eda+ln>: Ahh yes. This sucker seems unoriginal and stereotypical, but its partly excused because the original light novels are pretty old (1998 foos) so maybe they set the stereotypes. if you think about it gaurons a lot like the terminator except he's a pedophile.

4. Mahou Sensei Negima <eda+ova>: Its a fantasy kitchen sink with student teacher love and shotacon.

5. InuYasha <eda+flm>: Sorry if you actually liked this, but it has that old style art form that I dislike.

6. Elfen Lied <eda+ova>: Hmph. First time anime watchers will go to 4chan and brag about how they've watched something 'deep'. baah. It has tear jerkers, fanservice by the ton, and Gorn(look it up). Stupid bipolar. The ending resembles the FSN Heaven's Feel ending 'Cherry Blossom's Dream'.

7. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles <eda+flm+vg>: Oh wow. I remember Daniel Du loved this. (Middle school friend) Standard hero-goes-to-save-his-girlfriend shtick. There's a lot of time warpy stuff so people are their own grandpas. That's all I remember from what he told me. Upon recommendation.

8. Sergeant Frog <eda+flm+vg>: Upon recommendation of Kaede. Sounds funny.

9. Hellsing <eda+ova>: Yes, I know you are all shocked that I would put my vaunted Hellsing down here. But the truth is not everyone likes intense glorified blood and gore, psychotic nazis, Dune*, and pure unadulterated hogsheads of GAR. I do though

10. Axis Powers Hetalia <eda+flm>: Problem Anyone?

11. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya <eda+ln>: Yeah screw you peinan this is just a big fantasy wish fulfillment with perverted side scenes, also it's too popular for its own good.

*If this is you, then Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.(As dick says, GSAC).

Last edited by Corenat Rovarnus on 2012-04-11, 11:49; edited 3 times in total
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

The C List Empty Re: The C List

Post by InteroVegas 2010-07-29, 20:17

Claymore fell into a serious dbz syndrome, every 4 or 5 chapters people just get stronger and can pull off even crazier stunts. Even if it isn't the heroine(s) the enemies get suddenly more legendary and powerful every arc or two.

like with isely this crazy strong guy pulled out of nowhere, then after the winter arc he gets eaten by new and improved powerofpoo, which gets upstaged by 2 previously very strong people fusing to make an even stronger thing (cough cough cough dbz fusion knockoff).
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by dinasemrys 2010-09-17, 22:59

Not to mention that they
Spoiler:
In addition, the complete lack of focus on the secondary main character later on annoys me.
dinasemrys
dinasemrys
Centurion
Centurion

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2011-04-02, 20:58

She's not dead /b/ro they pulled a lassie
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus